PDA

View Full Version : Pre: Fan Contest

Romeo
29th Sep 2008, 19:59
This is more or less a sign up sheet, as we're going to be doing a fan-fare contest when the new information is released. Leave a note here if you want to be in it, as the the contest will be closed to new entries once it starts. There's two options to compete in, a funny caption contest, for you snarky bunch, and a funny photoshopping contest for the illustrative comics. Any offensive will be deleted when the contest happens, so keep things classy, and good luck. Be sure to thank Rene and DXeXodus when you get the chance, without either of them, you'd all be forgotten and enslaved. lol

Caption Contest: El Bel, K^2, SemiAnonymous, Rhailbus, JerichoMccoy, MrsP, Azrepheal, WindexChugger, ThatDeadDude, Nathan2000, Absenstia, Mindmute, Apollonius, Gamer004, Harakiribert, Van HellSing, SpyHopping, MrP, Malah, BinaryBoy, J.CDenton, Necros, Minusone, Kaze103, Kieranator, Igoe, Ihsan Inspector #9, Rynn Taylor, V.dog, Firebird

Photoshop Contest: K^2, Rhailbus, MrsP, Azrepheal, ThatDeadDude, Nathan2000, Gamer004, Van Hellsing, MrP, Malah, Minusone, Kieranator, Ihsan, Spyhopping, Rynn Taylor, V.dog, Firebird

El_Bel
29th Sep 2008, 20:16
Count me in for the funny caption contest :D But i was hoping for more categories..

K^2
29th Sep 2008, 20:39
Can we participate in both? Otherwise, count me in for caption.

SemiAnonymous
29th Sep 2008, 22:17
In for the caption contest

rhalibus
29th Sep 2008, 23:34
Put me down for both if possible...:)

JerichoMccoy
29th Sep 2008, 23:43
Put me down for A) Funny Caption Contest.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Sep 2008, 00:27
Oooh, ooooh!!! :eek:

Count me in! :cool:

Interested in both if that is allowed?
If not, I'll go for the funny caption contest. :thumbsup:

DXeXodus
30th Sep 2008, 03:44
I think participation in both is acceptable. However, you may only win one category. The prizes for each category shall be equal. This is of course subject to how Romeo and Rene feel about it, but I think it will work fine. We as mods might also take part, but purely for fun.

Azrepheal
30th Sep 2008, 08:25
Wiie! Sign me up for everything!

WindexChugger
30th Sep 2008, 11:31
I'm in for funny caption!

ThatDeadDude
30th Sep 2008, 12:14
Ooo... put me down. My photoshopping sucks but I'm willing to give both of em a go...

Nathan2000
30th Sep 2008, 12:39
I'm in. Sign me up for both.

Absentia
30th Sep 2008, 14:24
Caption contest! Yes please

Mindmute
30th Sep 2008, 23:58
I'd like to sign up for the funny caption contest.

(I take no responsability for the level or lack of funny in the caption(s) submitted.)

Romeo
1st Oct 2008, 03:09
I think participation in both is acceptable. However, you may only win one category. The prizes for each category shall be equal. This is of course subject to how Romeo and Rene feel about it, but I think it will work fine. We as mods might also take part, but purely for fun.
Yeah, I think that sounds about fair.

Ooo... put me down. My photoshopping sucks but I'm willing to give both of em a go...
Don't worry about the quality, just make sure it's a good chuckle. =)

DXeXodus
1st Oct 2008, 03:46
We have spoken to Rene, and it looks like we may be able to wangle something in terms of prizes. :cool:

But, we are not making any official promises yet, and if we do have prizes, then they may only be small.

Apollonius
1st Oct 2008, 07:34
Sweet! count me in for caption contest! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Oct 2008, 07:49
We have spoken to Rene, and it looks like we may be able to wangle something in terms of prizes. :cool:

But, we are not making any official promises yet, and if we do have prizes, then they may only be small.

