PDA

View Full Version : Real Monks with Their Tigers

Lo
5th Oct 2008, 09:47
Makes me feel a bit bad now when I think how many tigers I have killed in Tomb Raider 2!

But I only ever kill the ones I can't escape from or outrun! The first two on the Great Wall level are easy to dodge so I leave them alone - the sound of their growling adds a bit of ambience as I make my ascent to the Wall above ;)

Anyway, here's a site where you can see the Buddhist Monks with their very real tigers!!

http://honewatson.com/og/buddhist-monk-petting-tigers/

Enjoy! :)

GamemasterJJ
5th Oct 2008, 09:55
If I had a tiger, everyone would bow down to me!!!

Mr Croft
5th Oct 2008, 10:04
Thanks, Lo :D

Lo
5th Oct 2008, 11:18
You're welcome, Mr Croft :)

I imagine the tigers are very well fed. I mean, at the end of the day they are still wild and powerful beasts no matter how well you "tame" them, and all animals, including the domestic cat, can turn on their handlers with a ferocity that seems out of character to us logical humans!

I've seen all manner os so-called tame animals turn on their handlers/guardians so we must never lose sight of the fact that fundamentally, they have the capacity to have a "bad hair day", but instead of having a rant on IM, they'll tear your arm off instead :eek: :lol: ;)

Mr Croft
5th Oct 2008, 11:27
You're welcome, Mr Croft :)

I imagine the tigers are very well fed. I mean, at the end of the day they are still wild and powerful beasts no matter how well you "tame" them, and all animals, including the domestic cat, can turn on their handlers with a ferocity that seems out of character to us logical humans!

I've seen all manner os so-called tame animals turn on their handlers/guardians so we must never lose sight of the fact that fundamentally, they have the capacity to have a "bad hair day", but instead of having a rant on IM, they'll tear your arm off instead :eek: :lol: ;)

That seems cool :D
:p

toughraid3r37
5th Oct 2008, 17:04
I don't mind killing the tigers in tomb raider if they're going to KILL ME!!! lol

_Tomb_Raider_
5th Oct 2008, 17:15
I don't mind killing the tigers in tomb raider if they're going to KILL ME!!! lol

:lol:

Lo
5th Oct 2008, 18:44

Well yeah, there is that slight problem :D

I often creep out of that water in TR2's Temple of Xian near the start of the level, just taking baby steps, one at a time until I trigger that one that emerges from the side of the temple :eek:

I even tried getting it to join me on the springboard to see if I could elevate it to the rooftop :lol:

Rachie
5th Oct 2008, 21:54
Aw, I want to hug a massive vicious tiger! :rolleyes:

crazyraider-147
5th Oct 2008, 22:26
Yo i would not touch that thing, it would chew off my face. :eek:

Lo
6th Oct 2008, 17:22
Aw, I want to hug a massive vicious tiger! :rolleyes:

Well yeah, like I said, Rachie, how can they be absolutely sure that one of these babies won't turn on the folk petting them?

I suppose the Monks must be able to tell if the tigers are distressed because all animals can get fed up with being petted and fussed over, especially when they are tired, hot or both.

If my little hamster is tired she'll bite me but that's not likely to cost me an arm and a leg :lol:

dark7angel
6th Oct 2008, 17:43
I've seen a documentary about this Monks and all the work they have done to protect this Tigers... I really admire them!!!

_Love2Raid_
6th Oct 2008, 17:52
That's funny. I've just watched a documentary about these monks and the tigers the other day on National Geographic, or was it Animal Planet...............:scratch: ......

Well anyway, I wish I could have a tiger as a pet and not be worried about the fact that it could chew off my head any second :eek: :eek: !

Tigers are awesome, like lions :D I think I will use that electric shocker gun whenever I can in TRU on the tigers. Those nasty spiders and lizards are gonna eat the lead!!! (Sorry, but I really want those freaks to remain dead and not show up again when I'm not prepared for it, or I'll crap my pants while playing :lol: )

Thanks for sharing Lo!! :)

Lo
22nd Oct 2008, 13:44
No worries Love2Raid, they are awesome aren't they!

Sadly, I came across a rather disturbing piece of media a few weeks ago (hence the bumping up of this thread). It's certainly not a link I would wish to share because it is too graphic. But I felt a need to pass comment.

Without going into too much detail, the media video showed a man inside a tiger cage and his arm was firmly in the grasp of said tiger. Various comments were cruel - one person said 'Stupid idiot, what was he doing in the cage in the first place?' and so forth.

But from what I could conclude, the man was very slim and the bars of the cage were very wide and his actual positioning seemed to indicate that he had been pulled through the bars :eek:

All attempts to free the man from the tiger's jaw were fruitless and eventually, the poor tiger was shot twice and killed. The man was seriously injured and had lacerations on his legs, arms, face et al but human error and stupidity often leads to the culling of innocent animals.

I can't slate the man though because the narrator was speaking in a language unknown to me. It could have been a very innocent accident in this case but it was all very upsetting. :(

TombRaiderBabbii
1st Nov 2008, 20:58
i wish i had a tiger :(
i feel guilty for killing the ones in the TRU demo now

M.a.r.k
1st Nov 2008, 21:26
I'm felling fine!

I did not killed them on TRU demo!

I've just used the tranquilizer gun! :rasp:

By the way.. It was the law of survive (For Lara) :thumbsup:

;)

Tiawia
1st Nov 2008, 23:28
Tigers are my favorite wild animals. Their gorgeous. But on Tomb Raider..I kill them, their fake after all. Just keeping reminding yourself that. I really love the white tigers! They have really pretty blue eyes. I want one but my mom won't let me :eek:

GoLarago
10th Nov 2008, 04:33
I want one too. I wish those mad psycho gene scientists would breed them the size of a normal house cat. Then we could have one without having our face eaten off. lol
Not only that but tigers like water so you could throw them in the pool and play with them there. :cool:

Sina_Croft
10th Nov 2008, 07:26
tigers are sooo sweet :D

I pet one baby tiger !! :D:D XD

It's hair was not that soft as that of a puppy or such.

It was very tired and slept at our towel :P ( we were @ a swimming pool/camping and a circus came by with the baby tiger to make pictures ( so you could buy them for 10€ each :P))

Mummy and daddy tiger were @ the cage :(

Aww!!! Those beasts are so big and dangerous and SOOO COOOOLLL XD :D
I love those big feet and heads :P

The_Underworld
13th Dec 2008, 00:54
If I was that monk I would need new pants!!!!!!:lmao: ;)

poplk
17th Dec 2008, 04:34
Yo i would not touch that thing, it would chew off my face. :eek:

you are being too hard there creature like you or i besides there like my cat taffy i train my cat to act like they would in the wild anyway ya i woudent touch a tiger but i know lots about tigers when there full there like kittens but but even ok you should not touch them

Lo
17th Dec 2008, 10:59
I found out recently that the American actress Melanie Griffith's mother (Tippi Hedren from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" movie fame), keeps a pet lion. Google it. It is awesome but quite bizzare to see her "pet" lion walking around near her swimming pool and having it's front paws up on her sink as she preps some food :eek:

You wouldn't catch me with a pet of that magnitude!

Let me see if I can find a pic.

Here we are. Weird!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/High-Priestess/Lion.jpg