PDA

View Full Version : Cameo appearance (2 votes allowed!)

jordan_a
10th Oct 2008, 02:13
A cameo is a brief appearance of a known person in Deus Ex 3.

Who would you most like to see if you had to choose?

In any case this poll is not about showing who you love most, for that you got emails. :) As a result we will still appreciate the people mentioned in this poll who didn't get many votes. :thumbsup:

*Because the human nature is egocentric, the option "you" is not available* :D

----

2 VOTES AVAILABLE!

Romeo
10th Oct 2008, 02:17
Too late, I voted for Mod, which is essentially a 50% shot at being me, as Rene is a seperate vote. If I was in the game, I'd either be quoted as saying "THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY" or "I was at a party like that once..."

Both are so unsuitable to 99% of topics, but oh well. lol

Mr. Perfect
10th Oct 2008, 03:33
Rene, because it's so hard to get official input from Dev people like we get here. It really is appreciated.

That and some random forum person. Though I don't know how you'd go about working some of these forum names into the game...

Adam Jensen: "What can you tell me about a couple of Japanese businessmen who stopped by here yesterday?"

2L33t4j0u: "That depends on how many creds you have. 300 would be a start..."

Adam Jensen: "... I'm sorry, but what's up with that name? Seriously, I've give you the 300 if you can explain that."

jc_lemon_lime
10th Oct 2008, 03:54
where can we vote for warren specter?

DXeXodus
10th Oct 2008, 04:04
I voted Rene! Because he is my hero :D :thumbsup:

And I voted mod. Obviously. I want to be in the game!

3nails4you
10th Oct 2008, 04:15
If it's a forum member, vote for me! :D

SemiAnonymous
10th Oct 2008, 04:24
Rene because he's incredibly awesome. He really is, I think we should give him an honorary award.
And a random forum member, just for the hell of it.

DXeXodus
10th Oct 2008, 04:51
From now on all of you WILL vote "moderator" or I will ban you! Twice.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 07:44
I'm figuring we can have ALL those options: having them appear in a "secret ending" party. ;)

But for now, I will vote for Rene... but still thinking about the second choice.
A moderator as second choice is very tempting... ;) :whistle:

EDIT:
For second choice, I went for no 7 - EM randomly picking a forum member. :)

Tracer Tong
10th Oct 2008, 08:06
hehe, Rene is very popular amongst us fans.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 08:10
Yeah, he's the man. :cool:

But also I think it is really difficult to choose because everybody deserves credit for the game, especially the writer, artists and the big bosses. ;)

ThatDeadDude
10th Oct 2008, 08:50
Hmm... Rene, cos it's nice to have someone from the team on the forums. And EM picking a random forum member, cos that's the only way I'd get in! :D

René
10th Oct 2008, 16:49
I would vote for Mister T. But I didn't see the option.

The Deus Ex universe is full of foo's who need pity!

Azrepheal
10th Oct 2008, 18:49
I voted for René and a chosen forum member.

But only because I couldn't vote for René twice :p

Lo Bruto
10th Oct 2008, 19:10
It would be nice to put someone from the forums.
He'd have a single line in the game: "IT'S A SEQUEL!"

J.CDenton
11th Oct 2008, 09:02
I wanna be in the game. Even if I have to be just a stupid dead corpse. I'd be the "French guy in Deus Ex 3". I already see it in a fake new :

"Marshall. D. Frog, French officier from the security company H.E.L.P surrendered after three minutes of heroic resistance in the battlefield against the germans terrorists from the Oh-Range Secessionist Group. More details to come..."

It would be nice also to randomly pick somebody from here. Or pick everybody as pedestrians NPC so that we'd avoid "clones" in the game. Ok just dreaming. If I had to listen to myself I'd quote all the answers.

Bluey71
11th Oct 2008, 10:01
I went for Mary De Marle and someone from the artistic team - those guys deserve some recognition too.

