PDA

View Full Version : Pledge thread: what you WILL do if DX3 sucks

jordan_a
6th Oct 2008, 11:38
You had faith (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=75274), you've seen the team, and have now been reassured (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=80786): let's take an inconceivable oath.

Be aware that if DX3 sucks, which seems impossible, you'll have to film yourself performing your promise and upload it on Youtube! :whistle:

Who wants to start?

*Any reference to stupid acts of self inflicted violence or anything illicit will not be tolerated, only the funny stuff, please *

DXeXodus
6th Oct 2008, 12:17
I will wait for Deus Ex 4 :D
I am a Deus Ex whore and I will wait until the day they get it right (If of course they don't with this one...)

SubTonic20
6th Oct 2008, 12:21
I'd go back to Deus Ex 1. If Deus Ex 3 ends up sucking, then I'll just have to return to the one that I'll always love.

DXeXodus
6th Oct 2008, 12:24
I'd go back to Deus Ex 1. If Deus Ex 3 ends up sucking, then I'll just have to return to the one that I'll always love.

Return? I have never left it :)

SubTonic20
6th Oct 2008, 12:26
Hah, yeah, I suppose I haven't, either. Still have it installed on Steam. I just haven't played it in a while (too hyped for other games ATM), but I will again someday.

chip5541
6th Oct 2008, 12:30
I will video record me banning the person who started this thread :rasp:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Oct 2008, 12:33

Same here.

And I'd even go so far as to admit that I will also seek consolation in playing DX:IW too.
At least the second game introduced me to the Omar. :D

jordan_a
6th Oct 2008, 12:41
I will video record me banning the person who started this thread :rasp:LOL. I'll record myself running, my pants down, in front of the Champs Elysées.

Mezmerizer
6th Oct 2008, 12:48
Hell I still have problems with IW!
Sniff I don't want a sucker DX3.....****

Jerion
6th Oct 2008, 16:33
I will video record me banning the person who started this thread :rasp:

xD I hold him, you hit him? :lol:

Shralla
6th Oct 2008, 18:15
If DX3 sucks, I will not buy it.

And I will film myself not buying it and put it on YouTube.

general kane
6th Oct 2008, 18:30
you'll have to film yourself performing your promise

what promise ..... to shoot myself in the head or to hang myself in a long building or to take a cyanede pill ?? :scratch: tell me man im out of optiones :mad2: .

Laokin
6th Oct 2008, 19:45
I'll buy 10 of them as a punishment for getting my hopes all high, yeah I'm that confident......

Icarus AI
6th Oct 2008, 20:31
I will play IW and see if it is better or worse than DX 3.

dxfan94
6th Oct 2008, 20:42
well i actually liked DXIW i cant wait for DX3

K^2
6th Oct 2008, 21:28
I officially pledge that if DX3 turns out to be a bad game, I'm going to begin development of a better game myself. Anyone who wants to is welcome to jump aboard.

Mr. Perfect
7th Oct 2008, 02:14
I'll try to do something that might actually effect sales.:scratch:

After following the whole Spore DRM debacle, it seems like there isn't much you can do to register your disappointment with how a game is developing. If you buy it, thats a vote for the game, if you pirate it, you're just a freeloader that the company hates anyhow, and if you don't buy the game you're not counted as anything.

From what I've heard, the most important part of sales is pre-sales Pre-orders are used to determine interest in a game, and the more pre-orders there are the more marketing money the game receives. So, to vote against the game, the only thing I can think to do is pre-order the game, and then call up the company and cancel your pre-order while telling them exactly why you are canceling.

Of course by the time a game is ready for pre-orders, it's probably to late to change anything anyhow.

Still, if there are a bunch of pre-orders that are canceled along with customer complaints, I didn't do it. :D

SemiAnonymous
7th Oct 2008, 04:01
I'll record myself travelling to all the locations in Deus Ex 1, IN ORDER, dressed as close as humanly possible to JC. I will do everything I can to quote, reference or reenact the game, even if it means being arrested, humiliated, or suffering prolonged exposure that can damage the bronchial pathways. I swear this upon all things both holy, un-holy and electronic.

CarloGervasi
7th Oct 2008, 05:11
Play through Deus Ex for the 200,000th time. Maybe try to get a team together to recreate the original game with a better engine.

K^2
7th Oct 2008, 05:15
Maybe try to get a team together to recreate the original game with a better engine.
Want to jump on-board of my project up there? That is, if the DX3 really will be bad.

CarloGervasi
7th Oct 2008, 05:18
I don't know. PM me with what you want to do, and we'll see if I can help. I know Source SDK, and a couple programming languages, so if it's something where those two skills might be necessary, I might be interested.

Bloodwolf806
7th Oct 2008, 21:06
It won't suck.

(I hope)

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 22:57
I officially pledge that if DX3 turns out to be a bad game, I'm going to begin development of a better game myself. Anyone who wants to is welcome to jump aboard.

im in already :D .

I don't know. PM me with what you want to do, and we'll see if I can help. I know Source SDK, and a couple programming languages, so if it's something where those two skills might be necessary, I might be interested.

dont forget me :(

i have the directing skill .

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 23:18
Count me in.

And I'll hijack my old school's PA system, and pretend to start crying about how my lover was a liar, and she broke my heart. =D

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 23:32
lol il burn eidos montreal to the ground ( im kidding please dont sue me )

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 23:39
Ka-SUED. I knew a little girl named SUEsie. SUEpremely SUEd.

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 23:44
what no please dont SUE ME :mad2:

Romeo
7th Oct 2008, 23:48
Okie dokie then. I still like K^2's idea though, a pretty classy comeback indeed.

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 23:55
i am the director of the game and ur not :rasp: .

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 04:45
I'll join K^2's little game development team. I'll be the community manager. That way I wouldn't have to do any work. :D Just ask Rene. It's an absolute breeze. :rasp:

3nails4you
8th Oct 2008, 05:12
I'll eat my hat.

Except not really. It's an expression.

TheMorten
8th Oct 2008, 05:52
I will dedicate my life to making as many Deus Ex games as I possibly can within one lifetime. Hah!

Maybe interrupted by the odd Battlezone (Activision 1998) remake.

And oh, I'll do it! Don't you think I won't! :mad2:

Tracer Tong
8th Oct 2008, 07:07
Maybe interrupted by the odd Battlezone (Activision 1998) remake.

Ooh I loved Battlezone! Especially the Rave Gun and the Thumper. It was a totally awesome game.

Necros
8th Oct 2008, 07:55
"what you WILL do if DX3 sucks"

Nothing. Because I know that DX3 won't suck, :cool: it can't be that bad to make me say the it sucks.

~Psychotic~
8th Oct 2008, 08:45
I make no promises. When it is released it will either be good or bad. I shall play it and I shall not fully decide what I think of the game until I play it. I have my opinions and my worries now, but I am not going to promise anything.

I won't do anything if it fails, but I don't make a pledge that I won't do anything if it does happen to fail.