PDA

View Full Version : Which characters will come back?

eddiegorey
7th Oct 2008, 22:16
It seems like by placing the plot so far back in time before the first game (20+ years), it is going to be very hard to connect many parts of the story to the original game. I was trying to think of which characters could possibly be present in DX 3, who were there in the old game and I couldn't come up with many.

For a character to be an adult in DX 3, they would have had to be at least in their mid 40s in Deus Ex 1.

Possibilities include: Tracer Tong, Gary Savage, Sam Carter, Bob Page, Morgan Everett, Gunther Hermann, Anna Navarre, Manderley, Simons, Dowd, Beth Duclare, Jock...

I think a young Gunther would be pretty cool to see and maybe some of the illuminati, but after looking at this list, I wouldn't be shocked to see an entirely new cast of characters.

Big Orange
7th Oct 2008, 22:36
People like Everette, Bob Page and Walton Simons have the most tiptop biomedical care at their disposal, so they could be chronologically sixty something in Deus Ex but forty something biologically.

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 22:52
Paul as a child (This was mentioned in another thread. He should be 8 in this iteration). =)

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 22:59
^ yeah really thy should like put a small role on him .

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 23:13
Man, seeing an eight-year-old Paulie running around in a laboratory would be pretty cool. lol

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 23:19
why not i mean paul D was actually biologicaly enhanced during that time why not .

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 23:22
Haha...

Paul: Give me your cookie Timmy. Now.
Timmy: No, Paulie, I'm hungry...
Paul: *Rips his heart out and takes the cookie*

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 23:27
^ lol funny

here is my version:

Paul: Give me your cookie JC. Now.
JC: No, Paulie, I'm hungry...
Paul: * kicks him in the nuts but his leg brakes because JC has iron nuts from augumantition* :lmao:

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 04:50
Paul would never kick anyone! Let alone rip out someone heart. He was a gentle person. Unless you shot him by mistake. :D

Dead-Eye
8th Oct 2008, 05:01
Paul would never kick anyone! Let alone rip out someone heart. He was a gentle person. Unless you shot him by mistake. :D

Maybe Jensen was one of Paul's role modals I mean Jenson dose look a lot like Paul did in the 2050's. Although I would most likely be a mistake if the player was given too much assess to Paul, they could kill him... although it dose have multiple endings. Maybe MJ12 could trick Jensen into thinking Paul needs protection, but finds out too late that he fell for a trap. Unless the player willingly starts working for MJ12 witch would be fun too. There are a million things the devs could do with a Paul. They should at lest do something.

Jerion
8th Oct 2008, 05:59
^^ Good Point.

Perhaps we could see what happens to Paul that causes him to become such a reluctant killer by the first game.

By reluctant killer, I mean that he won't fire on people unless they end up putting a bullet into his armor. Then he goes rambo on everybody he sees. :D

Necros
8th Oct 2008, 08:14
Yes, one of the missions could be about saving Paul.

And I'd like to see Jock too, other would be cool too but he's just so cool, I think he and Adam should get along fine. :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 08:47
The Omar? (P-l-e-a-s-e!!!) :o

The "earlier" human (not yet bio-modified) Russian scientists could return in DX3.... :cool:

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 08:51
Possibilities include: Tracer Tong, Gary Savage, Sam Carter, Bob Page, Morgan Everett, Gunther Hermann, Anna Navarre, Manderley, Simons, Dowd, Beth Duclare, Jock...

I think a young Gunther would be pretty cool to see and maybe some of the illuminati, but after looking at this list, I wouldn't be shocked to see an entirely new cast of characters.

All those people would be extremely relevant, IMO. Except Tracer Tong, because nothing is mentioned of him before you find out that Paul also met him.

Anna and Gunther make sence and, in this one, if you ever met them, they may not be so hostile towards you since both of them are also mechanically augmented.

I think the most prominent figures should be Bob Page, Walton Simons, Beth DuClare, Morgan Everett (and possibly even Lucius DeBeers), Gary Savage (and Sam Carter would tie in with this since Carter is friends with Savage). Oh, and yes, Stanton Dowd would also make sence.

In fact, anyone relating to the Illuminati/MJ12 would make sence. The Illuminati were well in action in 2027 because MJ12 was in action then (because any good Deus Ex fan will know that MJ12 was created from former Illuminati members, like Page).

Joseph Manderly, Jock, Gunther Hermann and Anna Navarre don't seem as important so I won't be surprised in the least if they don't make even a small appearance, because they didn't have significant parts in Deus Ex either (it is to my belief that they are all minor parts, not the major ones stated above).

In fact, I won't be very surprised at all if UNATCO/NSF aren't even mentioned in this game. Paul will only be 8 and what of JC? He wasn't created until 2029 - when Paul was 10 - so he probably won't be mentioned at all unfortunately.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 09:45
Not a 'character' as such... but I want to see some seriously mean, human-hungry guard dogs patrolling somewhere in DX3... they always add extra tension to gameplay.

Acute hearing, faster attack... and even able to pick up your scent if you've been sneaking about in their area. :eek:

Hiding/stealth is challenged much further when some intelligent doggies are sniffing about... love all that. :cool:

jordan_a
8th Oct 2008, 12:50
I really hope we won't meet any major character until DX4, or that if we do, they won't be important in the story telling.

Two reasons:

-it might be a tad early
-I want a fresh start! Let EM prove that they too can start a story on their own with new characters! :thumbsup:

One probable issue though: once EM's games reach DX1 timeframe, how will they manage to melt their characters and Warren Spector's?

Red
8th Oct 2008, 14:31
One probable issue though: once EM's games reach DX1 timeframe, how will they manage to melt their characters and Warren Spector's?

They'd better do a really damn good job about it, since they don't want to waste time with a localized health damage system.

Bloodwolf806
8th Oct 2008, 16:27
Maybe Manderly at some U.S. Embassy or something. Page and Simons should be there somehow. Tong could be in Shanghai. A little Paul Denton running around would be awesome.

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 16:48
They'd better do a really damn good job about it, since they don't want to waste time with a localized health damage system.

Your negative attitude isn't going to change the fact that Eidos Montreal are making the game in the best way they see fit.

Red
8th Oct 2008, 16:59
It might not, but I do have the right to express my opinion, even though it has a negative attitude sound to it. It's important that it gets read by people, so they atleast know that there aren't only mindless worshiping sheep around here.

They, of course, have to make this game as best as their customers see fit, not as they would like it possibly to be fit. Since everyone here is a potential customer, I don't see a problem me taking a stance, representing an opinion of many other players who aren't around on this forum. Sole positivity won't do good either.

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 17:13
Calling others here mindless sheep that does not really enrich your stance on their right to an opinion.

I never said you can't voice your opinion, but constant negativity only serves to break down and is far from constructive.

The developers are artists, first and foremost. This is their passion. We, if we like their art will buy it. If we dont then we wont. Simple. The company cannot do everything that everyone wants. This is not going to be a shiny DX1 as Rene has said, but it still returns to many of the core principles.

Please, don't view this as a personal attack.

Big Orange
8th Oct 2008, 17:17
What I find problematic about a Prequel is what difference Adam Jensen is going to make, when Bob Page and his MJ12 followers are going to be successful at subverting the Illuminati and putting his grand plan into motion with nothing really getting his way until the Dentons met each other one fateful night in New York?

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 17:25
That has also crossed my mind I must say. But I have full faith in Eidos Montreal. Especially because Sheldon wrote the story. He is a genius and I am sure he will pull this off. Besides, Warren and Harvey have given it the nod too.

Azrepheal
8th Oct 2008, 18:36
Page, Simons, Chow's maid.... :rasp:

I'd love to see the creation of MJ12. The actual split from the Illuminati.

Romeo
8th Oct 2008, 19:04

The "earlier" human (not yet bio-modified) Russian scientists could return in DX3.... :cool:
I wish they were in... But they were only present during the sequel, and never even mentioned in the original. I fear we may not be so lucky. =(

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 21:00
I really hope we won't meet any major character until DX4, or that if we do, they won't be important in the story telling.

Two reasons:

-it might be a tad early
-I want a fresh start! Let EM prove that they too can start a story on their own with new characters! :thumbsup:

You, and everyone else looking at Deus Ex 4, are looking too far in the future. Deus Ex 3 hasn't even been released yet, stop concerning over a DX4. Besides, what could they possibly do?

The only viable options are playing as Paul and doing what he does with UNATCO and then NSF before JC joins UNATCO (this is the most viable one) or using one of the three endings in DXIW, where, in 3 out of 4 cases, JC and Paul die so it's kinda pointless. An ending isn't needed there.

