PDA

View Full Version : Why not release Deus Ex: GOTY edition on XBLA and PSN to raise DX3 awareness?

Bloodwolf806
14th Sep 2008, 13:27
That'd be amazing. I'm sure it can be done, the only question is if Eidos is willing to do it. I'd buy it for one!

jordan_a
14th Sep 2008, 13:43
To my mind it's not interesting for Eidos.

First, it has to be expensive.

Then you have to remember that for the market today, the casual or young gamers, Deus Ex is a long forgotten franchise, it's just an obscure fps-rpg game released a decade ago, thus the owners of the current consoles will simply not buy it.

El_Bel
14th Sep 2008, 14:01
I think its a great idea!!! But i dont think its easy though. It took 2 years to port it to PS2.

CarloGervasi
15th Sep 2008, 08:05
I think the PS2 version showed us that Deus Ex really just doesn't work as intended on consoles. Just not enough screen real-estate at those resolutions (I don't care how hard they push this HD nonsense, most people are still on a standard def, which means thats what you design for) for the UI, and the interface is cumbersome on a controller without a undesirable redesign, ala the PS2 version.

Blade_hunter
15th Sep 2008, 10:35
Yes they can't release the PC vversion for consoles, they can use the PS2 version instead, for the PS3 I think the PS2 version could work without modifications if the PS3 can run PS2 games I think this console can do that, I'm not certain of this, but for the Xbox it needs a lot of work ....

LatwPIAT
15th Sep 2008, 11:43
Hey, Deus Ex GOTY Edition is already free on Gametap. Why not just release it free some other places to promote it more?

El_Bel
15th Sep 2008, 14:06
Who cares about Xbox!! Its just a microsoft scum :rasp:

What hey could do, if they felt like giving something for free, is giving an image file of the DX ps2 version, that anyone can burn and play!! PS3 can play ps2 games!!

Blade_hunter
15th Sep 2008, 14:44
Ok this confirm my think about the PS3 retrocompatibility because the Xbox 360 can't run many games from the Xbox (without patches).
I never take care about Xbox, but the bad and maybe the worst thing, is we should take care about consoles even like a crappy Xbox, (I hate that console and this is my opinion)

minus0ne
15th Sep 2008, 23:14
Tell you what, when Deus Ex 3 gets one or several GOTY awards they can release a special version with those included :D otherwise just stick to their main goal - DX3 for PC (at least until it's finished).

Lo Bruto
16th Sep 2008, 05:35
Because DX is not for the average console gamer.

Got it?

Jerion
16th Sep 2008, 05:44
Because not only would they have to update the graphics a little bit, they would have to adapt it for consoles again which was not a desirable thing to do in the first place.

Romeo
16th Sep 2008, 06:24
Wel;l if they put Deus Ex 1 on XBLA that would be cool, but Deus Ex 2 just needs to be made BC.

El_Bel
16th Sep 2008, 16:18
They could make an invisible war PC adult version!!! :D

imported_van_HellSing
16th Sep 2008, 18:07
That's funny about the backwards compatibility thing, since I don't know much about consoles but I did read the stuff on a PS3 box in a store once and it specifically mentioned it's NOT backwards compatible with the PS2.

Larington
16th Sep 2008, 18:35
Theres a reason for the confusion, early production models of the PS3 were backwards compatible, partly because sony promised that backwards compatability would be in the PS3, but it had to be done in hardware so eventually they decided that in order to reduce the cost (And therefor price) of the console, they'd take out the hardware backwards compatability.

Guess the early adopters got something after all.

Unstoppable
16th Sep 2008, 18:39
If I'm not mistaken Deus Ex is 100% free now. All you need is the free version of www.gametap.com and you can download and play it legally.

Blade_hunter
16th Sep 2008, 20:05
They could make an invisible war PC adult version!!! :D

They can make IW with the DX 1 system :P I think this way is better :D

imported_van_HellSing
16th Sep 2008, 20:12
If I'm not mistaken Deus Ex is 100% free now. All you need is the free version of www.gametap.com and you can download and play it legally.

...if you live in the USA.

LatwPIAT
16th Sep 2008, 21:14
...if you live in the USA.

I'm not from the US and I use Gametap to play. Digging through discount bins haven't given me gold yet...

imported_van_HellSing
16th Sep 2008, 21:28
OK, fine, US or Canada.

LatwPIAT
16th Sep 2008, 21:29
I live in Norway...

Is it not avaliable where you live?

imported_van_HellSing
16th Sep 2008, 21:34
It's officially only available in the US and Canada. Are you using a US-based proxy server, an IP spoofer or something like that?

K^2
16th Sep 2008, 21:42
Theres a reason for the confusion, early production models of the PS3 were backwards compatible, partly because sony promised that backwards compatability would be in the PS3, but it had to be done in hardware so eventually they decided that in order to reduce the cost (And therefor price) of the console, they'd take out the hardware backwards compatability.

Guess the early adopters got something after all.
In United States, the more expensive versions of PS3 are still backwards compatible. I'm not sure about Europe. In any case, if backwards compatibility is important to you, you can still buy a machine that provides it.

But yeah, most of the systems sold now are not backwards compatible with PS2.

Romeo
17th Sep 2008, 05:18
I think the concept would be nice, if it was free, like PC users. Although I'm not sure if it would be feasible with space contraints on most consoles.

LatwPIAT
17th Sep 2008, 05:41
It's officially only available in the US and Canada. Are you using a US-based proxy server, an IP spoofer or something like that?

No. It just happens to work for me and my other Norwegians friends and everyone else on the forum where I heard of it.

This is odd. Really odd.

gamer0004
17th Sep 2008, 13:32

Apparently not... I filled in I'm from the Netherlands, while using a pc in the Netherlands, with a Dutch IP, without using a proxy server. And it worked. And still does.