PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Tomb Raider Expert?

brianthedog
30th Sep 2008, 12:09
The game is simple: One user asks a question and another one tries to answer it. Then another ask another one and so on...

Let me start: How old was Lara when the plane crashed in Nepal?

Joey91
30th Sep 2008, 12:31
I think she was bout 8 or 9, I think zip said that in the Nepal level! :D:D:D

Amelii<3
30th Sep 2008, 12:53
which place is one of Laras favorite places to go to? :D

Erschad
30th Sep 2008, 12:54
How old is Lara now?

croft91
30th Sep 2008, 13:12

"Africa is among my favourite continents"
That would be Ghana in Africa. I think

_Love2Raid_
30th Sep 2008, 14:20
How old is Lara now?

Since this question hasn't been answered yet and Croft91 didn't post one:
28 ?? Well, who cares, she's eternal :D

Where did Lara go with Werner von Croy on their first journey together, when she was young?? (Boring level though, hint hint ;) )

Spong
30th Sep 2008, 14:24
How old is Lara now?
She turned 40 on Feb 14th this year.

Where did Lara go with Werner von Croy on their first journey together?
Cambodia/Angkor Wat (I think). But I wouldn't have said it was their first journey together though.

_Love2Raid_
30th Sep 2008, 14:36
Cambodia is correct yes. I thought it was their first journey, hmmmmmmm, :confused: :scratch:

Spong
30th Sep 2008, 14:39
Cambodia is correct yes. I thought it was their first journey, hmmmmmmm, :confused: :scratch:

I've never heard it referred to (in the games or elsewhere) that Lara & Von Croy's escapade in Cambodia was their first outing together. If it was, it was a bit foolhardy of Von Croy to take some kid with him.

Natla
30th Sep 2008, 14:50
In how many games has Lara been to Egypt?

LaraCroftRox
30th Sep 2008, 15:08
In how many games has Lara been to Egypt?

*Counts* 3? Including TRA. :scratch:

brianthedog
1st Oct 2008, 12:34
Don't forget to ANSWER a question before youpost a new one!

What was Lara's name, before they finally decided to name her "Lara"?

That's a tough one!

Love4LaraC1983
1st Oct 2008, 12:40
A: Her Name was supposed to be "Laura Cruz" or something along those line

Q: What Was Bartoli's First Name

crazyraider-147
1st Oct 2008, 12:51
A: Her Name was supposed to be "Laura Cruz" or something along those line

Q: What Was Bartoli's First Name

marco.

R.Does Carvier die In AOD?

brianthedog
1st Oct 2008, 12:59
Yes, the monstrum kills her.

(Hopefully! She wouldn't give me the notebook...:mad2: )

brianthedog
1st Oct 2008, 13:00
What's Lara's blood type?

Love4LaraC1983
1st Oct 2008, 13:16
Her Blood type would be???? (stab in the dark here)

A: AB (stab in the dark here)

Q: In TR2 were the monks in the temple friend or foe?

tombraidergal
1st Oct 2008, 15:45
what did she mean when nishimurasan said "what about Takamoto, where is he?" she replied "It depends on wether he woz naughty or nice" can you guys guess where she meant?

ihatemilkduds
1st Oct 2008, 20:40

Depended on whether you had a go at them or not.

What is Lara's favorite food? (old-schoolers better get this ;) )

By the way Spong, great sig.

Rai
1st Oct 2008, 22:36
What is Lara's favorite food? (old-schoolers better get this ;) )

The only food I have seen mentioned Lara likes is: Baked beans on toast.

brianthedog
3rd Oct 2008, 16:46
Is it really beans?? Well this is definately not mentioned in any official site...

_Love2Raid_
3rd Oct 2008, 16:54
I've heard/read that too, baked beans on toast. Don't know why she would like that so much. I'm not a great fan of beans, they give you gass............O.O :lol: .....:o

_Tomb_Raider_
3rd Oct 2008, 17:01
I've heard/read that too, baked beans on toast. Don't know why she would like that so much. I'm not a great fan of beans, they give you gass............O.O :lol: .....:o

:lol: :lol:

ihatemilkduds
3rd Oct 2008, 19:04
It is beans and toast. Very old profile of Lara that can be found in one of the old gaming magazines. Probably dates back to like 97 or 98, I believe.

I've had it before. It's not bad if you like baked beans. And toast.

Lo
3rd Oct 2008, 19:35
How many racks of lamb can be found hanging in the TR2 manor's walk-in freezer? ;)

*Waits for the kids to frantically load TR2 and rush to the kitchen to hit the switch* :D

_Love2Raid_
3rd Oct 2008, 19:41
DAMN! TR-2 is not installed on my laptop, so I can't check.

I'm guessing..........14??

