PDA

View Full Version : Official System Requirement

cyberboy_909
22nd Oct 2008, 18:54
Finally Eidos has officially releshed the system requirement for the PC verson of Tomb Raider Underworld :

Minimum System Requirements :

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3+GHz or AMD Athlon 2.5+GHz

RAM: 1GB (Windows XP) / 2GB (Windows Vista) system memory

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT (or better) / ATI 1800XT (or better)

SOUND: Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE: 8 GB Free Space

INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse

Recommended System Requirements :

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+

RAM: 2 GB system memory

GRAPHICS: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800

INPUT DEVICES: Microsoft Xbox360 Controller

Source: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3540.html

Just check it out

Anto424
22nd Oct 2008, 19:01
Did you pass the recomended settings??i didnt pass my CPU and graphics card i have a geforce 8600 GTS and a intel core 2 duo 1.89GHZ processor!thats too bad i guess il just use my xbox360 what do you think??

_blacky
22nd Oct 2008, 19:03
Oh no...must buy 2gb and new graphic to play....hm...or not
I have PS2 :D, i will buy for PS2
Then when i upgrade my computer i will buy for PC

lara 4 ever
22nd Oct 2008, 19:05
Please Eidos, could you tell me if TRU will run fine with NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT!
Thanks in advance!:o :)

silviu_raider
22nd Oct 2008, 19:08
Please Eidos, could you tell me if TRU will run fine with NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT!
Thanks in advance!:o :)

@ I have the same video card and I made the test at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and I passed ;)
I met almost the recommended requirements :D

_blacky
22nd Oct 2008, 19:20
Who knows, maybe you will run TR on high detail
Im waiting when demo comes out to see if i can run it before i buy it

ZakBretherton
22nd Oct 2008, 19:30
Yeah i can run it fine on my laptop u lot that cant run it must have rubish pc no offence i pass min and tecnicaly the rec coz i have a 2 processors running at 2ghz rated at 3.9ghz

Dr.Willard
22nd Oct 2008, 19:34
Yeah i can run it fine on my laptop u lot that cant run it must have rubish pc no offence i pass min and tecnicaly the rec coz i have a 2 processors running at 2ghz rated at 3.9ghz

Tsk I agree. Shame they don't have £600 lying around.. :rolleyes:

Now I am not the tech type of guy, but these specifications don't look too demanding. What do you guys think?

cyberboy_909
22nd Oct 2008, 19:35
Did you pass the recomended settings??i didnt pass my CPU and graphics card i have a geforce 8600 GTS and a intel core 2 duo 1.89GHZ processor!thats too bad i guess il just use my xbox360 what do you think??

You do not have to worry about that , I also have the same graphics card like yours i.e geforce 8600 GT 512 mb ddr2 and i think you will able to play TRU on max

cyberboy_909
22nd Oct 2008, 19:38
Eidos must make Geforce 8800 as the recomended graphics instead of 9800GTX , which is so latest and it costs too much :nut:

lara 4 ever
22nd Oct 2008, 19:44
I pass in EVERYTHING except video card but it nearly touches the recommended one...:mad2:

Z MAN
22nd Oct 2008, 20:14
I have a nvidia 8800GTS 512 MB OC wich isn't far away from 9800GTX, but I have a 3ghz Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4GB Of ram so I expect to run the game on max with no problem:)

ance1985
22nd Oct 2008, 22:37
Pleeease, can anyone tell me can I still play it (only non supported requirement is my CPU and it's Intel 2.8 ghz) Can I still play it? :)

tym
23rd Oct 2008, 04:24
Unfortunately, I might have to pass on this TR installment.

My laptop has a P-M 2.0 GHz (which is equivalent to a P-4 3.0+ GHz in terms of performance) but only Pixel and Vertex shader 2.0 for my graphics card (ATI FireGL T2). Everything else is fine.

What exactly happens if I only have the 2.0 shaders and not the recommended 3.0 shaders? Will the game not run at all or can I just dial down some of the settings?

I'd like to be able to play this game (and will give the demo a try), but I've already maxed out my ThinkPad and buying a new computer is not a consideration right now.

GoranAgar
23rd Oct 2008, 04:53

Oh, please :rolleyes:

josh1122
23rd Oct 2008, 04:56

yeah thats weird, why would someone use the 360 controller for the PC game, chances are if they had a 360 controller you know, they'd have...an actual 360 :lol:

so why wouldn't they be playing on that :D

genesislalas
23rd Oct 2008, 05:19
why is is that every time we expect something good, could turn out to be frustrating at the end...tell me...is it so difficult to ask from the developer to make this game a bit more playable...I understand that their aim is to make Lara more believable and make the game more realistic as possible...but to what price?...it's as if they don't want us to play Underworld or something...OMG look at those system requirements...!...it's freakin me out...it's too much...needless to say I was expecting it to be more reachable...(requirements)...well, perhaps I have no choice but to endulge the game without the features and quality graphics enabled...I still hope there's an option to switch next gen option on and off...:(

http://www.************.blogspot.com

Ants_27_
23rd Oct 2008, 05:28
Oh no...must buy 2gb and new graphic to play....hm...or not
I have PS2 :D, i will buy for PS2
Then when i upgrade my computer i will buy for PC

Somehow I knew my pc wouldn't run it because it is crap :mad2:, but I'll get it for ps3 then I shall upgrade my pc with new graphics card and RAM :D

Veppie
23rd Oct 2008, 07:40
yeah thats weird, why would someone use the 360 controller for the PC game, chances are if they had a 360 controller you know, they'd have...an actual 360 :lol:

Sometime the mouse and keyboard controls annoy me big time. If that is true for this game I might buy an xbox controller. Not an entire Xbox.

Devil666
23rd Oct 2008, 07:50
I have everything for the minimum, but the RAM memory! ... But the upgrade is coming on 3rd November, so I'll be able to play it even on Medium graphics quality, i'm sure of that :: ))) *happy jumps around*

laco
23rd Oct 2008, 10:43
have a look at this

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3540.html

isn't too much for PC ??????????????????? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Veppie
23rd Oct 2008, 10:54
I think the minimum requierments are fine. The recommended are a bit high. My new (one week old) 1500 dollar computer doesn't meet the recommended settings (just).