The only other viable ending is for something in DX3 where the ending on DX3 would not completely close the gap between MJ12, the Illuminati and UNATCO. But either way you look at it, people are still looking far too ahead.

Look at Deus Ex 3 before going on about DX4...

Romeo
8th Oct 2008, 22:06
Nah, let's keep on about DX4. We did this alot on the Forza Central forums (We hijacked the "Upcoming Forza 2" threads to rant and rave about what we wanted in the third installment). On topic though, there's very few characters that are actually alive and present in Deus Ex that would be slightly older than teenagers in Deus Ex 3. Tracer Tong is one that springs to mind. Maybe Jaime... The Mexican doctor. I can't remember his last name.

imported_van_HellSing
8th Oct 2008, 22:11
Joseph Manderley, obviously.

Bloodwolf806
8th Oct 2008, 22:32
I should be in it!:D
(My middle name is Denton)

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 22:33
Nah, let's keep on about DX4. We did this alot on the Forza Central forums (We hijacked the "Upcoming Forza 2" threads to rant and rave about what we wanted in the third installment). On topic though, there's very few characters that are actually alive and present in Deus Ex that would be slightly older than teenagers in Deus Ex 3. Tracer Tong is one that springs to mind. Maybe Jaime... The Mexican doctor. I can't remember his last name.

OH YEAH. Jamie Reyes, lol. I also don't think the topic should stay on DX4 because that's getting peoples hopes up far too high. Look what happened with DXIW. Don't make the same mistake twice, is all I'm saying.

Also, talking about a "Deus Ex 4" can put more pressure on the developers because then it makes it look like you EXPECT a sequel. You should never expect anything, just because it's their job to make games doesn't mean they're thinking about a sequel for every game they make...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 22:47
I wish they were in... But they were only present during the sequel, and never even mentioned in the original. I fear we may not be so lucky. =(

Noooooo! Don't give up on the idea yet! :eek:

I know the Omar didn't really appear in DX1 - but as ordinary Russian scientists (before modifications and actually calling themselves the Omar), they could still appear in this prequel, yeah? Russians as people/scientists as a profession: being in existence today... and later.

I'm relying on Wiki here, not my memory... but it says that in the original DX1: "in-game emails and documents indicate that a large amount of Russian nanotechnology research took place at a facility in the Russian city of Sverdlovsk".

Over on the Eidos DX Archive forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=126), member "TechImmortal" says:

Note that reference to Siberia. It was going to be a location in the original Deus Ex.

Now check the genome email that arrives on Smuggler's computer. Note that it comes from Sverdlovsk (Siberia). Now, think about the recent references to the existence of a snowstorm in Deus Ex 2.
Bingo! Yes, there is a secret lab in Siberia, which has JC's genome and has been up to this sort of work for some time. Now does it belong to Page Industries, the Illuminati, or some third party?
I do wonder who Smuggler's buyer (of that information) was. Gary Savage? If not, then there is yet another group with JC's information.

So, now you understand my references to the importance of snow. I immediately thought of the Sverdlovsk reference.

(Note the grievous error in referring to Sverdlovsk by that name, and in calling the Net node "SOVNET." The Soviet Union is of course long gone, and Sverdlovsk reverted to its older name of Yekaterinburg when the Soviet Union ended.)

And at http://nuwen.net/dx.html it has this info/full details of email:

To: 328.2133.1230
Subject: Informatsiya

I found the files you wanted, but I had to obtain them from the Biopreparat
data well in Sverdlovsk at great expense. Strange - this information wasn't
part of any official Biopreparat research effort that I've been able to find,
but was conducted under the codename "Velichestvennii" over the last two
decades. There were several other projects attached to the same name being
conducted throughout the world, but it was impossible to derive anything from
them aside from their existence. In any case, your buyer must have some
fairly esoteric interests.

You'll find my fee debited from your account.
- I.V. -

[[[ATTACHED Nanoscale Molecular Interactions with Polymerase.doc]]]
[[[ATTACHED Biochemical Immunity Rejection Studies Series 33a.doc]]]
[[[ATTACHED Genome Map 1/1A/3C Subject: <PLAYERNAME>.doc]]]
[[[ATTACHED Sulfur Catalytic Reaction with Protease Site 3-4.doc]]]
[[[ATTACHED Regressive Degradation of Human Immune Complex.doc]]]
[[[ATTACHED Velichestvennii 6287c78sdXX.DOC]]]

This E-mail is rich with references.

* Immanuel Velikovsky was a quack pseudoscientist. In 1950, he wrote a book called Worlds in Collision which claimed - among other things! - that the planet Venus did not exist until 3,500 years ago. At that time, Venus was ejected from Jupiter, became a comet, and grazed Earth several times before reaching its current orbit. Needless to say, his claims are laughably false; they reach extremes that even creationists do not ordinarily reach.
* I.V. are also Joseph Stalin's first two initials (he was born Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili).
* Note that whoever is using I. Velikovsky as a nickname is located at SOVNET. This is the only occurrence of the word in the entire game. However, from it we can conclude that in Deus Ex's universe, the Soviet Union has been resurrected.
* 'Informatsiya' is Russian for 'information'.
* Biopreparat was the Russian bioweapons program. From reading this E-mail, it can be inferred that Biopreparat has also been resurrected, and is producing new research.
* Biopreparat has JC Denton's genome mapped.
* In Russian, 'velikii' is the adjective which means 'great'. "Ekaterina Velikaya" means "Catherine the Great". 'Velichestvennii' is a related word from the same root. It is the adjective which means 'grand'. We might know it better as 'majestic'.

This is also probably a reference to the planned Siberia mission of DX which was cut.

Does the above offer up any hope for us?
Or am I just getting carried away with wishful-thinking... :o

TechImmortal also links to PlanetDeusEx with these images of DX2 scientists:
(I don't really recall these pics, hope they are not just fan art? :confused: )

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/piez2.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/piez1.jpg

And now take a look at this new image again from the mag scans:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/scanb-1.jpg

Do you see any similarity with these, especially the uniform/clothing?

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 23:06
Chills just went down my spine as I read that lol. Oh my god, that is friggin awesome. I do hope we hear more of The Omar. I was actually pretty interested in them (as I am with game lore).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 23:12
Chills just went down my spine as I read that lol. Oh my god, that is friggin awesome. I do hope we hear more of The Omar. I was actually pretty interested in them (as I am with game lore).

That's good... so I take it you voted for the Omar in this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77562

:p :D :cool:

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 23:14
That's good... so I take it you voted for the Omar in this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77562

:p :D :cool:

Never saw that poll, but yes I have voted for them now. I actually believe they are right. The Illuminati's idea is outdated, the Knight's Templar are insane zealots. As for AposlteCorp? Doesn't matter to me, both factions have a hive-like mind but at least with the Omar I can live in harsh environments lol.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 23:27
LOL, that's right... with the Omar you are at least still biologically human but able to survive the unfriendly/polluted environment of earth - of which you have inherited.
As an Omar, you can survive on other planets too, no doubt.
The possibilities are endless - whereas as a normal human, they are limited or, at least, more demanding or cumbersome upon human physiology/biology.

Also, you broke away from the endless destructive cycle of Man's folly...

So, Congratulations - you now have preferred customer status. :cool: :cool: :cool:

~Psychotic~
9th Oct 2008, 01:52
LOL, that's right... with the Omar you are at least still biologically human but able to survive the unfriendly/polluted environment of earth - of which you have inherited.
As an Omar, you can survive on other planets too, no doubt.
The possibilities are endless - whereas as a normal human, they are limited or, at least, more demanding or cumbersome upon human physiology/biology.

Also, you broke away from the endless destructive cycle of Man's folly...

So, Congratulations - you now have preferred customer status. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sweet, I shall kick the asses of those who threaten the livelihood of the Omar. Collective consciousness sounds bad at first. But if I can save your ass from a thousand miles away, you won't think it so bad then lol.

3nails4you
9th Oct 2008, 02:36
(and Simon Carter would tie in with this since Carter is friends with Savage)

And Simon Carter would be...maybe Sam Carter's father? I dunno...who is this Simon you speak of?

JerichoMccoy
9th Oct 2008, 02:48

For some strange reason, I always thought that if Adam were to modify himself to the point where every single part of his body was augmented, when you end the game, the one of many endings could be that he was the first one to ever to be looked upon as an example for the later Omar...

You were wondering about that socket in his head right? It could be a "Skull Gun" or it could be a port to transfer memories into and control others by... :eek:

~Psychotic~
9th Oct 2008, 04:38
And Simon Carter would be...maybe Sam Carter's father? I dunno...who is this Simon you speak of?

