PDA

View Full Version : Deux Ex 3 - How to ruin the name for future generations

Lostedge
5th Oct 2008, 18:34
Most of the sequels concentrate on two things: better graphicks and forgetting the good ideas in previous game. What made Deux Ex so that I regard it as one of the best games? Atleast for me it was few little things, but mostly freedom. You could choose an altrenate route and what you did affected the plot - like that part were you saved your brother. That was a huge deal for me atleast.

What I also apreaciated in the game was the RPG elements. Though I kind of wished I could boost my soldier a little more with the augmentations. Also the inventory system was good, even though you could not carry everything or all the possible weapons. Also the game contained secrets/loots (Most of the games today like hl2 do not contain secrets or if they do, there is nothing worthwhile finding the loot). Also the futuristic enviroment and story was excellent.

Now what I believe will happen to Deux Ex 3? Well, first of all they are going to make the game too simple as it is going to have console release. The controls and menus are simplified so you can use gamepad to mimic mouse, which it can not do (compare systemshock and Bioshock menus). The story is going to be linear: what you do does not affect anything. In game you can use either deadly force or for example tranquilicer darts: though it does not really matter which you use, because it will not effect storyline. In first DX you played this cool trenchcoat dude, in DX2 you moved to this female body ... but in DX3 you play as a old granny.

If someone just copied directly the ideas from Deux Ex and added a better graphicks the game would be awesome, but sadly that is not possible ..

But I bet the graphicks are going to be pretty ... on XBOX and PS3. On PC the graphicks are just little above average from the normal games ...

SubTonic20
5th Oct 2008, 19:24
Well, that was the lamest post I've seen in a while, especially these parts:

first of all they are going to make the game too simple as it is going to have console release.

In first DX you played this cool trenchcoat dude, in DX2 you moved to this female body ... but in DX3 you play as a old granny

But I bet the graphicks are going to be pretty ... on XBOX and PS3. On PC the graphicks are just little above average from the normal games ...

It appears that you have no understanding of the human physique and are biased against consoles.

You also had the nerve to say the PC has inferior graphics to the consoles. I'll respond to that with a big LOL.

I spit on this rant.

WhatsHisFace
5th Oct 2008, 19:27
As supportive as I am of Deus Ex 1 purists, this isn't a thread-worthy rant.

Kaebis
5th Oct 2008, 19:29
Well, that was the lamest post I've seen in a while, especially these parts:

It appears that you have no understanding of the human physique and are biased against consoles.

You also had the nerve to say the PC has inferior graphics to the consoles. I'll respond to that with a big LOL.

I spit on this rant.

Agreed, didn't even support it with any relative Information.

For anyone else who pops in to take a look at this thread:

TURN AWAY NOW!

imported_van_HellSing
5th Oct 2008, 19:30
For all the ridiculous claims he makes in the post, I think you're misunderstanding the PC/Consoles bit, SubTonic20. The way I take it is he's saying the game will look good for a X360 and PS3 game, but PC's will have advanced by then that the game will just look OK on a PC in comparison to PC-only titles of that generation.

SubTonic20
5th Oct 2008, 19:34
For all the ridiculous claims he makes in the post, I think you're misunderstanding the PC/Consoles bit, SubTonic20. The way I take it is he's saying the game will look good for a X360 and PS3 game, but PC's will have advanced by then that the game will just look OK on a PC in comparison to PC-only titles of that generation.

I highly doubt the TC is really up to the task of making such an in-depth analysis, considering he didn't even bother to make this obvious.

WhatsHisFace
5th Oct 2008, 20:07
I got the exact same impression.

SubTonic20
5th Oct 2008, 20:08
I got the exact same impression.

A post clearly spawned from your annoyance with me in other topics. Disregarded. :cool:

WhatsHisFace
5th Oct 2008, 20:11
A post clearly spawned from your annoyance with me in other topics. Disregarded. :cool:

No, it's really just because he obviously sets himself up as a PC gamer, when he expresses his annoyance with the console game design mentality. So when he says "The PC graphics will be a little above average from the normal games" it's pretty clear he's comparing this to titles like Crysis and probably Rage.

SubTonic20
5th Oct 2008, 20:12
No, it's really just because he obviously sets himself up as a PC gamer, when he expresses his annoyance with the console game design mentality. So when he says "The PC graphics will be a little above average from the normal games" it's pretty clear he's comparing this to titles like Crysis and probably Rage.

More assumptions, I see. -Sighs- You're hopeless. :nut:

René
5th Oct 2008, 20:24
Sorry Lostedge, but there was no reason to make a new thread. The comments are fine, you're allowed to have your opinion, but you could have just as easily done it in the main thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=80708&page=11).

Closing.