PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream.

AaronJ
2nd Oct 2008, 18:33
Last night, I had a vivid dream that the DX3 launch happened early. It was set like 100 years into the future, the color scheme was the same, and it looked really awesome. The developers made jokes about how funny it was that there was even prequel talk in the first place.

Just wanted everyone to know that.

(oh, and in b4 "lol dx3 dreams get more friends")

imported_van_HellSing
2nd Oct 2008, 19:04
I also had a dream that it was a sequel. I woke up almost screaming. Unified ammo, sterile Star Trekkish universe...

Thankfully, I realised that all the previous times when I dreamt about an upcoming games, the games turned out vastly different.

general kane
2nd Oct 2008, 19:11
this doesent look good :) .

anyways i am a bit worried that the game might not work as we all want it to , i am going to have nightmares now :mad2: .

3nails4you
2nd Oct 2008, 19:39
Sounded more like a nightmare than a dream to me.

(I really want a prequel).

super...
2nd Oct 2008, 20:14
I want to continue the story. I actually think IW was a good game, while the game play was not quite as good as DX1 the story and setting was all there (well it did lack massive areas)

was i the only one who thought betting on greesle fights was fun?

I very much enjoyed meeting with characters in DX1 who had grown in DX2. I also want to see what happened after most of the world was subjected to nano augs, imagine the kind of fights you would be able to have if there were more augmented people around. There are all kinds of good stories to be told after DX2.

DX2 was very ambitious and in that ambition they lost sight of some things, the game suffered for it but it allows player freedom that is not even possible in DX1.

René
2nd Oct 2008, 20:18
It won't be long now...

imported_van_HellSing
2nd Oct 2008, 20:24
Aha! A clear reference to a prequel!

"It won't be long now..." before the future depicted in Deus Ex 3 comes to fruition.

...or, could it mean that the game will be short? OH SNAP!

:rasp:

El_Bel
2nd Oct 2008, 20:33
Oh, come on Rene. Toss as a bone!!! For being faithful, patience and ****.. Please?:D

K^2
2nd Oct 2008, 21:05
Ah, the lesser known, "I had a dream..." speech.

I try not to think about it anymore. I know I'll be wrong, so I'll just wait another week and then know exactly what's what.

René
3rd Oct 2008, 01:04
Oh, come on Rene. Toss as a bone!!! For being faithful, patience and ****.. Please?:D

And risk my life!? You saw what PC Zone editors (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/30/rps-criminal-acts-special-deus-ex-3-break-in/) do to people!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/sept08/deusex11.jpg

JerichoMccoy
3rd Oct 2008, 01:31
See? We did not "see" anything... :whistle:

So it's Oct. 9th eh? Damn, all this time I thought it was the 3rd for some reason.

K^2
3rd Oct 2008, 02:29
And risk my life!? You saw what PC Zone editors (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/30/rps-criminal-acts-special-deus-ex-3-break-in/) do to people!
We can protect you, René. We'll give you a new identity in a new city. They'll never find you. Just tell us what you know.

Romeo
3rd Oct 2008, 03:00
...Yeah, but then you'd have to sever his contact from Eidos (the obvious link) making him useless for information mongering.

I had a dream. Then I woke up and had peanut butter and Monster Energy for breakfast.

FrankCSIS
3rd Oct 2008, 03:05
We can protect you, René. We'll give you a new identity in a new city. They'll never find you. Just tell us what you know.

As a Canadian federal agent I can honour that promise and extend it to anyone involved at Eidos Montreal ;)

I'm looking at you night shift janitor!

Romeo
3rd Oct 2008, 03:07
No, worrying about their safety would cause countless unnecessary delays. After it ships, let them worry about looking over their shoulder. =D

K^2
3rd Oct 2008, 04:18
As long as general manager's e-mail password isn't sdastous, I don't think there are serious security concerns for Eidos-Montreal.

Romeo
3rd Oct 2008, 04:28
Or password.

"If you're from command, then you'd know what our top secret codeword is!"
"Right, one sec. Your codeword is... Codeword?"
"Dangnabbit."
"Sir I told you we should've changed the codeword to something other than codeword."

Larington
3rd Oct 2008, 06:30
For some reason I'm starting to get this sense that it will be open world to at least some extent. Not long before I find out if thats correct.

I don't honestly care if its prequel, midquel or sequel, because I can see all of them working as a game.

Its how the world and everything in it is built into the game that I'm curious about.

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 07:29
I also think the world will be open to some extent for some reason.

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Oct 2008, 07:45
For some reason I think I know that reason.

IH-Denton
3rd Oct 2008, 08:24
I don't care about too, but it damn intriguigly (= In my opinion it should be a prequel. Because of trailer that we all saw last year. In DX3 we will see cyber-augmented world (and maybe a bit of nano)

K^2
3rd Oct 2008, 08:35
I also think the world will be open to some extent for some reason.
But have you reasoned out whether that reason is reasonable?

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 09:19
I have no reason to reason out whether or not it is reasonable.

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Oct 2008, 14:20
I see no reason the IW treason should ever be forgot.

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 15:47
Because it is a thing of the past and there are better things on the horizon.

AaronJ
3rd Oct 2008, 17:00
Somehow, a free-roam midquel provides an image of sorting rubble. And that's all.

K^2
3rd Oct 2008, 19:09
Somehow, a free-roam midquel provides an image of sorting rubble. And that's all.
Worked for Fallout.

Romeo
4th Oct 2008, 01:35
And Oblivion, and Morrowind, and Mass Effect. Many RPGs do quite well with the open-ended mechanic. I just wonder if it's possible to perform with Deus Ex 3's style... as they try to always offer multiple solutions to a problem, however, if you change the way the problem is encountered, sometimes you eliminate the possible solutions for it.

K^2
4th Oct 2008, 03:27
I meant specifically sorting through post-collapse rubble in an open ended world.