PDA

View Full Version : RPS Criminal Acts Special: Deus Ex 3 Break-In

René
30th Sep 2008, 12:37
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/30/rps-criminal-acts-special-deus-ex-3-break-in/

Rock Paper Shotgun has gotten into some silliness, but it makes for a fun read!

"There’s been some complaints that games journalism is lacking hard-hitting investigative journalism. With the news that PC Zone’s forthcoming 200th issue will be the first public unveiling of Deus Ex 3, I saw the opportunity to change all that. I know where PC Zone’s London office is. I’m a skilled veteran of many immersive sims. And I have a trenchcoat and can easily buy a pair of shades.

I can break into PC Zone’s office and steal their assets!"

3nails4you
30th Sep 2008, 12:46
LOL 0451. Love it.

I played the game at age 10 when it first came out, and when I found it and began playing again about 6 years later, I was so proud of myself for remembering 0451.

Larington
30th Sep 2008, 13:24
I definately like the 'TWONK!' sequence.

Oh and the lines below are probably a reference to this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/29/rps-demands-10-things-all-pc-games-should-do/

“What’s the Quicksave key?”
TWONK!
“Quickload?”
TWONK!

minus0ne
30th Sep 2008, 23:05
LOL 0451. Love it.

I played the game at age 10 when it first came out, and when I found it and began playing again about 6 years later, I was so proud of myself for remembering 0451.
At the risk of saying the obvious: you know it's a reference to a little sci-fi movie called Fahrenheit 451?

Anyway, very funny article, must read for any DX fan :p

I’m within one and a half metres of the world’s first Deus Ex 3 shots. I trust that those in the DX community with those photo-analytic tools they use in Bladerunner will use enhancement software to change the angle to the other side and allow us to examine it. That’ll be well fancy.

My Bladerunner photoanalyser3000 prototype is currently limited to fancy zooming technology only:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee128/minus0ne2006/dx3zomg.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee128/minus0ne2006/dx3zomg2.jpg

All attempts to analyse and remove the pesky game journalist's hand have failed, but I have been able to surmise the screenshot looks like DAY-TIME! And... and... it looks almost sunny :eek: Blasphemy! Eidos Montreal have betrayed us! :p

Well either that or that LCD monitor has a very limited viewing angle, making a night time screen look like day time :nut: (I doubt it, though).

Anyway, ROFLMAO.

3nails4you
30th Sep 2008, 23:34
At the risk of saying the obvious: you know it's a reference to a little sci-fi movie called Fahrenheit 451?

Fahrenheit 451 is actually a book by Ray Bradbury...movie later...also, it's actually a reference to System Shock, where the 1st door code was 451. That was a reference to Fahrenheit 451.

JerichoMccoy
1st Oct 2008, 00:59
My Bladerunner photoanalyser3000 prototype is currently limited to fancy zooming technology only:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee128/minus0ne2006/dx3zomg.jpg

I. NEED. ONE. NOW.

Romeo
1st Oct 2008, 03:04
I could've sworn it was a reference to the password to the cargo bin outside UNATCO HQ... lol

minus0ne
1st Oct 2008, 03:39
Fahrenheit 451 is actually a book by Ray Bradbury...movie later...also, it's actually a reference to System Shock, where the 1st door code was 451. That was a reference to Fahrenheit 451.
Right, being somewhat of a sci-fi films geek, I know it from the movie :p It's just about the only door code I always remember upon replays (or isn't there a '1984' doorcode somewhere?).

SemiAnonymous
1st Oct 2008, 03:50
To be perfectly honest, I wished they used 3316, that one has a slight special meaning to me. Excellent article nonetheless, I'm bookmarking that, and saving it forever. I love whoever wrote it.

DXeXodus
1st Oct 2008, 03:50
...but I have been able to surmise the screenshot looks like DAY-TIME!

Or... there are flash grenades in DX3 hehe!! OMG!! :D

SemiAnonymous
1st Oct 2008, 03:58
Or... there are flash grenades in DX3 hehe!! OMG!! :D

Or perhaps it is in a well lit room!
Like...an office building!
BREAKING INTO OFFICE BUILDINGS AND STEALING VALUABLE INFORMATION CONFIRMED!

DXeXodus
1st Oct 2008, 04:09
So then you are saying its a photo of a guy breaking into a building taking a photo of a screen which has a photo of a guy breaking into a building taking a photo of a screen which has a photo of a guy breaking into a building taking a photo of a screen?

I see! Maybe you are right. :p

El_Bel
1st Oct 2008, 11:21
Note that i guesed the first password in Deus Ex and Bioshock (0451 :rasp:) because i played System shock 2!! And it felt really good :D

3nails4you
1st Oct 2008, 14:25
I could've sworn it was a reference to the password to the cargo bin outside UNATCO HQ... lol

...these are DX forums...that was implied. We were discussing why it was the code in the game. Plus, it's a comm van. Man, we all need to get out more, lawl.:lol:

jordan_a
1st Oct 2008, 14:41
Thanks René. Which makes me think that we had something similar in mind back then do you remember? :D

0451 ^^

René
1st Oct 2008, 15:22
Thanks René. Which makes me think that we had something similar in mind back then do you remember? :D

0451 ^^

Haha, yes, I remember. :)

3nails4you
1st Oct 2008, 16:23
I think the ending of the last DX game that they make should end with your character at last emerging in daylight right after saving the world from certain destruction...epic.

Oh, and you would be playing as Paul Denton. Paul is my hero.

Romeo
1st Oct 2008, 21:51
...Only to realize it was all just a dream, and you're still late for school.

OHNOES!

AaronJ
1st Oct 2008, 22:35
lol, it's clearly a picture of an employee.

minus0ne
2nd Oct 2008, 00:24
I. NEED. ONE. NOW.
You'll have to wait till they release the Ultimate Blade Runner Special Platinum Diamond Plutonium Royal Collector's Edition, which comes with all 24 versions, and a special interpretive re-enactment by Ridley Scott, to be performed at your cyberpunk wedding with a fully 'functional' version of the replicant Rachael :D

lol, it's clearly a picture of an employee.
No, don't say that! It clearly has a hidden meaning of some kind! And we're still awaiting Blade_Runner's special video analysis :p