PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 - General Chat & Latest Articles Discussion (2006-09)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

robertjweber
12th Oct 2006, 09:41
Deus Ex 3 - if made like Deus Ex 1 would definatly be one of the most anticipated games for its particular year, Eidos you would be foolish not to continue it. I think DE3 would be on par with Oblivions anticipation.

That said, you guys have to realise why DE2 sucked. People like me who dont like the game dont usualy post in forums, thus the anti DE 2 voices would definatly not be big enuff for you guys to take serioulsy.

The whole fact that they rebuilt after "the collapse" pretty much set everything on the wrong path. The best thing about DE1 was the seedy, dank, diseased world that the player had to explore. The new DE world in DE2 wasnt nearly as interesting. THat said it was okay to play, mainly weak storyline, aweful graphics (which had high specs for its day for some reason??) and lack of any real physics at all let it down the most.

Please Eidos, I emplore you to at least consider making DE3, make it like Hitman 4, a serious game with real intruige and deception and something which makes the player want to find out more and more.

Please dont listen to anyone who openly voices a defence for DE2 also, that game was a mockery for DE1's great reputation.

Thankyou.

Grox
15th Oct 2006, 15:25
I appreciate the sentiment on this, really. But it seems like everybody is going about this the WRONG way. (I freely admit that "everyone" includes me, by the way).

First of all, I don't know that posting on this forum is the best way to communicate to Eidos about the development of future products.

Secondly, since Eidos appears to be the only ones who can make the choice we want made, we have to consider their priorities, what they want. They seem to have either decided to:

a) put off a DX3 project for the distant future, because they think their marketing is best served by having the "Eidos" name associated with as many different titles as possible, rather than sequels of the old titles; or
b) definitely decided to never pursue DX3, because they believe it would not be profitable. This could be due, in part, to a conviction that PC games will never be as profitable as console games, or because they think that the title has just played out its marketability.

Shame or disappointment in the quality of DX2, while it may matter very much to some of us posters, probably plays no part in their decision.

Anyway, Eidos has had forever to investigate, reconsider, or share its reasoning, but AFAIK it hasn't. Warren Spector, however, has offered publicly to buy the DX license back and said he wouldn't mind exploring DX further. IDK whether he ever specifically approached Eidos privately, or what his terms would be --- but it seems that the person to address about the feasibility of this ever happening is Warren Spector, not Eidos. It stands to reason that, for the right offer, Eidos WILL eventually sell a license that they are not using and is currently generating no revenue for them.

The petitions, the efforts of the modding community, and the desire to see this product come to fruition, should be communicated to Warren Spector, not Eidos. If the demonstration of enthusiasm convinces him that he should make an official offer when he has not --- or to increase his current offer, if he has one --- then THAT would nudge DX3 closer to reality.

VoRaDoR
1st Nov 2006, 01:28
Someone talks about PC games are not profitable as console games. True a little bit. Console games for example Xbox 360 priced at £49.99 which is ridicolously over-priced. PS3 will also follow the same path :rasp:

Unfortunately we currently live in a world where money means everthing. Now Deus Ex 1 is excellent game brilliant. I've played Deus Ex 2 as well and it's very nice. I still own both these titles in my room.

I think Eidos is one of the worst game publisher there is in the world. They put Legacy of Kain series on Hold. They finished Warren Spectors projects for good. Alright now, can anyone tell me a very good Eidos Interactive game? Seriously, there is only in my opinion. 3 very good Eidos Interactive Titles.

1. Deus Ex series
2. HITMAN series
3. Legacy of Kain series

I do not follow any other Eidos Title. Just Cause looked pretty good on video but when you play its so simple, graphics are horrible and the game is so repetitive.

No offence to fans but look at Tomb Raider Eidos is still trying to revive the dead. What a waste of effort. The game still sucks like the predecessors. :nut:

Look at my signature there is a message for you there EIDOS...

Grox
2nd Nov 2006, 15:06
I hope you're on mark, Vorador. If you are, that just means that people who want to see DX3 happen just have to talk directly to Warren Spector.

I'm not naive enough to think that he'll instantly drop what he's doing to leap into a DX3 project, but it will make the project closer to reality. And AFAIK, he is not particularly inaccessible.

It wouldn't have to require invading his privacy or bothering him on his private time. Just communicating care of his current company would probably do just fine, as long as it's not such an avalanche that he is suddenly drowning in e-mails. If he got a steady trickle of requests, over a sustained period of time, it might persuade him, help him persuade his marketing people, or whatever the current obstacle to DX3 happens to be.

jjmikhail
20th Dec 2006, 19:42
not too sure how many know but i have started a script for a third Deus Ex. the introduction is done and quite frankly, i thought i would have the whole thing finished by Christmas but since there are so many things to put in, i've had to write up scripts for later chapters and adjust the story as i go along.

nevertheless, there was a suggestion made by someone on another forum, i did consider it but thought that the majority would be put off by it. it was Deus Ex III with bio-modification.

Grox
21st Dec 2006, 23:32
Well, that's great to hear. Good luck with that. I hope you can assemble the necessary team to do the work.

You're going to need more than just people with talent and expertise. You're going to need people with the time to dedicate to this. Moreover, if past projects are any indication, some members of your team are going to drop out, move on, or be interrupted by work/school/family, etc. during the project. So even once you think you have your team assembled, remain on the lookout for alternates.