Oh crap lol... how the hell did I come up with that, I knew that... DAMMIT.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Oct 2008, 07:47
For some strange reason, I always thought that if Adam were to modify himself to the point where every single part of his body was augmented, when you end the game, the one of many endings could be that he was the first one to ever to be looked upon as an example for the later Omar...

You were wondering about that socket in his head right? It could be a "Skull Gun" or it could be a port to transfer memories into and control others by... :eek:

LOL, actually all this sounds very feasible, yes. :eek:
:D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Oct 2008, 22:50
I posted up in the Adam Jensen thread... but figured its good to add in here too, seeing as its relevant to current discussion. :)

Check out this close up of Adam's forehead socket:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/socket-1.jpg

S: AJ8

How about that letter "S" standing for "Sverdlovsk" or "Siberia" ... fits in nicely with the idea of perhaps a Russian connection...

Russia = Omar = Forehead socket to give access to frontal lobe.

Mindmute
10th Oct 2008, 00:01
S:AJ8 strikes me more as "Subject:Adam Jensen - 8" or "Security: Adam Jensen - 8" than as an anything Russia-related.

As far the scientists concepts you posted earlier, it says on the left-hand side they are from Piezochem. If I understood IW right, Piezochem were the lead manufacturers of LEGAL biomodification (and the systems upon which ApostleCorp built their new Universal Mods).
Unless the Omar secretly control both the legal and illegal modification markets I don't think they're that big a hint towards anything Russian.

I found emails however very interesting and I'd love to see if DX3 has anything else regarding that or the initial research.

Lo Bruto
10th Oct 2008, 03:37
Holy Moses! MrsP is completely obsessed with the Omar.
She can find proofs of its existence on everything.

The Omar may be hinted in an email or something like that. But I guess they will have no part in the plot. Thankfully.

~Psychotic~
10th Oct 2008, 04:21

The Omar may be hinted in an email or something like that. But I guess they will have no part in the plot. Thankfully.

I love The Omar myself but I'm not that worried if they're not in the game, tbh.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 06:33

Hehe, you could say it is has become an obsession, yes... :o

But its under control - don't worry. :whistle: :D
*Books appointment with psychiatrist*

imported_van_HellSing
10th Oct 2008, 06:42
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9537/omarxc6.jpg

CarloGervasi
10th Oct 2008, 07:00
Higher level conspiracy people like Page and Everett will probably come back. I hope no one else does, I don't really want the Deus Ex universe to start feeling like it's composed of a group of 20 people.

Kohtalo
10th Oct 2008, 08:01
I'm not sure if I recall correctly, but wasn't Gunther Hermann mechanically augmented because he was badly injured in a war or some conflict? And after that he volunteered for augmentation. It was propably the deusex2.com -site that gave such information just before Invisible War was announced.

Maybe we'll see Gunther before his mechanical augmentation taking place - or even perhaps see the process getting done.

I think that would be really great.

CarloGervasi
10th Oct 2008, 08:16
Anna was augmented because she was badly injured while working for Mossad (Israeli CIA), and UNATCO scooped her up because they recognized her experience. I don't know if Gunther has a similar back story. I think the bulk of his augmentations were actually just him trying to keep up with Paul and JC and avoid the scrap heap.

jordan_a
10th Oct 2008, 09:38
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9537/omarxc6.jpg:D .

Apollonius
10th Oct 2008, 11:44
It would be sweet seeing some of the older characters in their youth, as long as it’s not overdone with cameo appearances from everyone :p Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see Carter in his glory days exhibiting his knifing skills :p

In relation to ‘come backs’, there’s no bigger comeback than returning from the dead. Characters who didn’t quite make it into DX1 would have a great opportunity to be explored in this game. And in some instances, even their demise/deaths can be attributed to it. Maybe out mate Adam was a witness or had something to do with it too…

Even tho Lucious DuBeers is not technically dead in DX1, he might as well have been :p I've got a feeling we'll probably see DuBeers at the height of his power with Morgan Everitt plotting to replace him in as leader of the Illuminati. Given the setting, it could be plausible that DuBeers and the implant company we see in the concept art are somehow linked -especially since when we visit him in DX1, he was waiting for the technological advances to recover and rule the Illuminati again. We don’t know what made him sick (unless he was just reeeli old) so maybe he funded the company or was behind the raid by the black-ops people.

Beth Duclare would be an interesting inclusion also. She’d be quite an interesting character to explore and her influence would be quite profound during the times when DX3 is set.

Maybe we could meet JC and Pauls ‘parents’ and how they were chosen. From what I remember Paul saying to JC, I believe they were just regular employees who were given the foster role. We also know that the person who killed them meets their demise toward the end of DX1 at Area 51 so it probably wasn’t Adam :p

Anyway, from what I have already read and seen, I have faith that the devs have done their homework and any DX1 character appearances will be brilliantly executed. :cool:

One last thing, – I doubt that what we think we know about any of the DX1 Characters’ pasts are really accurate. After all, what we do know about many of the DX1 characters in the DX3 setting is already 20 years old. A lot of the truth can be changed and manipulated in 20 years. I’d brace myself for a few epic twist plots!

Lo Bruto
10th Oct 2008, 19:25
One last thing, – I doubt that what we think we know about any of the DX1 Characters’ pasts are really accurate. After all, what we do know about many of the DX1 characters in the DX3 setting is already 20 years old. A lot of the truth can be changed and manipulated in 20 years. I’d brace myself for a few epic twist plots!

Like a teenager Walton Simons working as clerk at a fast-food restaurant?
:nut:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 23:23
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9537/omarxc6.jpg

LMAO! :D

Didn't spot this until today. :p

ikenstein
10th Nov 2008, 21:32
shea from the bar in hells kitchen was in a early program. she could make a comeback.

GmanPro
10th Nov 2008, 21:53
I wanna see Jock flying around the place. :D Or asking people for liquor in bars lol :)

zauxz
14th Nov 2008, 13:55
i would love to see characters from earlyer games, but i wouldn't like if they would get a big role. Something like helping Jock cheat in his piloting exam, instead of saving him from <insert evil faction, when DX3 comes>

reok
14th Nov 2008, 16:33
It's probably very likely we see Sam Carters "accident"
and Everett taking over DeBeers, it'll probably be us that causes it if you think about it.

But, I'd be an amazing story twist if Adam Jensen turned out to be JC and Paul's biological father (or the father of the origional)
or following that theory, Paul and Jc's father didn't die and has been on the run since.

Just a thought.

foxberg
14th Nov 2008, 17:43
Duke Nukem. This is prequel, right?

Mindmute
14th Nov 2008, 17:47
But, I'd be an amazing story twist if Adam Jensen turned out to be JC and Paul's biological father (or the father of the origional).

Everyone and their uncle has mentioned that.
When we start from the point where everyone is expecting that to happen or where it is a very likely event, it's not really a "twist" anymore is it?

I'd actually hate if that happened: to me, it would make the universe of Deus Ex feel too small and boxed.
I'd be happiest with the thought that the world of Deus Ex could support more than just the "Denton Chronicles" and allow for more heroes and villains to exist.

GmanPro
14th Nov 2008, 19:07
I for one am really hoping that they touch on the formation of the NSF and UNATCO.

And definitely show Carter in his prime at some point. That would be sweet. :D

Torley
15th Nov 2008, 17:24
I'd be game for some relevant cameos that make sense and setup narrative for the later games. I LOVE origin stories!

I'd like to hear Tom Hall's voice again, altho he doesn't have to portray Walton Simons. ;)

I'm hoping Eidos does take some risks and introduces us to many new characters we'll love (or hate to love) — after all with the first game, it was the beginning of us encountering the "DXverse".

Icarus AI
15th Nov 2008, 17:45
Higher level conspiracy people like Page and Everett will probably come back. I hope no one else does, I don't really want the Deus Ex universe to start feeling like it's composed of a group of 20 people.

I approve this message.

Lucius DeBeers is a must because he would be the head of Illuminati at the time. But I don't want to meet anyone like Alex, Reyes or Carter who weren't big players.

jordan_a
23rd Nov 2008, 16:45
New! Comebacks (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=80865) (almost forgot it).

JakePeriphery
24th Nov 2008, 01:03
I'm probably the only one who feels the Omar were extremely boring characters.

DXeXodus
24th Nov 2008, 05:00
^^ NO. I agree with you completely. Much to MrsP and Romeo's dismay I assure you. :)

Jerion
24th Nov 2008, 05:05
^^ NO. I agree with you completely. Much to MrsP and Romeo's dismay I assure you. :)

I'll let you destroy each other. :p

GmanPro
24th Nov 2008, 08:04
I just remembered who I wanna see. I wanna see Smuggler.