But all in all i'm fine with the requierments. This means, if you have a computer that can run this game, it will look amazing!

lara 4 ever
23rd Oct 2008, 11:27
I do have a controller from Thrustmaster and bought it last year. Does TRU need exclusively X360's controller to play?:mad2: :mad2: :confused:

GoranAgar
23rd Oct 2008, 11:49
Does TRU need exclusively X360's controller to play?:mad2: :mad2: :confused:
No, it does not. :)

daygo
23rd Oct 2008, 12:02
my specs are according to the can you play it web site says i meet the minimum requirements, actually its a quarter past the minimum, does anyone know whether this would be suitable for my computer or not. cheers thanks. my cpu is amd 3800+ comes out to 2.4 and not 2.5 also i have 8600 gt graphics card, these two are the only ones that are itsy bit too small.

Rexie
23rd Oct 2008, 13:09

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)

AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+

64 MB (damn you)

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation) (GeForce2 MX/MX 400)

Realtek AC97 Audio.. oh wait.. damn..

_NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A (wtf)

170.0 GB

uh... *looks* Microone (http://www.microone.com/) keyboard an nVidia Microsoft wireless mouse.

I currently fail-

Oh, OT: I love thses guys: http://www.microone.com/

and meh, I only spent 750€ for this... I can do better =/

Mangar The Dark
23rd Oct 2008, 15:12
Well, I have the recommended requirements for everything, EXCEPT the graphics card... mine doesn't even meet the minimum requirements! Well, I'll try the demo and see what happens. Looks like I may have to skip this game, though.

zakker
23rd Oct 2008, 15:17
I think the minimum requierments are fine. The recommended are a bit high. My new (one week old) 1500 dollar computer doesn't meet the recommended settings (just).

But all in all i'm fine with the requierments. This means, if you have a computer that can run this game, it will look amazing!

my computer cost 1300 USD (assembled) with ati 4850, i bought it exclusivly for TRU, a hunch tell me that is the ideal GPU for TRU

veppie you should consult me before buying the computer since i am a fortune teller:rasp: :lol: :lmao: :whistle:

josh1122
23rd Oct 2008, 15:24
yeah i only fail the video card too.

Mine is pretty old. But I never bother updating my PC because by the time a new game I want comes out for PC, i just have to buy another add on. :lol:

so my video card will probably never get updated :lol:

Ol.a
23rd Oct 2008, 15:58
http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif
System RAM : Fail
Video card: Fail
I can't upgrade my video card (laptop).
How bad is this?

chubbywubby
23rd Oct 2008, 16:00
I have a 360 so im ok
but i did pass the Minimum Settings Though

I have 1 GB Ram DDR
Intel DUAL-CORE Processor 2.66 GHZ
Windows Vista Ultimate
NVIDIA 7600 GS 512 MB 256 Bit!

Ol.a
23rd Oct 2008, 16:31
Check your system here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
(what a lovely tool!)

Gangsta3e3
23rd Oct 2008, 18:09
My PC has almost the recommended system requirements exept my CPU speed, wich still is over the minimum, and my graphics card... But I'm getting a new graphics card so i'll be able to play at all the maximum settings! :nut: :lmao: :rasp: :) ;)

LaraLara
23rd Oct 2008, 21:18
Wow. 9800GTX? I only have a 8600 GT... Well, I hope TRU looks decent on my PC. :(

BLaZiNgSPEED
24th Oct 2008, 03:18
Wow. 9800GTX? I only have a 8600 GT... Well, I hope TRU looks decent on my PC. :(

I have Nvidia GeForce 8600GT too, its wonderful with many games. To be honest it will be perfect for Tomb Raider Underworld, trust me!
I play Crysis Warhead and the graphics are blooming marvellous every leave, waterfall, etc is so detailed like a photograph and performance is so good at its top level that I would be extremely surprised if Tomb Raider Underworld struggles with it simply because I know that the system requirements won't be as heavy as Crysis Warhead and even if they are they definitely won't be as heavy as Crysis (Warhead)!

So don't worry!:)

NightRain'06
24th Oct 2008, 03:49

Wow... talk about forcing it ! :mad2: :lol:

Yes, the PC system requirements are finally revealed !!