So much time I've spent locking good old Winston up in that freezer, aaaaaaaaaaw......memories :lol:

;Marly
3rd Oct 2008, 19:58
what did she mean when nishimurasan said "what about Takamoto, where is he?" she replied "It depends on wether he woz naughty or nice" can you guys guess where she meant?

She killed takamoto, she means: if he is naughty (he is going to hell) or nice (he is going to heaven).

;Marly
3rd Oct 2008, 20:00
How many racks of lamb can be found hanging in the TR2 manor's walk-in freezer? ;)

*Waits for the kids to frantically load TR2 and rush to the kitchen to hit the switch* :D

6 or something?:scratch:

Lo
3rd Oct 2008, 20:17
6 or something?:scratch:

I'm afraid she's a little more stocked up than that ;)

Lo
3rd Oct 2008, 20:18
DAMN! TR-2 is not installed on my laptop, so I can't check.

I'm guessing..........14??

So much time I've spent locking good old Winston up in that freezer, aaaaaaaaaaw......memories :lol:

Almost, but not quite :D

_Love2Raid_
3rd Oct 2008, 20:40
13? :lol:

Katie_Fleming
3rd Oct 2008, 21:43
My guess is 16.

Ok I cheated :P

http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/tr2/tr2house3.4.jpg

Lo
3rd Oct 2008, 22:45
You didn't cheat, Katie, you took the trouble to find out ;)

You are of course correct so I guess you set the next question.

(I personally think this show would be better if we had a question at a time and once solved, the winner gets to set the next one. There's been too many questions and answers to penultimate questions all over the place) :eek:

Katie_Fleming
3rd Oct 2008, 22:54
Cool :) Ok new question.... What is Lara afraid of? And yes, there's one "official" thing ;)

Lo
3rd Oct 2008, 23:04
Cool :) Ok new question.... What is Lara afraid of? And yes, there's one "official" thing ;)

I got it! Winston after a monolithic serving of brocolli :whistle:

Where's my prize? :D

Katie_Fleming
3rd Oct 2008, 23:06
How'd you know?!?!?

:rasp:

Try again!

patorito croft
3rd Oct 2008, 23:35
oh oh oh, i know !
it's a dog!, corby dog or something like that ! :nut:

Jas_SharpShooter
4th Oct 2008, 00:01
oh oh oh, i know !
it's a dog!, corby dog or something like that ! :nut:

i think you mean "corgi" unsless there is a bread called corby that i've never heard of before.:scratch:

patorito croft
4th Oct 2008, 00:04
yes! corgi :lol:
it's the same haha

Katie_Fleming
4th Oct 2008, 06:09
Close enough ;) Her Aunt's corgi :)

Lo
4th Oct 2008, 06:27
Patorito - it's your go. ;)

Tombraiderfan66
4th Oct 2008, 07:25

africa

patorito croft
4th Oct 2008, 17:57
Patorito - it's your go. ;)

ok :D
mmmm, in wich hospital was lara born??? :D

brianthedog
4th Oct 2008, 20:55
Is there really an answer for that??:confused:
I'm impressed!!
Please don't forget to post the correct answer before you ask a new question. Just reminding....

brianthedog
4th Oct 2008, 20:58
Got it!! Surrey's Parkside Hospital!!
My god...
Now, what about telling me... How Lara met Von Croy....?

TR_genius
4th Oct 2008, 21:24
She reads an article when she was a teenager about Von Croy heading to Cambodia on an archaeological quest, she persuaded her parents to allow her to accompany him and her parents pay him. She then will have met him to travel to Cambodia but not sure because it doesn't mention that;)

patorito croft
4th Oct 2008, 23:36
Got it!! Surrey's Parkside Hospital!!
My god...
Now, what about telling me... How Lara met Von Croy....?

Oh! How did you know!? But yes, you're right :D

Erschad
9th Oct 2008, 14:13
How died Richard Croft?

Arctic
9th Oct 2008, 18:44
How died Richard Croft?

I don't think anyone knows..? :scratch:

pinkyXstary
9th Oct 2008, 20:05
If your asking about the game it was "Under unkown circumstances" that he is no longer around

If you mean the film:
He was murdered by Powell on the 15th. "Lost but never forgotten"

_Love2Raid_
9th Oct 2008, 20:08
Here's my question: In the original TR, level 2 City of Vilcabamba, the room at the very end where you have to use a key to get to the next level (different from TRA :( ), what animal does Lara encounter??

pinkyXstary
9th Oct 2008, 20:24
so the answer i posted to the question before you posted not right?:(

_Love2Raid_
9th Oct 2008, 20:38
I think your answer was correct, that's why I've posted a new question! :p

pinkyXstary
9th Oct 2008, 20:39
oh right! i thought if it was right it was my go :nut: lol silly me!

