PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft or Faith

Errick
29th Sep 2008, 19:34
I'm sure everyone knows about Mirror's Edge now. I just started thinking. Who's better?

We've all known and loved Lara Croft for years now, but now that the skyscraper leaping Faith, who can take down anyone with her bare hands without guns, has appeared, who do you think is better? Lara or Faith?

We need to have EA and Eidos get together and create a game where Lara and Faith tear each other apart!!!!!:mad2:

josh1122
29th Sep 2008, 20:02
I'm sure everyone knows about Mirror's Edge now. I just started thinking. Who's better?

We've all known and loved Lara Croft for years now, but now that the skyscraper leaping Faith, who can take down anyone with her bare hands without guns, has appeared, who do you think is better? Lara or Faith?

We need to have EA and Eidos get together and create a game where Lara and Faith tear each other apart!!!!!:mad2:

Lara hands down.

Nothing is known about Faith besides ''i can jump from building to building''. Thats about it,and a short animated video they released to try to show her ''story''.

While I believe Mirrors Edge will be a really fun game that ill definitely get, the character isn't very interesting to me.

Errick
29th Sep 2008, 20:04
you have a good point, but we have to take into consideration that Faith could probably just disarm Lara. If you see a lot of Mirror's Edge gameplay, Faith is always disarming other people with ease.

josh1122
29th Sep 2008, 20:07
you have a good point, but we have to take into consideration that Faith could probably just disarm Lara. If you see a lot of Mirror's Edge gameplay, Faith is always disarming other people with ease.

Yeah. But it still doesn't make her an interesting character. Just makes her good at jumping across buildings and disarming people. Thats about it

Errick
29th Sep 2008, 20:12
Nice. Actually I think Lara is better myself. Just looking to see if anyone would argue that Faith might have the upper hand. Lara's story takes place around the whole world where she takes on anything from men to animals to giant monsters. Faith, on the other hand, only goes against men.................... oh, and skyscrapers.

josh1122
29th Sep 2008, 20:13
Nice. Actually I think Lara is better myself. Just looking to see if anyone would argue that Faith might have the upper hand. Lara's story takes place around the whole world where she takes on anything from men to animals to giant monsters. Faith, on the other hand, only goes against men.................... oh, and skyscrapers.

Yeah Lara is definitely better, I'm sure most on here would agree. While Faith to me isn't a very interesting character, the game however does look pretty good :D :thumbsup:

_Love2Raid_
29th Sep 2008, 20:41
You mean this woman?:D

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/love2raid/faith.jpg

Shes does look hot in this picture............:scratch: Nope, she's no match for Lara in my opinion.

Bampire
30th Sep 2008, 06:11
Eh, Lara's much sexier, stronger, and willing.

Faith is a nice character design, but I don't know much or really care to know more about the character.. Unless the game is any good.

Rexie
30th Sep 2008, 11:40
Faith hands down.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vYRUpn3d4)
Probably because I love parkouring more than Tomb Raiding.

croft91
30th Sep 2008, 12:12
I hav no idea hu faith is, but even if she can disarm easily, I believe Lara is better hands down, not only is she superb with guns, but she has a bit of combat on her side and think of what she could do agains others with all her gymnastics. Lara is so much better in that she is also very bright I mean cumm on she's fluent in a dozen languages and she has never died even in the craziest of odds against mutant mummies and big bosses, she even done away with Natla...tmporarily maybe, but she still did it.

Lara rules!!:D :rasp:

William Croft
30th Sep 2008, 12:27
Lara.
I'll Admit, Mirror's Edge looks amazing, and very fun, but nothing lara can't do TBH. Faith is a good character but does nothing else beside free running and disarming people, not compared to the massive list of moves Lara can do.

Lara Hands Down.

Rexie
30th Sep 2008, 12:28
Faith hands down.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vYRUpn3d4)
Probably because I love parkouring more than Tomb Raiding.

...wait, what?

If you're reffering to the classic Lara, so Lara hands down. But I dreamed about a parkour game since I was 10...

Joey91
30th Sep 2008, 12:45
I just watched a gameplay of it, and there's no doubt about it. Lara's the best. What's so special if she can just jump over buildings and stuff. Seems like a boring game to me :(

Rexie
30th Sep 2008, 12:52
I just watched a gameplay of it, and there's no doubt about it. Lara's the best. What's so special if she can just jump over buildings and stuff. Seems like a boring game to me :(

It's called Parkour my friend, and it may be special to parkour addicts (with addicts, I MEAN addicts) like me. If you don't like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIw3cv8Zls) video, you probabloy would never like Mirrors Edge either.

fibra
30th Sep 2008, 13:17
they r somewhat different.I personally can´t choose.Faith though is younger and looks way stronger if u have seen her videos running with all that speed.I don´t think Lara could keep up with her.Lara though has flexibility allowing her some more tricks.They also r in diferent enviroments.....so i can´t compare them.If I would have to choose who is better if they would stand in front of each other i would choose faith.She might not kill mummys.But what might be a weak point for certain things, might be a strong point for other things.Like nina williams, her fighting style is pretty good to deal with many enemies, as shown in death by degrees, but if she had to deal with jin kazama for examlpe, jin´s fighting style is better for a 1 vs 1 battle and nina would probably lose.So faith in my eyes might not be good against tigers (although it might be the same for lara if she had no guns) but her speed and strength would probably be a weak point to lara.And faith looks stronger in her character, Lara continuously makes those >_< , O_o faces lol.But Lara is known by now while we don´t know faith yet.