Though mine won't handle it because it is not a gaming PC and failed on all aspects. I expected that so I'm not surprised. LOL..
Anyway, I'll just stick with the PS3 version. :D

~~~~~~~~

lara 4 ever ~ You could attach a 360 controller (or any compatible PC controller) if you prefer that over keyboard and mouse controls.

Dr.Willard
24th Oct 2008, 08:29
Somehow my computer passed the test; therefore, DEMO woo!

batotesic
24th Oct 2008, 12:44
can u tell me can run this game, even if it runs slow.. i have: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz; RAM 1022 MB; VIDEO CARD: ASUS EAX300 SE (RADEON X300 SE (0x5B60)); :confused: :confused: :confused: thanks;;;; sorry for my writing, i am serbian and i don't know english well.. thanks oh, by the way, my computer is a *****. tell me what i need to change to play TRU

ance1985
24th Oct 2008, 13:08
Hey, dobrodosao ( welcome!) I also didn't pass on my CPU and its' 2.8 GHz Intel Celron. Can I still play it? Please, help us with your argument :)

pierce8861
24th Oct 2008, 13:42
woah! you knew the sys. requirements?! Wow! Although the one im buying will be in the PS2. I'll even try to buy one for my Laptop! It wuld be really cool! Anyways, this may be helpful!

:) :) :) :)

:thumbsup:

LaraCroftRox
24th Oct 2008, 14:25
I don't know if I passed.....I'm not good at computer stuff.... :(
I Have:
2 processors running - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
2.60 GHz Performance Rated at 7.50 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS ()
Video RAM: 1012 MB
Free Disc Space: 404.3 GB

Soooo err? Am I good? I seriously don't know what any of that means :lol: Help anyone? :o

feanor1999
24th Oct 2008, 14:36
Ayup LCR...

Have you tried running the 'Official 'System Check' on Tombraiderforums? it does it automatically just by downloading a small utility program... ?

LaraCroftRox
24th Oct 2008, 14:46
Ayup LCR...

Have you tried running the 'Official 'System Check' on Tombraiderforums? it does it automatically just by downloading a small utility program... ?

Oh yeah, thanks. *Tries* I passed but, Missed all but one. :( For recommended. SOmething to do with nvidia driver? :lol: I'm not clever.

feanor1999
24th Oct 2008, 15:50
Ayup LCR...

The Nvidia driver is software for running your graphics card, wot runs the graphics for your game... mine is supported, but its not the 'Best' you can get, to run yours optimally. you may need to download a new bit of software to run the graphics faster and better. for me, i thought my new machine had 2 Gig of RAM, but alas, the checks show only 1.7. so i need a new RAM chip and the case opened up... which i don't wanna do. its cheaper than, say an X-Box, but i may buy one of those instead... it seems the 'best' console to have considering the DLC and all.

But it will, unfortunately have to wait... mind you by the time i get it, the frenzy TO download the DLC may have finished..

bingojubes
25th Oct 2008, 00:14
hooray for quad core! still in good shape to run this game so far. hopefully it doesnt get any more complex before release.

i have VISTA, but will it be 64-bit compatible? <------ most important question for me.

here are my stats...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/guildie001/Snap1-1.jpg

Will be watching thread to check back on this matter :P

also to note: from what i read on the site, there will not be a DEMO for PC users. however, x360 users will have one next tuesday.

BLaZiNgSPEED
25th Oct 2008, 18:45
For those of you confused about whether your PC can run Tomb Raider underworld .
Click on this link
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/t/sysinfo_intro.tmpl?registration_option_id=6894&submit2.x=34&submit2.y=14

Its a direct link to the Tomb Raider Underworld system requirments test. I pass the minimum but fail recommend only the graphics card 8600GT flops on the recommended but everything else passes on the recommended I have a quad core PC and 3 GB ram I should have no problems running this game since I can play Crysis Warhead with absolutely no problems:lol:

lara 4 ever
25th Oct 2008, 19:49
http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2161.gif
System RAM : Fail
Video card: Fail
I can't upgrade my video card (laptop).
How bad is this?

Sorry, but you're out of the game...
Koinws ksoflises...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bingojubes
25th Oct 2008, 21:34
just ran the CAN U RUN IT app, and i am glad i will be able to. kinda sucks about the video card, though. this game is too particular. with my HD3650, it spanks the req's, yet it still gives me a FAIL, just cause i do not have "the right" card.

sorry for the big pic :(

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/guildie001/Snap2-2.jpg

BLaZiNgSPEED
25th Oct 2008, 22:28
well actually this isn't a problem. I also fail the recommended with my Nvidia GeForce 8600GT but I am sure this is as good as a recommended card.

As long as you pass all the video card features this is as good as a recommended pass. I also the recommended on Crysis Warhead for example and that's only the graphics card that I fail. But I manage to play the game using the highest rating which is the enthusiastic.

Sometimes recommended is just simply nonsense I've had games running superb when I failed recommended. Where as others which I have passed recommended don't run as well as it claims to. This assessment is more like a rough analyses then anying.
I for example fail brothers in arms hells highway and that's the Quad Core Q6600 processor. But I tried running that game and its blooming awesome, so smooth I couldn't believe it.
Don't worry about the recommended fail its often nonsense:nut: :rolleyes:

bingojubes
26th Oct 2008, 00:18
i think it wants the HD4800 because of its clock speed -

at GDDR3, the 4800 is running slightly faster than GDDR2, so @ 3x512, its running like there is a fast 1536MB of video ram. i guess at GDDR2 (or just plain DDR2), 2x1024= a slightly slower 2048MB.

could be wrong though. but after researching the price/specs for the card, that's the main difference i see. i thought about upgrading my card anyways, but at $200+ dollars, i think i can handle this game anyways :)

upon release, i will try to run all graphics at max, and see for meself.

Smorgasbord
26th Oct 2008, 19:14
Mine can pass apparently, even though i only have a Radeon 4670.

My system being:

Intel Core2 Duo E7200, 4GB OCZ 800MHz SLI Ram, ATi 4670, 500GB HDD capacity.

I'm going with Vista soon too....

By the way, does anyone know if this is a DirectX 10 game?

Debating over PS3 or PC version!!

bingojubes
26th Oct 2008, 20:33
if its a games for windows, good chance it may be DX10, but vista i think hass both 9 & 10 capabilities, so u would have coverage either way. i still go for PC because of possible mods, and is cheaper than the console versions (price is real big factor for me right now). plus, i can read the manual during installation, to get myself acquainted with the game before starting it - 2 things at once! also, my x360 controller hasnt had a decent workout, since not alot of games support it, even the "games for windows" ones that i have.

as for vista...stick with 32-bit for awhile. i have 64-bit, and i realizing quick not alot of my old stuff runs on it, sadly.

BLaZiNgSPEED
27th Oct 2008, 01:49
