PDA

View Full Version : your gaming list

mauthausen
20th Oct 2008, 18:52
hi everybody i am new.I have been watching the forums for some time.Glad to be here.whats your gaming list.mine is

1.tomb raider underworld
2.resident evil
3.hitman
4.final fantasyXIII

whats yours

fibra
20th Oct 2008, 18:57
welcome to the forums.enjoy your stay lol.

1.resident evil 5
2.prince of persia
3.assassin´s creed (yeah havent played it yet)
4.mirror´s edge
5.final fantasy XIII and vs XIII
6.silent hill homecoming
7.tekken 6
8.metal gear solid 4
9.devil may cry 4
10.zelda twilight princess
11.tomb raider underworld

sweeneytodd
20th Oct 2008, 19:05
Hey there newbie,, hi how are ya im sweeney,, im not going to put you in a pie..!!!!!
um right well i just play whatever whenever but if i had to make a list then....hmmmm
1. Tomb raider (will be underworld)
2. Mirrors edge (when it comes out)
3. The orange box (mainly half life and portal I DONT KNOW WHY so dont ask)
he he he he he he he he
anyway
4.Jade Empire (im into like games set in ancient periods,, he he he WHAT AM I LIKE!!)
5.Saints row 2 (not really sure, its alright,... you know...)
6. and im not sure...hmmm....what can i have i ummm.....
i dont know ummm. crouching tiger hidden dragon maybe....yes, no, yes, no????!!!!!???

SMILEYS!!!????!!!!
:) :) :) :)

_Love2Raid_
20th Oct 2008, 19:07
Hello, welcome to the forums!

I'm not totally updated about all the releases, but I definitely want:

Tomb Raider Underworld (of course ;) )
Prince of Persia: Prodigy
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Guitar Hero World Tour
Tekken 6
Silent Hill: Homecoming

(To name a few................:o )

Mr Croft
20th Oct 2008, 19:07
1.Tomb Raider Underworld
2.LittleBigPlanet
3.Guitar Hero: World Tour (band kit) :p
4.Skate 2
5.Spore
6.Sims 3
7.Mirror's Edge
8.Tekken 6

Welcome to the forums ;)
And similar to me Love2Raid :D

sweeneytodd
20th Oct 2008, 19:11
OH that can be in with number....hmmm what number ummm
NUMBER......wait gimmie a sec....

....NUMBER 2!!!!???!!!!
i love the sims, i cant wait for the sims 3, neither can my mum either.. he he he
were all sims crazy MUA HA HA HA HA HA

sorry.

Smiley!!!!!!????!!!!!

mauthausen
20th Oct 2008, 19:16
@sweeny - thanks for the welcome lol your funny how old are you?

@fibra - whoa....tomb raider is so down in your list:eek::confused: , what´s wrong with it.wanna hear your opinion

Spong
20th Oct 2008, 19:19
Hiya mauthausen, welcome to the forum :)

Fave games? Hmmm (in order of personal preference)...

Silent Hill series
Fatal Frame/Project Zero series
Gradius series
Contra series
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Okami
Tomb Raider series
Final Fantasy series
Grand Theft Auto series
Prince of Persia (the new trilogy)
Metroid (the original and the Prime series)
Resident Evil series
Rule of Rose

sweeneytodd
20th Oct 2008, 19:22
@maurymauthausen

me, well i dont like to put an age on...age??? really but if i had to say, i guess
i would be..ummmmm,,hmmmm....how old am i????!!!!!????
AHHHHH I DONT KNOW!!!!!

he he he he he i do know, i am 15 just turned, well if SEPTEMBER is just turned..(OH WELL!!!!! he he he he )
AWWW i bet you think i am a wierd little type of santa, that instead of saying HO HO HO, i say he he he like a wierd little rat thingy in a santa costume.... he he he he

Smiley????!!!!!????