No problems. :)
The prize could be as small as an Eidos badge.... just make sure the cookies are HUGE! :p

:D

DXeXodus
1st Oct 2008, 08:54
Haha... Well, we hoping to organize an Eidos goodie bag of sorts for each of the winners, but we will see what we can do. :D

Here is that Candy bar I owe you (Freshly made):

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/DXeXodus/EidosCandybar.jpg

It is endorsed by the National trans-humanist society, and has been meat free since 2053, for all you vegetarians and vegans out there. :D

gamer0004
1st Oct 2008, 10:29
Count me in for both... Not that I'm good at either of them but it's worth a shot ;)

Harakiribert
1st Oct 2008, 19:58
I'm in for the Caption Contest!

imported_van_HellSing
1st Oct 2008, 20:29
Both here.

BRING IT ON!

DXeXodus
2nd Oct 2008, 03:55
Well, the info is arriving in a week so the competition will be underway soon. :)

Spyhopping
2nd Oct 2008, 11:16
caption contest please!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Oct 2008, 11:41
Haha... Well, we hoping to organize an Eidos goodie bag of sorts for each of the winners, but we will see what we can do. :D

Here is that Candy bar I owe you (Freshly made):

It is endorsed by the National trans-humanist society, and has been meat free since 2053, for all you vegetarians and vegans out there. :D

Wow, I didn't even know you owed me a candy bar... :o
Totally vegetarian too, awesome! :cool:
Thank you very much.

*munch* *munch*

Well, the info is arriving in a week so the competition will be underway soon. :)

OMG, can't wait! :D

DXeXodus
2nd Oct 2008, 12:29
Me neither! Well, I can wait in the sense that my job here is going to get a lot tougher here, but apart from that..... :thumbsup:

MrP
2nd Oct 2008, 23:00
Sign me up for both too, please.

Romeo
3rd Oct 2008, 03:09
I'm all over it. I take it you're MadameP's counterpart?

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 04:05
Sign me up for both too, please.

OMG there is another one!

Maybe he has come to make sure we are leaving MrsP alone.

I swear I didn't give her that cookie and chocolate bar.
It was Romeo.

Romeo
3rd Oct 2008, 04:14
Sure, blame it on the guy who's name implies he'd be a sweetheart and give things to the females here. REAL MATURE EXODUS.

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 05:14
Exactly! Your name is perfect for me blame shift :D

Romeo
3rd Oct 2008, 05:56
I need a new agent...

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 07:37
OK, well, the mods have pretty much come to consensus with regards to how the competition will be run and what the rules will be. Look out for a new thread around the 9th of October with all the details and competition images.

And by the way, it looks like we may be able to organize some pretty nifty prizes for the two respective winners. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Oct 2008, 08:03
OMG there is another one!

Maybe he has come to make sure we are leaving MrsP alone.

I swear I didn't give her that cookie and chocolate bar.
It was Romeo.

MrP is the counterpart, yes. :)

I just hope other members here don't think it is "me" registering under a different name in order to enter the contest and increase my chances of winning. :whistle:

No, seriously... we have two individual people here, so no cheating going on. :p

LOL @ you guys getting on the defensive. :D
It's okay about feeding me Eidos cookies and candy bars - it was never construed as any form of bribery.

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 09:02
Well, hello MrP. Welcome to our forums. We know that MrsP is only using you so that she can enter this competition twice. :D

DXeXodus
3rd Oct 2008, 10:48
I know.. A double post! By a Mod! The world is coming to an end...

But this is important!

You may only enter the competition if you have signed up HERE!
No late signing up will be accepted.

So if you want to take part in the fan competition, state which one (or both) of the categories you would like to take part in.

Make sure that your name is in Romeo's list in the original post. If it is not (and you applied a while ago) then PM him.

