PDA

View Full Version : TR Locations - Which Have YOU Visited?

Lo
5th Oct 2008, 21:09
Hi there playmates,

Of all of the Tomb Raider games and contained locations, have you ever visited any?

If so, do you feel that the designers amply reflected the areas?

To make it easier, I will set some questions that you can copy and paste into your reply ;)

1) Which TR locations have you visited?

2) Do you think the artists adequately represented the location?

3) Which of the featured locations would you like to visit but haven't?

I think that three questions are sufficient, for now :)

I look forward to hearing all about your TR travelogues! :D

little miss Ju
6th Oct 2008, 19:10
Paris and England and Ireland and thats it and I'd love to go to Greece.

Lo
6th Oct 2008, 19:17
From TR levels I've been to Greece, Venice, London, Scotland, Dover (Lost Artefact), and probably a few more but actually it's quite hard to recall all of the locations from the games!

I lived in the Far East but have not visited China or Japan.

I certainly felt that the design team did a good job on the locations. London in particular was magnificent. Thames Wharf was so realistic, as was Aldwych!

Golden Laurel
6th Oct 2008, 19:18
I havnt vistited any of them, ive come close to visiting nevada though. p.s. nice idea for a thread. Ive always wonderd if the real places were anything like those in the game

out of all of them i want to visit Greece, it seems so cool!

Lo
6th Oct 2008, 19:21
Thanks, Golden Laurel. yes, Greece is lovely going by my own experiences. I went to a tiny island - Lesvos and it was untainted by tourism, largely.

Dining by candlelight on the seafront at dusk was out of this world! The buildings are so pleasing to the eye as well :)

Golden Laurel
6th Oct 2008, 19:43
No prob. Lesvos seems nice, i dont like highly populated areas, i prefer admireing things in scilence and privacy.

pinkyXstary
6th Oct 2008, 19:56

Greece, England, China, France, Nevada, Scotland, Japan, West Africa, Egypt (Going again 09) South pacific, I have been to the north pole (Lapland) but not south, Ireland, Peru and Russia to name a few :o

2) Do you think the artists adequately represented the location? From my most recent visits i would say yes, it's hard to recall so many places.

3) Which of the featured locations would you like to visit but haven't? umm... well theres only a few that i havent been to so the ones that were left maybe? lol

lilhanhan
6th Oct 2008, 19:56
I've only been to England and Scotland (:o ) but I am planning to go to Venice some time soon (Also, I've always wanted to go to the Great Wall of China). :)

Rachie
6th Oct 2008, 21:57

1) Only Thailand. :)

2) Most definately. It looks very much like it does in real life.

3) Maybe England, Japan, Greece, Italy.

Spong
6th Oct 2008, 22:17
@Rachie
Thailand huh? Get you :rasp:

1) I've been to London, so that's four levels of TR3 covered. And I've mooched around a few stately homes in my time, so that's Croft Manor done if you ask me. I've been to Dover and on the Eurostar, that's Lost Artefact's Shakespeare's Cliff. I've been to a zoo, does that count as Lost Artefact's It's A Madhouse!? I've been to Cornwall too, so that's England from Legend (although I didn't see any museums about King Arthur).

2) No, the reality was less "squarey".

3) Tibet.

Rachie
6th Oct 2008, 22:20
@Rachie
Thailand huh? Get you :rasp:

Huh? Get me what? :rasp:

Spong
6th Oct 2008, 22:23
@Rachie
*Tuts and shakes head*
It's a phrase. It's like saying "oooh, aren't you all special?" :lol::rasp:

Rachie
6th Oct 2008, 22:27
@Rachie
*Tuts and shakes head*
It's a phrase. It's like saying "oooh, aren't you all special?" :lol::rasp:

Are you being sarcastic? Thailand is great! I went to Bangkok and Phuket (and even James Bond IS. :D ).

:rasp: I'll take it that the phrase is an English thing.

Rai
6th Oct 2008, 23:02

England, well I live here, so stands to reason. In particular, I have been to London, Cornwall. Been through Paris, but not on foot. Atlantis ;) (tis true I tell ya!)

Well I dunno, I didn't see the rooftops very well in London. I did see some spooky looking underground areas. Atlantis? Uncanny how accurate that is! :eek: :lol: What? You didn't mean in a dream state? Ohhh...

Soo many! My dad has been to Egypt, so there would be a bonus. Um...Venice, Paris properly, Thailand, Tibet, Any of the icy areas, funnily enough, Russia, India.

Mr. Deadeye
6th Oct 2008, 23:08
well ive been to mexico, the mediteranean, france, italy, greece. and i would like to go to russia

Bampire
7th Oct 2008, 06:39
Nevada.

So-so. I haven't been to Area-51 so I don't know if it's correct or not. :lol:

Bolivia, Nepal, England, Macchu Picchu, Egypt, and India.

naraku
7th Oct 2008, 07:05
1)Nevada Came close to where I could get a glimpse of Area 51, Mexico, Bolivia. Would have been to Peru, but I choose not to.

2) Not sure, I suppose Area 51 could be.