if its a games for windows, good chance it may be DX10, but vista i think hass both 9 & 10 capabilities, so u would have coverage either way. i still go for PC because of possible mods, and is cheaper than the console versions (price is real big factor for me right now). plus, i can read the manual during installation, to get myself acquainted with the game before starting it - 2 things at once! also, my x360 controller hasnt had a decent workout, since not alot of games support it, even the "games for windows" ones that i have.

as for vista...stick with 32-bit for awhile. i have 64-bit, and i realizing quick not alot of my old stuff runs on it, sadly.
The PC version is as good as any console. Remember that Tomb Raider was first made for the PC version therefore the PC is specialised to run Tomb Raider games more. Plus its much better to control Lara with a keyboard than a game controller, well certainly for me. I play only FIFA 09 and PES 2009 with gamepad but all others are better using a keyboard. Especially games like Tomb Raider where you have to jump and grab ledges and swim. I can't imagine to do that using a gamepad. That's why not only is the PC version cheaper you got all the options in the world you can use a gamepad and a keyboard.

Yes, agree stick with 32 bit as it has more advantages than disadvantages. According to that site 32 bit gives better performance!http://www.build-your-own-computer-tips.com/64-32-bit-processors.html

Dshaheen
27th Oct 2008, 06:09
I meet the requirements, But fortunately I do not have vista nor xp I have GLORIOUS Mac OS X Leopard. And just question will there be an apple version

kinglu
27th Oct 2008, 10:04
:nut:

Your graphy card is not bad.and you can oc your cpu to over 2.2GHZ.

kinglu
27th Oct 2008, 10:07
Mine can pass apparently, even though i only have a Radeon 4670.

My system being:

Intel Core2 Duo E7200, 4GB OCZ 800MHz SLI Ram, ATi 4670, 500GB HDD capacity.

I'm going with Vista soon too....

By the way, does anyone know if this is a DirectX 10 game?

Debating over PS3 or PC version!!

according the official system requirement,It is not a directx10 game.It just support direct9.0c
:)

Wildcat2704
28th Oct 2008, 08:25
I pass in EVERYTHING except video card but it nearly touches the recommended one...:mad2:

That makes 2 of us..... This sucks....:rolleyes:

tym
28th Oct 2008, 12:48
Hmm...high system requirements that rule out anyone without new gear and now a late demo. It seems like we PC users (especially the casual gaming crowd) are being left behind.

cyberboy_909
29th Oct 2008, 05:13
Eidos said that Tomb Raider Underworld demo for both Xbox360 And PC will be released on 28th October but now the they said that PC demo will be releasing on 31st , why is this happening?????????????????????

Deefiejj
29th Oct 2008, 09:06
Great! I can run it like Speedy Gonzales :P

TurkishLadyLaraCroft
29th Oct 2008, 11:03
hi all ı joined here today yet ım from turkey Im also one of big Tomb Raider fans too like you all...:) ı wanted to ask you about this ı want to learn which TRU could be run ony my pc or not but probably it could be run on these requirements there is only difference about my video card style is nvidia 9800 GT but recommended wants to GTX only ı fail about video card difference but ı can run it that says on the bottom but ı heard about the pc demo will be 2.5 GB filesize ı wondered if my computer could be get it or not can ı will get traoubles about the downloading cause of the filesize? can somebody explain me about those cases?

(sorry if ı uploaded images too big and my english is not so well...:( and ı will edit my avatar and signature as soon as possible)

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1083/systemrequirementspic03yw8.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7556/systemrequirementspic02dz7.jpg

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:17
hi all ı joined here today yet ım from turkey Im also one of big Tomb Raider fans too like you all...:) ı wanted to ask you about this ı want to learn which TRU could be run ony my pc or not but probably it could be run on these requirements there is only difference about my video card style is nvidia 9800 GT but recommended wants to GTX only ı fail about video card difference but ı can run it that says on the bottom but ı heard about the pc demo will be 2.5 GB filesize ı wondered if my computer could be get it or not can ı will get traoubles about the downloading cause of the filesize? can somebody explain me about those cases?

(sorry if ı uploaded images too big and my english is not so well...:( and ı will edit my avatar and signature as soon as possible)

Hmm. I think you'd be able to run it, just not at highest performance, might have to change it to medium instead of high on the settings.

有条不紊
29th Oct 2008, 11:26
the so called ‘can you run it’

my e2140 can't even met the minimum!!!

will i have a chance?

my computer:e2140 xp hd3850 2G 160G

TurkishLadyLaraCroft
29th Oct 2008, 11:26
Hmm. I think you'd be able to run it, just not at highest performance, might have to change it to medium instead of high on the settings.

thanks for replying and helping me...:) ;)

M.a.r.k
30th Oct 2008, 01:01
nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX?

A bit of hight don't ya think? oO

Hope me 8600GT support that! :P

Passed on everything else on the recommended settings... uff! =)

blahblahperson
30th Oct 2008, 02:46
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oh god i only have a 7150m/n630 graphics card!!!:( :eek: :eek: :eek:

blahblahperson
30th Oct 2008, 02:49

:eek: :eek: :eek: i wish i have a graphics card like you do

TurkishLadyLaraCroft
30th Oct 2008, 06:26
:eek: :eek: :eek: i wish i have a graphics card like you do

yeah there is something that ı have got only difference about the model of nvidia video cards mine is 9800 gt and recommended wanted as gtx model of it but this is so small point not so important it says there ı could be run TRU but maybe ı can have got only a little bit low video aspect cause of the video card difference...:o :)

Ol.a
30th Oct 2008, 06:45
Sorry, but you're out of the game...
Koinws ksoflises...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Τι κακός άνθρωπος που είσαι!

lara 4 ever
31st Oct 2008, 14:13
Τι κακός άνθρωπος που είσαι!

EGWWWWWWW?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Plaka kanw re sy! Ok k to diko m kovetai sti Graphics Card ara dn paw pisw...:rasp:
Tespa, exeis msn n ta poume?:p

Stefan4e14
31st Oct 2008, 23:31
So here are my PC configuration:
2.66 GHz Intel Pentium 4
1.25 GB RAM DDR1
128 MB Graphic Card
180 GB Hard Disc
5.1 Surround
Sound Card
Keyboard
Mouse

So will it run or not? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

tym
31st Oct 2008, 23:36
Does the card have pixel and vertex shader 3.0? If not, the demo will not initialize; it seems the game needs fairly high-end graphics to run at all.

Stefan4e14
31st Oct 2008, 23:38
Well I can say that my card is a bit old but I played Tomb Raider Anniversary on the graphics all to MAX and I didn't had a problem.

Spong
31st Oct 2008, 23:41
You'll probably start getting problems (slow down) if you try and max out all the display settings, but with your PC specs, you'll certainly be able to run the game.

And this should be in one of the Tomb Raider: Underworld The Demo sub-forums ;)

tym
1st Nov 2008, 00:16
^ Not necessarily. My specs are roughly equivalent to those of the OP and I cannot run the demo. It appears the graphics requirements are quite strict with this game.

_blacky
1st Nov 2008, 11:50
:D
I can play TRU on high detail on my AMD 3000+,1gb,X1650pro
But i want more & more detail on antisomething so im geting a new computer :D
Yeaah

ilovetombraider
1st Nov 2008, 12:33
Please tell me if this will work as sistem requiremente for TRU?

.AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology
TL-58 (1.9 GHz, 2x512KB L2 cache)
. Up to 715MB NIVIDIA GeForce 7000M
TurboCache
.3GB DDR2
.15.4 WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD(8ms/220-nit)
.250GB HDD
.DVD-Super Multi DL
.802.11b/g WLAN

:p thanks

Gamer4Lyfe
1st Nov 2008, 16:03

I'll tell you why Josh. The PC version tends to be the most graphically amazing version & you can Mod outfits & stuff on it. As was the clear case for me with Anniversary. I bought Anniversary on the PC since the 360 version wasn't even announced yet & I do not like to play with a keyboard, so I used my 360 controller with excellence & a huge grin on my face. :D

When the 360 version came out, I bought that too & was highly disappointed on the graphical quality compared to the PC version. Yes I was running it on my HDTV via 1080p & still the PC version was sharper, clearer & just awesome. So, that is why I would be playing it on my PC with the 360 controller, which btw, is ergonomically comfortable for extended play sessions!

Dusan
1st Nov 2008, 19:28
I upgraded my PC today just because of the TRU demo :D
I bought a new graphic card (NVidia 9600 GT, 2000 MHz, 512 MB) plus two extra gigabytes of RAM so that now I have 3 GBs.

I have a rather old processor (AMD 3500+ 2.2 GHz) BUT the entire demo runs perfectly smoothly even with the highest texture details and all effects turned on.

So if you need to upgrade your PC, it seems like a good idea to start with the graphic card ;)

Btw, I'm so totally AMAZED by the demo!!!

lhaymehr
2nd Nov 2008, 09:13
I think the recommended specs are a bit exaggerated, judging by the demo level. Who knows what kind of eye candy comes with the game though.

With my 5200X2 and 8800GT the FPS was 45-75 FPS, so it's not like it's flying.

gatygun
2nd Nov 2008, 15:46
people people people,

I read alot of posts about people there systems cant handle the game etc etc.

I found this problem always a problem what gives games a bit to extreem slowdown on developing:

My own system atm:

2x gtx 280
quad core top model atm
some nice mobo
2TB hdd's
8gb 4,4,4,12 ddrII

While my system is kinda high end besides the ddr2 memory but i wont get much of a slowdown at this game with it. My system will run the game perfectly smoothly with every eye candy there is.

I always look myself for games that match my system, its what i like. I buy games not to play them to the end, i buy them to see how my system reacts on games. I love to see beautifull games with alot of eyecandy. If my system cant handle it to the max i will just upgrade it with the newest stuff there is.

I always buy tomb raider games for 2 reasons, 1 play them to the end ( because i just love the story's ) and second most important part is how the eye candy is.

After i readed some posts with 9800gtx for recommend is to much because it costs me to much.

I would say the 9800gtx is a top model of a earlyer generation of videocards ( besides the x2 version). If you would know something at all about pc's is that 280 is the newest serie.
I Dont find it weird personally that that card has been selected to be the recommend stat because its a old videocard that still can pull off some nice fps. I would say 8800gtx as minimum , a 9800gtx as recommend and 280 as high end.

Yes PC's kost alot of money. Is it impossible to get ? NO way. People are just lazy themself by not getting a job on saturday or sunday to gain a bit of money. YES you wont earn 1000 euro at 1 week. But if you just work and put like every 5 euro you earn 1 euro to your save account you will get at the end enought money to atleast update your system every year.

Atm i'm 22 years myself, i'm a student and work beside my study. I earn this way tons of money to upgrade my system like i did at 14 years old already.

What i really hate is:

Games with crappy engines that are to much optimized for people with low end systems. I find it good that they put like low options at games for people that just wanna play tomb raider because of there story's or whatever. But dont turn down the grafics from games because the majority cant handle the eye candy.

People with pentiums 4 and there 512 mb with there 9800pro ( 128mb version ). Ofcourse you cant handle the game its to old for your PC, you could run any game smoothly with it and never will. ( 10-29 fps aint smooth ) from 30 it is.

Its like the same thing that you wanna play a playstation 3 game on a playstation 1. Ofcourse you cant handle it.

About some post that i saw on the forum, people that can play this game on there laptops.

I got 2 laptops atm

1 mid end
1 high end

the mid end is a budget one from about 1000 euro bought 4 months ago and cant play the game at all, maybe it can but 5-10 fps with almost no eye candy.

The high end costed me about 3200 euro ( i actually won this one ) 1 month ago and has some nice high end specs. Yes the laptop can play the game, smoothly? no freaking way.

Laptops are not designed for playing games at all if you ask me. A low end from around ~1500 euro will pull off the game with some really big ass slowdowns with some minor bugs. It just doesn't work people.

If you cant buy a system that meets atleast the minimum requirement i would even buy the game or try to play it.

People you can pull off a system for already 500 euro that can run the system smoothly, yes in about 5 months you will need to upgrade again but hey, its a budget pc right?

just my 50 cents.

And eidos you did it right its a beautifull game for sure.

Dusan
2nd Nov 2008, 18:15
It's not exactly true that a PC has to be expensive.
I believe continuous upgrading is the way and it doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. I have just upgraded my two year old computer spending only a rather small amount of money on it and now I'm able to play the TRU demo with highest details and effects :D
Upgrading is a great advantage of PCs over game consoles and in my opinion it dramatically reduces the relative price of PCs in comparison with consoles which eventually have to be replaced by a new model instead of upgrading just a part of it.

bingojubes
2nd Nov 2008, 18:55
It's not exactly true that a PC has to be expensive.
I believe continuous upgrading is the way and it doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. I have just upgraded my two year old computer spending only a rather small amount of money on it and now I'm able to play the TRU demo with highest details and effects :D
Upgrading is a great advantage of PCs over game consoles and in my opinion it dramatically reduces the relative price of PCs in comparison with consoles which eventually have to be replaced by a new model instead of upgrading just a part of it.

Another wonderful success story to offset the PC negativity here in the forums :3

PREACH ON, MY FELLOW GAMER!

demench
3rd Nov 2008, 01:33
I ran the demo its ran just fine with my configuration...
Intel Quad Core Q6600
Rams 4.00gigs
BFG 8800Gtx
1 TB Harddrive

Moon32890
3rd Nov 2008, 21:02
Hey Can My Fellow Tomb Raiderians Please Help Me???
On The "Can You Run It?" Analysis I Don't Meet The Minimum System Requirements :mad2:
So I Was Wondering Is Anyway I Can Upgrade My Drivers To Play The Game Or Will I Just Have To Suck It Up And Buy A New Graphic Cards And Stuff (Played The Demo Even On The Lowest Setting And Resolution Still Slow) I Have A Gateway M-6309 Windows Vista And The Rest Of The Info. Is Listed Below.
P.S. Thanks So Much In Advance. 8-D

-CPU
I Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz
-CPU Speed
