PDA

View Full Version : DX3's endings in relation to DX1

general kane
23rd Oct 2008, 17:08
Ok this is my first official thread in the Eidos forums and the Deus Ex 3 forum ok ...

\
Ok we all know that the game is going to be a prequel before the two main Deus ex games but what I want to know is how will the endings will work and what is the role of our "mutual hero" will work in the deus ex 3 universe and will his actions affect the 2 two "sequels" I mean its a roleplay game will they make the ending much of an effect on the 1st game of the franchise, and shoud they make a remake for the two games so that thy accept the changes and the actions that our hero has made in the 3rd game .

ZylonBane
23rd Oct 2008, 17:18
ok this is my first official thread in the eidos forums and the Deus ex 3 forum ok ...
Hi, these are for you:

Feel free to sprinkle them into your paragraphs. Let me know when you run out.

Larington
23rd Oct 2008, 17:24
By the sounds of it, (This from the Edge preview article) they are investigating a multiple ending system where rather than just providing you with options at the end to choose from, your actions during the course of the majority of the game influence the end result.

Something to look forward to if they go through with it, at the moment, it sounds like they are 'investigating it' but not yet necessarily 'doing it'. Its encouraging none-the-less.

general kane
23rd Oct 2008, 17:27
i know but would the ending affect the first game in the franchise i mean people this is going to be a massacre if thy don`t know how to link the events betwen the games .

Larington
23rd Oct 2008, 17:31
That really depends on the scale and design of the conspiracy. Theres few things you could really achieve in the prequel that would actually prevent events in DX1 unfolding. For all we know, the game is about preventing a much more low level conspiracy, or during play we end up removing an organisation that might otherwise have prevented the emergence of majestic 12 and JCDenton.

Plus, we shouldn't assume this game is about saving the world, the story could easily be far more personal (SOmething I'd approve of).

Absentia
23rd Oct 2008, 18:24
They said in the article that they were trying to make multiple endings which would still make sense canonically to DX1.
So I guess nothing TOO large would happen, but remember that there's a 25 year gap between DX3 and DX1, so that still allows for some degree of creativity with the endings. We'll see.

K^2
23rd Oct 2008, 19:21
The story shouldn't intersect with DX1 too much - that I agree with, but I think the endings should somehow reflect the takeoff point of the original. Each ending, ideally, should provide a small piece of the back story. They shouldn't invent too much. Just expand a bit on what is provided with notes and books in original game.

general kane
24th Oct 2008, 11:42
Hi, these are for you:

Feel free to sprinkle them into your paragraphs. Let me know when you run out.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

if the game does not relate to both games than it wouldnt be much more than a normal spinoff of the main 2 game sequels , i think thy should do it as BIOWARE did it with MASS EFFECT i mean thy are planning for 2 more sequels that could be affected by what ever happens in the first game , shouldnt the developers make a remake for both games so what ever the player does in the 3rd game affects the remake .

jordan_a
24th Oct 2008, 12:08
There's already a thread about endings...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Oct 2008, 13:04
There's already a thread about endings...

Indeed, and to elaborate further.... here it is:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=75325

:)

gamer0004
24th Oct 2008, 15:26
By the sounds of it, (This from the Edge preview article) they are investigating a multiple ending system where rather than just providing you with options at the end to choose from, your actions during the course of the majority of the game influence the end result.

Probably some ingenious little-sisters-Bioshock idea.

japface
25th Oct 2008, 03:59
general kane, he meant you wrote a giant run-on sentence as a paragraph. there were no periods to end any thought. it makes it a pain in the ass to read if its just a long continuous thought without a pause for breath.

ZylonBane
25th Oct 2008, 04:13
"japface"?

Seriously?