PDA

View Full Version : Message for Eidos

Jaesil
10th Sep 2008, 22:58
Hi, im a casual fan of Deus ex
and please dont flame me but i think Invisible War is the bomb and the orginal stinks

Anyway, this is a plea, to not "try" and make your game all cool with language and F-Bombs and stuff, it is not needed, that's why i liked Invisible War, i did not hear any "F"s or "S"s. I'm not telling you to not make you game mature, but please keep these words out of it, just make the Main Deus Ex character look like a dirt-bag, doesnt make him look cool or stylish

Thanks

Jaesil

jordan_a
10th Sep 2008, 23:05
DXeXodus, or Romeo...:rolleyes:

Lo Bruto
11th Sep 2008, 01:21
but i think Invisible War is the bomb and the orginal stinks

Next thing is I explain it a lo bruto. Is that what you want?

By the way, there's a topic concerning maturity here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76412).

minus0ne
11th Sep 2008, 01:27
Hi, im a casual fan of Deus ex
and please dont flame me but i think Invisible War is the bomb and the orginal stinks

Anyway, this is a plea, to not "try" and make your game all cool with language and F-Bombs and stuff, it is not needed, that's why i liked Invisible War, i did not hear any "F"s or "S"s. I'm not telling you to not make you game mature, but please keep these words out of it, just make the Main Deus Ex character look like a dirt-bag, doesnt make him look cool or stylish

Thanks

Jaesil
Hi, I'm a hardcore fan of Deus Ex and please don't listen to this GENTLEMAN WHO DOESN'T NECESSARILY SHARE MY OPINION. (Is what he meant to say -Romeo) :p

While certain people live within protective bubbles of their own creation, in real life people use these awesome, beautifully sounding, super-versatile words. While neither the F-word nor any other English cuss word approaches the brilliance and volatility of Dutch cuss words (even though the F-word has origins in the Dutch language), and really in comparison with other languages is pretty timid, it wouldn't feel natural without it.

In fact, censored timid dialogue where it wouldn't be in real life sounds about as unnatural to me as your failed attempts at conveying your opinion through the English language.

Jaesil, you and everyone like you who use terms like "The F-Bomb" and try to enforce your prudish medieval attitude outside of your own sheltered gated communities should just secede and isolate yourselves from the rest of the world and, most importantly, STU (notice how that acronym just doesn't work without the F) and mind your own business.

Oh, and your taste in gaming (which you apparently judge by the fact whether or not a game has "F-Bombs") leaves a lot to be desired.

Please, when DX3 comes out and it's got a normal healthy level of cussing, feel free to email yourcomments@foxnews.com :) I'm sure O'Reilly would love to have you on his show explaining how and why gaming is insulting you and your god.

Jaesil
11th Sep 2008, 03:24
At least make it so we can turn off the language, but knowing the other Dues Ex games i dont think there will be any in the game, im just taking a precaution i rly want this game and have the money, just if it has language i cant get it
Please make it like the orginal games content wise!!!

Augmented Cactuar
11th Sep 2008, 03:50
Why flame a newcomer for having an opinion? That doesn't exactly make this community look inviting now, does it.

Try not to be such a jerk next time, minus0ne.

DXeXodus
11th Sep 2008, 04:25
This thread is absolutely pointless.