It CAN be done though. Please, keep posting here as things develop.

jjmikhail
22nd Dec 2006, 02:58
sorry, my mistake on the bio mod thing, i meant to say "Deus Ex III without bio modification" but in fact i'm sticking to it.

just clearing that up.

[~DeH~]_LeOn
28th Dec 2006, 01:00
"Unfortunately we currently live in a world where money means everthing. Now Deus Ex 1 is excellent game brilliant. I've played Deus Ex 2 as well and it's very nice. I still own both these titles in my room."
So since first one was cool, second one was okay, let's make third one which will suck so bad we all will cry ourselves to sleep.

Eidos owns the right to deus ex.

Warren spector would have to BUY the rights from eidos.

I dunno if eidos would sell, or how much they'd ask if they did.

Let's all move on. It's not happening.

JusRegistered2PostThis
28th Dec 2006, 21:27
"1. Deus Ex series
2. HITMAN series
3. Legacy of Kain series"

Thief series??????????????????? Part 3 was a little weak because of all the changes that were better off the other way. But if you take a game for what it is, it's still a good ending to a great series.

People don't take games for what they are, Invisible War played by itself is a hit game, it's a great game!!!!! but since it was the sequel to an even greater game, and people were expecting it to be even better, its just known as a failure. It still however beats almost every other game easily.

Hitman series blows they pump another one of those things out every week and legacy of kain I wouldnt even consider looking at a screenshot let alone playing. I agree on your tomb raider comment though, their beating on the chest of a dead man, errr woman.

And the reason PC games arent as popular is because high end PC's cost oh so much more than a console game. add that with the fact that people just download the games instead of buying them (much more common for pc games than console games) and they're basically screwed.

In conclusion to an already 8i"|"chy statement, if you seriously haven't ever played thief 1 and 2, or didnt like them, you shouldnt be talking on an eidos forum so get the f|_|c|< out

jjmikhail
1st Jan 2007, 21:52
hopefully this year i will visit the States and meet with (if possible) Warren Spector and show him what material i have for a third Deus Ex. of course, theres an issue with 'rights', which will have to be looked into, thats a real pain but i am sure something will come up.

primer
2nd Jan 2007, 15:45
:nut:

The 2nd game had errors that you cannot play it, in the first game when you went to the bar the guy saids " what is this stuff water". But he saids in the text "This is a crummy part of town". So WARREN SPECTOR is not very easy on people playing it on a PC, if they made another it will have to be for consoles. And Deus Ex 1 on the PS2 and PC had those text errors and the git did not fix em.:mad:

JoeGreene
17th Jan 2007, 03:02
I doubt there will be a Deus Ex 3. The fan base simply has proven itself too immature, and seeing the posts about Deus Ex Invisible War on this forum recently that obviously hasn't changed. Maybe if people actually provided some facts and consistency in thier criticism of Invisible War, Edios would see reason to continue its series, but because its so called "fan base" preached criticism even it didn't believe to tick off the developers for their own enjoyment, they are now suffering the consequences.

WoundedRonin
1st Mar 2007, 23:26
I doubt there will be a Deus Ex 3. The fan base simply has proven itself too immature, and seeing the posts about Deus Ex Invisible War on this forum recently that obviously hasn't changed. Maybe if people actually provided some facts and consistency in thier criticism of Invisible War, Edios would see reason to continue its series, but because its so called "fan base" preached criticism even it didn't believe to tick off the developers for their own enjoyment, they are now suffering the consequences.

I disagree. If game companies producing sequels or not depended on whether or not thousands of fans all spoke with one voice and never contradicted each other and were all really mature there would be no sequels period. I don't think that's a realistic way of seeing the situation.

More likely Edios just decided to focus on other products because they thought that they would make more money than a Deus Ex sequel would.

If Warren Spector is really serious about buying the rights to Deus Ex I don't see why he wouldn't be able to, since Eidos doesn't seem to be using those rights to make money right now. If there really are a whole lot of Deus Ex fans out there who want Mr. Spector to work on DX 3 maybe he could even ask for donations which could help cover the cost of the intellectual property.

Grox
2nd Mar 2007, 02:54
That's right . . . if they think the fans will buy it, in sufficient amounts to make money, and their time and budget is not filled with other projects that they think are better bets financially, they'll make the sequel. They couldn't care less how mature the fan base is --- according to that argument, Tomb Raider fans are more mature than Deus Ex fans, which is complete nonsense.

Any word on jjmikhail's project? Did he ever meet with Warren Spector? In what context did he plan to meet with him?

thevisitor
7th May 2007, 21:32
Why is it that some of the people here seemed to hate DE2 for many reasons, but they are still calling for a DE3?

DE2 was a good game. Perhaps compared to its gritty predecessor, it doesn't have the same "dirty" aspect, but it did have a certain futuristic charm. The person-to-person conversations were much better than DE1, and it allowed you to talk people into giving you stuff and co-operating. I am an avid fan of 'splosions, but a little talking now-and-again gives the game an extra dimention.

Perhaps the game didn't render excellant graphics on low-end computers. Stop complaining about the game and buy a better computer.

On the topic of DE3's storyline, it seemed in DE2 that they combined the storylines from all three DE1 endings. Perhaps they will do the same, but I don't see how they can do that without ending up in exactly the same place as at the beginning of DE2.

Anyone got any thoughts?

primer
9th May 2007, 23:16
I had a Intel gma 900 integrated graphics, could not play Deus Ex 2. So I upgraded to a Pny nvidia 6200 256MB PCI ( not express )

Now I can play it on low settings it is good ( recognized Nicolette as the ? easily ) the game is rushed like all other eidos games they must like money more than fully funtional games, wise eidos do not rush them out WAIT :lmao:

gareis
11th Jun 2007, 13:15
Why is it that some of the people here seemed to hate DE2 for many reasons, but they are still calling for a DE3?

Invisible War had issues. It was a decent game, but the original was much better, and in a fairly different style. DX:IW was a few shoves away from being a gritty Star Wars game in terms of appearance, whereas DX1 was believable as a possible future, just few years off.

Most importantly, though, the story in Invisible War was quite loose. There was a conscious effort not to particularly reward certain choices, which gave me no motivation to follow anyone.

The biggest difference was: in Deus Ex, it was a question of who I trusted the most. In Invisible War, it was a question of who I trusted the least.

Of course, in DX, nobody was completely honest until the end, but you had the impression that they were telling you the truth, just not all of it all the time. You had actual friends and a home.

But in Invisible War, you just rattled around from Seattle to Germany to Egypt and back, and ended up killing the one person who sort of wanted to be your friend. Of course, that would be moving, if you had had time previously to actually become her friend. It's like the situation with Manderley -- he was almost a father to me. Even Anna Navarre was a closer friend than Billie Adams.

And morality? You were pretty much convinced that everyone you met was evil. A few of them proved it; a few of them were unimportant enough that they were okay; and in the end, you had no moral decisions. They were all immoral.

Contrast this to the original: kill Lebedev, an unarmed prisoner, or let Navarre do it? Or kill your ally to defend an enemy? Similar choices with the first terrorist leader. And people to reprimand you for, say, letting hostages die. As well as plenty of situations where you were unequivocally the good guy, except you got to hear the bad guys' stories and realize that they were just frightened and panicking and doing the wrong thing.

Still, all these issues can easily be fixed in a third game. Or at least most; a third game would be set even farther in the future, so I'm not sure how you'd get the old world feel. Though probably most of the futuristic bits are provided by the WTO, so if you eliminate them (or just clam them up a fair bit, like the Omar), you've got it made. And the story...that can be fixed, too. It should be more linear. Branching if it's reasonable, but not amorphous like Invisible War.

The story's the big issue. Trust is the big issue. Emotion -- and the story controlling the player's emotions -- is the big issue.

dxfan94
8th Sep 2007, 21:40
I think DX1 and 2 were great especailly IW. the story line was great idk about the other gamers out there but to me it was a catching story. sure the game could have been longer but other than that i thought it was great. IW is the future that i would want to see.

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Nov 2007, 04:16

If you think the DX fan base is immature, take a look at the F.E.A.R./Project Origin franchise -- that's immaturity in a nutshell!.

I was a capital critic at the old Ion Storm forums, and still a critic to this day, as I was severely disappointed in DX2. Disliked DX2 the most because of the required computer upgrade (and since then refused to upgrade a computer solely to play a game -- no more $500 to $1500 waste of money to play a $50 game once). The second aspect I disliked was the menu system, which I'm seeing the Project Origin (which I refer to now as Project: Snowblind II) is adopting, and it's going to be a royal pain for FPS players, as it ruins the view.

That intro finished, here's what this old time fan has to say about what she would like in DX3...

No universal ammo. The "prize" of finding ammo is a treasure hunt itself.
Bring back the RPG and expand on it some. DX1 was a hybrid game not just a FPS and that's it's strength. Add some more RPG elements to it (since MMOs are such a rage now, and folks will appreciate it more today). Make sure folks can continue from where they left off -- JCDenton could've been an redhead, so make sure players can pick haircolor at least. Don't change his face, or do the F.E.A.R. BS with a generic Point man scenerio.
Optional: Make DX3 a MMO. There won't be a complaint about game time again! Folks then can enjoy both the FPS/RPG and SP/MP aspects of the Deus Ex universe -- and Eidos, you know this fan base is so rabid that they continue to mod this game 7 years later -- so keeping the MMO alive won't be an issue!
Don't make JC and the rest of the crew "darker". The environment is dark enough, making the protagonist grimer would just take the "hero" away. He's suppose to be complicated (with issues from his past), but that doesn't mean he needs to be an ex-drug addict, with issues straight from Hollyweird. Make the environment bleak, but give the player an option to play him based on their own morality. Give a reason for all types of players of different moral levels to enjoy playing him, not be forced to dip into slime just to play.
Models: how about just updating them with higher polycounts, yet still keep the same style? It's basically what the fans who've modded this game ever wanted -- a modernized DX1. Nice to have new environments, but unlike other games, DX1 players get attached to the characters and want them to be similiar.
Voice acting: Is it possible to at least get the same guy who voiced JC back (I notice he's still voice acting)? He has an unique way of talking that's not wussy, but not overly macho, that appeals to both guys and gals -- Professional merc type. Same can be said of Walton Simmons (that's one creepy voice!). What's so appealing is that Warren Spector tried so hard to make the voice acting not so "over the top" with the main characters (can't say the same with the minor ones like the bums and the cat lady -- they were "over the top"), and the game would just be spoiled if we got some metrosexual voice acting. JC (pro killer speech), Tong (teacher type personality), Simmons (disembodied coldness) and Alex (sounded just like a IT type) were believeable in their dialogues, not over dramatic.
Graphics: please don't penalize players without 2008 Quad proc/GPU systems (like Hellgate: London did). If DX10 will be the new standard, don't take the fun out for everyone with DX9 only systems. Reduce the texture quality, but leave in the special FX effects. F.E.A.R. showed it's possible to do, even on 2003 systems.
Music: Get Alexander Brandon and crew back. They know how to make theme music, not this industrial garbage that's being passed off as music now. Let's get some good environmental sound effects, too. One thing I like about the F.E.A.R. franchise is that sound is so important -- hearing the footsteps in the next room, sounds of even clothes and leaves rustling, all tips to notice the enemy is around (terrific in MP).
Gameplay (non-MMO):