@SPONG OH MY GOSH!!!! how scary is project zero,, i tried to wirte a book on it, but i couldnt so.....
but yeah i was really scared when it first came out, well i was like what 7, or 8 wheni first played it

fibra
20th Oct 2008, 19:26
@sweeny - thanks for the welcome lol your funny how old are you?

@fibra - whoa....tomb raider is so down in your list:eek::confused: , what´s wrong with it.wanna hear your opinion

Nothing wrong with it.I just don´t think it´s the best game.

mauthausen
20th Oct 2008, 19:33
@ fibra - why´s that, it´s great:cool:

@spong - hey thanks for the welcome, i feel like in the familiy here, tomb raider isnt the first on your list too:eek: .I like it before every game:o you are more into horror games?(although okami comes first too)

sweeneytodd
20th Oct 2008, 19:38
yes i think it is but then people have their opinions,,, sorry for text dropping
he he he he its like eaves dropping except for its writing. he he he
its just that i hope an argument wont happen,, ooo i dont like arguments bad, bad, bad.....

SMILEYS!!!!!?????!!!!!

you can never have too many smileys on a page. he he he he
he he he he he he he he

Spong
20th Oct 2008, 19:38
@SPONG OH MY GOSH!!!! how scary is project zero,, i tried to wirte a book on it, but i couldnt so.....
but yeah i was really scared when it first came out, well i was like what 7, or 8 wheni first played it

Yep, the Fatal Frames are damn scary games. Especially The Tormented :eek::D

@spong - hey thanks for the welcome, i feel like in the familiy here, tomb raider isnt the first on your list too:eek: .I like it before every game:o you are more into horror games?(although okami comes first too)

I like TR, just not as much as the others I listed. I'm more a fan of the old-skool titles (TR1 to TR5). I'm not so keen on Legend, Anniversary & Underworld (from what I've seen of it).

sweeneytodd
20th Oct 2008, 19:44
oh right, im kinda like that, but not with games only with films,,,
like if they make a new version of an old film, i am just like,
"well this is silly" and go to watch the old one, and i am like
"OH YEAH this is the life"

he he he he that sounds funny he he he he

SMILEY????!!!

crazyraider-147
20th Oct 2008, 19:49
1. Tomb Raider Underworld

2. Avatar into the inferno

3.Grand theft auto china town somthing.

Mr. Deadeye
20th Oct 2008, 19:56
mine is
1Call of duty world at war
2End war
3Tomb Raider
4Disaster day of crisis
5Call of duty 4
6Battalion wars 2
7Resident evil series (specially 4)

SilverSeal94
20th Oct 2008, 20:20
1.Tomb Raider Underworld
2.Mirrors Edge
3.Legendary
4.LittleBigPlanet
:) :) :) :) :) :)

NightRain'06
20th Oct 2008, 23:43
My current Game Wish List is:

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tekken 6
Saints Row 2 ( Now that it's also on PS3. I'll just have too much fun messing around and won't finish the story campaign for a long time. :D )
New Prince of Persia ( I'll see if he could do anything better than Lara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-3CPAtQiJs). :p )
Golden Axe: Beast Rider ( Nostalgia. Yes, I know it does not have the other two playable characters. Still, it's GA. )

That's all for the rest of this year.

For next year's list I have in mind so far:

