PDA

View Full Version : DX 3 so what is everyone else saying?

pauldenton
7th Oct 2008, 06:16
And Now for other gamers views on dx 3 from outside this forum -

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=621514

Laokin
7th Oct 2008, 06:37
"Hopefully it'll be as good as Bioshock. We need more games with epic storylines." -Spartan117

LOLz, Halo fan boy... wants it to be as good as bioshock..... It better blow bioshock away. I felt like I was playing a very very very ultra stripped version of a game that could of competed for DX, very disappointing.

mouse
7th Oct 2008, 07:23
"Hopefully it'll be as good as Bioshock. We need more games with epic storylines." -Spartan117

LOLz, Halo fan boy... wants it to be as good as bioshock..... It better blow bioshock away. I felt like I was playing a very very very ultra stripped version of a game that could of competed for DX, very disappointing.

Was it really so bad? I just played the bioshock demo and decided not to buy the full game. I liked many ideas and features, but it was just a plain shooter IMO. Maybe its because I liked System Shock.

So please... no bioshockification of DX :(

DXeXodus
7th Oct 2008, 07:28
Bioshock was definitely a fun game to play. The storyline, however, was predictable and the gameplay could have been taken a lot further IMO. I definitely don't want this to follow in Bioshocks footsteps.

K^2
7th Oct 2008, 07:32
I'm not usually a grammar nazzi, but "could of" bothers me to no end. It is "could've", as in contraction of "could have". "Have" never contracts to "of".

Igoe
7th Oct 2008, 07:35
What's a nazzi? :P

DXeXodus
7th Oct 2008, 07:50
^^ Lol. It's like a Nazi, just one that can't spell. :)

Sorry K^2. I normally check for that stuff. Was in a bit of a rush there.

K^2
7th Oct 2008, 07:52
Don't know how that one slipped past the spell checker.

Necros
7th Oct 2008, 17:14
Bioshock was definitely a fun game to play. The storyline, however, was predictable and the gameplay could have been taken a lot further IMO. I definitely don't want this to follow in Bioshocks footsteps.
I have to agree with you. I had high hopes for that game but it was a dissapointment. Though a fun game to play it was quite shallow, not what I expected from the guys who created System Shock 2.

piippo
7th Oct 2008, 18:26

I agree, my biggest turn off was the clumsy combat. Since essentially you had to do lot of that, it didn't feel too great. This on PC. I liked the demo, bought the game, but never finished it. It was just too cumbersome and odd to play, since it relied heavily on the shooting as well.

AaronJ
7th Oct 2008, 18:59
Everyone over at Alpha hates it so far.

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 20:02

I wasn't dissappointed by BioShock, I just found it was over hyped. And honestly, lets face it, NO ONE saw that plot twist coming.

3nails4you
7th Oct 2008, 20:18
Seems like the people making Bioshock came up with a lot of good ideas, then sat down for 5 minutes to write a story that could somehow be stretched to match the features of the game. While a lot of it was good, it was a bland-ish storyline that could've been taken a lot further. However, Incinerate! may have been the coolest thing ever. *Snap* *FWOOOSH* AHHHHHHHHHH!

lol

3nails4you
7th Oct 2008, 20:21
I wasn't dissappointed by BioShock, I just found it was over hyped. And honestly, lets face it, NO ONE saw that plot twist coming.

And if we're thinking of the same plot twist, I definitely saw it (or at least saw something like it) coming from miles away. Plot twists just aren't as epic as they used to be...they've all been used, reused, twisted to make it a double twist, untwisted, used, then reused again. We need some new twists. I'VE GOT IT!

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Cheetos-CrunchyTwist.jpg

Those are the kinds of twists we need. Throw 'em in free with the game and voila! They sell like hotcakes.

MaxxQ1
7th Oct 2008, 21:46
And if we're thinking of the same plot twist, I definitely saw it (or at least saw something like it) coming from miles away. Plot twists just aren't as epic as they used to be...they've all been used, reused, twisted to make it a double twist, untwisted, used, then reused again. We need some new twists. I'VE GOT IT!

