PDA

View Full Version : what happened to two corporal Reavers in SR2?

Violet-n-red
19th Jan 2014, 13:48
1st sword: Raziel restored it in the begining of SR2 and created another paradox by holding it at Kain's throat in the middle of the game
2nd sword: at Janos' retreat - taken by Sarafans, then bound to kill Raziel at the end of the game.
i assume that 2nd sword waas taken by Kain as a newly created Soul reaver. then what happened to restored Soul Reaver - 1st sword? does it stays inserted into William's ruined sarcophagus? like, doesn't Kain wants to dual-wield these sick babies or something?..

Vampmaster
19th Jan 2014, 18:12
He needs to leave the first Soul Reaver where it is, so that at some point it can be moved to Avernus cathedral where his younger self can find it in BO1. The second Soul Reaver doesn't have Raziel's soul inside because Kain stopped him from being sucked inside and is instead simply known as the Reaver (or Blood Reaver unofficially). Kain then keeps hold of the Blood Reaver until the end of Defiance and Raziel gets sucked in at that point instead. This is when it changes into the Soul Reaver.

Violet-n-red
19th Jan 2014, 18:31
hm... this explains everything perfectly. thank you! =D

ParadoxicalOmen
23rd Jan 2014, 03:53
I always understood that there was only 1 sword. And this impression that there are 2 swords is because of the time travels...

Razaiim
23rd Jan 2014, 04:39
I always understood that there was only 1 sword. And this impression that there are 2 swords is because of the time travels...
There are 2 versions of the sword caused by time travelling. Kain leaves the sword we see initially in William the Just's tomb so that the blood omen era may continue to happen. Raziel travels further back in time to Jano Audron's home where we see the empty reaver as the blood reaver. This is the weapon Kain pulls out at the end of the game, and uses through out defiance.

This explains why Raziel experiences the temporal distortion upon finding the Soul Reaver in the Sarafan stronghold, as it already contains his future soul, but not when we see the blood reaver in Janos Audron's lair 500 years earlier, as it is not yet possesed

ParadoxicalOmen
24th Jan 2014, 18:15
This explains why Raziel experiences the temporal distortion upon finding the Soul Reaver in the Sarafan stronghold, as it already contains his future soul, but not when we see the blood reaver in Janos Audron's lair 500 years earlier, as it is not yet possesed

Actually he does experience temporal distortion with the blood reaver. The reaver in the sarafan stronghold is the same one at Janos Audron's lair.

RainaAudron
24th Jan 2014, 19:06
There is no temporal distortion when the Blood Reaver is around, only a strange feeling of emptiness for Raziel.

TheMalgot
24th Jan 2014, 22:46
And an irrestible attraction as like an repulsion.

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Jan 2014, 03:10
There is no temporal distortion when the Blood Reaver is around, only a strange feeling of emptiness for Raziel.

Tecnically there is...at the sr2 ending http://youtu.be/oIZFxRfC_Vw?t=5m45s

But fret not...for i do understand what you mean.
I only now (shamingly) realized that the temporal displacement is not cause by the sword itself, but by 2 "Soul Reavers". Raziel is the key...the simple blood reaver isn't enough.

RainaAudron
25th Jan 2014, 11:46
Yes.