PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a conversation?

El_Bel
16th Oct 2008, 00:29
I would really like to have a chance to talk to the developers. Let them explain their ideas, give us same gameplay info. Talk about what we think about some new futures (auto regeneration?) and talk about some of our ideas and hear what they think about them* I think we should put and really have a constructive dialog that might make the game better.

DXfan: *Gives a pretty stupid idea*
Developer: Thats stupid, we cant do that, it would take ages blah blah blah
DXfan2: *Gives a very smart idea that is easily implemented*
Developer: Thats cool i think i will bring it up to the next brainstorming meeting. I might go to code it right now, very nice idea!!
El_Bel: I think you should put naked boobs in the game!! And they should go up and down when the woman runs :D
Developer: Duuuuuuuude, thats awesome!! Have to go, must talk with the 3d guys!!

CarloGervasi
16th Oct 2008, 01:48
I'd like it too, but truthfully, they'd probably just get bogged down answering stupid **** to such a degree that they'd just blank everything else out after awhile. Good suggestions will be hard to find amidst the sea of "make it more liek gran th4ft aut0 dawg!1!", and other neurotic crap.

Jerion
16th Oct 2008, 03:28
Frankly I'd like a much more in-depth explanation for the various FPS and RPG-related choices that the Devs have made for the game.

DXeXodus
16th Oct 2008, 04:00
These forums act as a tool for exactly what you are proposing. We talk about what we like/dislike and what we want/don't want in the game and they read it. If they had to come here and engage with everyone, as CG said before me here, they would be exhausted. We must keep in mind that they are reading these forums and using what they believe to be the best formula's for the game. They have a vision and as far as I know are pretty set in sticking to that. Which I respect.

Granted, some more talk with the developers would be nice :)

René
16th Oct 2008, 12:48
For sure people will have the chance to ask questions once we have our blog up and we might even do a real-time chat (IRC).

pewbeng
16th Oct 2008, 13:24
I like the IRC idea.

You may want to consider a webchat solution for that, because not everyone knows how and what, etc.

There are some services available for public use, as far as I know.

IH-Denton
16th Oct 2008, 13:30
...once we have our blog up and we might even do a real-time chat (IRC).
It would be nice (just dont forget to post the link onto it! (= ) Not sure about chat, but blog would be more organized and useful than this mess with tonnes of flud and off-topic info on the forums (however, in spite of that, i like it as it is :nut: )

WhatsHisFace
16th Oct 2008, 14:10
All talk will either be "Make it just like the original" or "Add feature X because game X had it" and for the record, since this is a sequel, the devs should know to make it like the original. ;)

Bluey71
16th Oct 2008, 19:08
These forums act as a tool for exactly what you are proposing. We talk about what we like/dislike and what we want/don't want in the game and they read it. If they had to come here and engage with everyone, as CG said before me here, they would be exhausted. We must keep in mind that they are reading these forums and using what they believe to be the best formula's for the game. They have a vision and as far as I know are pretty set in sticking to that. Which I respect.

Granted, some more talk with the developers would be nice :)

DXeXodus said it - anything you want to say about the game put it on here - you wont always get an answer but you can be pretty sure they are reading this board.

For sure people will have the chance to ask questions once we have our blog up and we might even do a real-time chat (IRC).

CCP do the same thing when discussing the next major expansion for eve online - its pretty cool tbh - the players really respect that.

DXeXodus
17th Oct 2008, 04:18
.....and for the record, since this is a sequel, the devs should know to make it like the original. ;)

:scratch:

Nathan2000
17th Oct 2008, 06:46
.....and for the record, since this is a sequel, the devs should know to make it like the original. :scratch:

Some people are just stubborn.:p