God Of War III
Bayonetta ( From the creator[s] of Devil May Cry. )
Batman: Arkam Asylum

~~~~~

ETA: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune ( Sometime down the line. )

Golden Laurel
20th Oct 2008, 23:53
nice idea for a thread :D

1. Tomb Raider underworld
2, Littlebig planet (sack babys are so cute)
3. Guitar Hero (dont remember the name)
4. Uncharted, Drake's Fortune
5. Need for speed
6. Endless ocean (a wii game my mom rented for herself, she never played it, so i decided too, and its pretty cool becasue it reminds me of the med in underworld. (heehee i made a lara croft acound in the game....:nut: ))

NightRain'06
21st Oct 2008, 00:04
Thanks for reminding me about Uncharted. I still don't have that which is a shame because judging from the demo, it looks and plays fantastic. :thumbsup:

pinpal
21st Oct 2008, 00:55
2. Tomb Raider Underworld
3. Tomb Raider Underworld
4. Tomb Raider Underworld
5. Tomb Raider Underworld
6. Tomb Raider Underworld
7. Tomb Raider Underworld
8. Tomb Raider Underworld
9. Tomb Raider Underworld
10.Tomb Raider Underworld

well thats my game list the only game i plan on getting is (look at numbers 1-10) and thats it for me. Tomb Raider Underworld will keep me busy the rest of this year and probably the next. I hope they come out with another one next year:eek: . I love Tomb Raider games.:D :D :D :D :D

blahblahperson
21st Oct 2008, 01:08
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome to da forums

pinpal
21st Oct 2008, 01:33
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
tomb raider underworld
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome to da forums

LOL:lol: :lol: yeah!!!!!! now thats what im talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

fibra
21st Oct 2008, 19:58
@ fibra - why´s that, it´s great:cool:

well there are some reasons that make me do not like the game that much

mauthausen
21st Oct 2008, 20:03
well there are some reasons that make me do not like the game that much

like what:eek: :nut:

LC is Me
21st Oct 2008, 20:59
-Tomb Raider Underworld <--------- along with the entire series

-Guitar Hero: World Tour w/kit
-Metroid Prime trilogy
-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-SSBB
-Inuyasha and the Cursed Mask
-Metal Gear Solid
-Syphon Filter 1-2
-MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAT! <----------- lol
-Okami
-Samba de Amigo <------------ I might buy that xD
-Dance Dance Revolution series <------------ Heavy mode FTW =D
-The Sims 3 <----------- Looking forward to that

Bampire
21st Oct 2008, 21:47
1. Tomb Raider: Underworld.

That is all.. For now..

fibra
22nd Oct 2008, 19:55
like what:eek: :nut:

Well the graphic isn´t the best, look at resident evil 5.they made it really big when TRU was coming out.They said Lara is build now of 32000 and something polygons and would break records.Resident evil has greater graphics and is breaking records at the moment, and i think MGS4 looks better too.The moves don´t look too smooth too.Like the shimming on ledges, it looks more like she slides then grabbing.And the slide doesnt look all too beautiful.The jump from one ledge to the another ledge too.And when she gets on a platform and from getting on moving to a forward cartwheel she somehow stops before doing it, not very smooth.

Life has become static too in the new TR games.There is no wind blowing, or if there is the plants aren´t affected by it.Lara´s hair wasn´t too in legend and anniversary, and i can´t say i am sure about it but i think in underworld too(i am not sure though).

The camera is focused on lara, it´s like "look at what she is doing" not focused on the enviroment that much.I don´t get much of a feel of exploring, regardless of the good graphics.The game isn´t like explore yourself, it´s more like explore with the eye from afar which isn´t enough for me.I guess thats why little miss ju said in her thread TR doesn´t feel anymore like TR, it must be because you don´t feel that much of being in the game.I can feel more exploration in RE4 and in RE5 by it´s trailers.And mirror´s edge and other games too.

The graphic is good but lara looks more like a barbie doll then a real human especially when she swimms under water.

And they try to put everything in the game during all time.Like they try to put action, puzzle AND exploration at all times.I don´t think this succeeds.At core design´s games at certain parts you get to feel only action, in other parts only headscratching puzzles, and at other parts only exploration.I don´t think when all these are put together, they will work as good as mentioned above like in core´s games.
I don´t like the way the enviroments are built too.