I Have: 1.60 GHz Performance Rated at 3.59 GHz
-System RAM
I Have: 2.0 GB
-Operating System
I Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)
-Video Card
I Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family -Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
-Sound Card Driver Version
I Have: Speakers (High Definition Audio)

bingojubes
3rd Nov 2008, 21:23
-CPU
-CPU Speed
-System RAM
I Have: 2.0 GB VISTA takes 1GB of ram to run itself, so u could be 1GB short in reality
-Operating System
I Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)
-Video Card
I Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family -Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
-Sound Card Driver Version i am assuming that you have a laptop, since you have a "mobile chipset. laptops may have a bit of trouble running the game, since the graphics CHIP (not card) shares the last 1GB of available memory

have you tried playing it on a PC yet?? PC video cards carry its own memory, thus freeing up more to use for processing and playing. if you are using a laptop, i don't think those aren't supported at all. unfortunately, since you do not meet even the minimum req's, there isn't anything Eidos and Crystal Dynamics can do. if you have a Desktop PC, try running it on there, instead, or grab the console version on release.

*many older laptops are crippled by low system memory and integrated graphics.

virumor
4th Nov 2008, 21:38
I have

AMD Phenom 9500 Q-core
3 Gig RAM
Windows Vista (graaagh)
Nvidia Gefore 8800GT

and I just tried the demo a bit with everything on high and it runs pretty smooth (~40 FPS).

I tried that system requirements tool thingie and I fall just below 'recommended'. Woe is me!

caiounder
6th Nov 2008, 00:47
my comp can run it, but not in hd :(

sexyalex
6th Nov 2008, 05:12
I don't even know what kind of graphics card I have or how to find out o.o

umm, can anyone tells me what is the difference between a intel Celeron M and the one in the minimum system requirments that is on my desktop?:(

Joey91
6th Nov 2008, 06:45
ehm...could anyone help me out?? I'm not so good, dealing with PC graphics and such.

I have a:
*Windows Vista Home Premium.
*Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140 @ 1.60 GHz
*RAM 1GB
*32 bits Operative System.

And I think I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS...

I just took all these on my system info, but it doesn't say anything too me! :nut:

I've been able to play TRU, but with all the detail turned off, and at a low resolution and it's still lagging.

So if anyone could help me, or tell me what I need to upgrade, it would be really appreciated! :D:D:D

Sina_Croft
6th Nov 2008, 11:21
ehm...could anyone help me out?? I'm not so good, dealing with PC graphics and such.

I have a:
*RAM 1GB

I just took all these on my system info, but it doesn't say anything too me! :nut:

I've been able to play TRU, but with all the detail turned off, and at a low resolution and it's still lagging.

So if anyone could help me, or tell me what I need to upgrade, it would be really appreciated! :D:D:D

wow how do you manage to get vista running with just 1 gb ram :eek:

well, @ my laptop overhere.. I got also a 8400 gs, but 2 gb ram. and I can run the demo, not as good as on my pc @ home, but it works ;)

I think you need a little upgrade to play it a bit smoother or something.

This is just what i think, and I'm no expert ;)
gl :)

cyberboy_909
6th Nov 2008, 15:54

I have a:
*RAM 1GB

The first thing you should do is that you must remove Vista and install XP ,as you have 1GB Ram and then increase your virtual memory up to 4GB and then run TRU , I can definetly say that if you do the above thing , you can able to run TRU on medium graphics and the game will run smoothly, at least it will not lagg on your PC :) These are the things you can do without being upgrading anything

TR_Love
6th Nov 2008, 18:44
Hey Friends,

I really need some help with this. My PC does not met the minimum system requirement for TRU. the system test results came as FAIL

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=systemtestme1.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=systemtestme1.jpg

I know 1.66 Ghz is too low.. but let me know if there is some tweak i can do to make the demo work.. as the system belongs to my company.. and I cant change the processor so easily.. :mad2:

Space is no problem, i can clean up some things.. but let me know what exactly I can do to make TRU demo work.. previously I have played TRL many times successfully..

If require I can post DxDiag log as well.

Thanks
TR Lover

Moon32890
6th Nov 2008, 22:35
have you tried playing it on a PC yet?? PC video cards carry its own memory, thus freeing up more to use for processing and playing. if you are using a laptop, i don't think those aren't supported at all. unfortunately, since you do not meet even the minimum req's, there isn't anything Eidos and Crystal Dynamics can do. if you have a Desktop PC, try running it on there, instead, or grab the console version on release.

*many older laptops are crippled by low system memory and integrated graphics.

Well I Would Play On A Console But I Got Rid Of Them LoL So I May I Just Have To Miss This Tomb Raider :mad2:

Moon32890
6th Nov 2008, 22:36
Hey Can My Fellow Tomb Raiderians Please Help Me???
On The "Can You Run It?" Analysis I Don't Meet The Minimum System Requirements
So I Was Wondering Is Anyway I Can Upgrade My Drivers To Play The Game Or Will I Just Have To Suck It Up And Buy A New Graphic Cards And Stuff (Played The Demo Even On The Lowest Setting And Resolution Still Slow) I Have A Gateway Laptop M-6309 (2008 Built) Windows Vista And The Rest Of The Info. Is Listed Below.
P.S. Thanks So Much In Advance. 8-D

-CPU
-CPU Speed
-System RAM
I Have: 2.0 GB
-Operating System
-Video Card
-Sound Card Driver Version
I Have: Speakers (High Definition Audio)

aussie500
7th Nov 2008, 02:11
l doubt the game will even install since you do not have onboard graphics, certainly it will not run, and running vista you would need more RAM most likely. There is a technical help section that would be more appropriate to asking such questions.

genesislalas
7th Nov 2008, 03:24
hey you tech guys out there....

my mom's coming home this monday...I had her bought me a new laptop...

Fujitsu-Siemens pi3540

Tech Specs:

Processor:
Intel Core2Duo Processor P8400, 2.2Ghz

MEMORY
4 Gigabyte RAM

DISPLAY
Dedicated Graphics Accelerator Card
Nvidia GeForce 9300M 256 MB

AUDIO
RealTek High-def Audio

OPERATING SYSTEM
Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista, Home Premium SP1 32-bit.

HARDDISK
320 Gigabytes

That's all I know about the system...will it be able to run TR: Underworld?
knowing that it's requires NVIDIA 9800....oh...crap...:(

bingojubes
7th Nov 2008, 03:46
1. free up lots a space
2. get a new processor
3. new video card would be good...VERY good idea

if its a laptop, not much you can do. if its a desktop, may have to spend some to upgrade.

or try the demo an another computer.

jonahkirk
10th Nov 2008, 03:52
My "gaming computer" (2 1/2 years old) choked on the demo. However, my Htpc sporting an a:rasp: thalon x2 4800e 45W processor and a lowly Radeon 3450 (512mb) in hybrid crossfire with the Radeon 3200 motherboard graphics in Vista 64 seams to play the game just fine. My non-vista nyko airflow gamepad even works! :rasp:

bingojubes
10th Nov 2008, 05:06
wouldnt you benefit more from Crossfiring two identical cards? i thought about doing that myself, but waiting to get a job an save for my ultimate build.

