PDA

View Full Version : Fan art included in the retail version

jordan_a
12th Oct 2008, 14:43
In Namco's Soulcalibur on Dreamcast, you had several (hundreds?) pieces of fan art in a special gallery served with a peaceful and relaxing music.

I remember how nice and special it was to spend time watching all these magnificient sketches and drawings done by "mere" fans.

I think Eidos Montréal should offer numerous fan's illustrations once you beat the game.

What's your opinion?

----

*This thread is not about sketches and artworks from the Eidos' staff, you have a dedicated topic for that*

rynn taylor
12th Oct 2008, 22:07
It would be pretty cool if Eidos release a collector's edition.

If they have a separate 'making of' DVD the fan artwork could be put on there, much like how some game studios put some concept artwork in their special editions. Hell, Eidos could run a fan artwork competition - it could only help Eidos develop a closer relationship with their fans :)

Dead-Eye
13th Oct 2008, 00:51
Only problem is there isn't a hell of a lot of fan art unlike Soul Calibur.

Mr. Perfect
13th Oct 2008, 02:22
The main problem is that most fan art will probably come about after we have the game. It's usually something experienced while playing that inspires the artists. :scratch:

DXeXodus
13th Oct 2008, 04:13
It would be great to see some fan art ship with the game if possible. Heck, I would love to do some fan art for the game. Except, as Mr Perfect has said, there will only be enough inspiration when it's too late.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Oct 2008, 04:17
To discuss collectors edition further, go here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74437&highlight=edition

Back to the vote, I went for only collectors' edition.
But, personally, I want a collectable figure inside as well as some fan art, hehe. :p
Call me greedy... I admit it. :whistle:

jordan_a
15th Oct 2008, 08:22
I'm very happy with the early results.

Jerion
15th Oct 2008, 08:25
And what exactly does that mean, jordan? :p

I personally would love to see some fan art packaged with the game. :)

Lo Bruto
15th Oct 2008, 15:41
DX is no japanese game full of big-breasted school girls nor ultra-cool ninjas.

Fan art can be nice in games like Soul Calibur, The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown and many others.

But it's not for DX.

El_Bel
15th Oct 2008, 15:54

Fan art can be nice in games like Soul Calibur, The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown and many others.

But it's not for DX.

What are you talking about? DX fan art looks like this!! No big-boobs school girls!!

UNDERGROUND RAVE PARTY!

Feeling suppressed? Need to let loose and unplug?

Then come down to JM's JAM Concert

In Carrie Anne's PlayPen on Zion Place!

Fetishes and Augments of all shapes and sizes

Welcome!

20 Cred admission fee. Plus disease and political free.
NO PROTESTERS!

Females with EXXXCLUSIVE AUGS get a free drink!

Call Aidin for details: 7089-21-4237

JerichoMccoy

I want to see fan art in the game because there is never too much e-mail, advertises etc in the world. Even if EM could fill every single computer with unique emails, there would always be room for a bit more!!

jordan_a
6th Nov 2008, 09:48

But it's not for DX.That's nonsense. Any game deserves its fan art. I just mentionned Soul Calibur as an example.

Jerion
6th Nov 2008, 11:03
There should definitely be fan art, be it in-game art or packaged separately with a collectors edition. It's a great way to give somethin' back to the community for putting up with all the vagueness and I-can't-tell-you-what-it-is-but-its-really-cool talk. :D

general kane
6th Nov 2008, 12:46
thy should use them in a special website with some symphonyic rythem that relates to DX3 . :cool: