PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Sound Issues

Redarno
16th Aug 2012, 12:35
Hi!

I purchased final fantasy 7 for pc 2 days ago, the game itself works fine,but i have sound issues, as only music plays in the background,there are no sound effects,may it be in menu,battles or fmv's...

I don't understand why,and there is no audio config in the parameters

can anyone help me?

Redarno
17th Aug 2012, 17:40
Ok, so it seems there is a problem with the actual 'audio sound' file whatever its extension is,

Is there a way i can get a replacement one?

pnkymcgrnbeans
25th Aug 2012, 03:55
anyone else having a problem with the sfx in the game. all i have is the music.

onewingangel09
25th Aug 2012, 05:42
im having the same issue

member_10441036
25th Aug 2012, 15:20
Did you do a custom or full install, and did you install ALL the options after the game install such as dxd and such if not; uninstall and reinstall using all options, with a full(recommended)install and it should work. works great here win7 ultimate 64bit

sharding
14th Sep 2012, 18:50
Hello Bertrand,

It might be advisable to simply uninstall and reinstall the game if the audio files are corrupted in some way. If you are still having this problem please let us know and we will look into the issue further.

Thanks!

Mesden
15th Oct 2012, 00:56
I remember listening to the PS1 Final Fantasy VII music, but when I play it on my PC, it sounds atrocious. It's probably just my MIDI Drivers on my Sound Card, but is there a means to making the music sound a little better? It sounds nothing like it's PS1 counterpart.

vitornavarrete
15th Oct 2012, 01:18
Haven't played it yet, but, for what I heard, all the tracks are orchestrated, so it should be sounding way better than the PSOne version.

Grimoire
15th Oct 2012, 02:04
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29324501/Yamaha_XG_Replacement_Music_now_available)!

Mesden
17th Oct 2012, 01:49
I got it partially figured it out now.

The only problem I have now is that some sounds in the music are more prominent than others. Some of the music I can barely hear while certain instruments are playing and I have a really good sound card / 2.1 speaker system.

TeknikEnzo-481150
28th Oct 2012, 13:00
I bought the Final Fantasy 7 PC digital download last night, and download and install went smoothly.
However, I have no sound. Every "solution" I have found seems to be talking about a CD, or an ISO? Wtf? It's digital.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. Help please? :\

davidpring2005
28th Oct 2012, 22:59
I have no sound effects, Music is ok though. anybody else have this issue?

Grimoire
29th Oct 2012, 03:34
Title?

davidpring2005
29th Oct 2012, 03:39
Final Fantasy vii PC 2012

Grimoire
29th Oct 2012, 07:23
[NO SOUND EFFECTS! Help please?]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29320483/NO_SOUND_EFFECTS!_Help_please?post_id=524141367#524141367)

[SOUND FX ISSUES]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29316497/SOUND_FX_ISSUES?post_id=523019097#523019097)

Hansah
29th Oct 2012, 11:34
I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and still have the problem too.

Music but no sound effects.

Hansah
29th Oct 2012, 11:36
Have the same problem and a full recommended install does nothing at all..

davidpring2005
29th Oct 2012, 14:25
I'm having this problem as well. It worked fine before but its not now.

SE-Chris
29th Oct 2012, 17:22
Typically when people see issues like this there may be extra devices on their system which could interfere with which output the sound comes from. Definitely, the first thing you'd want to do is reinstall off of www.findmyorder.com, (http://www.findmyorder.com,) to ensure that there aren't any file corruptions or missing pieces. After that you'll want to check your Sound menu in the device manager or right click on the sound icon on your system tray and click Playback devices. Here you can see if the sounds is perhaps coming out of another device (Speakers, headphones, TV, etc.) or if the device that you're listening to has the correct playback type set (5.1, Stereo, Mono, Surround). If these mismatch, it may be trying to play the sound out of speakers which don't exist or are not plugged in. Moving forward, you can check your device manager to see if there are any extra devices installed, but not being used. If there are, you may want to disable them temporarily to see if that makes a difference. Lastly, we would suggest navigating to your device manufacturer's website to see if there may be a new driver for the device or check the Windows update tool to see if there are any new sound drivers you could acquire.

JoeMega1
18th Dec 2012, 06:56
I'm having this problem too. I hear the music fine, but no sound effects at all. I went ahead and deleted and reinstalled it and checked my sound menu and everything...there is nothing. My drives are all updated too.

jpnelson
22nd Dec 2012, 12:08
My sound effects are out now also. Just figured it out on mine.

It appears the sound effects volume has been turned down.

I can only start to hear it when i turn it up in the config menu to above 23.

jaydeyjames
14th Jun 2013, 10:50
Hey guys I know this is a pretty old thread but I had this problem as well. All I did was turn my music all the way down to check if there was any sound at all and there was but it was very feint. I played one short battle with just sound and no music and after it was done just turned my music all the way back up and the sound was still there and worked fine. Now the sound and music are in perfect balance. Hope this helps someone out.

CyberMousey
18th Jan 2014, 05:08
After doing a full uninstall and re install, and rebooting my PC, I do not get sound from my game, when starting it up, loading a save file, playing through it or even during a FMV sequence.

This was working fine a few days ago, and I get sound from everything else on my computer. Other games, videos and music, even watching Amazon videos.

What happened to this game? I have cloud saves enabled, so was there an update that broke it?

Assistance place

ladylaurel18
23rd Mar 2014, 19:39
I'm having this problem as well. Though now I don't have much hope, as this post is three months old and completely ignored.

Zeeeine
22nd Jul 2014, 02:38
Hey guys i have a big problem with my FF7Sound,no have attack sounds,magics,summons,all other soungs of the game is not correct,example,i attack an enemy with Cloud basic attack,this action no make any sound o.O. I try to reinstal on steam,verify the arquives,but no works =/,any solution?