PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mods - How about a fun forum contest?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Sep 2008, 15:30
Okay, an official contest would be awesome but I know it may be too early for that.
Plus, we already have a thread to discuss an official pre-launch contest. :)
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77500
(Has this been added to the sticky list? Only I can't see it. :o )

Sooooo, I'm thinking about the present.
Any chance the mods can get their heads together and think of something for us to participate in.
Nothing official, of course... just a bit of fun.

Maybe a short-story or caption contest? Whatever you guys can think of... :p

The shortlist of entries could go to public vote.

Perhaps the winner can have a DX3 cookie... or maybe even a candy-bar?
Perhaps Eidos Montreal might want to contribute a prize anyway?

Sorry for all the questions... but I guess the thread is just a BIG question really, hehe. :D

Romeo
11th Sep 2008, 15:41
I will bake a Deus Ex cookie, but I have no idea how to get it to the winner... Especially keeping it in one piece and relatively unstale. Well, at least edible.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Sep 2008, 16:00
I've got the Munchies now! :D

Okay, so does this mean you are considering creating a forum contest? :D

Good, I mean... you mods should be made to do some work around here!!! :p
*Cough*

Attention everyone.
To help our beloved mods along, are there any further suggestions for the contest content?

El_Bel
11th Sep 2008, 17:06
Yeah, a best news article contest... I dont have time to write anything new :rasp:

Ok, seriously i think we should wait a month so we can learn the setting before we write anything!!

Gizmostuff
12th Sep 2008, 00:57
Some Deus Ex 3 T's would be cool!

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 01:58
*Cough talk to Rene cough cough*

...You didn't hear anything...

JerichoMccoy
12th Sep 2008, 03:27
One round-trip three day stay at the Eidos Montreal studio and to get a chance to not only look at Deus Ex 3, but also be a part of it!

But how to decide who will go, well:

BATTLE TO THE DEATH

Well, there you go.

DXeXodus
12th Sep 2008, 04:04
We had my little magazines, books and datacubes thread which was about as successful as an obese pony trying to do a pirouette. Well, not quite that bad. But if you guys can make any other suggestions as to what you want to have a competition about then we can certainly do it.

Maybe speak to Rene about a possible little something for the winner

Otherwise it can just be for fun. I can always make an Eidos candy bar or something for the winner. :D

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 06:19
Gosh, I offer to bake a cookie, and you say you'll make a candy bar. YOU ALWAYS UPSTAGE ME, I HATE YOU. =P

Know what we need? A real contest, with the idea being "Publicly show your love for Deus Ex in the most unique way possible (and legal)". That would be cool.

DXeXodus
12th Sep 2008, 06:45
Gosh, I offer to bake a cookie, and you say you'll make a candy bar. YOU ALWAYS UPSTAGE ME, I HATE YOU. =P

Know what we need? A real contest, with the idea being "Publicly show your love for Deus Ex in the most unique way possible (and legal)". That would be cool.

Romeo has officially vowed to run this competition for all of you. Please spam his PM inbox with requests and demands. :rasp:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Sep 2008, 07:32
A short-story/writing contest is a really good idea but not everyone likes to write and so maybe that would be an unfair category? :scratch:
I was thinking the same about some sort of drawing contest; not everyone is going to have artistic skills.

I think the mods posting up a series of Deus Ex images and asking for the funniest captions is probably one suggestion that can be enjoyed by most members here.
Otherwise, a trivia/quiz perhaps? :)

JerichoMccoy
12th Sep 2008, 15:04
A short-story/writing contest is a really good idea but not everyone likes to write and so maybe that would be an unfair category? :scratch:
I was thinking the same about some sort of drawing contest; not everyone is going to have artistic skills.

I think the mods posting up a series of Deus Ex images and asking for the funniest captions is probably one suggestion that can be enjoyed by most members here.
Otherwise, a trivia/quiz perhaps? :)

You know, that is a good idea, the funniest caption part.