Ok i'll guess wolf?

Spong
10th Oct 2008, 03:25
In the original TR, level 2 City of Vilcabamba, the room at the very end where you have to use a key to get to the next level (different from TRA :( ), what animal does Lara encounter??

A bear ;)

_Love2Raid_
10th Oct 2008, 21:11
In the original TR, level 2 City of Vilcabamba, the room at the very end where you have to use a key to get to the next level (different from TRA :( ), what animal does Lara encounter??

A bear ;)

Yes, it's a bear!! :D

I love to finish the level without killing the bear :lol: (Very hard to enter the key when a bear is constantly pushing you away..........)

UMIST_For_Ever
11th Oct 2008, 15:39
*eagerly awaiting the next question*

Natla
11th Oct 2008, 17:09
What was Lara's mother called in the Top Cow comics?

Erschad
16th Oct 2008, 13:12
What was Lara's mother called in the Top Cow comics?
I don't know...??:confused: :confused:

Treeble
16th Oct 2008, 13:17
Andrea. :rasp:

brianthedog
17th Oct 2008, 06:21
I don't know weather treeble's answer is right. Anyway, we need a question, so allow me...

What's the reason the creators of TR made their main character a woman and not a man?

croft91
17th Oct 2008, 17:01
I don't know weather treeble's answer is right. Anyway, we need a question, so allow me...

What's the reason the creators of TR made their main character a woman and not a man?

Isn't the answer that Toby Guard just randomly thought her up as a woman? Actualy it could be because no one had ever tried it before, all the hero's of the games created in the late 80's, ealry 90's were men. I'm not sure the answer's right but it's worth a try lol

croft91
17th Oct 2008, 17:03
The next question:

What are her vital statistics?
(If this has already been asked I'm very sorry I hadn't the tym to read all three pages of this thread)

Spong
21st Oct 2008, 09:58
Bust: 34D
Waist: 24 inches
Hips: 35 inches

(taken from an old Japanese TR3 wallpaper (http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1976/tombraiderii3.jpg) I have)

brianthedog
21st Oct 2008, 13:24
Isn't the answer that Toby Guard just randomly thought her up as a woman? Actualy it could be because no one had ever tried it before, all the hero's of the games created in the late 80's, ealry 90's were men. I'm not sure the answer's right but it's worth a try lol

Sorry, wrong answer! You see, our character was male in the beginning but they changed their mind to female because.... (??)

Spong
21st Oct 2008, 15:40

I can't recall his name from the documentary (I think it was JH Smith) who stated...

"...it's just bloody Indiana Jones."

That's why they changed the main character into a woman.

brianthedog
28th Oct 2008, 14:23
Very Correct my dear...

ski2bbad
28th Oct 2008, 14:33
Her Blood type would be???? (stab in the dark here)

If you shot at them by accident they would become foe, but if you left them alone they would not cause Laura any harm.

A. What is Lara main mode of transportation in TR Legend?

Mr.Croft
28th Oct 2008, 14:44
The main mode of transportation in TR legend I believe is the Motorcycle. That or her own two feet. :]

Yes, the game creators decided to enlist monks as Neutral, only attacking when attacked.
And another thing for the other replies, when they decided the character of Tomb raider was to be a girl, they looked in the phone book to find Lara's last name, and found Croft.
No joke.

In the first level of Tomb raider 2, (The great wall) there is one textured slant, rather untextured. Can you tell me where that location is? Hint: You'll have to do a lot of jumping around the whole room, seriously! It's close by the part where Lara receives her first Key! Good luck! :]

Bonus: Can you tell me where there is an untextured tile in the Ice Palace level of Tomb raider 2? Hint: It's after you melt the ice and get the Gong in the water and kill around 3+ Yeti's on the land, you'll need a flare. Again, good luck :D

brianthedog
28th Oct 2008, 16:29
Man, I had no idea Lara could climb up there!! Well, there are 3 let's say blocks that are untextured.

They are on the left of the second "house". To reach it, you have to start climbing from the bushes that are on the line that you take the first key, on the way out.

LOL, this makes no sense.:nut: :lmao: I have a snapshot, but how can I post it here so I can prove that I found them??:confused:

little miss Ju
28th Oct 2008, 17:52
Save it and go to an image hosting site such as Photobucket or imageshack and then copy the properties of the image once it's on the net (Right click to do this) then go onto the forums and click "insert image" then in the box paste the propertis bar and voi la.

When did Lara start raiding? (how old?)

trjunepearl
28th Oct 2008, 18:19
Save it and go to an image hosting site such as Photobucket or imageshack and then copy the properties of the image once it's on the net (Right click to do this) then go onto the forums and click "insert image" then in the box paste the propertis bar and voi la.