I choose faith:D

_Love2Raid_
30th Sep 2008, 14:16
@Fibra: Hey, are you a Tekken fan? I think Nina would kick Kazama's butt! :rasp:

_Tomb_Raider_
30th Sep 2008, 14:28
Well....I think in one way Lara is better but on other Faithe is better.....

Jurre
30th Sep 2008, 14:29
The only Faith I know of is Faith Domergue and I am pretty sure that Lara wouldn't let herself be abducted by aliens:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA5MTU2OTA0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDk4MjU2._V1._SX310_SY400_.jpg

NightRain'06
30th Sep 2008, 14:50
This is coming from someone who has tried FPS or first person shooters and didn't like it because it made me literally sick. Maybe that was because I was playing original Doom-- its pacing was too quick for me.

That's why I stuck with TPV (Third Person View) games like TR and others.

But anyway, the very first time I heard and saw E3 '08 video of Mirror's Edge , I was intrigued and have been leaning towards purchasing the game.

It's almost like a first person view of Assassin's Creed where Altair (the main playable character) could climb, jump and run across building rooftops to escape enemies and such-- as Rexie mentioned --- Parkour Running. Maybe that's another reason why I was instantly interested in M.E.

Plus, there's no wrong of having a female protagonist again . ;)

As far as who's better ?

If Lara learned to "free her mind" and performed bullet time dodge and shoot aka Adrenaline Dodge, I think she'll definitely give Faith a run for her money. :D

Veppie
30th Sep 2008, 14:57
It's a first person game, those make me through up.

She doesnt raide anything, like tombs or something.

The story seems Science fiction bases instead of reality based.

Guess I'll stick with Lara.

Off topic: just wondering; what does a second person perspective look like? Tomb raider is third right? So, what's in between?

GamemasterJJ
30th Sep 2008, 16:39

Off topic: just wondering; what does a second person perspective look like? Tomb raider is third right? So, what's in between?

Second would be an outer view while controlling multiple people, it is very rarely seen in video games. Only in games with twins and stuff.

We don't actually know how good Lara is at fist combat, other than a few quite static clips in TRA.
I know she'd kick Faith's butt! Plus Faith wouldn't have enough time to disarm Lara, Lara is far too quick. One bullet - Faith's down!

Rexie
30th Sep 2008, 16:54
^

one bullet and faith is down? ORLY? She handled 78 (yes, I counted) bullets, and she's still alive.

I don't think that ME is science based, it looks more like an real life story IMO. It has no fantasy innit-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNcKKxmghE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OTBeXeZgsg

ihatemilkduds
30th Sep 2008, 18:08

Ah, but Lara is not "other people". ;)

Jurre
30th Sep 2008, 18:09
Second would be an outer view while controlling multiple people, it is very rarely seen in video games. Only in games with twins and stuff.

You mean its not like the 'godview' in strategy games?

fibra
30th Sep 2008, 19:26
@Fibra: Hey, are you a Tekken fan? I think Nina would kick Kazama's butt! :rasp:

yeah, and love nina williams, u saw her in her own game death by degrees?also there r some trailers of tekken 6.She looks so damn hot in tekken 6, i´d say even better then lara:D

josh1122
30th Sep 2008, 19:30
Ah, but Lara is not "other people". ;)

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Faith can try all she wants but she'll never be as good as Lara

*dodges stones from Rexie* :rasp:

Rachie
1st Oct 2008, 07:00
I love them both so much. Both so strong and independent, with amazing stories, and they will undoubtedly raise the bar for games, and female characters. I can't decide whom I love more....I've had such great times with Lara, but Faith.....she's everything I wish to be, everything I could hope for.

I don't know.

josh1122
1st Oct 2008, 07:01
I love them both so much. Both so strong and independent, with amazing stories, and they will undoubtedly raise the bar for games, and female characters. I can't decide whom I love more....I've had such great times with Lara, but Faith.....she's everything I wish to be, everything I could hope for.

I don't know.

just call it a tie then :D

and yes I agree with the female character thing. There needs to be more strong female roles like Lara/Faith in video games instead of the tiresome ''im a strong man, watch me shoot stuff!'' type thing that has been done to death lol

Rachie
1st Oct 2008, 07:11
just call it a tie then :D

I did. :D

It's strange....when I was young, TR called to me, and I would dream of raiding tombs....but with Mirror's Edge, before I knew of it, this whole week I've been having dreams about leaping about rooftops, and now Mirror's Edge calls to me....

josh1122
1st Oct 2008, 07:17
I did. :D

It's strange....when I was young, TR called to me, and I would dream of raiding tombs....but with Mirror's Edge, before I knew of it, this whole week I've been having dreams about leaping about rooftops, and now Mirror's Edge calls to me....

lol, we all go through those phases,ive done the same throughout my life with games from when i was a kid all the way up to now in this present day :). Just don't fall off a building in your dreams :(

might end up like nightmare on elm street and never wake up :eek:

Rexie
1st Oct 2008, 11:24
*dodges stones from Rexie* :rasp:

*tosses a stone up and down*

Why would you think that?

*walks away*

rooboy_13
1st Oct 2008, 15:23
Well, I sm going to have to say Faith. Classic Lara may have beaten her, but CD Lara will get flicked by Faith and go crying screaming "mummy!"
Although Lara has guns, Faith is a lot more stealty and could do some amazing punching kicking moves, then finish with breaking her neck.