PDA

View Full Version : Costume ideas:

Vampmaster
15th Jan 2014, 16:25
All of this is low priority stuff for after release...

I was just thinking it would be fun to see some costumes from previous games in the series as a way to tie it back to those games. Here are some I'd like to see:

Lieutenant's uniforms - All vampire classes. I'm sure most of us would want to see these. Clan coloured sashes and gloves.

BO1 Kain armor - This would fit the Dumahim best. They would wear it in honor of their emperor's boasted exploits.

Oni armour & mask - Adult Dumahim would wear this as the style favored by their clan leader. Daniel Cabuco mentioned Oni as part of the inspiration for Dumah's appearance and I think a lot of this is due to the armor Dumah wears.

Sarafan Archer - The only Sarafan I remember using bow and arrows were the ones in Defiance. Since the Ironguard are descended from the Sarafan, I imagine they'd want to honor their ancestors.

Legion of the Nemesis Armor - Not sure who would wear it out of humans or vampires, but Moebius had that museum/cave in BO1 where he'd collected relics from other times and timelines. Perhaps someone discovered that and decided they liked the armor. It looked best with the flamberge swords they all had, but no one uses swords in this game at the moment.

Willendorf Knight - A white version of Kain's armor with lion crest shield. Would probably suit the Ironguard.

Vampire from Moebius crusade or Sarafan era - There's some concept art in SR2 of a male and female vampire from this era that looked kind of cool, but were cut from the game. It's a shame we never got to see them. Maybe the intact/recovered Razielim could wear something like that. Shown here: http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Vampires_(second_generation)

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Monkeythumbz
15th Jan 2014, 16:36
These suggestions are GREAT! Please keep 'em coming.

Sluagh
16th Jan 2014, 10:14
That is cool idea Vampmaster.

- The SR 1 vampire hunter outfit (maybe with a few embellishments) would be cool. If it needs giving some basis in lore, could it be a prototype that involved some human armour developments?
- Traditional vampire hunter garb from BO era (sickles, stakes etc.)
- For the vampires...hm I don't know...instead of maybe costumes could you perhaps take on the guise of something else, like some older monsters (i.e. the "tooth-nose," "cerberus" and "ogre?" from BO?) The only problem in game this would look really odd (a flying Razielim "tooth-nose?" what the heck lol?)

lucinvampire
16th Jan 2014, 11:05
Wow those are awesome :D it would be cool to see some more reach-backs to the older games.
How about some of the vampire hunter styles – the females especially – pike-women and the sorceresses – actually I think these would be cool as classes but could work as Alc :D

Vampmaster
16th Jan 2014, 12:07
Maybe some Razielim would wear something like Janos's outfit? That and togas seem fairly typical of what the ancient vampires wear in the murals. I think Kain's vampires would still revere them at this point (they don't really know about their foolish EG worship at this point and maybe wouldn't care anyway). Also, Janos was at one point considered to be the greatest vampire to have ever lived.

Actually, I think it might be cool to give them a few of Janos's moves from the Defiance boss fight as well.

Sluagh
16th Jan 2014, 13:16
Togas seem fairly typical of what the ancient vampires wear in the murals. I think Kain's vampires would still revere them at this point (they don't really know about their foolish EG worship at this point and maybe wouldn't care anyway). Also, Janos was at one point considered to be the greatest vampire to have ever lived.

Actually, I think it might be cool to give them a few of Janos's moves from the Defiance boss fight as well.

Togas might be nice at some stage.

Wow those are awesome :D it would be cool to see some more reach-backs to the older games.
How about some of the vampire hunter styles – the females especially – pike-women and the sorceresses – actually I think these would be cool as classes but could work as Alc :D

The punky stylings of the Defiance vampire hunters was quite cool.

Monkeythumbz
16th Jan 2014, 13:25
Maybe some Razielim would wear something like Janos's outfit? That and togas seem fairly typical of what the ancient vampires wear in the murals. I think Kain's vampires would still revere them at this point (they don't really know about their foolish EG worship at this point and maybe wouldn't care anyway). Also, Janos was at one point considered to be the greatest vampire to have ever lived.

Would the Vampires of Nosgoth's era even have known what the Ancients looked like? Raziel seemed pretty surprised by their blue skin and wings in LoK:SR2, after all.

Also, togas aren't really practical in terms of war gear.

