PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO/MUSIC Voip discussion

Victorian_Rat
15th Jan 2014, 17:00
I was thinking, Since voice chat isn't enable right now why don't we talk about. I also have questions about it, like will there be an option so that you can talk to your team and not have the other side hear you, so if you suggest a plan of attack they don't plan on a counter measure, things what that. I haven't seen a thread about this topic, i figure why not make one.

Psyonix_Corey
15th Jan 2014, 17:23
By default voice is muted across teams except in intermissions/etc.

Victorian_Rat
15th Jan 2014, 17:31
I knew that part but didnt feel like putting it in. Its the rest im curious about, like team and global chat.

cmstache
15th Jan 2014, 18:33
Use the ventrilo stickied on the forums for now. I have it set for different rooms for each team.

RainaAudron
16th Jan 2014, 10:54
TS is a good choice for now for pre-made teams, but since matchmaking is in the state it is, it is rather difficult to maintain the party you want and talking to strangers isn´t something I´m up to in a public game. Honestly, I enjoy the silence so I can focus on the game and just type when I need to say something :P

cmstache
16th Jan 2014, 12:27
We also have a Raidcall group set-up... if by any chance it's used. But, Raina brings up a good point.

LOFO1993
16th Jan 2014, 12:59
I only wish it will be possible to mute players. I don't want to constantly hear some kid screaming, and you know it will happen eventually.

lucinvampire
16th Jan 2014, 13:03
I only wish it will be possible to mute players. I don't want to constantly hear some kid screaming, and you know it will happen eventually.

There appears to be this option whilst you are in the lobby - if you right click on someone on the drop-down their is a mute option...if there was a mute all button that'd make life easier :D

RainaAudron
16th Jan 2014, 13:25
Yeah, there should be mute all for lobby and mute for in-game VOIP as well, once it gets integrated. I´ve played CS GO recently and gosh, the amount of players abusing the mic is really annoying...

Strike5150
16th Jan 2014, 13:58
Raina so true, I really don't want to talk to random people. We need a VGS system to let us communicate about how to fight and where. The new players aren't reading the chat because its really small and easy to miss.

VGS would fix this big time, I really hope we get that over voice chat honestly. Serious players that want to can easily get their hands on a vent server or ts server and talk that way.

cmstache
16th Jan 2014, 15:41
Or raidcall. :) (free)

Kuro1n
16th Jan 2014, 16:04
Yeah a VGS system would be REALLY good, (VGS is a Tribes communication system that is quite heavily used in the game even PUBs).
http://tribes.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Game_System