PDA

View Full Version : Hi fellow raiders attention

fibra
25th Sep 2008, 12:58
Thank you everyone for reading.So we had some threads regarding the aod remake or continuation.This topic has been discussed all over.Those who want let´s help for the AoD, whether continuation or remake is for eidos to decide.Sign in for the petittion, eidos has said that if there were enough they would finish aod.Here is the link

http://www.petitiononline.com/aodtri/petition.html

If possible, support here from anyone to get the game finished.Thank you to everyone.

Rexie
25th Sep 2008, 12:59
I am not going to repeat myself of what I said about a AOD remake. It'll turn into a cash machine, nothing else.

fibra
25th Sep 2008, 13:02
but we can try, and get our aod end, whether remake or continuation:) so help from anyone, would be really appreciated

qwerty
25th Sep 2008, 13:24
ill sign the petition only because i want an aod continuation

Atlantis3735
25th Sep 2008, 14:21
I loved AOD how it was. Sure the controls were terrible, but everything else was pretty good.

If CD decided to remake TRAOD then the news of a remake of a game that is thought to be so terrible, would not go down well. Who would want to buy a game that was originally thought to be the biggest let down? Why would CD even risk remaking such a badly received game? It would not sell good enough and that could mean the end of the Tomb Raider franchise. Do you really want that?

Furthermore a game with a new storyline is probably prefered by most fans anyway, so if a remake needs to be made, then lets have TR2 as it is the game after Anniversary, but a new storyline would be nice.

Joey91
25th Sep 2008, 14:46
I loved AOD how it was. Sure the controls were terrible, but everything else was pretty good.

If CD decided to remake TRAOD then the news of a remake of a game that is thought to be so terrible, would not go down well. Who would want to buy a game that was originally thought to be the biggest let down? Why would CD even risk remaking such a badly received game? It would not sell good enough and that could mean the end of the Tomb Raider franchise. Do you really want that?

Furthermore a game with a new storyline is probably prefered by most fans anyway, so if a remake needs to be made, then lets have TR2 as it is the game after Anniversary, but a new storyline would be nice.

Agreed with josh there, sure I would like to see more tomb raider games, but it is a pain in the ass (sry for the language :lol: ), to stop the TR franchise to keep on moving...or else we'll be stuck in a bunch of remakes. I liked AoD, but to think that it was put up like an RPG was not "tombraiderish". And the combat with weapons and melee wasn't good either...:(

josh1122
25th Sep 2008, 18:01
wasn't there all ready another thread about AOD petition.....:mad2:

fibra
25th Sep 2008, 18:57
there was no petittion, it was a discussion, so there were many who did want AoD to be ended, this is the petittion for it now.The discussion was already made.I said with the opening post, no need to discuss again about remakes, continuation and such.If you want to help, then that would be appreciated.As for the bugs and fighting and such, that has been discussed too.No need to open that dicussion again....

josh1122
25th Sep 2008, 19:13
there was no petittion, it was a discussion, so there were many who did want AoD to be ended, this is the petittion for it now.The discussion was already made.I said with the opening post, no need to discuss again about remakes, continuation and such.If you want to help, then that would be appreciated.As for the bugs and fighting and such, that has been discussed too.No need to open that dicussion again....

no there was another thread by someone else who had a petition too for AOD. cant remember who it was. It wasn't the thread your speaking of

but anyways, yeah people sign the petition if you want to help AOD

lara 4 ever
25th Sep 2008, 19:19
It's such a good idea but after the launch of TRU...;)

Fhavio
25th Sep 2008, 19:25
AOD = Angle of Darkness right???

Are you all mad, guys that game sucks? It don't have nothing with tomb raider, no tumbs, no spirits, only man creations and a stupid story of escape to lasers and beat a man from behind.. if i'm wrong please tell me why..

Eidos is the first one to desagree with that release, really invest in a TRLR continuation, there we can talk..

if i'm wrong about your "aod" please sorry.. but that is my opinion about TR6

See ya

patorito croft
25th Sep 2008, 19:29
of course after tru :D
and yes !!! i would love to see AoD again
in my opinion AoD was a great game, yes, it had a few little bugs, but hey c'mon, that doesnt mean it was soooo bad
the storyline was so cool !!, and of course i would like to see the remake after TRU, and then the entire new trilogy :D:D:D:D
I LOVE AOD!! :thumbsup:

josh1122
25th Sep 2008, 19:33
AOD = Angle of Darkness right???

Are you all mad, guys that game sucks? It don't have nothing with tomb raider, no tumbs, no spirits, only man creations and a stupid story of escape to lasers and beat a man from behind.. if i'm wrong please tell me why..

Eidos is the first one to desagree with that release, really invest in a TRLR continuation, there we can talk..

if i'm wrong about your "aod" please sorry.. but that is my opinion about TR6

See ya

hey no need to bash the game here. theres another thread to do that.

This is for people who want it continued to come here and sign a petition.

TwinPistols
25th Sep 2008, 19:37
If Eidos/ CD remake Aod, they could include all the scenes and features that were cut! Aod would be greater without all those cuts.
I'd like to see Kurtis in next-gen graphics....:scratch:

Tomb_Raiderx
25th Sep 2008, 23:06

I agree, but honestly I would rather have new stories than a remake, a remake is not as exciting as a new story.

natebrooks
26th Sep 2008, 01:34

I love TR2! :)
That will probably always be my favorite TR game, no matter how great TRU, or any other future TR games may turn out to be.

Bampire
26th Sep 2008, 03:14
As much as I enjoyed the game and wish to have a continuation -- I'm getting sick of these threads. This game is years olde, and TR has been signed over to another company. Crystal is making the games and stories, and they will continue to make them as long as the games are still in existence.

I highly doubt that there will be any remakes, or even a possible continuation since the franchise is moving towards a different direction, story wise.

Rexie
26th Sep 2008, 12:21
I'd like to see Kurtis in next-gen graphics....:scratch:

NG AOD By Ashka (http://ashka-marauder.deviantart.com/art/the-Angel-of-Darkness-duet-41823331)

joeyjunior
26th Sep 2008, 13:17
I`ll sign!
just because i love TR, and would LOVE to try some new games.

Lara_Super_Fan
26th Sep 2008, 13:31
I signed it. But i think they should do a remake, but a sequel is not really necessary.

fibra
26th Sep 2008, 17:31
@ goar - well eidos had promised the ending of AoD after AoD, when they set CD as the developers of TR.So the words "they are headed towards another direction" somehow lose their meaning;) .

@I had no idea there was another thread, but was it the same link i have posted?Because this is the link that needs to reach enough nr. so that eidos finish AoD

and thanks again to everyone for the support.

josh1122
26th Sep 2008, 19:52
@ goar - well eidos had promised the ending of AoD after AoD, when they set CD as the developers of TR.So the words "they are headed towards another direction" somehow lose their meaning;) .

@I had no idea there was another thread, but was it the same link i have posted?Because this is the link that needs to reach enough nr. so that eidos finish AoD

and thanks again to everyone for the support.

Not sure if it was the same link. Last one that was posted needed like 10,000 signatures or something like that.

But it doesn't matter. If its the same or not, just the signatures matter in the end :thumbsup: