PDA

View Full Version : unplanned ships

Polarshark
2nd Oct 2008, 02:04
if in the japan campaign the history changes right?

doesn't that mean that the japan will build the 3 extra yamatos and 2 super yamatos? will that be in game?

and the montana class battleship for the USN just wondering
hope these ships do appear

in the jap campaign if everything went their way.

Arrow
2nd Oct 2008, 02:30
Well, on one hand, you've got the history nerds, who will want battles to be historically accurate. From that, we can likely infer that they won't show up in the "canon" US Campaign. They might show up in the Japanese campaign, but I think if they're really going to show up anywhere, they'll show up in multiplayer.

watty14
2nd Oct 2008, 08:31
i sugested the montannas and the super yammies but i got shut down pretty quick, but i hope they have the devs put it in :thumbsup:

It3llig3nc3
2nd Oct 2008, 11:12
This is interesting.
There is a lot of "WHAT IF" once you open up the debate for changing the history.

I do not know what the DEVs are planning on this, however I guess that for simple economical reason they won't build or create too many extra unit types.

Also if you think it over the "Japanese win" scenario clearly can not be that they beat the United States and rule the Pacific. Japan wanted to settle with US and split the resource supplies available in the Pacific and Asia.
The Japanese campaign planned to be short and decisive to force the US to settle with them. If it was me who designs the Japanese campaign in the game I would use this storyline - starting with Pearl Harbor and of course a second strike that never happened in real to destroy the CVs :)

For me the Japanese "win" campaign is a series of quick battles where their planned surprise setups are working well, and they manage to destroy the key US forces. This could be a very action packed campaign with tactical elements for the strategic mind. :) We will see...
Given the fact that this scenario assumes maximum 1 year war duration (as Yamamoto wanted originally) I really doubt the Japanese would have had the time to build any new technology...

Arrow
2nd Oct 2008, 11:19
I made some other suggestions too, like shooting down the Enola Gay. If by some fluke the bomb survived, the Japanese could use it or reverse-engineer it and use it on the US. A more realistic solution though is that they destroy the oil facilities at Pearl - and, of course, the destruction of the American CVs earlier on. The American CVs weren't, however, at Pearl.

It3llig3nc3
2nd Oct 2008, 11:35
The American CVs weren't, however, at Pearl.

No they were not - however they were not too far either. RECON RECON RECON :D

watty14
2nd Oct 2008, 11:49
i think that bsp should hav a option where you can creat the story, say you are the japs, you launch the pearl attack and you destroy the fuel leaving the enemy cripled, how ever next time you play you dont destroy it and the campain is totally different, sorta like a choose your own thing..? i think thatd be great, to late to suggest tho

crazyhorse128
2nd Oct 2008, 14:21
RECON RECON RECON :D

CONSPIRACY CONSPIRACY CONSPIRACY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_advance-knowledge_debate) :thumbsup:

It3llig3nc3
2nd Oct 2008, 18:42
i think that bsp should hav a option where you can creat the story, say you are the japs, you launch the pearl attack and you destroy the fuel leaving the enemy cripled, how ever next time you play you dont destroy it and the campain is totally different, sorta like a choose your own thing..? i think thatd be great, to late to suggest tho

Man, you really need to try out PACIFIC STORM - ALLIES if you want a such flexible world and set of events...

Arrow
2nd Oct 2008, 19:31
I never have encountered any sort of game with that much flexibility. Perhaps the only one is Clock Tower, which has literally eight different endings based on the actions you take in the game. However, Clock Tower is a horror/survival RPG with an emphasis on character development and horrifying discoveries - I haven't encountered ANY WW2 game that has as many endings as that.

watty14
3rd Oct 2008, 00:13
- I haven't encountered ANY WW2 game that has as many endings as that.

neither have i, which would make it good IMO

Red October
3rd Oct 2008, 00:32
Think i remember seeing a video where the devs or someone talked about hypothetical ships.

Arrow
3rd Oct 2008, 00:42
One thing to keep in mind though is that this isn't an RPG. I remember hearing that they've done away with characters and whatnot, and are sticking to the conflicts themselves, so that you can actually cover more of them. While it would be interesting to say the least, I highly doubt that it will ever be implemented, simply because the Battlestations series is a series that prides itself on gameplay, not story. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't enjoy a story-driven Battlestations game, but to me, gameplay should come first and foremost; after all, it is a game.