Buy some LAMs... rescue friends from sewers. It's all good with Smuggler.

Igoe
24th Nov 2008, 08:25
The NSF were actually late comers to DX, says the Bible.

In all likelyhood, given the frame of TWENTY-FIVE YEARS before DX1, the characters who are likely to return are:

Beth Duclare
Stanton Dowd
Morgan Everette
Lucious DeBeers

Aside from that, most of the chars in DX1 would be less than 18 years of age in 2027, so that rules them out as major players.

POSSIBLE returns include:

Bob Page
Walton Simons
Jordan Shea
Brian Flanagan (Jock)
Tracer Tong
Sam Carter

But don't hold your breath for any of those. If they DO appear, they won't be major players, they'll just be alive and over 18.

I'd feel confident in saying we'll see Stanton Dowd and Beth Duclare in DX3. MAYBE Lucious, but I kind of doubt it. Those are the only FAMILIAR players I can see fitting into this world.

I'm not saying I'm disappointed. There will be SOME returning characters, make no mistake, but they will be vastly different from what you are used to, and they will play different roles.

Jerion
24th Nov 2008, 08:35
I just remembered who I wanna see. I wanna see Smuggler.

Buy some LAMs... rescue friends from sewers. It's all good with Smuggler.

I want to set Smuggler up with some munitions so he can start selling 'em. :D

gamer0004
25th Nov 2008, 17:49
But back when were they called thre North-West Secessionist Forces? Was it around 2027? I can't remember unfortunately...

Igoe
25th Nov 2008, 19:29
The National Secessionist Forces (abbreviated NSF) was formed in 2031 as the Northwest Secessionist Forces. A year prior to the formation of the NSF, a major earthquake sunk most of Southern California into the ocean.

>>2031

In 2042, new gun control legislation in the form of the Sporting Weapons Act was passed, and the NSF appeared again as the National Secessionist Forces. The new NSF was comprised of individuals who refused to give up their rifles, grenades, land mines, and other "collectibles" prohibited by the Act. Led by Leon Woods, the goal of the NSF was to violently overthrow the U.S. government and restore the right of the nation's citizens to bear arms.

>>2042

In the year when Deus Ex takes place (2052), the NSF discovers that the United Nations and the U.S. government are deliberately restricting poor people from accessing Ambrosia (the vaccine for the disease known as the Gray Death), and are under the control of a secret organization called Majestic 12 that is intent on gaining absolute control over everything in the world.

>>2052

No matter how you slice it, no NSF around :(

Bloodwolf806
25th Nov 2008, 19:42
The National Secessionist Forces (abbreviated NSF) was formed in 2031 as the Northwest Secessionist Forces. A year prior to the formation of the NSF, a major earthquake sunk most of Southern California into the ocean.

>>2031

In 2042, new gun control legislation in the form of the Sporting Weapons Act was passed, and the NSF appeared again as the National Secessionist Forces. The new NSF was comprised of individuals who refused to give up their rifles, grenades, land mines, and other "collectibles" prohibited by the Act. Led by Leon Woods, the goal of the NSF was to violently overthrow the U.S. government and restore the right of the nation's citizens to bear arms.

>>2042

In the year when Deus Ex takes place (2052), the NSF discovers that the United Nations and the U.S. government are deliberately restricting poor people from accessing Ambrosia (the vaccine for the disease known as the Gray Death), and are under the control of a secret organization called Majestic 12 that is intent on gaining absolute control over everything in the world.

>>2052

No matter how you slice it, no NSF around :(

The NSF may not be around, but 2027 is close enough to 2031 to have some wheels turning.

GmanPro
25th Nov 2008, 20:16
^^
definitely.

The NSF may not be an official organization yet in 2027, but it's founders are around and in the planning stages I'm sure. Although maybe EM could get creative and just make up their own terrorist organization for DX3 :thumbsup:

jordan_a
3rd Dec 2008, 07:20
I knew there was already a thread dedicated to comebacks! :D

here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=75259&highlight=jordan)

Tricky merging ain't it? ^^

Jerion
3rd Dec 2008, 07:33
Sorry Jordan, but it's not worth resuscitating an 8 month old thread for merging purposes. :)

Just out of curiosity, how many pages did you go through to dig that up? :eek:

Radius86
8th Jan 2009, 19:40
Another mech aug mama that's rarely talked about on many forums. Truth be told I really doubt they'd place her in this game, at least not as a very vital NPC. She'd be far too young. I'm holding onto some slim (perhaps futile) hope that she might show up. :o

But I wouldn't mind knowing a little bit about her history. Does anyone know anything about her at all? She was smokin! :thumb:

Blade_hunter
8th Jan 2009, 20:04
Some months ago we talked about her and even playing she's own story be cause she worked at UNATCO, but we have a prequel, we can encounter her as a friend or an enemy depends of our choices ...
Jordan Shea is an important DX character

AaronJ
8th Jan 2009, 20:10
She is a mech without an origin. I expect it to be in the prequel to the game.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jan 2009, 22:45
Another mech aug mama that's rarely talked about on many forums. Truth be told I really doubt they'd place her in this game, at least not as a very vital NPC. She'd be far too young. I'm holding onto some slim (perhaps futile) hope that she might show up. :o

But I wouldn't mind knowing a little bit about her history. Does anyone know anything about her at all? She was smokin! :thumb:

I've merged your new thread into existing "Which characters will come back". :)

Tommy98000
8th Jan 2009, 23:30
I like it when characters from previous games are introduced subtlety, so if you don’t know who they are it doesn’t matter but if you do its awesome! I would really like to see Walton Simmons since the voice acting on that guy was really pro, as well as the men in black I play dues ex one just to hear that wired but cool echo in their voice, or whatever it is. :)

ilweran
9th Jan 2009, 13:01
I'd like as few old characters as possible, 1 or 2 at most so we don't end up with a Star Wars prequels situation where the only good point was that they didn't include a young Han - and I'm sure I've read that it was thought about :rolleyes:

DeBeers is probably the best candidate for inclusion.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Mar 2009, 12:48
I want to find out more about the Omar, ie. the Russian scientists... before they completely changed.

G-Machine
19th Mar 2009, 15:02
Well I reckon the game is going to be based on Bob Page's rise to power and the creation of a world government (UNATCO), the death of the Illuminati and Knights Templar, and the invention and purpose of biomod technology. And also the formation of the NSF. If that's the case then Carter is definatly back (and we see how he loses his family), along with Everett, DeBeer's (maybe we see how he gets frozen), Beth DuClair, Dowd, Page, and Simons. I think the new characters could include the old leader of the Red Arrow, and the french president who had an affair with DuClair, and possibly corrupt senators in charge of promoting Simons to head of FEMA.

a house
19th Mar 2009, 16:19
I'd like to know how the UN came to power and got their hands on the ECHELON system. Also how did the ECHELON AIs get the Greek mythology names. Since UNATCO will be formed in the game and we saw the Icarus statue in the Montreal pic, odds are there the game will deal with this.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Mar 2009, 20:16
^
Yeah, that kind of knits together. :)

Sabretooth1
20th Mar 2009, 02:42
Joseph Manderley sounds like a given. He was a semi-important character in the original game, pretty old, about 50-60ish and the datacube in his lobby suggested that he had been on active duty once. I definitely expect a young Manderley in the game, fresh and kicking ass.

Tracer Tong also sounds like a likely candidate, but then again, probably not. He looked to be in his 40-50s. In 2027, he'll most likely be some hotshot hacker on the run from the cops or something like that. Tong's backstory can be very interesting, but I really don't want him overused.

Anna and Gunther sounds like they're out. They'd be too young, if at all alive.

Paul may arrive. The DX Bible states that Paul was cloned in 2023, and his mother impregnated with JC in 2028. A plotline based on Paul and the experiments conducted on him sounds probable, but I'd really prefer not to have them. I'd like Deus Ex 3 to remain as independent from Deus Ex as possible.

Everett sounds certain, or maybe even Lucius DeBeers. Unsure of how they'll play out (apart from Illuminati members/leaders of course). Maybe even Stanton Dowd shows off what he's capable of. I wouldn't mind these guys, I always wanted to see more of them anyway.

Oh and yeah, SAM GODDAMN CARTER.

Jerion
20th Mar 2009, 03:10

Amen. :cool:

12 hours and counting.