When did Lara start raiding? (how old?)

A: well, she was born on February 14th, 1968 so if you're only counting from TR1 and not TRC TR last revelation and AoD, then in 1996, she was 28 years old, because right now she is 40 (unbelievable she looks like she's 20!). But if you ARE counting TRC, TRLR, and AoD, then...since it happened before the events of TR1....then she was about 24 or 25 years old when she started "Tomb Raiding". Before that she wouldn't have been able to raid tombs (yet!) because she was at Swiss Finishing School (college). Sooooo....I hope that answers this question! :nut:
ohhh, and I almost forgot the next question:

Q: hmmm...what's a good one.......umm, what education/school did Lara have when she was 10 years old??

trjunepearl
28th Oct 2008, 18:26
ok :D
mmmm, in wich hospital was lara born??? :D

Surrey's Parkside Hospital, London, England on February 14th, 1968 :)

trjunepearl
28th Oct 2008, 18:28
How old is Lara now?

40 years old.

trjunepearl
28th Oct 2008, 18:31
The game is simple: One user asks a question and another one tries to answer it. Then another ask another one and so on...

Let me start: How old was Lara when the plane crashed in Nepal?

Lara was 8 years old when she and her mother crashed in Nepal, and 10 years later, that's when her father died as well (just for the record :nut: )

trjunepearl
28th Oct 2008, 18:35
Don't forget to ANSWER a question before youpost a new one!

What was Lara's name, before they finally decided to name her "Lara"?

That's a tough one!

Yea, Love4LaraC was right. Her name was originally supposed to be Laura Cruz, according to the director of the games back in 2001 when Tomb Raider the movie came out. They changed it to Lara Croft because Laura Cruz sounded too American, and they loved the aspect of their British nationality or something so they decided on Lara Croft (and boy am I glad they did!!) :rasp: .

trjunepearl
28th Oct 2008, 18:43
How died Richard Croft?

Well....it doesn't say in any of the games, but in the movie he was shot in the head by Powell, they thought he was "missing in the field" but Lara uncovers that that is not the case. That's the only answer to that question I've heard, I don't know if that's really it though :rasp: . ooh--and just for the heck of it--Lara was 18 years old when Richard died, and I think it was on May 15th or somethin. yeah...... :nut:

Mr.Croft
28th Oct 2008, 20:06
Man, I had no idea Lara could climb up there!! Well, there are 3 let's say blocks that are untextured.

They are on the left of the second "house". To reach it, you have to start climbing from the bushes that are on the line that you take the first key, on the way out.

LOL, this makes no sense.:nut: :lmao: I have a snapshot, but how can I post it here so I can prove that I found them??:confused:

Don't worry I know what you are talking about and you are correct haha!
The bonus is an untextured tile by a corner where it's just pitch black, it's a split room, on the left side in a corner, hard to explain but you did a good job at finding the first one! :]

Mr.Croft
28th Oct 2008, 20:14
Q: In TR4 Cutscene, when Lara is racing the jeep to reach her friend to research about the Amulet of Set I believe, you are given a glimpse at Von Croy's Liscense plate number, what is the 6 numbers on his car?

Hint: This can easily be found out by checking out a clip on Youtube and pausing the clip.

MissCroft88
28th Oct 2008, 20:26
Q: In TR4 Cutscene, when Lara is racing the jeep to reach her friend to research about the Amulet of Set I believe, you are given a glimpse at Von Croy's Liscense plate number, what is the 6 numbers on his car?

Hint: This can easily be found out by checking out a clip on Youtube and pausing the clip.

Can't see it good enought but i think they are - 554235. :p

Q: In what game Lara says "I make my own luck" and to who??

leo_croft
28th Oct 2008, 21:04
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mr.Croft
28th Oct 2008, 21:18
Can't see it good enought but i think they are - 554235. :p

Q: In what game Lara says "I make my own luck" and to who??

TR4? When talking to Jean Yves in the library?
I have no clue. Von croy? Eh.

brianthedog
1st Nov 2008, 13:31
TR4? When talking to Jean Yves in the library?

I'm pretty sure you are right. Damn... TR4 doesn't run on my PC (vista OS) and I haven't played it for a while... But What I remember of you are right... I guess it's your turn to ask a question...

a_big_house
1st Nov 2008, 13:55
wow this is boring

brianthedog
1st Nov 2008, 14:59
There are 4 pages so far so allow me to disagree. You are free not to read any of this as well as to say your opinion, of course. Anyway, let us continue... I guess Mr. Croft is to ask something.

brianthedog
8th Nov 2008, 12:25
Let's try an easy one now...

Where is Lara's mansion located? The one in TR1-5.