PDA

View Full Version : Page and Simons - Once and Future Enemies?

3nails4you
27th Sep 2008, 01:28
I wanna know everyone's thoughts on this...when recently playing through DX1 for the nth time, a thought popped into my head in the cloning chamber in Sector 4 of Page's bunker...the datacubes in front of the tanks reveal that two of the new subjects are based on Page's and Simons' DNA patterns...could this cloning be a possible insight into DX3 villians? Tell me what you guys think. :scratch:

dxfan94
27th Sep 2008, 04:00
oohhh a twist but, you destroyed the labs right? So then no more clones

SemiAnonymous
27th Sep 2008, 04:17
y'know, there could be the possibility that Page/Simons are clones. So, if DX3 is a prequel, you could possibly encounter the original of the two, and if its a sequel...well, those could just be the "unfinished" clones, maybe MJ12 had a storage unit with a bunch of Pages and Simons in it.

Igoe
27th Sep 2008, 05:08
I think they gave up the chance to use Wade Walker and his ilk in IW, so I think we've seen the last of Simons and Page for now.

If it is a prequel, then we COULD potentially see Page in media, but he wouldn't be anything like a threat because he has to remain alive for the events of DX to transpire.

If anything, we'd hear mention of Page as a philanthropist in newspapers in DX3, but Simons wasn't a big wig till the very beginning of DX (his appointment is mentioned in the opening)

All that aside, I think we all want new, undeveloped baddies for DX3 just so we can have that same sense of learning and exploration we got in DX.

I very much enjoyed not knowing who the main baddie in DX was until midway through the game. Knowing who your adversary is at the very beginning has gotten kind of stale, I'd like to see less emphasis on straight up story telling, and more emphasis on hints dropped as rewards for exploration (MJXII troops in Ford Shick's sewer prison)

Romeo
27th Sep 2008, 05:51
Definately. One of the highlights in Bioshock was finding out who the true bad guy was. Although it is always nice to see a cameo of someone in later titles.

Larington
27th Sep 2008, 08:24
I think the way System Shock 2 handled the protagonists and their impact on the game world was pretty clever.

You've got the physical opponent in the form of The Many but once you've defeated it, it becomes quite clear that the real villian is the one thats been manipulating you all along. Never mind the revelation scene where you're basically getting told that sooner or later you're going to get back stabbed because thats the nature of shodan (sic, as if a machine has anything to do with 'nature').

AaronJ
27th Sep 2008, 14:28
Wow, that's actually an awesome idea. I always thought of them being possible protagonists, but this is an awesome idea...

3nails4you
27th Sep 2008, 16:10
See, my take on the situation is that it would be EPIC if the whole game you're on the trail of some unknown guy with a codename and you get to the final battle and BAM it's Bob Page in some mega body armor, but the whole time the game had led you to believe it was someone completely different.

imported_van_HellSing
27th Sep 2008, 19:40
Solidus Page?

Azrepheal
27th Sep 2008, 20:35
>Simons Has Found You!
>>Simons Has Found You!
>>>Simons Has Found You!
>>>>Simons Has Found You!
>>>>>Simons Has Found You!
>>>>>>Simons Has Found You!
>>>>>>>Simons Has Found You!