~Psychotic~
11th Oct 2008, 13:08
I voted Rene but I would much prefer a cameo appearance from someone of the original Ion Storm team.

jordan_a
11th Oct 2008, 14:04
I'm sorry but I don't see why any of the guys from Ion Storm, including Warren Spector, should appear. That's why I didn't include this option in the poll.

I don't really like tributes.

Okay maybe Spector :D but just him.

AaronJ
11th Oct 2008, 21:43
I was expecting this thread to be about original game characters. You should change the title of the thread to Community Cameos

Big Orange
11th Oct 2008, 22:49
I would like to have cameo as a hapless enemy flunkie with a light West Country accent that you can get to kill in many horrible ways.

~Psychotic~
12th Oct 2008, 01:11
I'm sorry but I don't see why any of the guys from Ion Storm, including Warren Spector, should appear. That's why I didn't include this option in the poll.

You can't see why the original team who come up with Deus Ex should be given some credit? Clearly you do not realize that without the damn good team at Ion Storm Austin (screw the Dallas department, no seriously, they made their own work hard for them when they never had too) we would not be awaiting the presence of Deus Ex 3.

Without them, you would have nothing this good.

Dead-Eye
12th Oct 2008, 19:50
You can't see why the original team who come up with Deus Ex should be given some credit? Clearly you do not realize that without the damn good team at Ion Storm Austin (screw the Dallas department, no seriously, they made their own work hard for them when they never had too) we would not be awaiting the presence of Deus Ex 3.

Without them, you would have nothing this good.

Ture that.

I voted for... a moderator then I voted for René because everyone was doing it I just wonted to be cool.

~Psychotic~
12th Oct 2008, 23:32
Ture that.

I voted for... a moderator then I voted for René because everyone was doing it I just wonted to be cool.

I voted for Rene because I appreciate how someone actually gives us feedback, not to look cool lol.

DXeXodus
13th Oct 2008, 04:25
Ture that.

I will love you always. Lol.

As for everyone else who hasn't voted for a moderator. Banned!

Rtech
13th Oct 2008, 04:50
Milton Waddams....."I believe you have my stapler"

VodunLoas
13th Oct 2008, 07:47
LOL yeah!

http://btr.michaelkwan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/officespace-milton.jpg

He was in the Deus Ex mod Zodiac, where he is actually sitting in a cubicle and used his voice from the movie talking about his stapler. It's hilarious.

Lazarus Ledd
13th Oct 2008, 14:22
Where can I vote for Sam Carter...

Rtech
13th Oct 2008, 19:19
Yeah I played Zodiac. That's why I want Milton back! :)

Frraksurred
13th Oct 2008, 20:35
I'm sure there are some deserving names on that list, but if anyone deserves to on it, Warren Specter does.

That is who I vote for.

DXeXodus
14th Oct 2008, 04:22
but if anyone deserves to on it, Warren Specter does.

I agree completely. But I think a lot of fans are upset with him for what happened with Invisible War. He handed the reigns over to Harvey Smith and said "Surprise me", and well, he did just that I'm sure. :)

Romeo
14th Oct 2008, 05:54
I wanna be in the game. Even if I have to be just a stupid dead corpse. I'd be the "French guy in Deus Ex 3". I already see it in a fake new :

"Marshall. D. Frog, French officier from the security company H.E.L.P surrendered after three minutes of heroic resistance in the battlefield against the germans terrorists from the Oh-Range Secessionist Group. More details to come..."

It would be nice also to randomly pick somebody from here. Or pick everybody as pedestrians NPC so that we'd avoid "clones" in the game. Ok just dreaming. If I had to listen to myself I'd quote all the answers.
Wow... That's actually a fairly good idea. Rene, I hope you forward that idea on to the devellopers.

I voted for René and a chosen forum member.

But only because I couldn't vote for René twice :p
Wow, what a suck-up. lol

I would vote for Mister T. But I didn't see the option.

