PDA

View Full Version : Razielim first born question

Razaiim
13th Jan 2014, 18:24
So we see through out the lore the impact of who Kain decided to resurrect first. Turel and his clan are clearly larger, stronger and develop an innate skill of telekinesis. Dumah seemed to be the most average run of the mill vampire, no particular strengths or frailties. Rahab and Zephon are shown to be weaker, Rahab and his brood unable to stand in even Nosgoth's feeblest rays of light, and Zephon and his clan were outright called cowardly, not to mention their penchant for self mutilation to speed their evolution (this hints at some attempt to make up for some kind of frailty) and Melchiah is shown to be decaying despite his vampiric gifts.

So having established all that hooplah, it leaves me wondering, What skills did the Razielim inherit that distinguished them from the other clans (besides wings, which were so recent that they played little role before their extermination)?

I imagine that Raziel inheriting the greatest portion of Kain's soul compared to his brothers, would elevate him and his descendants beyond the capabilities of even Turel, in such away that they would follow him. Keep in mind that Dumah challenged Turel's right to rule based on the fact he believed the Dumahim superior to the Turelim. This proves Raziel was able to demonstrate some level of dominion over all his brothers.

Does anyone have any ideas they want to bounce around, because I'm drawing hard blanks.

Vampmaster
13th Jan 2014, 19:46
You should have a look through the threads of Daniel Cabuco's site: http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

There's a lot of information on the personalities of the clans and their leaders there. Daniel was the lead creature artist on Soul Reaver and knows all about their characters.

Razaiim
13th Jan 2014, 20:00
Crap I don't have the fan knowledge to answer the anti-spam questions... does someone want to post this and comment an answer?

Lord_Aevum
13th Jan 2014, 20:27
There is already an answer to this over there: http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1936#p1936

Razaiim
13th Jan 2014, 20:51
I've been scouring this website. All I've gotten this far is the spellcraft and spying, which seems more up zephon's measly alley... Maybe I'm just trying to hype them up to God-mode but I MUST KNOW!

Bazielim
13th Jan 2014, 21:16
I've been scouring this website. All I've gotten this far is the spellcraft and spying, which seems more up zephon's measly alley... Maybe I'm just trying to hype them up to God-mode but I MUST KNOW!
Post #2 on that DCab thread:

Dumahim: Warriors, experts in weapon combat. Primary ground forces
Zephonhim: Spies, alchemists, assassins
Rahabim: Artisans, Explorers, Special Forces
Turelhim: Warrior experts with Seige, Engineers, Distance attacks, and weaponless combat (Physically strongest)
Melchiahim: Scientists, Necromancers, Blood manipulators
Razielhim: Artisans, Philosophers, Spellbinders, Tacticians (death from above!), Blood Bankers, and manipulators.

Razaiim
14th Jan 2014, 01:49
Bazielim: I am aware of their role in society. This does not clarify my question. It mentions Spellcraft which I considered initially, however Raziel has no innate prowess with magic, and it is not unique to his clan, in the same way that Telekinesis is to the Turelim. This post was meant to be a speculation thread on its own.

Lord_Aevum
14th Jan 2014, 17:35
however Raziel has no innate prowess with magic

Yes he does (http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2255#p2255).

Raziel had strong magical affinity. I believe we discussed his innate 'charm' and 'possession' abilities.

Not sure what more you're searching for, exactly. Do the clans need to have had other superpowers in order to be unique or hierarchically stronger? One could probably assume a young Razielim would usually beat a young Turelim in a fight.

Sluagh
14th Jan 2014, 17:45
Blood bombs? That does sound pretty fun. I suppose if they had some kind of limited telekinetic powers, then they could keep the bomb spherical until it reached the target vamps.

Vampmaster
14th Jan 2014, 18:08
Blood bombs? That does sound pretty fun. I suppose if they had some kind of limited telekinetic powers, then they could keep the bomb spherical until it reached the target vamps.

Is that in reference to my fly-by-delivery suggestion in the other thread? If so, then yeah, it would telekinetically flow to the mouth of any vampire the Razielim passes above.

Vampmaster
31st Jan 2014, 14:14
@Razaiim, just giving you a heads up that Daniel's replied to your question here: http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1540

He sometimes takes a while to reply as I imagine he's pretty busy working on other games.

The_Hylden
31st Jan 2014, 16:14
There are also Raziel's words from the SR1 manual, which notes the humans think the body is where their power lies, when actually it is in their very souls. All vampires have innate magical prowess (even the vamps before Kain's lineage made the traditional way, as Marcus notes for Kain in BO2, "The Dark Gifts manifest differently for each of us."). It's part of their curse that they have this and possibly stems from the original magic power of the Ancients, I would think. Not only do they evolve their physical traits somewhat in their feat and hands, ears, fangs, yellow eyes, but they also gain a prowess of magic when cursed as vampires.

It would be rather crazy, also, if Kain has like a billion spells and even shape-shifting abilities he can use and Raziel, his strongest and proudest son, doesn't have any magic powers.

Razaiim
31st Jan 2014, 16:46
I guess I made the assumption that since Raziel didn't have magicy stuff right off the bat then he didn't have innate magic skill. My bad. Everything is cleared up now.