Consequences for actions early into the game. If the player is going to a gungho killer and shoots civilians, there's consequences for not maintaining fire control. If the player steals something he's not suppose too, he can be caught and face a penalty (pay a fine; or lose sneak ability for being a 5 finger discounter, instead of picking things for objectives). If the player snipes, the report and flash will show his existence and he'll be targetted, if not by baddies some type of drone (have those HK remote projectile sensors everywhere), that way he can't remained perched throughout the game.
No limit on weapons carried, just space (as this seems to be a norm now with FPS games limiting weapons to 2/3). Some players want to just shoot their way around, and would gladly give up slots for other drops if not needed.
Leave the fun in with the Tear gas cans and LAMs too (like the ability to use them as portable ladders -- think MacGyver!).
Allow the ability to move objects to also use as ladders (hate not having that ability in these "modern" FPS games now).
Make sure a level is an underwater world, as the swimming/submarine exploration was really fun, and sorely missed in FPS worlds.
Weapons: If there's going to be a rail gun that spits out 300 rpm, the ammo needs to be appropriate. Not just two drops on a whole level. If it's a player's main weapon (use a weapon time counter to judge -- that'll be a neat affect to show off to folks, total time mastering a weapon in the viewfinder or ingame rifle display LCD), the AI needs to be appropriately matched. It's more fun that players fight baddies who use the same firepower. Balance and appropriate AI matching is essential.
Reward stealth play more. It's the hardest skill to accomplish, and due to it, the reward for patience over speed should be more. Too many like to brag they can finish a game in 6 to 8hrs. How about bragging they finished the game without killing one soul? That is truly tough.
Let's have some real use for the money we collect, other than buying weapon mods and ammo. How about paying for easier transport, when necessary? Bribing informants? Giving to charity for a karma effect?

Gameplay (MMO):

Much more complex RPG elements, with stores to buy/sell/trade loot.
Have a bank/safe system, so players can store loot for latter.
Make eating more important than just to heal, now it also effects stamina (at 30% you can't carry as much too).
Argumentation will have higher levels (100), each level giving that 1% extra ability, but some argumentations/upgrade canisters will be rare and some only gotten via completing a very tough task.
Adopt an optional guild or faction system from the DX2 universe if you wish, but a player can pick his alignment more clearly (good, neutral, bad) -- optional since, some may just want to play as rogues.
Players can play as any character in the DX universe, with the pro/cons by doing so (as there will be players wanting to play Tong and Gunther, for example).
Players can also play as city folks in "trades" (mercs; bartenders; doctors; pimps; roving journalists, etc.).
Travel can be with helicopter, boat, sub, or teleporter (in cities); and you can hire transport when necessary, with money you gained from completing objectives/selling loot.
Rank is based on how high your clearance (which will help balance the rush to get every argumentation to max out -- a problem with MMOs, hoarding and leveling too quickly), which can only be gained via experience in field on tasks over time. Low clearance you're barred from entering areas that contains the better/best loot and secrets.

Have 1001 more suggestions, but this is just a gist of it: keep DX1 in DX3, but modernize elements of it. Players wouldn't mind higher poly counts models so JC, crew and environments were more life like (which is main emphasis on modding today), but they will mind if JC looks metrosexual, or is so bleak and cold he no longer resembles the original. Remember, even Warren Spector said he developed an attachment to these characters, and it's true with fans. Mess too much in how they look and act, they no longer are original -- the main gripe about DX2 Alex and JC's detachment and coldness. If DX3 turns JC and the crew into anything but they were like in DX1, I simply won't buy it, as I'm not trading in Tolkien's Lord of the Rings for a Harry Potter story, period. Deus Ex is a touchstone classic, and one that gets critical criticism if it goes off the path, just like all the adaption's of Tolkien's works. Keep that in mind Eidos!

piratecop
29th Nov 2007, 13:28
deus ex 3 needs more random areas. in deus ex 2, breakin into random peoples apartments was fun!

rhalibus
4th Apr 2008, 23:08
Sorry, specifically for Jordan's sake, I'll haphazardly edit this first post, explaining that this thread, titled "Deus Ex 3 Information", pertains to all the collective information we have, from the original concept art, to Jordan's thread, to the October information. Now I'm off to bed before the sun rises.

All right people--here's (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26324582) the link to the Gamespot page that contains a forum post that contains a link to a possible DX3 concept art screenshot and related article. For non-French speakers, you can use Google to translate the page...

Article:
http://www.denis-talbot.com/content/view/525/45/

Image:
http://www.denis-talbot.com/images/jeux/Deus_Ex/Deus_Ex_3/Deus_Ex_3_Mr_Net_Background.JPG

Apologies if I broke any rules or anything...:)

no you didn't

imported_van_HellSing
4th Apr 2008, 23:41
Looks pretty legit.

Nice. :cool:

Larington
5th Apr 2008, 00:24
Holy crap, the google translate is worth the effort.

Kevyne-Shandris
5th Apr 2008, 05:28
DAMN!!

That's superb concept art. It looks more like an architect's drawing. Even the lighting looks flourescent. Heck, the details are right down to the waxed flooring.

The only flaw I can see is the overly exposed wiring, even on the floor. OSHA would have had a field day listing work place safety violations (electrical and trip hazards)!

Really like the busy "lived in" look, too. Too often the little things are overlooked, or, replaced with common models (for a lab, test tubes and flasks). This time it's a mix of an electrician's shop and a bio lab.

Nice. :)

And notice: it's not Star Trekish, but industrial. Industrial enough in the near future to be believeable????

Maybe, just maybe DX3 will follow the cyberpunk tradition. Concept art can change a lot between paper and the final level design, though. Eitherway, it's a step in the right direction.

:thumbsup:

SageSavage
5th Apr 2008, 09:46
I like how it's looking but I am not yet convinced this is really a concept art for DX3. Something like that recently also happened with Bioshock II.

Unstoppable
5th Apr 2008, 11:46
Very nice thank you :D.

Gunter Herman
5th Apr 2008, 13:23
Looks real to me, but would be nice if someone told us in case it's not. :confused:

Unstoppable
5th Apr 2008, 17:29
Looks real to me, but would be nice if someone told us in case it's not. :confused:

Maybe they wanted us to figure it out :D.

Vasarto
5th Apr 2008, 17:39
DAMN!!

That's superb concept art. It looks more like an architect's drawing. Even the lighting looks flourescent. Heck, the details are right down to the waxed flooring.

The only flaw I can see is the overly exposed wiring, even on the floor. OSHA would have had a field day listing work place safety violations (electrical and trip hazards)!

Really like the busy "lived in" look, too. Too often the little things are overlooked, or, replaced with common models (for a lab, test tubes and flasks). This time it's a mix of an electrician's shop and a bio lab.

Nice. :)

And notice: it's not Star Trekish, but industrial. Industrial enough in the near future to be believeable????

Maybe, just maybe DX3 will follow the cyberpunk tradition. Concept art can change a lot between paper and the final level design, though. Eitherway, it's a step in the right direction.

:thumbsup:

Well hell ya man! The concept art we have been asking for is definitly this.

If that is just the concept arts design I wonder how the actual game is gonna be like?.......This is gonna be even harder than waiting those two 1/2
years for twilight princess to come out!

Kevyne-Shandris
5th Apr 2008, 18:40
Well hell ya man! The concept art we have been asking for is definitly this.

If that is just the concept arts design I wonder how the actual game is gonna be like?.......This is gonna be even harder than waiting those two 1/2
years for twilight princess to come out!

Don't get worked up over concept art. Rarely is it fully incorporated in a game, and certainly not at that detail.

Furthermore, considering the hype over DX2 and the ballistic revolt, DX fans are quite skeptical of ANYTHING related to DX3. Eidos has to prove they can make up for the loss of faith in the franchise, due to that horrendous release.

If DX3 proves to be close to it's true root (cyberpunk not a Star Trek clone), and the storyline is equal or better than DX1, then fans can rejoice once again.

Until then it's a wait and see approach.

jordan_a
5th Apr 2008, 18:45
Do we have any DX2 artworks? It would interesting to compare.

Gunter Herman
5th Apr 2008, 19:12
I only got a couple of screenshots from early stages.

Eidos has to prove they can make up for the loss of faith in the franchise, due to that horrendous release.

Weren't there enough threads about that? Accept it: There are people who think DX2 was far weaker than DX1 but still an excellent game compared to all the average stuff out there. I'm one of them. So please don't make a general statement in the name of all DX fans, thanks. ****

Blade_hunter
5th Apr 2008, 19:42
Thanks for this links I saw a robot hand on a table this is maybe a way to make human bots ....
I saw organic components to make bio modified human like JC
Or with the twice to make mech mods like Gunther Herman / Anna navarre / Jordan Shea

If we have character artworks it will be say if the game is a prequel or a sequel or maybe an alternate way of DX 2 ..... After all, most of DX fans doesn't like DX 2 as DX 1 but it depends on what they're waiting for the sequel of DX 1 of course ....

Kevyne-Shandris
5th Apr 2008, 19:58
So please don't make a general statement in the name of all DX fans, thanks. ****

Okay, all of the hardcore fans. :)

Gunter Herman
5th Apr 2008, 23:01
Okay, all of the hardcore fans. :)

Ok, call me softcore, but at least I have maintained the ability to notice subtle differences. :cool:

Larington
5th Apr 2008, 23:03
Note the gantry and ventilation shaft up high that might allow an agent to sneak about unseen. ;-)

Yeah, much as I believe that DX2 could have been better, on balance, it wasn't a bad game, it just could've been so much more which is probably why so many cried foul. But on the other hand, DX2 means that Eidos montreal have evidence of some of the things they need to avoid this time around (For reasons that have been discussed in countless other forums and threads in years past) so heres hoping.

rhalibus
5th Apr 2008, 23:07
I've been studying the concept art shot for a while now, and I really can't think of any way they could have made it significantly better--the sterile atmosphere, the cyber punk feel with a realistic future vision--very impressive. This shot makes me feel better about Eidos Montreal...

Now just make sure every sheet of paper on the desk can be read, every bottle, small device or tool can be picked up, every terminal can be accessed, every light can be turned off or shot out, every glass divider can be shattered, every large device can be manipulated, and every NPC can be conversed with! :)

Gunter Herman
5th Apr 2008, 23:14
Now just make sure every sheet of paper on the desk can be read, every bottle, small device or tool can be picked up, every terminal can be accessed, every light can be turned off or shot out, every glass divider can be shattered, every large device can be manipulated, and every NPC can be conversed with! :)

You wanna play it before 2015? :scratch:

Angel/0A
6th Apr 2008, 01:05
Do we have any DX2 artworks? It would interesting to compare.

Hah, I totally forgot about the robo-baboon... :D

Deus Ex 2 Concept Art (http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx2/files/art/)
Deus Ex 1 Concept Art (http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx1/files/art/) (in case anyone wanted to compare it in addition)

AaronJ
6th Apr 2008, 01:58
+2 Faith

AgentSmithereens
6th Apr 2008, 08:34
There's DX1 concept art of Tracer Tong's laboratory here:
http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/april02/dxbible/dx1/index.shtm
To be honest I can't make out much as it's so detailed, all I can see are some boats. So that proves that this DX3 concept art shouldn't be taken too seriously.

minus0ne
6th Apr 2008, 09:16
Very nice, it shows the artist has the feel of the DX atmosphere pinned down. A rough guess tells me it's an augmented body parts assembly lab of some kind (hard to guess at what's in those tanks, but behind the blue tank on the right looks almost like assembled artificial limbs).

+2 Faith
Faith being belief that doesn't lie with material evidence or logical proof, I'd say;
+2 Trust!

Gary_Savage
6th Apr 2008, 13:03
The screen to the left is reminiscent of the transparent green screens from DX1 (the ones with a large circle somewhere on the west coast of the United States). The whole environment looks believable, to me, and in some respects it reminds me of a machine shop I have been to. Combine the looks with the guys in the monkey suits, however, and the place looks somewhat like a low level clean. That's very cool! It would be interesting to see my player character having to don one of those suits (to protect the products from himself), or risk setting off every alarm during infiltration.

P.S. I really could have a field day, talking an undergrad through all the safety and industrial procedures violations, like the lack of a hood --to protect the rest of the lab from particles flying off, when the robot welder is in use -- and vacuum/ventilation apparatus at the left of the room, the complete lack of safety showers, etc., in addition what Scadvid has already said.

Xcom
11th Apr 2008, 08:27
I'll stick this (original) thread for the time being because folks keep re-posting the image.

gamer0004
11th Apr 2008, 14:00
Could someone translate the text and post it here?

pauldenton
11th Apr 2008, 14:19
a vid of eidos at work, may even see dx 3 in there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm0hVJ0etYo

and for all those who find the concept art link is down, you can find it here but in slightly lower res

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ejVhPSXllX0/R_uE2qs-PvI/AAAAAAAAC9Y/qdajq_3Hb3o/s1600-h/dx3.JPG

Xcom
11th Apr 2008, 14:21
@gamer
You can run it through google translator, babelfish or something similar. It does a decent job.

Look like they're all playing Tomb Raider. :lol:

gamer0004
11th Apr 2008, 17:17
@gamer
You can run it through google translator, babelfish or something similar. It does a decent job.

Hmm I've used Babelfish before and it wasn't very good... But now I can't find the text anymore :P

exxon_valdez
11th Apr 2008, 17:27
Looks pretty legit.

Nice. :cool:

more than legit - it looks like a 3D render with some photoshop
effects to blur things up.

as far as i know, concept art is usually a sketch to illustrate
the basic feeling, the idea or atmosphere - imho this is clearly a
model, no one can draw so correctly and in perspective.

or am i deluding myself?

Tracer Tong
11th Apr 2008, 17:28
Nice finds! I really like the style of the lab.

But the end of the video says "we're going to come back and see the games in development", now where might that part be?

I think that I want to book a flight to Canada.... :) I'm starting to save for it.

Tracer Tong
11th Apr 2008, 17:29

or am i deluding myself?

This is drawn. Maybe they used sharpening or sketched it with vector-graphics and colored it manually...

P.S. Have you noticed that there are absolutely NO BOTS in this concept art? This reassures me as this being a prequel (also, the organs in production look pretty mechanic, a la navarre/hermann, to me)

exxon_valdez
11th Apr 2008, 17:43
This is drawn. Maybe they used sharpening or sketched it with vector-graphics and colored it manually...

P.S. Have you noticed that there are absolutely NO BOTS in this concept art? This reassures me as this being a prequel (also, the organs in production look pretty mechanic, a la navarre/hermann, to me)

i don't know, seems pretty superhuman drawing like that.
and since it's kinda related to what i do, i'm becoming concerned..

btw, i'd also like it to be a prequel. and, i'd like david icke to star
in it, just for laughs :)

ot:
dude, your nickname sould be "Tracer Thong", seriously

Xcom
11th Apr 2008, 18:01
Well, there is actually little known about this image, and as far as I know, nobody said it was drawn by hand.