Necros
20th Mar 2009, 12:52
I want to find out more about the Omar, ie. the Russian scientists... before they completely changed.
:thumbsup:

Joseph Manderley sounds like a given. He was a semi-important character in the original game, pretty old, about 50-60ish and the datacube in his lobby suggested that he had been on active duty once. I definitely expect a young Manderley in the game, fresh and kicking ass.

Tracer Tong also sounds like a likely candidate, but then again, probably not. He looked to be in his 40-50s. In 2027, he'll most likely be some hotshot hacker on the run from the cops or something like that. Tong's backstory can be very interesting, but I really don't want him overused.

Paul may arrive. The DX Bible states that Paul was cloned in 2023, and his mother impregnated with JC in 2028. A plotline based on Paul and the experiments conducted on him sounds probable

Everett sounds certain, or maybe even Lucius DeBeers. Unsure of how they'll play out (apart from Illuminati members/leaders of course). Maybe even Stanton Dowd shows off what he's capable of. I wouldn't mind these guys, I always wanted to see more of them anyway.

:thumbsup:

I'd like to see these too. Also as many of the more known characters as possible. Though most of them not in the main story, just a side mission or two, or mentioning them in a datacube or newspaper or something, or we could run into them and just have a chat.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Mar 2009, 14:02
Well, I'm kind of thinking that the Russian scientists will have a major part in DX3. One of the main subjects is the beginning of transhumanism - and that screams Omar to me. :D

Ashpolt
20th Mar 2009, 14:20
Only problem is, IW says the Omar only arose after the collapse. If they're around in this game, they will literally just be scientists, no hint of modification. :P

I'd love to see them too though, the Omar were the highlight of IW for me.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Mar 2009, 14:50
Only problem is, IW says the Omar only arose after the collapse. If they're around in this game, they will literally just be scientists, no hint of modification. :P

I'd love to see them too though, the Omar were the highlight of IW for me.

Yes, I know that. They will be the original Russian scientists who later became the Omar.
Why wouldn't there be a hint of modification though? They may have started research on basic prosthetics etc - which is what we can see in some of the images.
PLUS, you don't know what was going on 'behind closed doors'... ;)

AaronJ
20th Mar 2009, 14:51
Anna Navarre, Gunther Hermann, Jordan Shea, Lucius DeBeers, Morgan Everett, Stanton Dowd, Bob Page, Walton Simons, The Parents of Paul and JC Denton, Jock, Joseph Manderley, Sam Carter, Jaime Reyes. Anna and Gunther need to have origins, and Lucius and Jordan have a lot of flexibility. I don't even need to explain the others.

WAIT!

Louis Pan's father should be in Shanghai, and he should be a complete ****er.

DXeXodus
20th Mar 2009, 14:53

That would be brilliant. I wonder how many DX1 fans would shoot him on site?

Ashpolt
20th Mar 2009, 14:55

And you should be able to kill him, to make sure Louis Pan never gets born. Try telling the guards I'm a spy now, you little ****!

Necros
20th Mar 2009, 18:08
:lol: I hated that little kid too. :cool: Killing him in various ways was fun. :D And yes, I'd shoot his father on sight too, even if he was the pope himself, hm... especially if he was the pope. :D

a house
20th Mar 2009, 18:17
Anna Navarre, Gunther Hermann, Jordan Shea, Lucius DeBeers, Morgan Everett, Stanton Dowd, Bob Page, Walton Simons, The Parents of Paul and JC Denton, Jock, Joseph Manderley, Sam Carter, Jaime Reyes. Anna and Gunther need to have origins, and Lucius and Jordan have a lot of flexibility. I don't even need to explain the others.

WAIT!

Small world, ain't it?

JCD2052
24th Mar 2009, 17:53
I liked them deus ex Invisible War, the Omar are a global society of radically biomodified cyborg traders, will they make an apperance in deux ex 3, they are very advanced i think they need to be in deus ex 3. Whats everyones ideas of them being in deus 3?????
i hope they are!

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deusexinvisiblewar/trier1/19.jpg

A trade meeting..

jordan_a
24th Mar 2009, 18:07
This thread is going to make one moderator happy.

JCD2052
24th Mar 2009, 18:11
MyImmortal ????

steelle
24th Mar 2009, 18:20
I liked them deus ex Invisible War, the Omar are a global society of radically biomodified cyborg traders, will they make an apperance in deux ex 3, they are very advanced i think they need to be in deus ex 3. Whats everyones ideas of them being in deus 3?????
i hope they are!

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deusexinvisiblewar/trier1/19.jpg

A trade meeting..
**** making that trade.

Spoiler:
Go to the corner behind them and search under the boxes to find the Assassins pistol. Loved that thing.

SemiAnonymous
24th Mar 2009, 18:21
They didn't exist in the first game, which took place in the 2050's. They exist in the game that takes place in the 2070's. Deus Ex 3 takes place in 2027. You figure it out.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Mar 2009, 18:30
^
The Omar (or the Russian scientists before the change) are just human beings like you and I... why wouldn't they exist?
You figure that out. :p

Ummm, yes guys, this thread makes me a happy bunny! :D

EDIT: However, it really belongs in the current thread 'Which Characters Will Come Back'... so I've merged.

GmanPro
24th Mar 2009, 19:10
Pfff! The Omar are terrible. If I see them in DX3 I'm going to kill them. The same way I killed Drizzt in both Baldur's Gate games.

SemiAnonymous
24th Mar 2009, 20:34
^
The Omar (or the Russian scientists before the change) are just human beings like you and I... why wouldn't they exist?
You figure that out. :p

Ummm, yes guys, this thread makes me a happy bunny! :D

EDIT: However, it really belongs in the current thread 'Which Characters Will Come Back'... so I've merged.

For the sake of argument, there is a 50 year age difference. I don't think the omar we saw were the originals, there should ahve been some sign of aging, somewhere

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Mar 2009, 23:22
Pfff! The Omar are terrible. If I see them in DX3 I'm going to kill them. The same way I killed Drizzt in both Baldur's Gate games.

A human with violent tendencies :eek: - enough said. ;)

For the sake of argument, there is a 50 year age difference. I don't think the omar we saw were the originals, there should ahve been some sign of aging, somewhere

Yes there is a difference in time, but the Omar are a group. I'm not suggesting that they might reappear as the "originals" from IW in DX3. I assume their 'race' have evolved from pure humans into their altered state over time.
On the other hand, perhaps one could even consider that they could be the originals (if you like) and that they have managed to substantially hold-off the ageing process with the use of technology?

Ashpolt
24th Mar 2009, 23:57
I'm pretty sure mech augs are a one-way process, so even if there are Omar in DX3 who are starting off with mech augs, I don't see any way they could be the same Omar as in IW.....unless their nanotechnology is actually far enough developed by the time of IW that they can regrow the limbs they hacked off and replaced with mech augs in the DX3 era.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Mar 2009, 00:38
Well, this technology kind of exists today...

Stem Cell powder regrows limbs:
http://inventorspot.com/articles/stem_cell_powder_regrows_limbs_14656

The McGowan Institute of Regenerative Medicine at The University of Pittsburgh and the Brook Army Medical Center are trying to make at least one of the tales of science fiction a reality for modern soldiers who have lost a part of their body in service to their country.

The experimental procedure involves a powder, make from the adult stem cells found in pigs bladders, to try and regenerate lost limbs. The powder is called an extra cellular matrix, a tool that is used by surgeons to aid in healing. The hope is that the powder can be used to attract other types of cells from the effected area of the body and regenerate a lost limb or digit in another area of the body.

This idea is based on the discovery that stem cells will grow to be the type of tissue that they are placed next to. Stem cell research first began in 1998 at the University of Wisconsin, making this the 10th year of stem cell research.

In the first test case, the trial was successful. A man named Lee Spievack, who has lost part of his finger in a model plane propeller was able to grow back not only the skin, but also the blood vessels and nail in just four weeks. You can view a video about the amazing limb re-growth here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=3805459n

GmanPro
25th Mar 2009, 01:14
They won't be regenerating anything with my bullets in their brains! :rasp:

A human with violent tendencies :eek: - enough said. ;)

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/7/c/87cf706ceda689fc0dd28df65ba1f6be.gif

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Mar 2009, 11:09
You're so cruel... :eek: :p

I want to be an Omar more than ever now. :D

crimethinker
31st Mar 2009, 13:21
(Note: Spoilers abound for DX and DX:IW, but I don't want to fill my post with black stretches just to protect 5- and 10-year-old games respectively.)

People! Let's not forget the lessons taught by IW: Excessive prequel-plugging was one of the worst parts of the game.

