PDA

View Full Version : Why Alister is useless???

lara 4 ever
7th Sep 2008, 09:44
That's a completely funny topic!

Here it goes:

1. He's G****
2. He doesn't understand a thing
3. He's always scared.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LaraCroftRox
7th Sep 2008, 09:52
:lmao: :lol: :rasp:

TR_genius
7th Sep 2008, 09:56
:lol: true he is quite useless, the only thing he is there for is to give Lara historical information during her adventures - that's it;)

I guess it is funny seeing him scared and whining all the time but it is quite annoying having him around, your right in the points you made:lol:

tombraider1best
7th Sep 2008, 10:21
i don't hate him cuz hes usless hes usless cuz i hate him

Lara's.Fan4life
7th Sep 2008, 10:27
All three.... All all.... Everything......

TombRaiderPrincess
7th Sep 2008, 13:43
@TR_genius

Remeber in legend in Peru, when lara was reading this thing and Alister kept chimbing in with useless pieces of info that she clearly already knew!

Basically, Alister = Useless

josh1122
7th Sep 2008, 13:44
I think both Zip and Alister are useless :lol:

but this is about Alister so yeah, Alister is just plain...useless in all aspects

LC is Me
7th Sep 2008, 14:04
Pfft, yeah right Josh.

If Lara didn't have Zip, she wouldn't have all them fancy gizmos.
:rasp:

Allister just complains and moans. He's so G@Y.

Lara_Super_Fan
7th Sep 2008, 14:32
It's true! I only just realized! Alister is useless. He's just there to annoy you, really
But, to be honest, it wouldn't be the same without him!:rasp:

Dukem
7th Sep 2008, 15:32
Somebody please tell me what the point of this thread is. Other than to moan about and question the sexual orientation of a video game character, I mean. Unless of course you're all using the term 'gay' as an insult of some kind. :rolleyes:

Dr.Willard
7th Sep 2008, 16:07
Now that wouldn't be wise would it...

Treeble
7th Sep 2008, 16:10
I get the feeling the trolls are taking over. ._.

_Tomb_Raider_
7th Sep 2008, 17:05
I love Alister!!!!!

Mr Croft
7th Sep 2008, 17:14
I actually like him.
The game wouldn't be the same without him and Zip and Winston.:)

Atlantis3735
7th Sep 2008, 18:06
Alister isn't completely useless. At least not to Lara.
He is quite knowledgable and is an aid to Lara's progress.

But if he was to die in Underworld, that would be perfectly fine. :)

Rexie
7th Sep 2008, 18:10
Because he's just an annoying twit.

TR_genius
7th Sep 2008, 20:40
@TR_genius

Remeber in legend in Peru, when lara was reading this thing and Alister kept chimbing in with useless pieces of info that she clearly already knew!

Basically, Alister = Useless

Hi tombraiderprincess, yeah i remember:lol: Lara knew it all, as she is an expert with historic information, and it does my headin when he goes on, and Lara already knows about it, so yeah basically he is useless;)

toughraid3r37
8th Sep 2008, 00:59
Yeah i agree that Allister is useless and very annoying lol. He's really dumb looking to don't you agree lol. Hopefully he doesn't make stupid remarks in Underworld. :rasp:

caiounder
8th Sep 2008, 01:04
ive never thought bout it but u r right he doesn't help me in anything

Tomb_Raiderx
8th Sep 2008, 01:15
Pfft, yeah right Josh.

If Lara didn't have Zip, she wouldn't have all them fancy gizmos.
:rasp:

Allister just complains and moans. He's so G@Y.

I cannot see why Alister is useless, Zip definitely isn't, he can track down people for Lara, he is actually very useful.

But Alister could do useful things that we don't know about or haven't seen yet, maybe he'll do something in Underworld that may seem useful in a cut scene, haha.

rg_001100
8th Sep 2008, 03:11
Allister? Useless? :scratch:

I can see no-one here likes a good story being told in TR. Or, they love to guess at what the story in the game is. At least with (Z&) Allister, you know what's happening, and where. I think it's better to justify why Lara is running around in some tomb killing near-extinct animals and paid mercenaries, rather than to try and guess, or shrug it off.
Allister helps improve the story by "bouncing" historical ideas off Lara, the two can have a chat about the historical, and mythological relavence of what is being discovered.
This aids the player. Not Lara. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Lara saying (to herself) "walk to the edge" doesn't make much sense in her world either, but it benefits the player.

Bampire
8th Sep 2008, 03:35
Alister is an entertaining character. He's really there for comical relief, for those who want something to chuckle at, such as his childish behavior, when it comes to Lara climbing, fighting, etc. Let alone, he does a little more research for Lara when she's already away doing her raiding.

Also, what RG has posted earlier, he explains the rest.

Tomb_Raiderx
8th Sep 2008, 05:01
Allister? Useless? :scratch:

I can see no-one here likes a good story being told in TR. Or, they love to guess at what the story in the game is. At least with (Z&) Allister, you know what's happening, and where. I think it's better to justify why Lara is running around in some tomb killing near-extinct animals and paid mercenaries, rather than to try and guess, or shrug it off.
Allister helps improve the story by "bouncing" historical ideas off Lara, the two can have a chat about the historical, and mythological relavence of what is being discovered.
This aids the player. Not Lara. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Lara saying (to herself) "walk to the edge" doesn't make much sense in her world either, but it benefits the player.

I agree and with Goar too, I love Alister and Zip, there funny and entertaining and I like how they would argue while Lara was raiding, and I like to hear Lara talk a lot, I don't like the complete isolated thing all the time, like I said how would Alister and Zip know if she was died or not?, but that's why I like what they did in Underworld, you do get that isolated feeling until Lara records with her video camera and talks into it, which she will do a lot in the game, so we'll hear her voice a lot too.

ihatemilkduds
8th Sep 2008, 06:12
I don't think he's useless. He kind of fills out the whole character-interaction. I mean, in art, you always want things in threes because it's more pleasing to the eye. So you've got Zip, Alister, and Winston. . .they each help her in their own way.

She's got historical ideas to bounce off of Alister. . .Zip just wouldn't be available for aid in that department because he helps her with the electronic information and gadgets she needs to perform her duties as Lara Croft while Winston has "taken care" of her for her entire life. Winston is family for her. He takes care of the manor and prepares her belongings for travel.

They each play a role which could not be filled by the other, you see? I'm sure she could do without them, but it's nice to have people other than the occasional baddie for Lara to interact with. Plus, her conversations with them (no matter how quick they may seem to be at times) help bring out more of her character.

I don't know how long Alister and Zip are supposed to have been with her, but Winston's been there forever. When she turns around to him on the stairs and says, "It bloody well wasn't love, was it?" it's obvious that's not just a rhetorical question. Winston was there. He was part of it.

But, this thread is about Alister. . .he's there so that she doesn't have to globe-trot for EVERYTHING. I mean, come on. . .the girl gets tired. She sends her guys on jobs that will make her life easier.

larac_tr
9th Sep 2008, 01:07
i love Alister! he's my favorite character besides Lara. :D and Zip to. i hate the whole isolation thing, in the old games i almost never knew what the story was about because she never had someone to discuss it with.

m_gunselman
9th Sep 2008, 01:31
That's a completely funny topic!

Here it goes:

1. He's G****

He's so G@Y.

How does his orientation add to his uselessness? I think that's just rude and uncalled for.

larac_tr
9th Sep 2008, 01:37
so true. (and it's not just because i'm an Alister fan :D ) What has that got to do with anything? you guys better watch what you say or your going to end up offending someone with that.

ihatemilkduds
9th Sep 2008, 17:51
Yes, "gay" has become the new "retard". It took a long time to get people to stop using the latter as a derogatory term. . .although it's making a comeback lately.

I always use "ritard" so I can claim I'm using the musical term. ;)

I have a couple of gay friends who use "gay" in reference to things they don't like. But, it's only funny for them because well. . .they are gay.

You have to be more careful with words in large groups of people you don't know particularly well.

Gr8guy
11th Sep 2008, 05:32
For me the isolation thing only worked in tom raider one, Alister is an excellent charachter as he provides comic relief, and in any case, two archaeologists are better than one.

The alister charachter chatting with Lara provides more detailed historical information to the player, so I love it, he is cool. I hope he doesnt die in underworld though, he just got introduced.

Gr8guy
11th Sep 2008, 05:34
Honestly, I hated Kurtis Trent with a passion. Especially in galleries under siege where he man handles an fondles Lara. No man cna do that, its just not Laras personality.

Though off the record, if any man could do that it should be me :)

TombRaiderPrincess
11th Sep 2008, 14:12
Gr8guy-- Honestly, I hated Kurtis Trent with a passion.

Woo!!:D I wrote 24+ pages on why to hate him once...

GROZAA (Gid Rid Of Zip And Alister):lol:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=117040

Trying to find GROK (Get Rid Of Kurtis) too for Gr8guy's sake....