Tracer Tong
11th Apr 2008, 18:07
Well, there is actually little known about this image, and as far as I know, nobody said it was drawn by hand.

IMHO it was drawn with a drawing pad attached to a computer with vectorized graphics drawing tool (i.e. the CAD family), and then also colored with it. Also, the size of the illustration (huge, no papers with size like this) indicates that it was drawn into a computer.

Well, at least the lines were manual... :)

I'll seriously consider changing my nickname :D Thanks.

EDIT: It is most definitely not a 3D model turned to a sketch using a magical Photoshop filter. There are no available filters to date which are capable of such paint-realistic effects.

pauldenton
11th Apr 2008, 20:48
in the vid they said they would be back with more a little later on in the program - with more on the games they develope and test - anyone have any more of this?

AaronJ
12th Apr 2008, 01:11
If they are trying to cover this image up, what a pathetic effort. As if we didn't expect this. Don't forget people. Eidos Montreal. No matter how pretty, they suffer the sins of the father company.

Of course, I saved the picture as soon as I saw it, and published it everywhere.

Xcom
12th Apr 2008, 10:07
If they are trying to cover this image up, what a pathetic effort.

What do you mean?

That site was down for some time yesterday. It seems to working now with the image intact.

EDIT: It is most definitely not a 3D model turned to a sketch using a magical Photoshop filter. There are no available filters to date which are capable of such paint-realistic effects.

If you say so. :) I just don't know of any rule that says that concept art can only be hand drawn on paper. I mean it's about creating a concept, right? If they used software (any software), what's the difference?

gamer0004
12th Apr 2008, 11:08
i don't know, seems pretty superhuman drawing like that.
and since it's kinda related to what i do, i'm becoming concerned..

btw, i'd also like it to be a prequel. and, i'd like david icke to star
in it, just for laughs :)

ot:
dude, your nickname sould be "Tracer Thong", seriously

You should see the guy that makes the "gone with the blastwave" comic (blastwavecomic.com). There are some vids of him drawing and that's superhuman. The artwork reminded me of his work very much. So yes, I think it was drawn by hand.

finch150
12th Apr 2008, 12:27
Damn you Eidos, your ploy of baiting our breath is working perfectly...

*Shakes Fist*

But i love it so much

*Drools over art*

Larington
12th Apr 2008, 16:50
I sincerely doubt an attempted cover up, I know the game is about conspiracies but come on, please at least try not to be cynical (Theres scepticism and theres, worse)... Besides, the moment I learned of this I forwarded the info on to rockpapershotgun.com a PC gaming centric site thats become one of my main haunts so the word was well and truly out pretty quickly (The people behind RPS are GAMES journalists such as Keiron Gillen of PC Gamer UK fame) making a cover up impossible.

Tracer Tong
13th Apr 2008, 17:53
There were and still are programs where you draw a line on that USB drawing board and no matter how jagged and non-linear your hand draws it, the program fixes it (and there's a keyboard shortcut to keep it as you drew it), the said program also has a feature to smoothen jagged lines.

I just forgot the name of that famous said program, sorry... :scratch:

pKp
13th Apr 2008, 19:28
The text :
Stéphane D’Astou a profité de son passage * l’émission M.Net * Montréal pour présenter la toute première image du jeu Deus EX 3 dont la production est bien entamée dans les nouveaux studios de la métropole canadienne. L’image est en fait une ébauche représentant un vaste espace qui ressemble * un laboratoire. « Ces tableaux aident nos artistes * bien visualiser l’esprit que l’on veut dégager dans Deux Ex 3. » déclare David Anfossi, producteur du projet. « Nous avons fait appel aux concepteurs originaux des itérations précédentes afin de bien cerner la direction que nous avons pris » rajoute t’il. La pression est forte pour le jeune studio Montréalais, surtout depuis les coupures effectuées par les grands patrons britanniques d’Eidos, il y a quelques semaines. En entrevue, les deux représentants du studio montréalais n’ont pas été très loquaces quant aux détails concernant Deus Ex 3. « Sur Youtube, nos fans ont analysé, image par image, la bande-annonce du jeu annoncé il y quelques mois…ils ont travaillés forts » déclare en souriant Stéphane D’astou. Aucune date de sortie n’a été avancée pour le moment.

Translated text :

Stéphane d'Astou presented the very first image of Deus Ex 3 in the Montréal-based TV show M.Net. The game's production is well advanced in the Canadian city's new studios. The image is a sketch of a vast place, possibly a laboratory. "These pictures help our artists visualize the kind of look we want for DX3", said David Anfossi, the project's producer. "We have asked the original conceptors of the previous iterations to review the project and confirm the way we're heading". The pressure is hard on the young studio - even more so since the project's budget was reduced by the British heads of Eidos a few weeks ago. In an interview, the two spokesmen of the Montréal studio haven't been very keen on giving details about Deus Ex 3. "On Youtube, our fans analyzed image by image the trailer we released a few months ago...they worked very hard", said Stéphane d'Astou with a smile. There is currently no official release date.

Working very hard, are we ? :D

Larington
13th Apr 2008, 19:40
The pressure is hard on the young studio - even more so since the project's budget was reduced by the British heads of Eidos a few weeks ago.

Oh for goodness sake, when will the people with all the money wake up and give these development teams the resources they need to do their job.