batotesic
12th Nov 2008, 15:52
hey help me my pc failed that test, but it also failed on test drive unlimited, and i had that game playing smoothly.. <at that test my pc had 3 fails> will i be able to play TRU with: Intel Celeron 2.66GHz, CPU Speed 2.67GHz, RAM 1GB, Nvidia 8600GT??? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

GoranAgar
12th Nov 2008, 16:14
hey help me my pc failed that test, but it also failed on test drive unlimited, and i had that game playing smoothly.. <at that test my pc had 3 fails> will i be able to play TRU with: Intel Celeron 2.66GHz, CPU Speed 2.67GHz, RAM 1GB, Nvidia 8600GT??? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
Download the demo and try it. If you still have problems visit the Demo Technical Help sub forum.

cyberboy_909
12th Nov 2008, 16:15

Hey don't worry , can your PC able to run the demo smoothly? I think it can as mine has the same graphics card ,here is my PC's cofiguration:

Intel pantium D(dual core), 2 processors running @2.80GHz
2 GB ram
nvidea GeForce 8600Gt 512mb DDR2
windows XP SP 2
320 GB Harddisc

If your PC can run the demo smoothly then it can definetly run TRU ,
so, don't worry, be happy:)

bingojubes
12th Nov 2008, 16:53
having 1GB of memory may be the problem. may want to get a bigger/another stick to throw into your board.

underworldraider
13th Nov 2008, 00:06
Ugg. I'm soo mad! I have to buy a new video card to play the demo. Ohh well, I knew it was crap anyways.

http://i38.tinypic.com/1z5rv9y.jpg

666RockTheWorld666
14th Nov 2008, 16:18
Naaahh, I think TRU on the Wii is the coolest :whistle:

666RockTheWorld666
14th Nov 2008, 16:23
having 1GB of memory may be the problem. may want to get a bigger/another stick to throw into your board.

Well don't always trust the System Requirements..
Many times it's not really the "Requirement" but a "Recommend" because for a simple example, on the cover of TR1 stands: SR 1MB Video Graphics Card (I don't know what's the real one, but it's an sample), most of times it also works with 512kb Video Graphics Card (if those pc's still exist, lol)

Darkiz
14th Nov 2008, 19:29
i can play on maximum :) yupiiii

digifan
15th Nov 2008, 13:15
:eek: Oh frack!

I'm NOT going to build a new computer system just to play this game.

My latest computer system is an iMac with a 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo CPU, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB ATI Radeon video card and 500 GB HDD.

I think I will wait for the Mac version of this game instead.

Meantime I will keep an eye on the PS3 version and get it on or before November 21st.

Lara rules! :thumbsup:

Curious101
17th Nov 2008, 17:57
I'm nervous about this. Typically my computer meets or exceeds the minimum requirements, oftentimes exceeding even the recommended requirements, and still runs poorly. I hope that this isn't the case for TRU. The demo was borderline, but I'm hoping that the full game will work well for me.

Sainphony
19th Nov 2008, 00:02
I have Core2Quad 9550 2.83, 2 GB ram and Sapphire HD4870 1Gb.
I've played demo on maximum graphic with top AA and AF with 60 FPS.:nut:
I also had tested demo on my old 256MB card, but on High specs (just graphic, AA and AF on "zero") game showed ~40 fps.:(
So game needs just a powerful Video Card instead of powerful CPU.:o

Seafemme
22nd Nov 2008, 01:33
I just want to know why they didn't make a version for the Mac. I loved playing Anniversary on my Mac. From the other posts it sounds like the game is actually out of reach for PC players too unless they can afford the upgrades for the PC to meet the system requrements.

I'm disappointed.

Seafemme

batotesic
22nd Nov 2008, 08:25
hey for this game is more important to have better video card or processor??

Raiding On
22nd Nov 2008, 18:38
Hi i passed all the minium requirements and met most of the recomended ones. I downloaded the demo and it played fine. Will i beable to run TRU ok on my dell studio 1535 windows vista 32-bit laptop? Any help appricated!!!

reviewer007
24th Nov 2008, 06:31
There seems to be a problem with Nvidia graphics cards. If your computer has one you may be out of luck in that Eidos doesn't appear willing to address this issue.
~007

ozraider
24th Nov 2008, 10:52
This is clearly a major problem with Nvidia graphics cards that appears widespread. I'm experiencing the same stuttering with my 7900GT (all other PC components clearly exceed minimum requirements).

I think with PC games in particular it's easy for developers to say "well, there must be a problem with this particular user's PC setup so that's why it's not working", but with the sheer volume of users with Nvidia 6 and 7 series cards having exactly the same problem, surely Eidos must act quickly and decisively to prevent a customer relations nightmare.

jfar
26th Nov 2008, 03:08
Finally Eidos has officially releshed the system requirement for the PC verson of Tomb Raider Underworld :

Minimum System Requirements :

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+

RAM: 2 GB system memory

GRAPHICS: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800

Source: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3540.html

Just check it out

How is it going, is it just me ,or is any one else having a problem trying to play Tombraider Underworld on their pc. I can play lots of games with no prob ,I think all my drivers are up to date I try to keep them updated every month so if anybody is having the same prob as me please let me know .My prob is when I start the game my screen goes black for a sec as normal, and then I get this message ,A problem caused the program to stop working blah /blah windows has to shut down this prog, so anybody out there please help if you can ,Thank You.
System specs
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.

System Manufacturer: Self Build

System Model: P5E3 Deluxe Wifi @ap

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs),

Physical Memory :4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR3-SDRAM )

Video Cards : 2 ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series Crossfired.

DirectX Version: Version 10.00

Hard Disk : Hitachi (250 GB) Samsung 750 GB

DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-202 ATA Device

Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 23 inches
PSU Coolermaster 1000w
Windows Performance Index : 5.6

laramar
5th Dec 2008, 13:44
I didn't buy yet TRU. I'd like to know if my system is good enough :
PC Vista
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz, 4MB cache, 1333MHz FSB)
graphic card ATI® Radeon™ HD 3650 of 256 Mo
4096 Mo bicanal memory SDRAM DDR2 800 MHz [4x1024]
Hard disc 640GB (7.200 rpm)
Thank's a lot to say me

Laramar for ever

Leak
5th Dec 2008, 17:27
I didn't buy yet TRU. I'd like to know if my system is good enough :
PC Vista
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz, 4MB cache, 1333MHz FSB)
graphic card ATI® Radeon™ HD 3650 of 256 Mo
4096 Mo bicanal memory SDRAM DDR2 800 MHz [4x1024]
Hard disc 640GB (7.200 rpm)
It should run fine, but I think you'd have to dial down a few of the graphic effect settings due to your graphics card...

np: Kid606 - Live Acid Jam (Who Still Kill Sound?)

drashokshyam
6th Dec 2008, 16:57
hi
i have Compaq CQ 60- 101 laptop
with AMD Dual core QL-60,X2 64, 1.9 ghz
3 gb ram and Nvidia geforce 8400.
will i be able to play tomb raider underworld on my machine
thanks for all help

lyzasrey
28th Dec 2008, 02:46
Just answer this thing than i decide to get a nvidia 8600GT at my uncle house:thumbsup:

L4dy Croft