The ledges are obvious and when you look at them you can understand that they have been placed there only for you to grab on them.In other games like assassin´s creed the way looks original, you feel like you really found a way although it might be linear.The ledges are especially obvious in the croft manor, it looks really weird how they have been placed there only for you.

The sounds aren´t that great too, or obvious.It´s like the same sounds.No big BANG when a giant rock falls.It´s static.

I also don´t like how her character has evolved.If you have seen the trailers in croft manor when her house explodes.Both a normal person and a hero would either get scared for a moment, or get angry, or nervous.Lara only makes a sad face.It is starting to look fake to me, because I don´t think a character can mostly have a sad reaction to things.She has been like this starting from legend.I liked her in the beginning but it is starting to look fake to me.The image I can get from Lara is her being sad

I think CD are aproaching the game more with intelligence then feel.I get that idea especially when I see Eric Lindstorm´s eyes.Not much feeling.There are other games who can satisfy me more then TR.These are my reasons.

JustMe
22nd Oct 2008, 20:02
...well all i want is...
TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD!!! oh and mirror's edge :D

Golden Laurel
22nd Oct 2008, 20:22
Thanks for reminding me about Uncharted. I still don't have that which is a shame because judging from the demo, it looks and plays fantastic. :thumbsup:

It is a realy good game, but theres alot of shooting in it, wich is a down depending on how much you like shooting ( personaly still perfure TR) . and i have a tip for you if you would like it. i didnt realise this untill, close to the end of the game:

you dont have to hold down the aim button to shoot, if you just press the fire button, it works just as well, allowing you to run, while shooting wich is needed in the end when you have to fight these... nvm ill let you figure it out.

(sry if you already knew about the tip, i just wanted to help :D)

Jurre
22nd Oct 2008, 21:14
My wishlist for the coming months:

Quantum of Solace
Velvet Assassin
Call of Duty 5
Tomb Raider Underworld

fibra
23rd Oct 2008, 20:34
Well the graphic isn´t the best, look at resident evil 5.they made it really big when TRU was coming out.They said Lara is build now of 32000 and something polygons and would break records.Resident evil has greater graphics and is breaking records at the moment, and i think MGS4 looks better too.The moves don´t look too smooth too.Like the shimming on ledges, it looks more like she slides then grabbing.And the slide doesnt look all too beautiful.The jump from one ledge to the another ledge too.And when she gets on a platform and from getting on moving to a forward cartwheel she somehow stops before doing it, not very smooth.

Life has become static too in the new TR games.There is no wind blowing, or if there is the plants aren´t affected by it.Lara´s hair wasn´t too in legend and anniversary, and i can´t say i am sure about it but i think in underworld too(i am not sure though).

The camera is focused on lara, it´s like "look at what she is doing" not focused on the enviroment that much.I don´t get much of a feel of exploring, regardless of the good graphics.The game isn´t like explore yourself, it´s more like explore with the eye from afar which isn´t enough for me.I guess thats why little miss ju said in her thread TR doesn´t feel anymore like TR, it must be because you don´t feel that much of being in the game.I can feel more exploration in RE4 and in RE5 by it´s trailers.And mirror´s edge and other games too.

The graphic is good but lara looks more like a barbie doll then a real human especially when she swimms under water.

And they try to put everything in the game during all time.Like they try to put action, puzzle AND exploration at all times.I don´t think this succeeds.At core design´s games at certain parts you get to feel only action, in other parts only headscratching puzzles, and at other parts only exploration.I don´t think when all these are put together, they will work as good as mentioned above like in core´s games.

The ledges are obvious and when you look at them you can understand that they have been placed there only for you to grab on them.In other games like assassin´s creed the way looks original, you feel like you really found a way although it might be linear.The ledges are especially obvious in the croft manor, it looks really weird how they have been placed there only for you.

