PDA

View Full Version : how does it work

tombraidergal
5th Oct 2008, 15:08
how does the level editor work? i wanna make a game and i have planned most of it out, but is it really hard and what level editer is recommended by you guys?
thanks, first time for me in the classic section.
please comment

bsmy95
5th Oct 2008, 15:13
then just read the manual u get with it! ;)

tombraidergal
5th Oct 2008, 15:13
it is called TOMB RAIDER: THE DEATH WEILDER

the first level is madagascar, anyone willing to help can, i have come up with loads of really hard puzzle ideas. i have done a thread in tomb raider underworld section called i'm planning a tr and got loads of comments.
if you could please help. thnx

bsmy95
5th Oct 2008, 15:29
cool name but i dont no how to do much on LE coz its so confusing coz i want to make a tomb raider 2 based level! :mad2:

Driber
5th Oct 2008, 16:38
hi tombraidergal, the first thing you gotta ask yourself is: "Am I prepared to spend months by reading a boring 120 page manual?"

if the answer is "no", then you're out of luck. no easy shortcuts, I'm afraid.
if the answer is "yes", you can start by downloading the TRLE (download link is in the FAQ thread at the top) and fully completing the tutorial level in the manual

TombRaiderTim
5th Oct 2008, 21:18
then, your next step, after learning what the manual has to say, find some resources for your levels, Objects, textures and many other things too. I reccodmend starting your search on TR Search Engine:

http://www.trsearch.org/

Good luck in your own Raider adventure, all things start off small, but gradually gets huge. What i mean is, you will gradually get the hang of it and then you will be able to master it! ;)

GeorgeMaciver
6th Oct 2008, 18:13
I don't believe I'm reading this.

aktrekker
6th Oct 2008, 18:43
:lmao:

Karl08
6th Oct 2008, 18:46
I don't believe I'm reading this.

I know that feeling mate! :rolleyes: :lol:

tombraidergal
15th Oct 2008, 18:24
ok, so should i just make it a comic, excellent idea. i think i'll do that and send it for publishing!

bedazzled
15th Oct 2008, 19:19
The comic in this thread is TombRaiderTim, handing out advice as if he's an expert :rolleyes:

Karl08
15th Oct 2008, 21:32
Sorry about that.

What Driber said and in my opinion, TRNG is most definately the first step you should take when level building. It's hard getting to grips with all the new updates for it but believe me, it's the way to go. Read George's thread about the updates for it and build the tutorial level in the manuel and you will be on your way to be building more complex missions. Good luck!

:thumbsup: