PDA

View Full Version : Lara's House

Errick
22nd Sep 2008, 19:40
I've been thinking about this for weeks now. Since Lara blew up her house, I'm just wondering if we'll be ever able to frolic around in one of the Croft mansions. If I don't feel like playing the story mode, I need something to do elsewhere in the game.

R.I.P. Croft Manor

"I need Thor's belt to get his hammer, and I need the hammer to do some repairs on my house."

_Love2Raid_
22nd Sep 2008, 19:55
"I need Thor's belt to get his hammer, and I need the hammer to do some repairs on my house."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's very funny Errick!

I think/hope there will be a Croft Manor level. It will be the original one (which means she blows up her manor later in the game, in a cutscene)

or it will be one of the other 2 manors. That would be really cool, a whole new manor to explore!! :D

pinkyXstary
22nd Sep 2008, 20:55
:D That would be awesome!

I dont think they will not have a croft mannor, they took it away in TR4,Chronicles and AOD. i hated it!

They did put it back though, in the later games so that was good!!!

Raindrops Melody
22nd Sep 2008, 21:17
I want a new manor!!!!:D but if they just blow up the Croft manor, & not make a new one....:mad2: :( grrr Please give us a new manor!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Rai
22nd Sep 2008, 21:21
Relax, there is a manor with training equipment to explore, just as in TRL and TRA. And of course there is the actual Manor level . :D

Raindrops Melody
22nd Sep 2008, 21:31
http://209.85.62.24/156/27/0/e146340/e146340.gifhttp://209.85.62.24/156/27/0/e146340/e146340.gifhttp://209.85.62.24/156/27/0/e146340/e146340.gifhttp://209.85.62.24/156/27/0/e148078/e148078.gif

_Love2Raid_
22nd Sep 2008, 21:36
Oh yeah, the manor level!!! :D

Has that ever been done before in TR ?? (haven't played all of the games, yet....;) )

:nut: :nut: Can't wait any longer for TRU, gotta play it NOW :mad2: :nut:

Spong
22nd Sep 2008, 21:42
@Love2Raid
Yep. TR2's Home Sweet Home level ;)

toughraid3r37
22nd Sep 2008, 21:43
Sooner or later you'll run out of bullets - Natla

I found this line kinda funny because you have unlimited amount of bullets so HA lol. :lol:

And i hope there will be a manor. There probably will be though. Hopefully :scratch:

_Love2Raid_
22nd Sep 2008, 21:52
@Love2Raid

Yes you are right! OMG I feel so stupid, because I've actually played and finished TR-2 :nut: ..........but that was a long time ago anyway. Thanks! I want to play that level again! Unfortunately I've lost my savegames from TR-2 and I have to play the whole game all over again.... Well, looks like I've got work to do! :D

rg_001100
23rd Sep 2008, 04:18
@Love2Raid

That was a sweet level. :D

Yes you are right! OMG I feel so stupid, because I've actually played and finished TR-2 :nut: ..........but that was a long time ago anyway. Thanks! I want to play that level again! Unfortunately I've lost my savegames from TR-2 and I have to play the whole game all over again.... Well, looks like I've got work to do! :D

If you're playing on PC then you can download the savegame files...

(in address to the OP... watch out for spoilers, please...)

Tomb_Raiderx
23rd Sep 2008, 04:29
Even if she blows it up, I'm sure we'll still be able to explore it outside of the storyline, since technically it's not connected.

Including Croft Manor, all 3 are in England, right?

RinoTheBouncer
23rd Sep 2008, 09:25
well guys the manor blew up in the middle of the game so it's obvious that the training part is before the adventure in timeline so the manors is still okay as a training area but maybe who knows a new manor or apartment is unlocked after the finishing the game ? :rasp:

Lara_Super_Fan
23rd Sep 2008, 11:16
Look, the Manor is always set BEFORE the story, she even if she blows it up, you'll still be able to play it anyway.

Errick
23rd Sep 2008, 19:02
Okay, I get it now. I guess I should have looked a little bit harder. Thanks for the responses and the spoilers!!! I'm glad that I'll be able to prance around in the Croft Manor once again

Tomb_Raiderx
23rd Sep 2008, 20:05
Look, the Manor is always set BEFORE the story, she even if she blows it up, you'll still be able to play it anyway.

Exactly, because technically it's not part of the storyline, otherwise, what you did in the Manor in Legend and Anniversary would of affected the story, but it didn't, so it will still be there, to explore even though it gets blown up in the story.

Jurre
23rd Sep 2008, 21:17
I just received intell that the Manor is to going be the game's tutorial level .....while being on fire:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/23/tomb.raider.underworld.lara.croft

_Love2Raid_
23rd Sep 2008, 21:43
I just received intell that the Manor is to going be the game's tutorial level .....while being on fire:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/23/tomb.raider.underworld.lara.croft

Hmmmm, a manor-on-fire level sounds exciting, but it probably won't be that exciting since it's the tutorial level. After reading this, I don't think there will be a Croft Manor level separate from the game or a whole new manor :( . But you never know!

More puzzles, that's nice. No more boss battles ??? That's not very nice! I like those (well most of 'em)!!

I am very thrilled about the fact that you can take different paths to complete a level. This way you can replay the level/game many times and every time it will be different.

Thanks for sharing this Jurre!

Tomb_Raiderx
23rd Sep 2008, 21:47

I wonder how the tutorial level will work since it hasn't been in previous games, and I wonder if it will be weird switching from the tutorial level to the story or if it will flow nicely to were you don't even notice, I hope it will flow nicely.:)

Tomb_Raiderx
23rd Sep 2008, 21:50
Hmmmm, a manor-on-fire level sounds exciting, but it probably won't be that exciting since it's the tutorial level. After reading this, I don't think there will be a Croft Manor level separate from the game or a whole new manor :( . But you never know!

More puzzles, that's nice. No more boss battles ??? That's not very nice! I like those (well most of 'em)!!

I am very thrilled about the fact that you can take different paths to complete a level. This way you can replay the level/game many times and every time it will be different.

I don't mind no boss battles, I didn't like a lot of them, and in real life, if you think about it unless someone was trying to stop you there wouldn't be something like boss battles, and some boss in TRL and TRA didn't even feel like bosses, anyway it doesn't bother me.

Jurre
23rd Sep 2008, 21:56
My pleasure. I don't mind bossfights but I actualy like them when they're like normal enemies who just need to be shot for an extented period of time... like Takamoto

Rai
23rd Sep 2008, 22:16

Just because the tutorial level is in the manor, why should that mean there won't be a separate Croft Manor 'level' that we can explore and play in?

Very early on after news of TRU surfaced, CD confirmed that there would be a manor complete with new training rooms and more equipment to use. So, from that, I think there will be a separate manor 'level' and the in-game on fire one is just an introduction to the game. Unless of course CD meant they're the same thing?

I wonder if we'll have to play the training level or if we can skip it if we want? The Cambodia training level in Last Revelations(?) was just tedious, if you forgot to save or died and had to re-do.

_Love2Raid_
23rd Sep 2008, 22:29
Just because the tutorial level is in the manor, why should that meant there won't be a separate Croft Manor 'level' that we can explore and play in?

Very early on after news of TRU surfaced, CD confirmed that there would be a manor complete with new training rooms and more equipment to use. So, from that, I think there will be a separate manor 'level' and the in-game on fire one is just an introduction to the game. Unless of course CD meant they're the same thing?

I wonder if we'll have to play the training level or if we can skip it if we want? The Cambodia training level in Last Revelations(?) was just tedious, if you forgot to save or died and had to re-do.

I'm still hoping for a seperate Manor level. I like to run around in the Manor and practise my moves when I get stuck in a part of the game. As for the tutorial level, I definitely am not skipping it. I think it will be hot! ;)

I hated the Cambodia level in TR-4 too. I felt so stupid, running around to avoid those pigs, waiting till Von Croy would slice 'em up with his knife. :lol:

Rai
23rd Sep 2008, 22:34
@Love2Raid, No doubt I'll do the training level the first time around. My concern is if I fail at something and have to repeat the process. I hope you can save and move on if needs be, and, once you have completed it, you can forgo the level on a replay. ;)

Tomb_Raiderx
23rd Sep 2008, 22:36
I'm still hoping for a seperate Manor level. I like to run around in the Manor and practise my moves when I get stuck in a part of the game. As for the tutorial level, I definitely am not skipping it. I think it will be hot! ;)

I hated the Cambodia level in TR-4 too. I felt so stupid, running around to avoid those pigs, waiting till Von Croy would slice 'em up with his knife. :lol:

Same here, I love exploring the Croft Manor, and why would anyone want to skip it? It's the introduction to the game and it looks like it will be fun!

OMG same here:lol:

Larahair
25th Sep 2008, 06:49
I've been thinking about this for weeks now. Since Lara blew up her house, I'm just wondering if we'll be ever able to frolic around in one of the Croft mansions. If I don't feel like playing the story mode, I need something to do elsewhere in the game.

R.I.P. Croft Manor

"I need Thor's belt to get his hammer, and I need the hammer to do some repairs on my house."Classic love it I think might need some other things to fix the house hehe

Haylee
7th Oct 2008, 12:14
Whoa wait wha.... Lara blew up her house? O.O

lol I wish they'd remake the first manor... you know what I mean, right? The one with the two sets of stairs going up when you walk in and... I dont know its similiar to the one I THOUGHT she was living in but it's not... :D