The Deus Ex universe is full of foo's who need pity!
That's probably the most sensible thing I've heard all day. lol

Lazarus Ledd
14th Oct 2008, 11:29
And I want a little teenager say "I SPILL MY DRINK" ,his younger cameo that is.... =D

Dead-Eye
14th Oct 2008, 14:37
I agree completely. But I think a lot of fans are upset with him for what happened with Invisible War. He handed the reigns over to Harvey Smith and said "Surprise me", and well, he did just that I'm sure. :)

Harvey shouldn't get all the blame he was a huge influence on Deus Ex and he openly admits that Deus Ex:IW was not worthy of being a sequel to Deus Ex.

Here is the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTWvsGA77T4&feature=related

jordan_a
15th Oct 2008, 08:24
I'm sure there are some deserving names on that list, but if anyone deserves to on it, Warren Specter does.Yes I should have thought twice before posting the poll. :rolleyes:

Abram730
19th Oct 2008, 07:07
Rene, because it's so hard to get official input from Dev people like we get here. It really is appreciated.

That and some random forum person. Though I don't know how you'd go about working some of these forum names into the game...

Adam Jensen: "What can you tell me about a couple of Japanese businessmen who stopped by here yesterday?"

2L33t4j0u: "That depends on how many creds you have. 300 would be a start..."

Adam Jensen: "... I'm sorry, but what's up with that name? Seriously, I've give you the 300 if you can explain that."

hmm with a screen name Mr. Perfect(11 bytes) and a game with hacking? I could think of at least a dozen other ways.

MrP + MrsP in a heart on a texture carved into wood in some obscure place. To most people it would just be character in the game, but to MrP and MrsP it would be more. That's like an autograph from a star that people will stand in the rain for a few hours to get without regret.

If a screen name doesn't work ask for the persons real name.

{name} was here.

If somebody is chosen from the forums have a bunch of people email back some release and let it be a surprise.

Also I think we should hit some other forums up before the game comes out so people know, as I think a DX4 would be good... :) You know.

I'd also like to let people know I've never been a fan of anything.. no band or movie... For some reason DX hit a soft spot in me and I've loved it ever since.

I remember playing the game for the first time like yeah "kill the Terrorists"!! and did I ever splatter them.. Then Sam Carter said "In my day international peacekeepers were citizens first and soldiers second. You can forget about that extra ammo. I'm only going to give you the multitools; I think you should concentrate more on mission objectives and less on the enemy body count. You've got your equipment. Now move out. Try to remember: people have rights. Don't just shoot everything that moves. My unit killed a bunch of Afghans one time, but we weren't proud of it. In fact, our liaison at the UN went to the funeral.
I actually felt bad... and then when I listened in on the FEMA interrogation.. I was like ooh sh**** things just went from black and white to real grey. I was sucked right in. Nobody was good or bad it was all a grey area. As Real as it gets in fantasy.

So I'm a fan for the first time. I know, cheesy.:D :whistle:

gamer0004
19th Oct 2008, 08:31

I'm way more upset about what D'Astous is doing to DX...

DXeXodus
20th Oct 2008, 04:24
That is of course your opinion, but I think it is easy to see that the direction they are taking with DX3 is a great improvement on what we have seen with DX2.

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2008, 15:36
Warren Spector of course the father of Deus Ex. There is no other choice!

Jerion
11th Nov 2008, 15:42
That is of course your opinion, but I think it is easy to see that the direction they are taking with DX3 is a great improvement on what we have seen with DX2.

Ditto. :thumbsup:

gamer0004, you are a beacon of positivity! :p

AaronJ
10th Mar 2009, 21:23
It would be great if in the required big office building (Sarif's building?) everyone from the forums is there.

WhatsHisFace
10th Mar 2009, 21:31
No cameos.

mad_red
11th Mar 2009, 00:27
Someone from the forum, definitely! Someone with instantly recognizable character!

Romeo
11th Mar 2009, 01:01
Someone from the forum, definitely! Someone with instantly recognizable character!
Why, I'd be happy to... :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Mar 2009, 01:05
^
He was refering to moi... :rasp:

:D

Romeo
11th Mar 2009, 01:08
^
He was refering to moi... :rasp:

:D
It'll be hard to recognize you with your Omar mask on. :rasp:
I'll be recognizable, I'll be the only guy in the guy with universal ammoz, and shouting about how this isn't a democracy. Plus Paris Hilton will be nearby saying "That's hawt" to everything I do.

mad_red
11th Mar 2009, 01:34
\ Plus Paris Hilton will be nearby saying "That's hawt" to everything I do.

LOL! I was thinking of MyImmortal as the friendly Omar, or at least like Leo in DX:IW.

But i'd even carry that useless flamethrower around all through dx1 if it meant I could flambee Paris Hilton. "That's hawt!"

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Mar 2009, 01:54
LOL! I was thinking of MyImmortal as the friendly Omar, or at least like Leo in DX:IW.

Not Leo - too self-centred and loud-mouthed. He got on my nerves, ha! :D
I'm the friendly Omar... neutral and non-political, hehe. :cool:

Romeo
11th Mar 2009, 05:21

But i'd even carry that useless flamethrower around all through dx1 if it meant I could flambee Paris Hilton. "That's hawt!"
Pfft, sexist. Oh and "LEAVE PARIS ALONE!!! AH, PEOPLE, JUST LEAVE HER ALONE!!!" (Insert aggrivating emo-type character here).

Not Leo - too self-centred and loud-mouthed. He got on my nerves, ha! :D
I'm the friendly Omar... neutral and non-political, hehe. :cool:
And I'm Zap Brannigan. War bringer to the neutral parties. :D

René
11th Mar 2009, 14:13
And I'm Zap Brannigan. War bringer to the neutral parties. :D

No doubt a very sexy war!

http://cygne.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/zapp.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Mar 2009, 14:36
No doubt a very sexy war!

http://cygne.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/zapp.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of Blackadder's Lord Flashheart. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3eH-E6v5E

jamhaw
11th Mar 2009, 15:55
I voted for Rene but I really think Romeo should get in as well. I've already worked out what he would be; an NPC (named Romeo of course) working in some research lab on universal ammunition. He would tell you that "the arms industry has grown up" and that "It's the future" You could speak to him and if you agree with him he would give you some ammunition (probably not universal that would be to much work I think) and if you disagree with him he could shout "this is not a democracy" and I don't know shoot you or something.

SageSavage
11th Mar 2009, 16:38
It would be great if in the required big office building (Sarif's building?) everyone from the forums is there.
Right, at least we'd knew why they turn it into a bloodshed then.

Jerion
11th Mar 2009, 18:02

Dibs on the CEO office. :D

AaronJ
11th Mar 2009, 21:38

Dr. Gervasi should be the first to die.

mad_red
11th Mar 2009, 22:48
I was thinking more along the lines of Blackadder's Lord Flashheart. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3eH-E6v5E

Let's not forget his excellent cameo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3jEdW1zYDU&NR=1

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman..."

Sabretooth1
12th Mar 2009, 02:16
René, of course. :D (seen in Montreal)

Adam (spots an old bum): Chilly night.
René: You're telling me. I've been out here for almost 20 years now.
Adam: Long time. You're pretty well-spoken for a bum.
René: Word of advice: never be a "Community Guy" for a game like Deus Ex 3. You've heard of it, right?
Adam: Afraid not, not much into video games. Only old game I've played would be... that Hallo or something? No wait, it was called Hell, I think. Right.
René: Yeah, well just don't be a Community Guy. Devs ended up screwing the game up so badly, put the whole damned company out of business. Incited public riots by the fans, this other Japanese corporation was supposed to buy us, drops us like hot stuff. We're all out of job, and bumming on the streets of Montreal. Not a day passes without us praying to God we don't see a Deus Ex fan today.
Adam: Funny story. Any other guys to back that up?
René: You kidding me? Take a look 'round the alley, man. That's D'Astous there, over by the gate that's David Anfossi. That's Mary there, she's was a writer; now sells LAMs. Say man, you got any zyme?
Adam: I'll get back to you.

AsukaoYl
12th Mar 2009, 03:12
René for sure.

GmanPro
12th Mar 2009, 05:25
René: ... Say man, you got any zyme?

:lol: I lol'd