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Cheetos-CrunchyTwist.jpg

Those are the kinds of twists we need. Throw 'em in free with the game and voila! They sell like hotcakes.

BLEAHHHH!!!! I HATE Cheetos!

3nails4you
7th Oct 2008, 22:39
I didn't know "hate" and "cheetos" could be used in a sentence unless inbetween was the phrase "is not a word that can be applied to anyone's feelings about". This is quite disillusioning...do some people secretly hate cookies, too? My entire life has been thrown into shadow and doubt...

MaxxQ1
8th Oct 2008, 00:30
I didn't know "hate" and "cheetos" could be used in a sentence unless inbetween was the phrase "is not a word that can be applied to anyone's feelings about". This is quite disillusioning...do some people secretly hate cookies, too? My entire life has been thrown into shadow and doubt...

Dunno about cookies, but my sister hates cake and loves icing, while I'm the other way around. Birthdays were fun at the house, especially when Mom was doing her cake decorating - sis got the messed-up icing roses Mom would make, and I'd get the cake that stuck to the pan. Yummy!

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 04:39
One would expect something a little bit more intellectually stimulating on a Deus Ex forum than a debate about cheetos and the virtues of icing :D lol!

What have we become :eek:

If anyone gets offended by the above comment I will slap them. It's a joke.

TheMorten
8th Oct 2008, 05:08
I initially liked BioShock, but the gun combat was actually quite horribly implemented... Just the feel of recoil instantly changing your direction of aim, from one frame to the next, especially obvious when using the tommygun. Yuck.

Deus Ex 3 will rely more on combat than Deus Ex, judging from the HP system. While I didn't hope for that, I just pray it is properly implemented now. And, to the game's advantage, I think there are some pretty decent tactical elements to choose from in the series, such as more accurate fire after aiming, long reload times unless skilled/modded, diverse weapons and upgrades, etc...

Now, I just hope that the action of the game remains a tactical experience. I could imagine using the bungee tentacles to gain higher ground, for example. If the game turns into a 500 regenerating HP slugfest - good heavens!

But I credit the designers with enough brains that they have thought this through. If they haven't, well then I'm disappointed. :rasp:

MaxxQ1
8th Oct 2008, 08:55
One would expect something a little bit more intellectually stimulating on a Deus Ex forum than a debate about cheetos and the virtues of icing :D lol!

What have we become :eek:

If anyone gets offended by the above comment I will slap them. It's a joke.

Yup. Just trying to lighten things up on a board that's getting just a BIT too serious lately.

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 08:58

Agreed, I liked the gameplay of BioShock but goddamn the story SUCKED. Anyone who likes the "story" of BioShock, Crysis and/or Halo. You know what you can do, right now? GTFO.

Be a man, PLAY A REAL GAME. Play Deus Ex 50 times, once done, come back to me. If you still find Halo/BioShock a better game in terms of story, then you forfeit your soul to me. I shall also rip off your balls and make you eat them. A video of such act will be posted on YouTube for proof and the lulz.

DON'T MESS WITH ME.

TheMorten
8th Oct 2008, 09:30
@ ~Psychotic~

This is the time at which I jump into the fray, in defense of Halo's story, which I found pretty good. Granted, there are a lot of elements that have been seen before, but the execution is nothing short of fantastic. It's like good food you've had enough of, then you mix in a few new ingredients and it turns out great once more.

In Halo 2, the storyline was quite "meh". In Halo 3, I think there are a lot of interesting facts being hinted at, especially with the data consoles, akin to the storylines you can uncover in Deus Ex via the mail inboxes.

I won't say Halo's storyline is better than Deus Ex, nor would I say Deus Ex's is better. They're both great, and if you've read a bit of litterature, you'll realise Deus Ex isn't so revolutionary either - though it IS better fleshed out than Halo.

Anyways, end of rant. :nut:

Dead-Eye
8th Oct 2008, 09:46
Halo one was good because of one thing "Ring World". Halo 2 and 3 were OK but not as good as halo.

Bioshock was fun although the not being able to die thing ruined any attempt to be scary. Games are only scary when you think you might die. As such regenerative health will ruin this game if it becomes something that only requires you to stay behind cover for a few seconds to not die.