Don't cry when it is too late. :D

DXe :thumbsup:

Malah
3rd Oct 2008, 12:43
I have been around since the original forum was put online, so I'm not new, I have been keeping a close eye on things from the beginning. :)

I would like to take part in both events. =)

MrP
3rd Oct 2008, 16:58
Well, hello MrP. Welcome to our forums. We know that MrsP is only using you so that she can enter this competition twice. :D
*/me waves baseball bat at Romeo* http://www.wizdforums.co.uk/images/smilies/bat.gif :D

Well, it was either that or get roped into doing the photoshop for her... :whistle:
Cheers for the welcome. Looking forward to the comp. :thumbsup:

[edit] Hey, I just realised... if MrsP wins the caption comp and I win the photoshop, you can save on postage! *nudge, nudge; wink, wink*

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Oct 2008, 19:57
^
Shameful bribery... I play no part in this suggestion. :o

Romeo
4th Oct 2008, 01:25
I think I'll just save myself some time and ban every user who's name starts with the letters "mr" and and with "p". =D

Kidding. Of course...

K^2
4th Oct 2008, 03:31
They'll just re-register as Herr and Frau something or other. By the time you sort through all possible titles and honorifics, it won't even matter anymore.

binaryboy
4th Oct 2008, 09:43
Leave a note here if you want to be in it, as the the contest will be closed to new entries once it starts.

Add me to the caption contest please.

Be sure to thank Rene and DXeXodus when you get the chance, without either of them, you'd all be forgotten and enslaved. lol

Thanks, guys!

J.CDenton
4th Oct 2008, 13:27
I'll try the funny caption. :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Oct 2008, 13:31
Is there an appx launch date and a closing date?

Only, I'm away from home between 13th and 16th October... so please don't ruin my chances for me. :p

LOL :D

Nathan2000
4th Oct 2008, 19:38
Is there an appx launch date and a closing date?

Only, I'm away from home between 13th and 16th October... so please don't ruin my chances for me. :p

Less competition, hehe...:rolleyes:

binaryboy
4th Oct 2008, 20:26
The 14th and 15th are good for me.

Romeo
5th Oct 2008, 07:17
You should here something from DXexodus soon, I know he's been hard at work contacting Rene and myself to establish the official rules and whatnot. And the registration will be closed on the 9th. Following that you'll have one week to create whatever you have to (if you're in both, you'll have to work twice as hard in order to get twice the options to win). The rest of the rules are eXodus' domain. =)

Igoe
5th Oct 2008, 08:30
Yay! I love a good challenge!

Bring it on!!!

Romeo
5th Oct 2008, 21:42
Giving a quick bump and reminding everyone who hasn't signed up the registration will be closed soon, so apply now!

Necros
6th Oct 2008, 05:19
If people from other countries can join too, sign me up for funny captions! :D

DXeXodus
6th Oct 2008, 05:20
OK, so competition rules are almost finalized. Also, just want to drop a quick tease in here:

The two prizes are made of unadulterated awesome! Thanks Rene.
Stay tuned for more :)

If people from other countries can join too......

Dude, of course. I'm from Cape Town and I'm a mod (poor me). So I'd say you can join the competition :D

K^2
6th Oct 2008, 05:38
Dude, of course. I'm from Cape Town and I'm a mod (poor me).
That's probably the most remote location in the world from Montreal. Either that or some part of Australia. I'm not sure which will be closer to direct line under Montreal.

Necros
6th Oct 2008, 06:29
Dude, of course.
Cool. :thumbsup: Just wanted to be sure because many other contests require you to live in the US, UK or wherever the dev. team is located, in this case Canada. I'm glad you guys aren't excluding anyone. :)
Last year I won a little something from Irrational Games (now 2K Boston...). :cool: Though they didn't send me the cool pen I chose but an Xbox360 faceplate, and I don't have a console. :D It looks good, on the shelf... :D

DXeXodus
6th Oct 2008, 06:39
Yeah, it is only going to an unofficial competition, but the prizes are going to be fantastic. Just wait and see.

minus0ne
6th Oct 2008, 07:19
Count me in for both, though I'm not sure if I'll have the time (depending on when it starts and ends), but if that's the case, I'll drop a line saying so.