I mean, there was no mention in DX of Maggie Chow having a child, and she either died at your hands in her apartment, or she died when a UC collapsed on her. So how the hell did she ever manage to become pregnant - by MAX CHEN of all people - and give birth to Lin May Chen, setting up IW? :confused: It boggles the mind! And by that, I mean it ruins the immersion.

Even worse was the fact that the final level of DX:IW, on Liberty Island, was set there purely to make a damn joke about the UNATCO vending machine. :mad2: Jokes and nostalgia are all well and good, until you end up with some asinine choice of game endings, 3 of which make no sense - since when did Alex Jacobson's terminal in UNATCO have access to the old Echelon network? His terminal would have had no more access than a PC.

Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly possible for Chad and Nicolette to get together and rise to the head of the Illuminati, and for Tracer Tong to have a change of heart concerning his preferences for global leadership, and for various other references to DX that DX:IW made. But DX:IW tried to reference virtually every character in DX, at the expense of story continuity and even common sense, and it was worse for it.

Before I ramble for too long, here's my point: I'll be perfectly happy if I never MEET any person, or group of people, from either game. I'll enjoy READING about the heroic actions undertaken by one Major Sam Carter in the battle against the Northwest Secessionist Force, or about the growing corporate power of a certain Bob Page. And though it might be nice to meet a character from DX, it would seem very unlikely and contrived to meet more than one.

Experience shows that, if the big bosses get the idea that their game will get the nostalgia bucks for including references to DX, they'll cram in as many references as possible, and story be damned. Screw that!

WhatsHisFace
31st Mar 2009, 13:34
You're so cruel... :eek: :p

I want to be an Omar more than ever now. :D

That wouldn't make chronological sense.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Mar 2009, 14:28
That wouldn't make chronological sense.

True, I already am one. :eek: I just forgot, sorry... :whistle: :o

Necros
31st Mar 2009, 16:15
I mean, there was no mention in DX of Maggie Chow having a child
And that proves... what? :confused: They also never mentioned Manderley had a mother. Did he just appear out of nowhere? :eek: :nut:

Even worse was the fact that the final level of DX:IW, on Liberty Island, was set there purely to make a damn joke about the UNATCO vending machine. :mad2: Jokes and nostalgia are all well and good, until you end up with some asinine choice of game endings, 3 of which make no sense - since when did Alex Jacobson's terminal in UNATCO have access to the old Echelon network? His terminal would have had no more access than a PC.
First of all, it's true, they could've done a better job with UNATCO in IW but I was very happy to see it again anyway. :cool: :p And the other thing, why is that so impossible? Let's say that Alex or others working with the Denton brothers went back there and set it up. There, problem solved. :) No need to be so nitpicky. ;)

And I want to see a few characters from DX. Don't have to over do it though of course.

nd89
31st Mar 2009, 22:42
I really hope that one will meet some of the characters from DX.

My biggest hope is, that I will come to meet the Illuminati leadership:
Stanton Dowd, A pregnant Beth DuClare and Morgan Everett with his young aprentice, Bob Page, in a small chateau outside Paris.
With the three main figures sitting in wintergarden, plotting for world domination. :group_hug:
I would also like to hear about Morgan's discontent with the, at that time, leader of the Illuminati, Lucius DeBeers, wich at some point will be frozen down by Everett, for never again to be resurrected.:(
the best thing that could happen, would be Page being told off by Everett in front of the other conspirators, swearing revenge and retribution.:poke:

But at the same time, I Hope they wont make the same screwups as in IW.

crimethinker
2nd Apr 2009, 12:37
And that proves... what?

Well, Maggie Chow was a major public figure, who everyone had heard of, and whose private life was undoubtedly invaded constantly by the tabloids. You'd think someone, somewhere, would have noticed she got a child, especially if it was by a major triad member like Max Chen. My point, in case you missed it, was that IW tried to claim that Maggie Chow gave birth/adopted, which couldn't have happened before, during, or after JC's visit to Hong Kong.

First of all, it's true, they could've done a better job with UNATCO in IW but I was very happy to see it again anyway. :cool: :p

Yeah, I got a kick out of seeing a nanotechnologically upgraded Statue of Liberty just like anyone else, but it faded quickly once I realised how stupid the level was.

And the other thing, why is that so impossible? Let's say that Alex or others working with the Denton brothers went back there and set it up. There, problem solved. :)

Your idea with Alex setting things up makes no sense - if he set it up, why didn't he use it? And I didn't even mention the other thing about the UNATCO mission, which was: depending on your alignment, the UNATCO building was either full of Templars or Illuminati Commandos. Don't you think one of THEM could have used the computer too?

No need to be so nitpicky. ;)

Er, I like Deus Ex because, despite a few story-related errors and inconsistencies, its vast storyline almost never contradicted intself in any way, leading to a very believable and hence immersive game. I might be willing to overlook story errors in other games, but not in the sequel to Deus Ex.

And I want to see a few characters from DX. Don't have to over do it though of course.

So do I - but I don't think that would even be possible without some empty suit getting the idea I mentioned in my earlier post.

Well, I guess I'll try to keep this thread on-topic. The best characters to return have already been mentioned, including Sam Carter, Stanton Dowd, Morgan Everett, Beth DuClare, Bob Page, Walton Simons, Joseph Manderley - basically, anyone who had seniority/was dead in DX. It's difficult to tell how old Jaime Reyes was, maybe he could feature as an intern at a hospital.

Necros
2nd Apr 2009, 14:02
Well, Maggie Chow was a major public figure, who everyone had heard of, and whose private life was undoubtedly invaded constantly by the tabloids. You'd think someone, somewhere, would have noticed she got a child, especially if it was by a major triad member like Max Chen. My point, in case you missed it, was that IW tried to claim that Maggie Chow gave birth/adopted, which couldn't have happened before, during, or after JC's visit to Hong Kong.
It could've happened at any time. You have a point but that isn't a good enough reason, I think. What if she wanted to keep it a secret? She certainly had the money and the power to do that.

Your idea with Alex setting things up makes no sense - if he set it up, why didn't he use it? And I didn't even mention the other thing about the UNATCO mission, which was: depending on your alignment, the UNATCO building was either full of Templars or Illuminati Commandos. Don't you think one of THEM could have used the computer too?
It makes sense. What if they had to abandon it and Alex or someone else set up a firewall or whatever (and possibly external defense systems too) that prevented everybody without the proper knowledge and/or resources to acces the thing. And the Illuminati/Templars didn't destroy it, hoping that they can get their hands on someone who can break into the system. How about that? ;)
Okay, maybe not the most likely scenarios but I'm just saying that you don't necessarily have to jump at the throat of the game. :) Yes, it could've been done better, like many things in IW but it isn't just stupid.

JCD
2nd Apr 2009, 14:22
I believe that the Omar can be implemented in the game in their early phases of "construction", but if this is sth the dev team hasn't yet considered, it could bring them a lot of extra work all of a sudden.

Whereas, bringing Gordon Freeman in the labs, would be much much easier :rasp: :rasp: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Necros
2nd Apr 2009, 14:54
Keep that looser geek out of DX! :mad: :lol: And he wasn't in DX 1 or 2, so they couldn't put him in anyway. :tongue2: :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Apr 2009, 15:14
I believe that the Omar can be implemented in the game in their early phases of "construction", but if this is sth the dev team hasn't yet considered, it could bring them a lot of extra work all of a sudden.

Well, they will just be Russian scientists and they could very well be heading the organisation that is manufacturing all those prosthetic limbs we've seen (besides other stuff we haven't been made aware of?). As transhumanism is one of the main plotlines, it seems quite feasible to think that the dev team have already taken them into account. Hope so anyway, I want to know more about the Omar before they became a 'race', of sorts. :)

teknikal-vision
3rd Apr 2009, 01:15
I'm kind of going to drift off here on a slight tangent, (very slight)...

But who else here would be interested in seeing how Eidos Montreal's concept art team would re-envision some of te key characters of Deus Ex 1 based on their new art style?

I keep thinking about it. I'm such a fan of Thierry Doizon especially, and I'd love to see what his interpretation of JC, Paul, Simons, Gunther, Anna and Nicolette would look like

^_^ *dreams on*

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Apr 2009, 20:51
I'm kind of going to drift off here on a slight tangent, (very slight)...

But who else here would be interested in seeing how Eidos Montreal's concept art team would re-envision some of te key characters of Deus Ex 1 based on their new art style?