28th Dec 2008, 03:14
I analyzed my laptop and i passed the requirements.. can someone please tell me truthfully if i'll run it with these specs...

RAM: 3GB DDR2

CPU: Intel core 2 duo T5800 2.0GHZ rated at 3.89 GHZ.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS

Video ram: 256MB dedicated up to 1535mb shared

:D

ceb364
28th Dec 2008, 12:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone reccommend a video card that will play Underworld that also has dual monitor cabability and a bult in TV Tuner. I Currently have ATI All In Wonder X600 which I guess won't run underworld. Will any of the All In Wonders run it?

moyboy
30th Dec 2008, 06:01
I got TRU for Xmas - loaded the thing 6 times and removed 6 times.I slows my whole comp down and can see it running in task manager but nothing happens. My system passes all the tests , albeit a bit below their recomended one, For the first time I am totally peeved with a game and have returned for a refund - love this game but not at this price and I 'll carry on playing COD 5 which runs fine Sorry Eidos another customer who buys your games and doesn't download them for free gone !!

IvanaKC
2nd Jan 2009, 13:41
I passed (and I'm playing without problems).

Why did they recommend Microsoft Xbox controller?:scratch:

pleomax
12th Feb 2009, 17:14
I just replayed it 1680*1050 8AA 16AF everything on max.

It lagged a bit in places (28fps) but it was playable (8800gts 640mb (overclocked).

Anything above my card and your laughing.

Raider7
12th Feb 2009, 22:28
Comp Specs

Amd Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
2.1Ghz
Ram= 1Gb
Win Xp Mce
Sp2
Graphics Card Nividia 6600

Our computer only just runs Tomb Raider Underworld. :wave:

sumeetrajaggarwal
7th Mar 2009, 12:11
When is the MAC version coming?????:mad2: :mad2: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Athrix255
5th Apr 2009, 03:44
http://cache.systemrequirementslab.com/htdocs/media/srl/graph_all_7.gif
YAAAAAA! :nut: :nut: :nut:

rg_001100
5th Apr 2009, 04:27
http://cache.systemrequirementslab.com/htdocs/media/srl/graph_all_7.gif
YAAAAAA! :nut: :nut: :nut:

You're in for some great fun :D

larrykanonga
8th Aug 2009, 15:54
hi all i have a trouble y already intaled the game but when i clik play it apears one window y set in standart y then come an error it sasy that TRU canot initialize direct3d whit my configuration...
whats that mean?
did my Video Card support the game? it is a ATI x1200 whit 384mb dedicated and 1024 shared

anyway i hope someone can help me

PD: sorry for my bad english

larrykanonga
8th Aug 2009, 16:34
hi its me again i run the diagnostic page and it says that the only trouble i have it's pixel shader y el vertex shader cose i have 2.0 and i need 3.0 how ca i upgrade it?

chriss_99
8th Aug 2009, 17:00
The only way to update the pixel shader is to buy a new graphic card. Unfortunetely, you can't play the game with shader 2.0.

franiqueblack
12th Oct 2009, 17:47
hi everyone!
just wanna know whether TR:U runs on 512MB ATI Radeon 4750HD.

angelus0901
13th Oct 2009, 13:50
hi everyone!
just wanna know whether TR:U runs on 512MB ATI Radeon 4750HD.

I think you can.

Check if you have min requirements here (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest)

When is the MAC version coming?????

Probably never...

Lila
7th Jan 2010, 04:14
CPU
Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (A Dell XPS 630 is highly recommended for great gameplay with Tomb Raider: Underworld)
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5270 @ 1.40GHz

PASS

CPU Speed
Recommended: 2.2 GHz (A Dell XPS 630 is highly recommended for great gameplay with Tomb Raider: Underworld)
You Have: 1.40 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.1 GHz

PASS

RAM
Recommended: 2 GB
You Have: 2.0 GB

PASS

OS
Recommended: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

PASS

Video Card
Recommended: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 384.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0

Sound Card
Recommended: Sound Blaster X-Fi is highly recommended for the most dynamic and realistic audio experience (Not tested).
You Have: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

PASS

Free Disk Space
Recommended: 7 GB
You Have: 28.8 GB

PASS

DVD-ROM
Recommended: Yes
You Have: KZCHM 2JO1YFC1 SCSI CdRom Device

PASS

i mean.. why would it say it doesnt pass the video card if looking down it says yes to everything? i dont understand!! would i be ok playing?
i think i will :P
please help me

Raider7
7th Jan 2010, 23:24
G'day Lila,
I don't think you will be able to run Underworld as it recommends you need one of these graphics cards.
Video Card
Recommended: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

The Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family is not strong enough to play Underworld. I can only just play with lots of lag with a Nvidia GeForce 6600 graphics card. So if you want to play Underworld you will have to buy a graphics card.

Have you got a desktop or laptop? Here is a link to the games that the Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family runs

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-026146.htm#a

Lila
12th Jan 2010, 02:55
good day to u too :)
thank u very much for your reply!!!!
i think u r right. i could run the demo very laggy but with all the setting at minimun and it shutdown my pc after freezing when the video started, i thought it could be that i downloaded wrongly or something. but its probably as u say. probably the game would be more heavy. or the same but im also afraid it could overload my pc and its a laptop hp.
thank u again!!
i forgot!! i know this one is much more heavy but it says that i couldnt play anniversary but i could!!! i play it a long time ago, and really well so i wasnt shure because as i said :P it says yes looking down, so thank u for explaining

Kath3000
15th Jan 2010, 12:35
I'm sorry I didnt read the other 5 pages, so you've probably had this problem a few times...
I have problems with my graphic card (Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT GPU), the original text is

"Für die Ausführung dieses Spiels wird eine DirectX9.0c-kompatible Grafikkarte benötigt. Die 3D-Beschleunigung von DirectX9.0c wird von ihrer Grafikkarte bzw ihrem Grafiktreiber nicht unterstützt."

It means that the game requires a DirectX9.0c-compatible graphic card which i dont have or my drivers dont support.

I have searched for new drivers, but according to windows 7 there arent any. And then i downloaded one of the nvidia homepage, but it doesnt work.

Any ideas? Please help me, i love that game (since TR1!) and i really thought that now i have a new notebook i could finally play it..

Kath3000
16th Jan 2010, 16:17
Yippieh, it works now, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! :D

anisebal
22nd Feb 2010, 09:56
I think you are very upset regarding your configuration if you find the websites for playing without graphics card then you can enjoy very much..
Is anybody aware about this method because this is necessary for the most of the gamers who has no graphics card.

needmorepillows
27th Mar 2010, 02:04
Just wanted to add:

That an atom processor (~1.6Ghz single core) with 2GB of RAM with Nvidia ION graphics is capable of running TR:U with game settings that is just one notch above lowest (and by that I mean that everything is turned to low except instead of 'point' you are using 'bilinear' and the resolution is one notch above 1024v768 on a 16:9 aspect ratio)

There is some lag, but it is definitely very very playable =)