PDA

View Full Version : Not the same?

little miss Ju
19th Oct 2008, 09:33
Does anyone feel that the games don't really feel like tomb raideer anymore? I dont know what it is but they just dont really feel TRish to me. Dont get me wrong I love the CD games and they get the atmosphere and all that kinda stuff right, and theyre great games but does it really feel like TR any more? Please dont let this turn into like a massive debate thread like some of the others and Im really not trying to kick CD in the teeth but does anybody feel the same? I dont know what it is but something is different.

Spong
19th Oct 2008, 09:52
Crystal's TRs have their own merits. They've taken the series in a new direction and, while I might not personally enjoy it as much, I'm happy that direction has been as successful as it has. I agree that the "feel" has evolved and changed, to a point where comparison between the old and new games is almost pointless.

And good luck in trying to prevent this thread from becoming a "massive debate thread" ;)

a_big_house
19th Oct 2008, 10:10
i agree it dosent have that kik to it anymore i mean it doesnt make me jump or its too easy but dont get me wrong i do like what cd have done but its just not complicated anymore

Atlantis3735
19th Oct 2008, 10:14
The classic games were undeniably magical.
Crystal Dynamics have not unleashed their full potential in the past 2 games, but I'm hoping that Underworld will be true to the classics and yet be completely new and fun to play compared to modern current gen games. I think it will be very hard to get the right balance, but i'm confident it will be done. If the developers are fans of the classics like they say they are, then hopefully they will know what needs to be present in Underworld, and what doesn't.

Rai
19th Oct 2008, 10:28
As far as I am concerned all the games are Tomb Raider in their own ways. Sure, there are changes and a different feel to the newer games, but that doesn't make them less TR.

It could be argued that AOD wasn't TR with being taken in a new direction. Even Chronicles with its mix of story-lines didn't have quite the same feel to it as the earlier games. Tomb Raider has simply evolved. Changes were inevitable with the change of company. But each game still stands alone as a TR game with its own merits.

Treeble
19th Oct 2008, 10:34
I often wonder if this impression isn't caused because we are getting older ourselves? The games have changed, true, but so have us. It's been over ten years, after all.

little miss Ju
19th Oct 2008, 10:35
You should say older Im 15 in november!

matty
19th Oct 2008, 11:08
i completely disagree because the new tomb raider games are better than ever!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:
---------------------------------------------
i can't wait for tomb raider underworld:nut: :nut:

matty
19th Oct 2008, 11:13
i liked aod story coz it was a different scene for lara lara shouldn't always be wandering about in tombs all the time she should do other stuff too.like in tru she will be in a submarine it looks great . the aod conntrols were crap tho

:lmao:

feanor1999
19th Oct 2008, 11:59
Ayup All...

I personally like the CD games, although the controls in AOD are AWFUL! that is to say the visuals ARE good,and the plots and form a nice basis for Legend and Anniversary...

Underworld, however, i feel, sets a new standard in visuals whilst giving (me, certainly) that 'good old ' TR feeling. i can't remember when i last felt about a game like this at all..

Proof will be in the pudding.... :cool: :D ;)

pinpal
19th Oct 2008, 12:12
I really dont see a change in them sure the story is different but its still lara croft and the games by CD is really fun that I play them over and over again. Dont get me wrong but CD are doing some of the best tomb raider games that I have ever played, While core messed up TRAOD.:) But in the end there all great tomb raider games.

Rexie
19th Oct 2008, 12:23
If TRU fails, then I'm out of the series.

Atlantis3735
19th Oct 2008, 14:11
That won't happen Rexie.
Underworld FTW

josh1122
19th Oct 2008, 19:17
If TRU fails, then I'm out of the series.

but you all ready deemed it to ''fail'' months ago Rexie :lol:

but I don't see it failing either like the other josh said :thumbsup:

So far theres nothing that points in the way of failing so far from what we've *seen* and we'll be able to judge if it fails when its released, so the countdown is still on :D

As far as the ''Not the same''. Still all the same for me, enjoying the current games as much as I enjoyed/still enjoy the classics(consider only 1-4 the classics).