Romeo
6th Oct 2008, 08:15
Cool. :thumbsup: Just wanted to be sure because many other contests require you to live in the US, UK or wherever the dev. team is located, in this case Canada. I'm glad you guys aren't excluding anyone. :)
Last year I won a little something from Irrational Games (now 2K Boston...). :cool: Though they didn't send me the cool pen I chose but an Xbox360 faceplate, and I don't have a console. :D It looks good, on the shelf... :D
LOL! Way to go, you are definately cool in my books, brother.

Kaze103
6th Oct 2008, 14:55
Mindmute asked (Read: Ordered) me to sign up for the caption contest.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Oct 2008, 15:18
OK, so competition rules are almost finalized. Also, just want to drop a quick tease in here:

The two prizes are made of unadulterated awesome! Thanks Rene.
Stay tuned for more :)

My mind races with excitement... imaginative thought becomes overwhelmed by the scope of possibility... that warm, tingling sensation of sheer anticipation enters my entire being.
I lose balance, intoxicated and giddy from what has been suggested... :cool:

OMG, wonder what the prizes will be!!! :eek:

Damn, I gotta win! :p :p :p

DXeXodus
7th Oct 2008, 05:36
It's going to be awesome. we are of course going to have our share of whiners and people who disagree with almost every aspect of the competition, but that is to be expected. Everyone must just try and have fun. :thumbsup:

(But seriously, I would do many humiliating things for one of the prizes)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Oct 2008, 05:44
I would do many humiliating things for one of the prizes)

Jerion
7th Oct 2008, 06:18
I'm in for both if we can still enter. :)

DXeXodus
7th Oct 2008, 08:28
Entries will be accepted for a few days still. The competition will most likely start on Monday 13th October. (This coming Monday). This thread will close at the same time and from that point on we will not take anymore entries.

So if you want to enter. Do so ASAP. :)

Ihsan
7th Oct 2008, 08:40
Well i'll give it a shot, on both catagories. Not sure how ill go, but hey, gotta be in it to win it :p

DXeXodus
7th Oct 2008, 08:42
Exactly! And the prizes are awesome, so it is definitely worth a shot.

Inspector #9
7th Oct 2008, 08:57
Caption Contest?

Count me in.

Spyhopping
7th Oct 2008, 17:08
I've already applied for the caption contest, but I'd like to sign up for the other one too. I just had this vision that I'd come up with a great photoshop idea and not be able to enter it!

LGS
8th Oct 2008, 01:30
Count me in for Photoshop contest please!

piippo
8th Oct 2008, 01:53
Sure, count me in on A) Funny Caption Contest.

Dead-Eye
8th Oct 2008, 02:56
Sign me up. I got some funny ideas.

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 04:25
Great! Glad to see so much interest. The competition will probably go live around Monday or Tuesday next week.

rynn taylor
8th Oct 2008, 08:54
I have been eagerly reading this forum for a while now but only registered today. So a big hello to everyone and please put me down for both contests.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 09:05
Great! Glad to see so much interest. The competition will probably go live around Monday or Tuesday next week.

Damn, and I'm travelling to London and away at a concert on these days! :eek:

This must be the only time EVER, that I'll be eager to actually return home after a fun event. :p

Gotta ask, but any idea what the deadline date is for entries? If its only a week, that means I get four days, lol. :o

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 17:03
We are not too sure MrsP, we plan on running the competition for about a week. We can play it by ear though. We will give atleast two days notice before the closing of entry submissions though so don't worry about missing out :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Oct 2008, 17:28
No problems, thank you for the reassurance. :)

v.dog
8th Oct 2008, 20:34
Count me in for both, please. :)

Firebird
9th Oct 2008, 04:40
Sign me up for both categories please!

Can't wait!