Sluagh
16th Jan 2014, 13:31
Would the Vampires of Nosgoth's era even have known what the Ancients looked like? Raziel seemed pretty surprised by their blue skin and wings in LoK:SR2, after all.

There's a big chance they're going to fall down, or hitch up which may lead to death by embarrassment.

Vampmaster
16th Jan 2014, 13:38

Yeah, I guess they wouldn't really have known about the ancients.

EDIT: What about this as a costume for the Alchemists?
http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=604

I think I might have mentioned that one before.

Monkeythumbz
16th Jan 2014, 13:53
EDIT: What about this as a costume for the Alchemists?
http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=604

Don't think it really fits with the Alchemist's origins, but it looks great and is a good idea!

Vampmaster
22nd Jan 2014, 15:39
What if the humans stumbled upon the the bretheren's original Sarafan armor somewhere and decided to emulate that. It could even be included in a levels with the names conveniently scrubbed out.

Or alternatively the lieutenants could have have kept it when they became vampires and passed it onto their subordinates when they became too devolved to wear it themselves.

Sataine
22nd Jan 2014, 15:44
How about having some Razielim that didn't quite devolve as far as the rest? A style very reminiscent of Raziel in the opening sequence of Soul Reaver. I'd love to see those pure bat-like wings and a more subtle looking vampire for them. As a skin, obviously. Would be pretty awesome to see the beauty before it turned to the beast.

Vampmaster
22nd Jan 2014, 16:03
How about having some Razielim that didn't quite devolve as far as the rest? A style very reminiscent of Raziel in the opening sequence of Soul Reaver. I'd love to see those pure bat-like wings and a more subtle looking vampire for them. As a skin, obviously. Would be pretty awesome to see the beauty before it turned to the beast.

I'm not sure, but based on the hints given and the fact that the devs have said it would need new animations, I think that's going to be a separate class.

Sataine
22nd Jan 2014, 16:43
I'm not sure, but based on the hints given and the fact that the devs have said it would need new animations, I think that's going to be a separate class.

Must have missed these. But you are telling me the Razielim are going to be featured again in another, less devolved version of themselves and made available as a different class all together?

Vampmaster
22nd Jan 2014, 16:46
Must have missed these. But you are telling me the Razielim are going to be featured again in another, less devolved version of themselves and made available as a different class all together?

I think so, but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: I mean less devolved Razielim have been mentioned as being in the works, but I'm only guessing that they'll be their own class.

Monkeythumbz
22nd Jan 2014, 18:27
I think so, but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: I mean less devolved Razielim have been mentioned as being in the works, but I'm only guessing that they'll be their own class.

Nope, they're the same class, they just look different. The wings will remain the same.

In the same way that the Rahabim had two legs while Rahab had a tail (to name just one example), not all devolutionary traits evinced by the Lieutenants are reproduced in exactly the same fashion by in their progeny.

Vampmaster
22nd Jan 2014, 18:47
Nope, they're the same class, they just look different. The wings will remain the same.

In the same way that the Rahabim had two legs while Rahab had a tail (to name just one example), not all devolutionary traits evinced by the Lieutenants are reproduced in exactly the same fashion by in their progeny.

But, would they still have smooth skin and "fingers" running through the wing like this even if the structure can't be changed:
http://www.kidzone.ws/images-changed/bats/facts24b.jpg
http://www.livingpterosaur.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/520952.jpg

Something like that would be mostly a texture change, wouldn't it?

Monkeythumbz
22nd Jan 2014, 18:51
But, would they still have smooth skin and "fingers" running through the wing like this even if the structure can't be changed:
http://www.kidzone.ws/images-changed/bats/facts24b.jpg
http://www.livingpterosaur.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/520952.jpg

Something like that would be mostly a texture change, wouldn't it?

Wait and see. :)

mappalazarou
23rd Jan 2014, 20:16
What if the humans stumbled upon the the bretheren's original Sarafan armor somewhere and decided to emulate that. It could even be included in a levels with the names conveniently scrubbed out.

Or alternatively the lieutenants could have have kept it when they became vampires and passed it onto their subordinates when they became too devolved to wear it themselves.

I like this idea, so we could see SR2 style Sarafan gear reappear. I think - in a twisted way - it would look great on the vampires. It's like they're sending the humans a message through wearing the armor of their dead ancestors.

I think the humans would more rather have their own armor design, different to the Sarafan, to distinguish them as the humans who will conquer the vampire horde once and for all (as the Sarafan failed when Kain laid waste to the Pillars)