PDA

View Full Version : Longer Endings?

Gr8guy
11th Sep 2008, 05:45
Hey Guys and Girls, I was just wondering what you guys thought about the endings in some of the Tomb raider games. I for one Found AOD's ending to be extremely short and vague. Anniversary was beautiful but the ending was also Kinda short.

I think Eidos and CD should make more complex and longer cgi ending sequences when a tomb raider is clocked. Kinda like Final fantasy

Bampire
11th Sep 2008, 06:00
TR1/TRA was what started the TR series, and it is a short ending that didn't seem to satisfy, but at least it made you crave more TR games.

The Later TR games, such as TR2, had a level for the ending and a very short cutscene. Then there's TR3--slightly longer, with a fantastic Cutscene of Lara leaving Antarctica in a stolen Helicopter, fighting with another chopper--alike of the Chase scene in TR2. Last Revelation was a little longer, but from what Core was doing they were trying to kill off Lara, which we all know, but it was an epic ending. Skipping to Legend, Cystal game(s), the ending was a long enough cinematic that explained what had happened to Lara's mother, and many other things as well, let alone a nice cliff Hanger, alike of AOD's ending--which is sadly dis-continued.

(Oh, and the Gold games are just an 'extended ending' of the game, or should I just say a continuation of the story(ies). If one felt like they wanted more of that game, they can just buy/download the Gold versions to feed their hunger.)

I'm hoping the ending of TR:U will be a nice ending like TR:L--long, epic, and a cliff hanger so we can all get excited about the next Tomb Raider game.

ihatemilkduds
11th Sep 2008, 06:00
I would love a longer ending. I mean, we've made it all the way to the end. . .give us something that'll leave us smiling, right?

Actually, I wish Anniversary would have allowed us to escape from the island ourselves, rather than view it in a cinematic.

At least in TRI, we got to make our way back up the pyramid and slide down to the end. With Anniversary, I was hoping they'd lengthen that and make it a little more treacherous and exciting. So we could be a part of it, rather than just watch it.

It'd be nice to have something like TRII as well. . ."Don't you think you've seen enough? *BANG*" :D

naraku
11th Sep 2008, 06:13
I would love a longer ending. I mean, we've made it all the way to the end. . .give us something that'll leave us smiling, right?

Actually, I wish Anniversary would have allowed us to escape from the island ourselves, rather than view it in a cinematic.

At least in TRI, we got to make our way back up the pyramid and slide down to the end. With Anniversary, I was hoping they'd lengthen that and make it a little more treacherous and exciting. So we could be a part of it, rather than just watch it.

It'd be nice to have something like TRII as well. . ."Don't you think you've seen enough? *BANG*" :D
Yeah TR2 Now THAT'S an ENDING.

rg_001100
11th Sep 2008, 06:13
I'm hoping the ending of TR:U will be a nice ending like TR:L--long, epic, and a cliff hanger so we can all get excited about the next Tomb Raider game.

I liked the TR:L ending scene. It was brilliant. Epic, and a cliff hanger. As much as short endings aren't that great, ones that are too long are just dull.

If TR:U were to have an *epic* end at Croft manor...

Spong
11th Sep 2008, 09:15
I liked the TR:L ending scene. It was brilliant. Epic, and a cliff hanger.

Absolutely seconded :thumbsup:
Legend's ending has to be the most exhilarating of the series, even more so than the bomb-shell that was Last Revelations closing scenes.

I wouldn't want an ending in Underworld that was comparable to Final Fantasy though. And I hope to God it doesn't have another cliffhanger.

naraku
11th Sep 2008, 09:24
If they kill her off again, would that qualify as a cliffhanger? :scratch: Just Wondering. A good comeback would be like in the comics after the Witchblade crossover. When she ended up in the Egyptian afterlife I think it was.:scratch: Then she brought herself back to life using wits:thumbsup:

Mr Croft
11th Sep 2008, 09:28
If they kill her off again, would that qualify as a cliffhanger? :scratch: Just Wondering. A good comeback would be like in the comics after the Witchblade crossover. When she ended up in the Egyptian afterlife I think it was.:scratch: Then she brought herself back to life using wits:thumbsup:

Yeah, I still have those comics :D

naraku
11th Sep 2008, 09:32
Yeah, I still have those comics :D

They have good stories don't they. I wish they'd use those as a reference for her games instead of the films.

Bampire
11th Sep 2008, 09:36
It's a shame that Michael Turner has passed away. One of the artists that helped illustrate and write some of the TR comics, let alone he placed his lovely Witchblade character into the stories. ):

naraku
11th Sep 2008, 10:16
It's a shame that Michael Turner has passed away. One of the artists that helped illustrate and write some of the TR comics, let alone he placed his lovely Witchblade character into the stories. ):

Darn I didn't know. I like the issue where the butler turns out to be a double crosser. Like Zip and possibly Winston in TRU;)

MissJess
13th Sep 2008, 19:13
The legend ending was probley my favorite.