PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations: Pacific Forum - We ask you!

mycoldman
17th Oct 2008, 08:58
As you're no doubt aware, the Battlestations: Pacific website is fast approaching its full release, and as result we're in the process of setting up all new forum space to go along with it.

I'd like to get a better organised setup in our new home, with fewer places for folk to get lost and more specific areas for hardcore chatter/match arranging. So I need your help... What sections would you like to see in the new BS:P forums?

General chit-chat? Clan battle matchmaking? Technical help? War Machines? You tell me.

We're not talking functionality here, just forums and sub-forums, catagories and the like. You know, places to put all your threads.

So chime in, let us know how you'd like your discussions structured, and we'll see what we can do. After all, this place is just as much yours as it is ours.

LORD BLACKFIRE
17th Oct 2008, 10:31
General Discussion
Strategy
Clan Area
Feedback/Technical Support

I don't think we should separate the 360 players from the PC players this time. That can be done within a thread if needed (ex. "360 Bugs" or "PC Bugs"). Most of us elected to blend the populations and avoided the 360 BS:M forum for lack of traffic. There's also a 360 specific forum on Xbox.com.

I'd avoid having too many forums/subforums since experience has shown that most of us hang in the General Discussion forum.

I'm not even sure if there should be a Clan Area. It depends if there is any in-game or Eidos website support (beyond a single forum) for clans.

I know one guy who sponsored a couple of leagues. The last time it fell apart once summer was over with. Too many teams were dropping out. The site is still up so you can see what sort of info was needed, mainly team lists, team wins/losses, rules, upcoming matchup schedule, and an area for clans to recruit members and for individuals looking for teams to meet. http://www.midwayleague.com/index.html .

dark_angel_7
17th Oct 2008, 11:24
Also why not have this new forums shown with the 'Upcoming Titles' list on the main Eidos Forums page? I'm sure it'd help a lot. :)

raston
17th Oct 2008, 11:40
General Discussion
Strategy
Clan Area
Feedback/Technical Support .

Agreed,,,,keep it small but functional and focused.

chip5541
17th Oct 2008, 12:44
General Discussion
Strategy
Clan Area

I don't think we should separate the 360 players from the PC players this time. That can be done within a thread if needed (ex. "360 Bugs" or "PC Bugs"). Most of us elected to blend the populations and avoided the 360 BS:M forum for lack of traffic. There's also a 360 specific forum on Xbox.com.

I'd avoid having too many forums/subforums since experience has shown that most of us hang in the General Discussion forum.

I'm not even sure if there should be a Clan Area. It depends if there is any in-game or Eidos website support (beyond a single forum) for clans.

I know one guy who sponsored a couple of leagues. The last time it fell apart once summer was over with. Too many teams were dropping out. The site is still up so you can see what sort of info was needed, mainly team lists, team wins/losses, rules, upcoming matchup schedule, and an area for clans to recruit members and for individuals looking for teams to meet. http://www.midwayleague.com/index.html .

I agree although if mods will be available then we need a modding section as well.

M0n3y
17th Oct 2008, 13:13
General Discussion
Strategy
Clan Area

perfect idea here :)
that should work perfectly!

crazyhorse128
17th Oct 2008, 14:25
Im with Lord Backfire and chip :thumbsup:

battleshipman
18th Oct 2008, 01:05
General Discussion
Strategy
Clan Area

I cant improve on that, not tonight anyway:thumbsup:

EDIT: To many hours at work this week

crazyhorse128
18th Oct 2008, 09:00
Will the BS:P forum not be on the eidos forums?

Polarshark
19th Oct 2008, 14:25
hey mycold man

can you tell us what new news we get each month??

ie.. November= new gameplay vids and more game info

December= new gameplay and trailers vids and units listed

January= Website fully functional and all units listed

February=demo??

March= actual release?

just an example and hopefully you can tell us what to expect each month

Shamrock
19th Oct 2008, 14:42
I'd definitely like to see a Locked announcement thread that is updated regularly. Something that a mod can post to with new news, interviews, previews, and reviews. That way everyone can subscribe to that thread and get a email when it's updated. However make sure it's locked to replies or else everyone would get a ton of emails.;)

It3llig3nc3
19th Oct 2008, 15:32
I'd definitely like to see a Locked announcement thread that is updated regularly. Something that a mod can post to with new news, interviews, previews, and reviews. That way everyone can subscribe to that thread and get a email when it's updated. However make sure it's locked to replies or else everyone would get a ton of emails.;)

Isn't this what the official website's news announcement subscription is created for?

chip5541
19th Oct 2008, 16:56
Isn't this what the official website's news announcement subscription is created for?

yes.

Polarshark
19th Oct 2008, 18:33
hopefully things like new vids and new screens won't take too long