The sounds aren´t that great too, or obvious.It´s like the same sounds.No big BANG when a giant rock falls.It´s static.

I also don´t like how her character has evolved.If you have seen the trailers in croft manor when her house explodes.Both a normal person and a hero would either get scared for a moment, or get angry, or nervous.Lara only makes a sad face.It is starting to look fake to me, because I don´t think a character can mostly have a sad reaction to things.She has been like this starting from legend.I liked her in the beginning but it is starting to look fake to me.The image I can get from Lara is her being sad

I think CD are aproaching the game more with intelligence then feel.I get that idea especially when I see Eric Lindstorm´s eyes.Not much feeling.There are other games who can satisfy me more then TR.These are my reasons.

Just wanted to add this, have you seen the new prince of persia?:D they have done that part that, when there is a fight there is a fight, when exploring its only exploring, it feels great.And for the part that Lara reacts mostly sad, I think if keeley hawes wouldn´t have voiced her so good, she would make an less good impression.

Golden Laurel
23rd Oct 2008, 21:03

Long and ranting.. but it was worth the read:

In my eyes, graphics dont make the game, i would still play tr even if she was still a block with pointy boobs. :rolleyes: I agree that they dont look as good as those games (like RE), but as eric, or someone said, they are realeasing only the minor stuff, the real graphics of the game, you wont get to see until the game comes out.

as for shimmeying and stuff, i noticed that also. i found it annoying as well, but this is cd's first try at motion capture. but still it does look realy weird :scratch: though, im starting to get used to it

there was wind when lara was on the motercycle/ train ride in legend. but she's in caves and tombs most of the time, why would there be wind in tombs?

They made an entirely new camerea system in underworld, the camerea isnt focuesd all on lara. and the enviornments in TRU are gigantic as well, have you seen the med.? you get an entire ocean!!!! what more do you want? and personaly, i dont like RE4 or 5 i think its mostly based around shooting, alhtough i love the movies...

Puzzles are going to be gigantic!!! as eric has said. there is aslo player tailoring and stuff, alowing you, the player to decide how much of what they want in the game, which i think was a realy good idea for cd to implement into the game.

Lara is so sad and stuff because she is dealing with a difficult time, she finaly found sign her mother that she loves dearly, so of coures she would be sad, i know i would.... and she does get scared, if youve seen the med part were she meets the kraken, she has to stop to catch her breath

I know everone has their own opinion, and those are mine, but the main thing i want to say is:

WAIT UNTILL TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD COMES OUT, all of the things you have been complaining about (well most of them) will be SOLVED in TRU, or in future TR games.

Edit: i love the cd's games, they brought lara back to life, and this is still they're third game, eventual they'll get it, they just need time. TRU is going to be the best game yet, i cant wait :lmao: :nut:

fibra
24th Oct 2008, 14:12
hi golden laurel, dont wanna start a debate but am just replying to your post, so dont react bad.

i dont think there really was wind in the motorcycle, it is her moving.Even on foot her hair moves, its the movements not the wind (if you meant her hair).The plants do not seem to be affected in TRU too.They move only by lara´s hands.And if there is wind in the motorcycle scene why don´t we notice it in other levels....You can´t really say she is all the time in tombs, the first level bolivia is in the fresh air......

About the shimming, yeah it looks weird, i thought it was only me so i asked friends, they say too that it looks bad

the camera still looks the same, it´s focused on her, maybe you meant something else, sorry if i didn´t get it.:( And having an entire ocean doesn´t mean you will feel more exploration in my opinion, its the game making you feel exploration.And I took resident evil as an example, it could be another game too, and resident evil is shooter like, but there are other nice actions too, lara is about shooting too, i mean i cant count how many bullets you shoot at natla:nut:

and yeah i didn´t say she gets only sad, that would be really weird of her to get sad at the kraken scene, but i said mostly she gets sad, as in the croft manor that i mentioned.

