PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit view

Rabidflyer
19th Sep 2008, 13:21
Quick question about cockpit view.Will we have the ability to look around EG look left,right.

chip5541
19th Sep 2008, 14:35
I would not see why not.

Starfury
19th Sep 2008, 14:56
Quick question about cockpit view.Will we have the ability to look around EG look left,right.

From what I've seen in this trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36616.html) at 2:09, there is independent head movement.

raston
19th Sep 2008, 20:08
You have that facility now m8....just hold down the left shift key when flying and look left and right with your mouse.

M0n3y
20th Sep 2008, 07:17
You have that facility now m8....just hold down the left shift key when flying and look left and right with your mouse.
well he was wondering he could do the same thing, only now in cockpit mode :P

Polarshark
28th Sep 2008, 22:49

yes you can look at the gameplay videos on certain websites

it shows a zero or something in cockpit view with the camera turning

100% sure it's a gameplay and not a movie

so YES

Polarshark
30th Sep 2008, 00:21
wow the game looks so beautiful with the cockpit view

it'll look even better if you can see the instrument panels actually moving to your controls

that'll be awesome

Arrow
30th Sep 2008, 02:55
I wouldn't entirely doubt it. I've noticed Eidos has a knack for making little bonus graphic things here and there, like the ailerons, rudder, and flaps wiggle a little before takeoff. I wouldn't entirely bank on it (no pun intended) but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It'd be a nice little knick-knack bonus thingy =P

Commander92
11th Oct 2008, 08:11
Hope they'll have specific 'pits for each plane and not generic ones.

Polarshark
30th Nov 2008, 19:50
you know

i was kinda thinking about the cockpit view

whether we get to change seats on the plane

like from driver to AA gunner on the back

or on the bombers from driver and cockpit view for manning the guns

or is it all just 1 cockpit view for driver only and u control everything?

Arrow
1st Dec 2008, 01:04
Speaking of rear gunners, I was thinking that maybe it'd be possible to hop into the second position with another player flying. Maybe you could select a dive/carpet bomber as though it were your own, only instead of hopping into the pilot's seat you'd go to the gunner instead. That way you can either ignore them, or switch to them if you wanted to.

I don't think you'd need more than one gunner position though - no need for all 4 players on a team to be inside a single bomber.

As for independant head movement, I was kind of hoping to make it a little easier to look around. When you're in combat with a plane, you can't afford to fly straight - so I'm hoping Eidos will put in a method of looking that doesn't interfere with your flying (In order to look around in BSM, you have to keep a hand on the flight stick, hold down Ctrl, and use the mouse; I dunno about you but I only have two hands :p ).

Solutions: 1. Support the little hat thingy that most flight sticks have (see here; the little knob at the top (http://at.or.at/hans/writing/BuildingYourOwnInstrumentWithPd/joystick.png))

2. Be able to, at the press of a button, snap the camera angle in the direction of the nearest enemy (something that exists in Ace Combat, and is quite useful for me). To keep realism somewhat, it wouldn't be available in the cockpit view (since a pilot's head can't turn 360 degrees =P )

CaptHawkeye
17th Dec 2008, 05:04
I vainly held out the belief that cockpit view would also apply to ships as well. It was not to be. :lol:

The Yamato
19th Dec 2008, 13:09
The cockpit view will look awesome when doing a diving kamikazi attack with AA flak shooting at you at the same time.:cool:

Yamamoto666
21st Dec 2008, 03:32
The cockpit view will look awesome when doing a diving kamikazi attack with AA flak shooting at you at the same time.:cool:

thats just before the crash, i wonder what happens, in cockpit view, on impact, prlly something cool, like flames coming out of the control panels and stuff, in a split seconc

Lt.Luke
23rd Dec 2008, 07:11
I Hope so cause it would help alot and i like the cockpit view like in ace combat you looks around and the speed dial and stuff move around and such i would like that i think BSM And BSP is the best strgedy game ever and its the only stragedy game i like iv had it sence it came out and i play it to this day and so on o and each cockpit view would be different like im in a wildcat its cool or in a val its different like that it sure would be neat tho...-Snafu135

David603
23rd Dec 2008, 15:35
Hope they'll have specific 'pits for each plane and not generic ones.
Only one I've seen is the Zero's but it looks right so I expect the other planes will have the right cockpits as well.

I-Lucky-I
23rd Dec 2008, 16:17
in the new video are shown 3 differen cockpits.

sstoffels
23rd Dec 2008, 18:06
yeah i knew the zero and cursir cockpits but what was the other one the one with no gauges or anyting:scratch:

Ryback14
26th Dec 2008, 10:18
hopefully it's not as sensitive as games like ace combat. i hopethey keep it the way it is, cause judging from the replays, they've created a new kind of look camera, with realistic head movement.

Waffen
3rd Jan 2009, 23:52
this awnsers your question http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=943501&img=10#view_full_size check out the 28th one sorry i couldnt get the link to that exact pic.

battleshipman
3rd Jan 2009, 23:53
this awnsers your question http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=943501&img=10#view_full_size

Actually the answer to his question came in post #3.

Waffen
3rd Jan 2009, 23:54
this confirms it. :)