I keep thinking about it. I'm such a fan of Thierry Doizon especially, and I'd love to see what his interpretation of JC, Paul, Simons, Gunther, Anna and Nicolette would look like

^_^ *dreams on*

Could certainly be a good idea for something to include in a special Collectors' Edition perhaps? Or even a secret ending. :cool:

IOOI
4th Apr 2009, 21:37
Well I'd like to see a journalist (like Joe Greene). After all, a modern conspiracy is incomplete without a journalist.
He can give information to the player and generally has lots of unknown sources.
It would be excellent if the storys in the newspapers changed as the player gives or retrieves information.
Information and disinformation (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=962950&postcount=134) is needed to thicken the plot.:hmm:

DenisFC
4th Apr 2009, 21:46
Mr.K, have you seen something about this ? :scratch:

Jerion
5th Apr 2009, 00:55
Nothing that I can talk about. :D

DenisFC
5th Apr 2009, 01:07
Nothing that I can talk about. :D

Ho but you know something about one or more charactere come back... :D

EDIT: We can say "come back" ?! Herm...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Apr 2009, 14:27
We can only speculate at this present time. :)

WhatsHisFace
5th Apr 2009, 14:42
Put master chef en dis gaem plez

GmanPro
6th Apr 2009, 16:42
Put master chef en dis gaem plez

Confirmed.

Next up: Yoda and Darth Vader

lightbringerrr
8th Apr 2009, 22:53
THIS from Crapapedia:

Setting

The game takes place during the year 2027, 25 years before Deus Ex. Nanotechnological augmentations have yet to be developed and biomechanical augmentations are the current state of the art. The main character, Adam Jensen, is a private security officer with a company that specializes in these augmentations. He witnesses a chilling attack on his company, and "the conspiracy begins."[8]

Five metropolises are included and Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal have been confirmed.[10]

In addition, the protagonist will have his own apartment where he may store his secrets and collected information. Women will play a larger role in the game.[11]

The events in the game will lead to the formation of UNATCO from the original game.[11]

Could it be we've finally freed ourselves from the "multiple ending" in favor of a cohesive storyline?

I can see's it now:

(Maudlin elevator music plays as the doors open to reveal two men in hard hats standing at the highest point of a half-completed skyscraper, staring out in to the last minutes of a beautiful sunset over Hong Kong)

Simons: So it's over, you've left them?

Page: It was inevitable. In the end, they truly had nothing to teach.

Simons: My only concern is the scope. Without their distribution network and political influence, this could be an undertaking which might not see fruition for many years.

Page: Not to worry my friend,
( cut away to the Du Claire estate; an assassin in black leans over Beth Du Claire as she lies dead over a computer console. Screen close up reveals the flashing message "Proceed with transaction"? The assassin hits "send" and walks away )our assets are well taken care of, and their "network" is comprised of several key people who now answer to us.

Simons: Still, the world governmental structure, the elected officials?

( cut to Dowd's estate, lower level, databank room. Alarms are going off, techs are confused and in disarray as Dowd himself looks on in utter horror,despair, and helplessness )

Page: The puppets and their talking heads are the easiest of all to sway, they always have been. Thanks to some "independently contracted" computer work of my own, we now know everything my "brothers" know, and we will use it.
( Cut to Maggie Chow leaning back in her seat and staring at a computer screen with a big, evil smile on her face ) And if they become recalcitrant and refuse to heel, our work here in Hong Kong will most assuredly put a stop to that.

( Cut back to the top of the skyscraper. The sun has gone down, and the men now stare out in to the Hong Kong night, camera angle still in original position, their backs to us the viewer )

Simons: So it seems we are moving forward. One last order of business if I may?

Page: Of course.

Simons: The last elements of construction in Nevada will be complete within the hour. Have we acquired a mind of sufficient talent and vision to begin our Ultimate Work?

Page: Indeed.
Dr. Savage was very excited about the opportunity, and should be arriving shortly.

( Cut to Nevada, minutes before dawn. A black helicopter touches down, and a young man in a suit with a briefcase departs the chopper. Briefly surveying the the legendary "Area 51" around him, he begins moving at a brisk clip to the entryway of a large underground facility he will call home for the foreseeable future. At the entryway, an Engineer in a hard hat hands him a digital keycard and says "It's all yours, Dr. Savage". The Engineer walks to the chopper as Gary Savage slides the keycard and the massive doors begin to open. He takes one last look at the outside, watches the black chopper lift off, then turns to go inside as the doors begin to shut behind him)

Simons: Excellent. I've seen to it that he has everything he needs to begin.

Page: Our work will not be easy my friend, but we will at last finally begin.

( Cut to Gary Savage stepping off an elevator and walking in to the now famous cloning/birth lab of the Denton brothers. )

Page: Throughout human history, man has sought longevity and immortality. A way to defeat natures inevitable victory and become as the Gods he worshiped.

( Cut to Savage standing at the cloning tank, and bringing the attached digitial readout/datapad on-line. )

Page: And now we will finally complete that quest and usher in a new age.

( Cut to Savage again examining the datapad with a slightly puzzled look on his face. )

Page: The ancient Greeks had a very fitting term for what we are embarking upon, and they defined it as....

( Cut to Savage again ) Realization suddenly dawns and Dr. Savage smiles; the header of the data is in ancient Greek and he now translates the words and speaks them aloud at the same time Page does on the other side of the globe: "God from a machine". )

( Cut back to Page and Simons as our camera swings a 180 to the outside of the skyscraper looking in and closes in on the face of Page first, then Simons )

Page: "Deus"

Simons: "Ex".

(Immediate cut to black and DX Theme music kicks in; a louder and much more industrial, guitar-driven variation, please.)

Ashpolt
8th Apr 2009, 23:32
I am not joking when I say I would make a very happy mess over the keyboard if Deus Ex 3 ends with a conversation between Walton Simons and Bob Page. Unlikely, but...man. And what you've written above is actually pretty awesome, it definitely has the Deus Ex feel to it (though the split last line might be a bit tacky! :P) Good stuff, I'm very impressed. one edit though:

Simons: The last elements of construction in Nevada will be complete within the hour.

....Wait, no. Within six months.

Page: Oh yes!

lightbringerrr
9th Apr 2009, 16:28
I am not joking when I say I would make a very happy mess over the keyboard if Deus Ex 3 ends with a conversation between Walton Simons and Bob Page. Unlikely, but...man. And what you've written above is actually pretty awesome, it definitely has the Deus Ex feel to it (though the split last line might be a bit tacky! :P) Good stuff, I'm very impressed. one edit though:

:lmao: Page does love his "Oh Yes"!

I have a lot more respect for story writers after that. I think it took me 45 uninterrupted minutes just to come up with that 1 minute plus of material!

IOOI
9th Apr 2009, 17:20
Yes, good stuff indeed:thumb:

Now i have to improve my english and aspire to write like you:o .

SemiAnonymous
9th Apr 2009, 20:41
Good lord, that was brilliant. Great stuff, seriously, I was playing it out in my head. Save for the last line, I'd be happy to see it in the final game.

Jerion
9th Apr 2009, 20:47
That was brilliant!

Good lord, that was brilliant. Great stuff, seriously, I was playing it out in my head. Save for the last line, I'd be happy to see it in the final game.

Same. The last line seemed too cheesy. Otherwise, :thumb:

JCD
10th Apr 2009, 16:45
I enjoyed it. Nicely orchestrated :thumb: :thumb:

Snake04
22nd Apr 2009, 20:22
Ok i made this thread to say that i want to see paul denton as a kid and maybe his mom and dad in dx3 so i want to know if you guys want paul in dx3

dixieflatline
22nd Apr 2009, 22:08
Nope, not me.

Most I'd like to see is a mention of him in some obscure semi-hidden text in-game saying that the Denton family's genetics are under investigation for possible inclusion in a future, classified program...

AaronJ
23rd Apr 2009, 00:36
Yes, it is a prequel.

TrickyVein
23rd Apr 2009, 01:40
only if he has a full-fledged handlebar mustache

but seriously, no. not at all. hopefully eidos have learned from their mistakes by seeing that resurrecting already-been-done characters is a bad bad thing.

I'd like to see a brand new cast of characters. Throw in names, hints here and there from the old games, sure, even bump into some familiar faces but I really don't want to see anyone too well known to be incorporated into the storyline.

3nails4you
23rd Apr 2009, 02:47
HECK. YES. PAUL IS AMAZING. I would describe him as a wise, moral, understanding DEATH MACHINE.

Best video game character or character of anything of all time.

JCD
23rd Apr 2009, 04:39
Yes, it is a prequel.
2nd that

hem dazon 90
30th Apr 2009, 23:07
THIS from Crapapedia:

Could it be we've finally freed ourselves from the "multiple ending" in favor of a cohesive storyline?

I can see's it now:

Simons: So it's over, you've left them?

Page: It was inevitable. In the end, they truly had nothing to teach.