Of course I will wait for the game and see what people will say;) But still I don´t think it will move higher in my list

leo_croft
24th Oct 2008, 14:28
2. The Sims 3
3. Farcry 2
4. Need For Speed Undercover
:D :D :D

_Tomb_Raider_
24th Oct 2008, 14:42
Tomb Raider Underworld
Mirrors Edge

ski2bbad
24th Oct 2008, 16:39
A list . . . hummmmm why didn't I think of that? Let see . . . . . .

1. Tomb Raider Underworld PS2
2. Playstation 3 console (considering a Xmas present to myself) :D
3. Tomb Raider Underworld PS3 (after I get #2)
4. Splinter Cell (I like them all!!)
5. I'll think of something . . . .

That should keep me busy for a while or at least until next TR comes out.

fibra
24th Oct 2008, 19:27
@golden laurel - by the way what did you mean with"it was long to read but it was worth it"?

Golden Laurel
24th Oct 2008, 19:48
hi golden laurel, dont wanna start a debate but am just replying to your post, so dont react bad.

i dont think there really was wind in the motorcycle, it is her moving.Even on foot her hair moves, its the movements not the wind (if you meant her hair).The plants do not seem to be affected in TRU too.They move only by lara´s hands.And if there is wind in the motorcycle scene why don´t we notice it in other levels....You can´t really say she is all the time in tombs, the first level bolivia is in the fresh air......

About the shimming, yeah it looks weird, i thought it was only me so i asked friends, they say too that it looks bad

the camera still looks the same, it´s focused on her, maybe you meant something else, sorry if i didn´t get it.:( And having an entire ocean doesn´t mean you will feel more exploration in my opinion, its the game making you feel exploration.And I took resident evil as an example, it could be another game too, and resident evil is shooter like, but there are other nice actions too, lara is about shooting too, i mean i cant count how many bullets you shoot at natla:nut:

and yeah i didn´t say she gets only sad, that would be really weird of her to get sad at the kraken scene, but i said mostly she gets sad, as in the croft manor that i mentioned.

Of course I will wait for the game and see what people will say;) But still I don´t think it will move higher in my list

Im sorry, did mine seem rude? im not trying to start a blood thrusty debate either, sry if it did come out rude, i was well i dont know, trying to defend TR :confused: either way i gues we should see what underwrold is going to bring us. and i shouldnt have snapped like that either, by complaining about a game, well pointing out its flows can help improve it!! o and i have a few questions. well only one anyways, was there wind in core's TRs? :scratch:.

@golden laurel - by the way what did you mean with"it was long to read but it was worth it"?

I meant that you made alot of interesting points that could be improved in future games. yet again, sry if i came off rude :D

fibra
24th Oct 2008, 19:53
Im sorry, did mine seem rude? im not trying to start a blood thrusty debate either, sry if it did come out rude, i was well i dont know, trying to defend TR :confused: either way i gues we should see what underwrold is going to bring us. and i shouldnt have snapped like that either, by complaining about a game, well pointing out its flows can help improve it!! o and i have a few questions. well only one anyways, was there wind in core's TRs? :scratch:.

I meant that you made alot of interesting points that could be improved in future games. yet again, sry if i came off rude :D

No i didn´t mean that you were rude, I was just thinking that you might react like that as have many, so i said that for you not to misunderstand me, these are my reasons after all........but as for the wind in core´s games, yeah there was, in TR 4 you can see her hair swinging because of the air, and it was ps one too, you already know that

mauthausen
24th Oct 2008, 20:24
@ fibra - yeah there are some things true but REALLY MOVE ON:eek: TR has changed, there is NO MORE CORE. CD are way better they are making the game pretty good.MOVE ON:eek:

Golden Laurel
25th Oct 2008, 04:01
No i didn´t mean that you were rude, I was just thinking that you might react like that as have many, so i said that for you not to misunderstand me, these are my reasons after all........but as for the wind in core´s games, yeah there was, in TR 4 you can see her hair swinging because of the air, and it was ps one too, you already know that

Wind would make it more realistic, and would fit into alot of the enviornments... i see why tomb raider isnt what it used to be, but i cant realy relate to that, because, i havn't played the older games, i didn't grow up with them.