PDA

View Full Version : Pacific BETA testing

It3llig3nc3
27th Sep 2008, 18:36
I wanted to "cool" down and make this post only a few days after the experience, however I can't help but do it now.

It is probably not well known worldwide that EIDOS Hungary offered a chance for a few people to see and BETA test BS:P recently. I got the honor of being selected into one of the teams and had the chance to spend a day in their office testing the game.

As you would expect I'm under a strict non disclosure agreement, however I was allowed to make a post about the fact that the event took place.

First I want to say that the developer team is fantastic, they're taking this project very seriously, and they heard our voice during the past years and they were listening. Everybody is going to see the evidence of this once BS:P is available. They have considered every idea, option even beyond our wildest imagination and made their choices quite wisely.
It is unfortunate that EIDOS is very strict on confidentiality as being able to speak with the DEVs clarified many many things for me about the "WHY"-s and "HOW"-s about Midway. One day it might be possible to talk about these publicly.

I need to highlight that the testing as an event was very professional and whatever can be done with a product like this is really done.

All I can say is that for the people who liked Midway are going to like Pacific EVEN MORE. There is no doubt about that. There are improvements everywhere - I'm really sorry that I can't be more specific.

Through this forum once again thanks EIDOS for the opportunity and the hard work they put into the product.

GO GO EIDOS
CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE FINAL PRODUCT

andy3536
27th Sep 2008, 21:24
Well, you know what they say, careless talk costs lives:rolleyes: ;)

Glad to see that after you're visit you still feel it's heading in the right direction. :thumbsup:

chip5541
28th Sep 2008, 09:56
No, it's loose lips sink ships

but of course here are some others..

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/loose-lips-sink-ships-2.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/loose-lips-sink-ships-1.jpg

either way, congrats on the early look.

M0n3y
28th Sep 2008, 15:19
5 words...
You Are One Lucky Guy

i wanted to test too :(

Red October
28th Sep 2008, 17:05
5 words...
You Are One Lucky Guy

i wanted to test too :(

Yah but the suprise of it all is gone for him.

crazyhorse128
28th Sep 2008, 19:30
I wasnt even aware they were even doing this :o

Shamrock
29th Sep 2008, 02:06
Where was the test at? In the US or in Hungary?

chip5541
29th Sep 2008, 04:42
Since it is being developed in Hungry i would say US. :whistle:

It3llig3nc3
29th Sep 2008, 08:01
Test was in Budapest (capital of Hungary)
This is where the EIDOS Hungary offices are. Since the entire development team is located here it makes sense to conduct the test here :)
Sometimes little countries can be lucky :D

chip5541
29th Sep 2008, 12:24
Sometimes little countries can be lucky :D

and fans :thumbsup:

Arrow
29th Sep 2008, 12:31
Well, if you're in Hungary it'd make sense they'd have you beta test it. I feel kinda unloved, but what can yeh do? =P

crazyhorse128
29th Sep 2008, 14:19
When did they contact you?

M0n3y
29th Sep 2008, 15:47
and fans :thumbsup:
...From a little country :D :)

It3llig3nc3
29th Sep 2008, 16:26
When did they contact you?

It was "advertised" in some media and also the EIDOS Hungary website had a link to it... ...unfortunately it was in Hungarian...

http://www.eidos.hu/focus_test_info.html

crazyhorse128
29th Sep 2008, 17:12
you read Hungarian???

It3llig3nc3
29th Sep 2008, 17:42
I AM Hungarian :D Just lost in the world of English :)

generyx
29th Sep 2008, 18:02

LOL, nice one and Gratz 4 playing BSP. Oh, i can't wait to get my hands on it...
:mad2:
t

crazyhorse128
29th Sep 2008, 18:32

you learn something new everyday right!? :)

Shamrock
23rd Jan 2009, 06:37
It was "advertised" in some media and also the EIDOS Hungary website had a link to it... ...unfortunately it was in Hungarian...

http://www.eidos.hu/focus_test_info.html

Hmm, now that the NDA was lifted for media and Edios let them talk about game modes/details, etc.. Are you allowed to give your impressions of playing the game?

It3llig3nc3
23rd Jan 2009, 19:34
Hmm, now that the NDA was lifted for media and Eidos let them talk about game modes/details, etc.. Are you allowed to give your impressions of playing the game?

My take on it is that if a subject comes up in the news I take it as confidentiality on that is gone and start talking about that. Just look at the new thread about MP modes :D :D

EIDOS is not really bothering to communication on this - they know me, the DEVs recognize me on this forum so I bet if there is something they don't like I'm doing they will let me know.

Ryback14
4th Apr 2009, 04:00
Yah but the suprise of it all is gone for him.

word on that. we are going to be blown away, and he will be picking out what's been polished from the beta. :nut: