PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Eidos should release Angel of Darkness?

cgtombraider
2nd Oct 2008, 23:05
I think Eidos should release the angel of darkness improved with dual pistols also! That would be so awesome! I just played the demo of the game with the cheat program which enabled me to play with dual pistols! It was so fun! too bad i don't have the game for the pc so i can play it fully! Well i do but it only allows me to play only for 1 hour!:(

josh1122
2nd Oct 2008, 23:33
wrong section and not another one of these threads :mad2:

MissJess
2nd Oct 2008, 23:36
Maybe once you play the whole game you'll have diffrent opinion ( :

toughraid3r37
2nd Oct 2008, 23:42
Well i kinda thought the talking parts were boring and i never found dual pistols or two guns i could use at once which sucked. I think it's fine the way it is... unless they put the new lara from underworld in it then id play it. SHE ROCKS! lol. Oh and if anyone can tell me were to get twin guns or pistols plzzzzzzzzz tell me. :nut:

cgtombraider
3rd Oct 2008, 01:23
Maybe once you play the whole game you'll have diffrent opinion ( :

I own it on ps2 and loved it so i don't know what your talking about i have had it for 3 years now

Rachie
3rd Oct 2008, 01:28
I own it on ps2 and loved it so i don't know what your talking about i have had it for 3 years now

Me too. But I don't think they'll touch AoD again. Even as we beg. Too many fans won't be happy with it, even if it is improved.

I would be sure happy.

But let's not discuss this for the thousandth time, shall we? :)

digifan
3rd Oct 2008, 05:54
IMO one of the major flaws with this game is the storyline had very little to do with raiding tombs. This game is more about Lara being on the run from the law after she was frame for murder. :o I don't think a re-release will do it credit even with improve graphics and controls.

donnabright
3rd Oct 2008, 07:06
I think Eidos should release the angel of darkness improved with dual pistols also! That would be so awesome! I just played the demo of the game with the cheat program which enabled me to play with dual pistols! It was so fun! too bad i don't have the game for the pc so i can play it fully! Well i do but it only allows me to play only for 1 hour!:(

I think AOD should have better controls this time around, so I can jump without dying a million times. :D :And I would like to be able to move, not move so slow, while trying to walk. Just AOD needs to be updated to play like the newer games, wow then I would really love AOD then. It's a cool game, just the controls suck is all. I did beat the game but it took me awhile. I think why people discuss this a lot is because AOD is really a cool game to play and they want better controls, so they can play the game without dying so many times. Like who has that much patience?

rg_001100
3rd Oct 2008, 08:36
Who would develop it?
AoD went down as a failure in the history of Tomb Raider, maybe not to the fans, but to the general public. It's not something a game development studio would want to take up.
Along with this, who would the target audience be? Anyone who isn't a (Core) TR fan wouldn't really want to buy it. Making a game with such a small/exclusive target audience isn't something a game developer, let alone the publisher, would like to do. Because of the cost of making next-gen games, (and it would have to be next-gen quality), there's no way it could profit. Realistically, there are too many dark memories (and opinions) for enough people to want to purchase it.
Even if it made development, the developer would most likely be new to either the Tomb Raider series, or next-gen game development. In the case of the former, there're not going to be able to satisfy the gameplay thirsts of the Core TR fans who would buy it, and of the latter, then the most likely scenario is just AoD remade as it was.
Crystal Dynamics would be the best studio in position to make the game, but they have no need to. They've already got a decent storyline in place, they don't need to re-visit what Core Design did. Forcing them to remake a 'failure' in the TR series just to comply with the wishes of a few people doesn't make sense either. (lack of profitability).

_Tomb_Raider_
3rd Oct 2008, 13:32
You can download TRAODSCU and then you will be able to play TRAOD whir dual pistol!:)

MissJess
3rd Oct 2008, 20:08
I own it on ps2 and loved it so i don't know what your talking about i have had it for 3 years nowUh huh... :1

Rachie
3rd Oct 2008, 20:11
Who would develop it?
AoD went down as a failure in the history of Tomb Raider, maybe not to the fans, but to the general public. It's not something a game development studio would want to take up.
Along with this, who would the target audience be? Anyone who isn't a (Core) TR fan wouldn't really want to buy it. Making a game with such a small/exclusive target audience isn't something a game developer, let alone the publisher, would like to do. Because of the cost of making next-gen games, (and it would have to be next-gen quality), there's no way it could profit. Realistically, there are too many dark memories (and opinions) for enough people to want to purchase it.
Even if it made development, the developer would most likely be new to either the Tomb Raider series, or next-gen game development. In the case of the former, there're not going to be able to satisfy the gameplay thirsts of the Core TR fans who would buy it, and of the latter, then the most likely scenario is just AoD remade as it was.
Crystal Dynamics would be the best studio in position to make the game, but they have no need to. They've already got a decent storyline in place, they don't need to re-visit what Core Design did. Forcing them to remake a 'failure' in the TR series just to comply with the wishes of a few people doesn't make sense either. (lack of profitability).

That's it in a nutshell.

little miss Ju
3rd Oct 2008, 20:18
omg arent there enough of these bloody AOD threads?! OK a bunch of people want it released but pretty much all of them know it's not gonna happen no matter how much they want it and there are already about 6 of these AOD threads. Just check stuff before you post a new thread to save from clogging up the forums people.

Haylee
7th Oct 2008, 11:37
AOD SUCKED

sorry, had to get that out, in my little three posts I have mentioned that I hate Angel of Darkness.

Also, it ~disgusts~ me that it is in with "classics"

O.O