DXeXodus
9th Oct 2008, 04:46
OK well, we have finalized the competition rules and have decided how we are going to run it. Expect it to go live early next week. :thumbsup:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Oct 2008, 06:20
OK well, we have finalized the competition rules and have decided how we are going to run it. Expect it to go live early next week. :thumbsup:

Woooooot! I can't wait....

Early next week, does that mean Wednesday?
At least I'm travelling back home on that day. :p

Romeo
9th Oct 2008, 06:26
Well, we were actually thinking of sometime next week... (I'll answer on his behalf. No idea when it starts). lol

DXeXodus
9th Oct 2008, 06:58
It will probably start on Monday or Tuesday, but you will have plenty of time to do make your entry MrsP.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Oct 2008, 07:24
It will probably start on Monday or Tuesday, but you will have plenty of time to do make your entry MrsP.

Well, that's still two days short of thinking up a genius punchline! :p

No problems though, I'll locate an internet cafe and view the contest details that way. :thumbsup:

DXeXodus
9th Oct 2008, 07:27
Great. Look out for a new sticky thread early next week with all the juicy details in.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 07:58
That's 3 or 4 days from now, yeah?

Counting.... :cool:

DXeXodus
10th Oct 2008, 09:54
Yip. I am really looking forward to it now. Can't wait to tell you guys about the prizes :)

One last warning to avoid unhappiness next week: Only those who have signed up here may enter the competition.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 16:06
Can't wait to tell you guys about the prizes :)

Ditto! :)

Let me guess now, mmmmm. :scratch:

Surely the first prize is an all-expenses-paid VIP trip to Montreal to visit the studio?!? :eek:

Oooooh, sound PERFECT to me! :cool: :cool:

:D

Algarys
10th Oct 2008, 16:29
Hi there! I'm new here so, hi everyone ^^
I would like to participate to the photoshop contest please :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 16:37
Welcome Algarys. :)

Were you somehow drawn to the grand prize offering, hehe? :p
Please note, I'm just making it up. ;)

Good luck in the contest. :thumbsup:

Algarys
10th Oct 2008, 16:54
Thanks !
Huhu, well, the mention of a great prize removed any of my hesitations! Let’s try ! =D

Mr. Perfect
10th Oct 2008, 21:10
Is this closed now, or is there still time to jump into these contests?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Oct 2008, 21:30
I don't think signing up has closed, no. :)

So, you're in with a chance... and good luck to you. :cool:

R.M.
11th Oct 2008, 20:45
I'd love to be in the caption contest. Ah, that's going to be so awesome!! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Oct 2008, 04:20
Just found out my hotel offers internet access, sorted! :thumbsup:

Will log in when I get there and keep watch for the launch. :)

DXeXodus
13th Oct 2008, 04:39
Entries are still open until this thread closes. Could be today sometime.

imported_van_HellSing
13th Oct 2008, 04:49
So does that mean we get HIGH REZ PICTARS then? :D

Colour me Deus Ex-cited (my word, I slay me).

DXeXodus
13th Oct 2008, 05:43
No. Unfortunately no high-res pictures. Because unfortunately no one has taken the time to make proper scans of the pictures in the magazines. (photo's are not scans) *sigh*

I would do it myself, but I live in South Africa where it is quite difficult to get your hands on a European magazine. And if you do, it costs a fortune.

Please, if anyone has scanned the pictures in properly, post them in the DX3 image gallery.

DXeXodus
13th Oct 2008, 06:05
OK. Final call to all of those who wish to take part in the competition:

You have TWO hours from the time of this post to sign up.

At that point, this thread will close. The competition will begin shortly after that.

Just please all be calm regarding the quality of the image to be photoshopped. There really isn't much to work with. Just be creative.

DXeXodus
13th Oct 2008, 08:04
The sign up phase for the first Unofficial Deus Ex 3 Fan competition is hereby closed. Sorry for those who have not signed up. We will probably do something like this again, so don't worry. The competition thread will be up shortly for all those who have signed up.

Competition Thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81047

Have fun. :thumbsup: