PDA

View Full Version : Create-a-product here

Jxb1a
17th Oct 2008, 00:11
Just a thread for the little products in the game that gave it that extra touch, like the soda, candy bar, or the almighty soy food.

Name: Sport-Drink
Product: Bottled Flavored Sports drink high in electrolytes
Advertisement in-game: A flavored sport drink to get the most out of you.

Name: Potato Chips
Product: A bag of Potato Chips
Advertisement in-game: Chippy the Chip says eat more chips!

DXeXodus
17th Oct 2008, 04:05
Nice idea. I must check if we already have a thread for this kind of thing though.

Seeing as health will be auto-regenerative in DX3 I am not sure if we will be seeing the return of candy bars and the like. Unless they include some sort of hunger system, ala S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Would be nice to see the smokes and alcohol in the game again. I don't consume either of these in real life, but it is always good to have the choice in the game.

serene_chaos
19th Oct 2008, 06:24
and if they do include cigarettes or *crosses fingers* zyme, there should be a chance to become addicted.

Voltaire
19th Oct 2008, 13:40
I want to see zyme being invented/formulated as a potential panacea (cure-all) in the biolabs.

Jerion
19th Oct 2008, 14:08
Name: Assorted Candy
Product: A bag of assorted candy pieces
Advertisement in-game: YUM!

JakePeriphery
20th Oct 2008, 12:42
Seeing as health will be auto-regenerative in DX3 I am not sure if we will be seeing the return of candy bars and the like. Unless they include some sort of hunger system, ala S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Would be nice to see the smokes and alcohol in the game again. I don't consume either of these in real life, but it is always good to have the choice in the game.

I hate the auto-regen feature in most games except for MGS (and not like Halo <--mega crap game) if it's done like this where it only regens up to a small percentage then I won't have a problem. Having food items and stuff to manipulate gives any game a much bigger feel to it and increases the "sand box" value. They need to stop catering to the casual gamer with this franchise it's not fair to force casual gaming standards unto it.

Jerion
20th Oct 2008, 13:22
Exactly. minor health regen that only heals you a very small amount somewhat slowly is a good idea. giving you instant health regen a la Halo is not.

Larington
21st Oct 2008, 16:57
I'm pretty sure that somewhere in DX1 Zyme is described as a new designer drug, possibly during the helicopter pad/ambrosia chase or paris segment of the game (E-mail on a computer).

That said, no reason there can't be an earlier designer drug. However if the games going to go to lengths to simulate drug addiction and so on, the publisher had better be ready to respond to panic media scare stories (If you've heard about the bimbo and thug web games mentioned in UK newspapers you'll know what I mean). Err, also ratings companies will be harsher on the game as a result.

Or your character could take an action that would prevent Zyme from getting onto the streets until the events in DX1 unfold and somehow result in the information reaching a criminal third party.