Because then we get a free look at the game before it is released! KAPLA!

But it'd be way too easy. I say stick with that writing part! Little notes that can be strewn about the Deus Ex 3 world that some players may find.

Though, after some information about DX3 is released, then the contest could ensue.

K^2
12th Sep 2008, 15:57
It is probably the most fair option.

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 19:33
I do like the idea as a pre-launch contest, but for the real launch contest, I still say we go all out and do the crazy PDAs for DX3. That would provoke some cool pictures, and it'd be cool to try and explain to police why you're hanging sideways off the side of the precinct trying to get the [h to match the +].

El_Bel
12th Sep 2008, 22:11
But it'd be way too easy. I say stick with that writing part! Little notes that can be strewn about the Deus Ex 3 world that some players may find.

Though, after some information about DX3 is released, then the contest could ensue.

I second that!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Sep 2008, 11:52
Okay, so when is this exciting forum contest going to happen? :scratch:
Mods? :p

DXeXodus
15th Sep 2008, 04:16
I say we wait for some information in October, then decide on the competition details.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th Sep 2008, 14:14
Okay, sounds good to us. :thumbsup:
Can't wait! :cool:

*Must remember to bump this thread in October* :D

Romeo
16th Sep 2008, 06:58
Bump.

OK EVERYBODY, I DECIDED IT'S OCTOBER! =P

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Sep 2008, 12:16
^
Is that the "beginning" of October then? :D :p

ThatDeadDude
28th Sep 2008, 14:04
Too soon. You should've waited til we've seen if this whole magazine spiel releases any images we can comment on :rasp:

Romeo
28th Sep 2008, 19:58
Hm. Yeah, that is a good point. Hey, I like that idea alot. I know it was proposed earlier, but I think that these options would all be pretty fair:

Make a caption to one of the unedited photos.

Photoshop one of the photos in any way you want (while still remaining decent) into something funny.

If anyone has any other suggestions, post 'em.

DXeXodus
29th Sep 2008, 04:25
Alright, as Romeo has suggested, I think our little unofficial competition should be split into two categories. A literary category and a Photoshopping category. So as to make it fair for everyone. That way there would be two winners.

Rene: Do you have anything you can throw at the winners? A cap or something? If not then it's cool. They can just win internet points and a digital cookie :D

Once there is some media of the game floating around we can get it underway. One of the mods will close this thread with a redirect to a new thread for the competition.

This should be great fun. :)

But as Romeo says, any other suggestions are most welcome.

René
29th Sep 2008, 18:41
Rene: Do you have anything you can throw at the winners? A cap or something? If not then it's cool. They can just win internet points and a digital cookie :D

I'm sure we can find something...something better than a digital cookie!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Sep 2008, 00:44
I'm sure we can find something...something better than a digital cookie!

What?!? *worried look* :eek:

Umm, I've got rather addicted to the idea of collecting Eidos cookies... even if they aren't really edible. :o

NOT that I'm complaining that there is suggestion of a 'real' prize. :eek:
LOL, no way... but please can we have both?
Or at least a cookie for runner-ups?

I'm asking for purely selfish reasons because, should I be the winner, I'd want to have both. :whistle:

:p

Romeo
1st Oct 2008, 03:11
You know, just for you, I'm going to film myself making actual Deus Ex cookies one time. Then, I'll upload them to youtube and watch the rating scream from zero to three, as you look for it, and two other people click on a link to by accident.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Oct 2008, 07:51
You know, just for you, I'm going to film myself making actual Deus Ex cookies one time. Then, I'll upload them to youtube and watch the rating scream from zero to three, as you look for it, and two other people click on a link to by accident.

Don't worry, I can promote your Youtube cookie-baking video worldwide. :cool:
Hits galore.

You're going to be the next hot celeb cook... especially with a name like "Romeo", hehe. ;)