I Liam I
19th Oct 2008, 19:21
well She still raids tombs doesn't she? well some change is good like normal shape breasts the trianglar! (thoes made me laugh):lol:

Bampire
19th Oct 2008, 22:01
I thought the same, when I first played Legend. It was nothing like the classic games, made by core. But as they re-created the original it felt more like the classics, not because it's a remake. It's the fact that CD is trying to make the games have that nostalgic feeling. They taken out the headpiece, which really felt nothing like Tomb Raider, to me. Let alone the caked on make-up on Lara, and the amount of skin that was shown in each outfit (besides the classic, where her chest wasn't so shown off).

I'm feeling very optimistic about Underworld. I feel it's going to be one of the best TR games, since the original, TR2, and TR:A.

LC is Me
19th Oct 2008, 22:38
Doesn't matter to me.

Their intentions are to NOT be exactly like Core in making that games. Whether you guys find that to be a good thing or not is on you. It's kinda bittersweet with me. Good, because it brings a new, better feeling to Tomb Raider, and a different, more modern approach to it. Bad, because a lot of people will, or have, turn their backs on the game because it didn't measure up to the development of Core's TRs in their opinions, or lack their of.

Whatever the case may be, I think it's up to us to give the game a chance before spewing B.S. about it. That won't happen, but w.e.

Raindrops Melody
19th Oct 2008, 22:49
Does anyone feel that the games don't really feel like tomb raideer anymore? I dont know what it is but they just dont really feel TRish to me. Dont get me wrong I love the CD games and they get the atmosphere and all that kinda stuff right, and theyre great games but does it really feel like TR any more? Please dont let this turn into like a massive debate thread like some of the others and Im really not trying to kick CD in the teeth but does anybody feel the same? I dont know what it is but something is different.

Not at all. :( I can't begin 2 say how much I miss the old TRs.
It may be a little more like the old days if they had the old music... Heck! That's my favorite part about TR.:o (one of them)

Bampire
19th Oct 2008, 23:44
Doesn't matter to me.

Their intentions are to NOT be exactly like Core in making that games. Whether you guys find that to be a good thing or not is on you. It's kinda bittersweet with me. Good, because it brings a new, better feeling to Tomb Raider, and a different, more modern approach to it. Bad, because a lot of people will, or have, turn their backs on the game because it didn't measure up to the development of Core's TRs in their opinions, or lack their of.

Whatever the case may be, I think it's up to us to give the game a chance before spewing B.S. about it. That won't happen, but w.e.

I see no point of pissing and moaning about a game that is coming out in the next month. Complaining about a game that no one has played yet, unless it's the demo is completely pointless.

What I'm saying is that I agree with you, on this one.

Rexie
20th Oct 2008, 06:47
That won't happen Rexie.
Underworld FTW

but you all ready deemed it to ''fail'' months ago Rexie :lol:

but I don't see it failing either like the other josh said :thumbsup:

okay... OKAY!!

THAT'S IT!! I'm done poking my brain because of you two! When I saw the first Josh's post, I thought it was the second Josh, but now the second Josh posted after the first Josh, and My brain got messed up with all these Josh's.

Did I mention Josh?

Bampire
20th Oct 2008, 06:56
:lol: @ Rexie.

josh1122
20th Oct 2008, 08:10
okay... OKAY!!

THAT'S IT!! I'm done poking my brain because of you two! When I saw the first Josh's post, I thought it was the second Josh, but now the second Josh posted after the first Josh, and My brain got messed up with all these Josh's.

Did I mention Josh?

lmao, sorry rexie :lol:

like i said, chaos ensues when were around :lol:

ditom
20th Oct 2008, 18:00
CD made TR more playable for other gamers wich didn't like old TR games.Now TR have more new fans.CD I making now games with better graphics and less puzzles but it's still very playable for hardcore gamers and new players.And atmosfere is still good...maby not so good like couple years ago but still cool :thumbsup: