PDA

View Full Version : Player vs Environment/Story/Solo

Sataine
20th Jan 2014, 16:54
I searched the forums and could not find a topic about this. If this has been addressed then please lock this and I apologize.

I know this isn't being looked at. And I've seen rumor that it was initially planned to be implmented. But after the game has been released for awhile and all the good ol' kinks ironed out, might we see some sort of story element that actively engages the player? An exploration or PvE mode where players can better interact with the world of Nosgoth at this point in its history? Discover more lore and secrets? Perhaps even discover story aspects from the series that wasn't touched on enough or outright passed by? Say get a more in depth view of life as a Human in this time. Or discover more ancient Vampiric secrets before Nosgoth falls into complete ruin.

I'd love such a mode and it wouldn't hurt to have a little something extra for those that need a break from the war for a bit. I understand that it would be a ways off and balancing PvP completely would have had to occur.

Varulven
20th Jan 2014, 16:58
+1 !!!!!!
This would be great.
And the game needs a tutorial mode, too. ;)

Vallass
20th Jan 2014, 17:56
I'm totally for this idea. A tutorial would be fantastic and an open world aspect, obviously added after the games release, would make for a fun time for all. You could even fight independent NPCs who've gone rogue from their respective factions, been banished, etc.

It would be forever until this was added, if it was, but I think ALOT of people would like to see open world playability for lore reasons alone. It's cool to read about it being posted, but it's SOO much more gratifying when you discover secrets for yourself.

RainaAudron
20th Jan 2014, 18:07
Please bear in mind it is a PvP action game, so no such thing will be included. It will have a tutorial on how to play at best, but that´s it. A story campaign just doesn´t make any sense and would take lots of time when they need to focus on the gameplay updates all the time.

"Will there be a single-player campaign to explain the story?" This is from Justin Stalmach. No. There won't be a single-player campaign to explain the story. No.

Sataine
20th Jan 2014, 19:20
Please bear in mind it is a PvP action game, so no such thing will be included. It will have a tutorial on how to play at best, but that´s it. A story campaign just doesn´t make any sense and would take lots of time when they need to focus on the gameplay updates all the time.

In a deeply engrossed and highly involved universe that has some of the best storytelling and narrative the industry has to offer, could you please explain how having such a thing wouldn't make sense? It only makes perfect sense. And note, I indicate this would be much later down the road after the game has released and garnered a great deal of support.

TheDarkWarrior88
22nd Jan 2014, 22:00
+1 !!!!!!
This would be great.
And the game needs a tutorial mode, too. ;)

I would love a tutorial at least, I don't like the feeling of being just thrown into a game without any directions. If there was a tutorial I would have found out what it took me 3-4 matches to find out on my own in a couple of minutes.

And for a tutorial I don't just mean boxes that pop up on the screen, just a empty map that tells you how to execute each move/climb. I think that would greatly help the gameplay. Loving it so far otherwise.