PDA

View Full Version : Most Powerful Final Fantasy HERO Finisher

Syn
3rd Aug 2012, 04:58
Which one is the most powerfull finisher among the Final Fantasy heroes(not including summons or supporting cast), I mean the lead protagonists. Lets throw in a 9999 damage cap since thats the limit all the heroes can reach even without limit breaking ultimate weapons.

I will go first, I say Squall: Renzokuken 8 hits +Lion Heart 19 hits = 27 hits x 9999 = 269 973... Massive

MagiusNecros
3rd Aug 2012, 06:13
GILGAMESH OBVIOUSLY.

Yeah Squall takes the cake for this one.

Though I'm sure the entourage of XIII fans will disagree, with Valhalla Lightning's inflated stats and attack values.

Zylo
3rd Aug 2012, 07:28
Wakka's Attack Reels overdrive.

12x 99999= alot :P

ah nvm 9999 cap

Syn
3rd Aug 2012, 08:18
GILGAMESH OBVIOUSLY.

Yeah Squall takes the cake for this one.

Though I'm sure the entourage of XIII fans will disagree, with Valhalla Lightning's inflated stats and attack values.

If we went down the summon path, it would be a hot contest between Gilgamesh, and Yojimbo, the only two characters to have the ability to instantly ko any creature. I mean any(even the dreaded Penance cant survive Zanmato)

MagiusNecros
3rd Aug 2012, 08:26
Well Yojimbo is more of a GILGAMESH knockoff, basically using the same properties of VIII's summon of GILGAMESH. Except you can pay Yojimbo for more favorable attacks.

And GILGAMESH isn't always a summon.

Syn
3rd Aug 2012, 09:03
True, if I recall he is one of the more awesome hunts in XII with the previous heroes blades, as well as being a character in Type-0 correct?

MagiusNecros
3rd Aug 2012, 09:38
Type 0 is possibly his place of origin.

Syn
3rd Aug 2012, 09:46
Wakka's Attack Reels overdrive.

12x 99999= alot :P

ah nvm 9999 cap

if we give squall Cadabolg a 99999 limit weapon, (Tidus's ultimate weapon, am sure he can wield it, has a similar look in terms of size and shape), the damage just gets silly, even Yiazmat from XII would be an easy take down(okay, maybe not easy, but the fight would be less than 15 mins long). Even the famed Anima's oblivion would pale in comparison. Am gussing thats why the classic FF's kept the damage limit at 9999.

member_10076961
3rd Aug 2012, 14:38
All forgetting the best and it IS POSSIBLE! Playing Final Fantasy X-2 lets say Yuna, seeing as you want Heroes and not supporting. You get the "Gunner" dress sphere get the "Cat Nip" (makes it so you always do max damage when your health is low, in this case 9999). Then cast haste on your character (makes it so your "Trigger Happy" is extended. So then you do 9999 as many times as you can hit the trigger button in about 10 seconds). So to recap..

Gunner

Catnip

Haste

Trigger Happy

member_10074094
3rd Aug 2012, 15:11
Zidane's Grand Lethal is capable of reaching the damage cap very early in the game (9999), so its scaling seems to be ridiculous, but to my knowledge the ability does not pass that damage cap at all, making it just as powerful as the game progresses...

where as Squall, Cloud, Tifa, and Zell get massive comboing attacks that can deal quite a bit more damage over time than Zidane does with a single hit.

Syn
7th Aug 2012, 02:38
I noticed that aswell, felt a little unfair, but am guessing it was the way the game was designed to be more like the older final fantasies, but it seems all the heroes have multi hit finshers,Tidus and even Vaan have multi hit moves.

Syn
7th Aug 2012, 02:41
All forgetting the best and it IS POSSIBLE! Playing Final Fantasy X-2 lets say Yuna, seeing as you want Heroes and not supporting. You get the "Gunner" dress sphere get the "Cat Nip" (makes it so you always do max damage when your health is low, in this case 9999). Then cast haste on your character (makes it so your "Trigger Happy" is extended. So then you do 9999 as many times as you can hit the trigger button in about 10 seconds). So to recap..

Gunner

Catnip

Haste

Trigger Happy

Hmmmm, very good point, the question though, and i might just be looking for faults, is trigger happy a finisher of a skill akin to her class,hehehe, no but you are right on that one, theres some great damage potential there.

member_10076961
7th Aug 2012, 12:05
yeah that combo helped me beat the game. Wasn't much of a fan of it, so I just wanted to beat it fast, and that was the way to do it (sure going way outta the way just to get the catnip, but still =P). Only thing I didn't beat is the last floor of that temple, the old guy (drawing a blank to his name).