Simons: My only concern is the scope. Without their distribution network and political influence, this could be an undertaking which might not see fruition for many years.

Page: Not to worry my friend,our assets are well taken care of, and their "network" is comprised of several key people who now answer to us.

Simons: Still, the world governmental structure, the elected officials?

Page: The puppets and their talking heads are the easiest of all to sway, they always have been. Thanks to some "independently contracted" computer work of my own, we now know everything my "brothers" know, and we will use it.And if they become recalcitrant and refuse to heel, our work here in Hong Kong will most assuredly put a stop to that.

Simons: So it seems we are moving forward. One last order of business if I may?

Page: Of course.

Simons: The last elements of construction in Nevada will be complete within the hour. Have we acquired a mind of sufficient talent and vision to begin our Ultimate Work?

Page: Indeed.
Dr. Savage was very excited about the opportunity, and should be arriving shortly.

Simons: Excellent. I've seen to it that he has everything he needs to begin.

Page: Our work will not be easy my friend, but we will at last finally begin.

Page: Throughout human history, man has sought longevity and immortality. A way to defeat natures inevitable victory and become as the Gods he worshiped.

Page: And now we will finally complete that quest and usher in a new age.

Page: The ancient Greeks had a very fitting term for what we are embarking upon, and they defined it as....

Page: "Deus"

Simons: "Ex".

wow i will be quite happy if it ends with something like that. the conversation on the roof reminds me of boston leagal only better.

am I the only one who thinks adam is gonna die?

FrankCSIS
30th Apr 2009, 23:52
am I the only one who thinks adam is gonna die?

Nope, it's come up a few times as a definite possibility. There were mentions of hints about his past, as well as his future, within the game. It opens the door for a few things, including death.

Jerion
1st May 2009, 00:07
Nope, it's come up a few times as a definite possibility. There were mentions of hints about his past, as well as his future, within the game. It opens the door for a few things, including death.

It would be crazy if Adam ended up being Jock. :nut:

FrankCSIS
1st May 2009, 00:24
Hahaha

Well if you think about it, it's not THAT crazy, technically. He would fit the age bill, as well as the background. Considering what happens next, it's not too far-fetched to imagine a scenario where whatever Adam's intentions were, he ended up, willingly or not, helping out Bob's group, most likely by setting another group aside.

If I knew all my efforts to overthrow an organisation strictly led to the rise to power of another corrupt one (as is typically the case), I'd turn rogue too at some point.

But yeah. It'd still be silly. Like, soap opera silly.

Irate_Iguana
1st May 2009, 06:25
Well if you think about it, it's not THAT crazy, technically.

Adam will be augmented to hell and back. Jock has none.

Jerion
1st May 2009, 08:26
Maybe he introduces Jock to the Forty.

GmanPro
1st May 2009, 18:38
And teaches him the importance of only drinking cold drinks

FrankCSIS
1st May 2009, 21:37
Adam will be augmented to hell and back. Jock has none.

I'm assuming anything mechanical can be removed, and why not, really.

Somehow I had a hunch Adam wouldn't be too pleased about his initial augs. It seems to me that he would have profited from it before, instead of waiting to be severely wounded, if he was interested.

However this ends, it would make sense for him to get rid of them at some point. It may sound cool for a while, but really, unless your life is about being a killing machine, who would want to spend his retirement days more machine than man? Especially if he's among the first generation to try it, and not something anchored in our civilisation for generations.

If he doesn't die, I don't expect him to keep his augs at the end.

Coliphorbs
1st May 2009, 22:05
I really don't think mech augs can simply be removed. Some evidence for this is implied in Deus Ex..:

(regarding Gunther): "They cut off his arm, replaced half his face."

Also, Jordan Shea - the ex-UNATCO mech at the bar. Why would she keep her augmentations? She even takes offense to JC's remark on them, implying that the disfigurement is a sore spot.

Adam being Brian "Jock" Flanagan would be pretty dumb -- we know too much of Jock's history to have enough space for a whole plotline revolving around him. Besides, isn't Adam nearing middle-age? Jock isn't that old.

That said, characters I would really like to see in DX3:

Joseph Manderley: The character I'd like to see the most. We know he has a formidable past, and is associated with the downfall of the Knights Templar - one of the major conspiracy organizations, tied with the Illuminati. If the game revolves around the decline of the Illuminati, this event seems like it just has to be there, and we all know that Joseph led the operation.

Beth DuClare: As above; I'm not sure when her murder took place but that could be an interesting mission for Adam to unwittingly (or not) commit.

Walton Simons: He'd have to be pretty young, but if he makes a cameo in a minor role as a fresh-faced agent in one of the many UN branches, still unaware of the conspiracies - I'd be happy. I always thought of him as a darker, future version of JC/Paul, if they ever decided to stay loyal to the powers-that-be.

I really wouldn't want to see any other DX character make an appearance.

FrankCSIS
2nd May 2009, 00:50
Any mechanical structure can be removed, but I guess you'd have to regrow organic tissues. Considering the results we're already witnessing now, we could expect at least the first primitive signs of limb production by the time Adam gets old.

Regardless, I was just arguing for the sake of it. It would indeed be pretty silly. I still don't think, however, that it would make sense for a super-augmented champion to go unnoticed by the time the DX events take place. It has to be death, exile, or de-augmentation for Adam in the end.

Simmons definitely has the Vader "good man trapped in an evil mind" vibe going on. Things probably very slowly escalated for him, until they reached a point where he would simply lose too much by turning his cloak.

lightbringerrr
3rd May 2009, 07:39
Yes, good stuff indeed:thumb:

Now i have to improve my english and aspire to write like you:o .

That was brilliant!

Same. The last line seemed too cheesy. Otherwise, :thumb:

I enjoyed it. Nicely orchestrated :thumb: :thumb:

wow i will be quite happy if it ends with something like that. the conversation on the roof reminds me of boston leagal only better.

Thanks for the kind comments all. Not bad for 45 minutes worth of work if I do say so myself! And yes, in retrospect, the last line was ****e. :D

But, I was in a hurry to tie it all together and get the hell out of the office on a Friday! :rasp:

Perhaps someday when I learn the ways of proper digital editing and find an artist who can create the storyboards in my head, I will grace you with my teaser trailer for a prequel to Blood I've had kicking around in my head for some time now. Absolutely devastating and adrenaline-inducing this thing is!
Cheers!

lightbringerrr
3rd May 2009, 08:15
It would be crazy if Adam ended up being Jock. :nut:

Hahaha

Well if you think about it, it's not THAT crazy, technically. He would fit the age bill, as well as the background. Considering what happens next, it's not too far-fetched to imagine a scenario where whatever Adam's intentions were, he ended up, willingly or not, helping out Bob's group, most likely by setting another group aside.

If I knew all my efforts to overthrow an organisation strictly led to the rise to power of another corrupt one (as is typically the case), I'd turn rogue too at some point.

But yeah. It'd still be silly. Like, soap opera silly.

And teaches him the importance of only drinking cold drinks

I am SO down with that.:thumb:

On an off-note; T-Salvation and Star Trek look off the hook.

hem dazon 90
6th May 2009, 20:51
I am SO down with that.:thumb:

On an off-note; T-Salvation and Star Trek look off the hook.

yes they do

Olle
7th May 2009, 03:07
I definitley think that there is a vehicle for a closer look at Manderley's past as Coliphorbs said, he has a vaguely touched upon back story form the first game to expand on it in the prequel. He doesn't even have to be a major player in the story right from the start only towards the end.

It would be interesting to see a younger Maggie Chow, in her acting career. This wouldn't have to be a huge plot critical character perhaps only mentioned in conversation or in the News Terminals or datacubes.

JCD
7th May 2009, 04:46
I don't care who returns or not. But I don't want the characters who do return, to be just a flash in the game. I would love to see many sub-plots with them. If the player decides to follow the sub-plotline, he would find more info about them, or even do things that had a consequence in the original DX game.

I certainly don't want to see a character being just a passerby, it is LAME imho. If there is no plot, not even 4-5 datacubes containing some critical info about them, just don't add them :)

Jerion
7th May 2009, 12:21
I don't care who returns or not. But I don't want the characters who do return, to be just a flash in the game. I would love to see many sub-plots with them. If the player decides to follow the sub-plotline, he would find more info about them, or even do things that had a consequence in the original DX game.

I certainly don't want to see a character being just a passerby, it is LAME imho. If there is no plot, not even 4-5 datacubes containing some critical info about them, just don't add them :)

I agree. If somebody is gonna return, they should at least have a solid part, no matter how minor. Just tossing them in for a passer-by or a bit part cameo is kinda lame.