3) Egypt, Greece,

Rexie
7th Oct 2008, 12:09
Ugh... I've only been to Lodnon, Finland and the Baltic... So I'll tell you about it when I have played TRU

Vv.LadyCroft.vV
7th Oct 2008, 12:28
1) I have been to Prague about 2 or 3 times
2) Well, I haven't been to the Strahov Fortress :lol: (even not in the Strahov district) or in the Bio-research Facility :lol: so I don't know...
3) All of them... :D :D

Arctic
7th Oct 2008, 12:35
Rome (Italy), Thailand, London (England), Greece and Paris (France). That's it.. I think :scratch:

Yes, I think they've done a good job, actually.

Almost all of them :p But especially Egypt and Mexico ;)

Devil666
7th Oct 2008, 12:48
Well I haven't been to much places that lara visit, but Greece and Venice are one of the few I've seen ... And they are very very well portrayed indeed :)
I'd like to visit ALL other places she goes ;P

LaraCroftRox
7th Oct 2008, 12:55
Ireland and England. Both represented good good. :o

Jezyk
7th Oct 2008, 15:47
I've been to:
- Greece, two times (once to mainland Greece and once to Crete)
- Italy - Rome and Venice
- Egypt - Cairo, Luxor, Giza, Valley of the Kings and perhaps some other
- Prague

I'd love to visit the Andes. I'd also love to go to Japan some day.

_Love2Raid_
7th Oct 2008, 17:12
England, Paris, (does California count?? :nut: )

England: I've no idea, I haven't visited Lara's manor or King Arthur's tomb :p
Paris: Did Lara visit the Eiffel Tower or Disneyland? The Louvre is sooo beautiful. There are some similarities but I must admit I forgot what it looks like in AOD :o . I didn't visit the ghetto or the sewer so about that part I can't tell you anything useful.
Edit: Oh right, I was an intern at a sanitarium a while ago. Trust me, it's NOTHING like the place in AOD ;)

Egypt, Ghana, India, Bolivia, Japan, Greece, Mexico, Thailand, Cambodia............wow, so many places to visit, so little money :(
No cold places though, I hate being cold.

shirl123
9th Oct 2008, 13:47
London, Paris, Nevada and Russia.

oh yeah! I never cared too much for exact details such as well-known buildings and\or their locations in the games, the atmosphere is more important to me - and IMO on each place it was a lot like the reality.

Greece,Egypt, Italy...

qwerty
9th Oct 2008, 13:58
Thanks, Golden Laurel. yes, Greece is lovely going by my own experiences. I went to a tiny island - Lesvos and it was untainted by tourism, largely.

Dining by candlelight on the seafront at dusk was out of this world! The buildings are so pleasing to the eye as well :)

you know that lesvos is the lesbo island(but that real has nothing to do with you,no bad intention just mentioning, many tourists come here not knowing this...)well on topic again,greece cause its my country obviously(or not because of my f** profile),venice,paris and thats all

crazyraider-147
9th Oct 2008, 14:24
I have visited England and NYC

tombraiderlaracroft1
9th Oct 2008, 15:01
London
Paris
Prague
India
Egypt
Greece
Rome
Venice
Ireland
Russia
Mediteranean Sea (Diving Spooky or what!!!)
and I'm only 12
I think I'm going to thailand and Cambodia soon I think.:nut: :D

Anto424
12th Oct 2008, 07:12
Paris and England and Ireland and thats it and I'd love to go to Greece.

There is an level in tr CHRONICLES were you go to ireland but its not the realistic type ireland:rolleyes:

Lo
13th Oct 2008, 09:45
1)

So-so. I haven't been to Area-51 so I don't know if it's correct or not. :lol:

What's this "I haven't been to Area 51" scandal, Goar? :lol:

I go twice on Wednesdays and once on a Sunday, dressed as a Kangaroo. I know everything about the place and even what they serve up for lunch in the alien canteen! :D

crazyraider-147
13th Oct 2008, 11:33

I go twice on Wednesdays and once on a Sunday, dressed as a Kangaroo. I know everything about the place and even what they serve up for lunch in the alien canteen! :D

*coughs* somone needs medical help *coughs*.

Sina_Croft
13th Oct 2008, 12:43

AWESOME!!! :D

I've visited ....
- Paris; Louvre
- England; London
-.. Greece; Crete.. But I don't count that one :p ( and I've been on the road @ Italy.. but just saw a few miles :p so.. )

I'd love to visit all the sightseeing places where Lara has been. :)

Lo
22nd Oct 2008, 13:35
Me too, Madenice. Or more importantly, I'd like for CD to send Lara to the places and countries I have visited. It's a lot cheaper that way :lol:

Egypt is definitely on the cards. But I only fancy a short break at Luxor. It's a long tour of the Valley of the Kings and very hot but you can cruise the Nile for a small price ;)

cassie young
22nd Oct 2008, 13:55
London,Paris,India,Egypt,Irland,Rome,Venice,Greece,Russia,Preu,China,Mexico and i live in Scotland
and i have been to more places

love from
cassandra young aka lady croft