Now I find myself wondering if the penny pinchers will be afraid to advertise the game properly, which would be fatal. I've seen too many games which have huge potential to show the rubbish linear shooters how good games can be, only to see them underhyped and thus missed by all the hype hunters.
<Sigh>

Not happy about that at all.

mr_cyberpunk
14th Apr 2008, 07:18

or am i deluding myself?

Yes you are.. Concept art =! always sketched - you can have digital concept art, which I do all the time and have been doing so for all my games. If anything concept art in photoshop is more preferable because its not as messy and can be produced much quicker. (especially with a good tablet :D)

Also its not a 3D model with photoshop over the top.. that would be stupidly excessive. They obviously have just had a very talented in house artist with out any assistance whip up something that I consider to be pretty top notch concept art in a very short period of time (I know from experience that this is hard to pull off), further more Eidos wouldn't be covering it up - else they would have openly annoyed the fans like the Bethesda Soft boys do all the time with their "if you aren't with us.. **** off" attitude to press releases.

-- ok now I'd like to say a few things to the rest of the community.

A lot of members of this forum are being immature and totally rude to the community manager as well as disrespectful to Eidos as an organization.

I'd also like to say that all this "Hard Core DX Fan" bs is immature. Seriously this is why so many of the mod developers don't post here anymore, because we all think you guys just ***** and whine about why we aren't doing enough..

And further more I don't think Eidos appreciates you guys always flaming their projects. I'm quite positive that Eidos will deliver a good Thief game, they now have a reason to, Assassin's Creed by UbiSoft is a massive competitor. This can only do good for both franchises as competition and variety are both great things.

Please show a bit of respect.

Oh and Global Node, most of that was directed at you.

---- back on topic

There were and still are programs where you draw a line on that USB drawing board and no matter how jagged and non-linear your hand draws it, the program fixes it (and there's a keyboard shortcut to keep it as you drew it), the said program also has a feature to smoothen jagged lines.

I just forgot the name of that famous said program, sorry... :scratch:

Err. Photoshop... + Wacom Tablet? you can do vectors + anti-aliased bitmaps (before converting to a nice format like 24-bit .png drool!) excelent program, get a trial from Adobe if you don't agree :P www.adobe.com

minus0ne
14th Apr 2008, 08:11
A lot of members of this forum are being immature and totally rude to the community manager as well as disrespectful to Eidos as an organization. [...]
Please show a bit of respect.
QFT. This is getting ridiculous. The concept-art cover-up? Please.

And further more I don't think Eidos appreciates you guys always flaming their projects. I'm quite positive that Eidos will deliver a good Thief game, they now have a reason to, Assassin's Creed by UbiSoft is a massive competitor. This can only do good for both franchises as competition and variety are both great things.
Well not that Assasin's Creed is anywhere even near the level of a series like Thief (AC being an utter failure in all ways, save perhaps for graphics, I assume they bought every gaming mag/site to get at least a somewhat decent rating). I highly doubt Thief 4 and Assasin's Creed have anywhere near the same target audience (totally different gameplay, Thief requires thinking and planning, whereas AC is just a run&'gun' platform game pretending to be about stealth yet lacking any type of stealth gameplay engine). I know for a fact console gamers sometimes pity us PC gamers, but to be brutally honest I feel for them since they pay such ludicrous amounts of money for such utter crap most of the time.

AaronJ
14th Apr 2008, 19:09
Yes, my past few posts have been aggressive. I will blame that on a flu I had, put me in a sour mood. I guess I'm okay now.

Bloodwolf806
14th Apr 2008, 19:17
Very nice. It looks somehwere between DX1 and IW, which is a good thing.

AaronJ
14th Apr 2008, 19:38
Very nice. It looks somehwere between DX1 and IW, which is a good thing.

Sounds familiar.

Larington
14th Apr 2008, 21:33
I have a lot of faith in the developers to pull this off. But I am somewhat concerned that the british heads of Eidos may be demonstrating a lack of faith in their own product by cutting funding, so I hope they had a very good reason for doing so.

Similarly, if they've done this for funding of the games development, I am concerned that the funds might not be put forward for a good marketing campaign, and quite frankly, a game that doesn't follow the easy path needs to be advertised to encourage certain groups of gamers to follow the road less travelled (But SO worth the effort).

What makes me really uncomfortable is the thought that maybe one day I might be working on a game development project only to find the fundings been 'reduced' and that the quality of my work or indeed, my job, might be at risk as a result.

deus ex fan
18th Apr 2008, 22:51
well,its impossible for companies like EIDOS to cut fundings in so much important (al least for the videogames industry) projects like DX....

i believe that in DX 3,EIDOS will fund enough the development team to make DX 3 a....masterpiece.

it would be shame if DX 3 fails to our expectations.And i dont believe that DX's 3 campaign will be poor(in terms of promoting DX 3)

DX 3 is not a usual videogame.DX is THE game.....

Aminevo
19th Apr 2008, 00:45
I wonder how far they are in development.

AaronJ
19th Apr 2008, 06:05
They probably have the story, which eats at me. I NEED TO KNOW.

deus ex fan
19th Apr 2008, 07:17
i think they are develope NPC's.......;)

very early stages of development........

Larington
19th Apr 2008, 07:51
Well they passed proof of concept approval in (Checks the Eidos Montreal Facebook group) late November, so they've had about 4/5 months of development time which probably means (Sadly, I'm not yet an expert on this) that they'll have mostly paper plans and layouts down for whats going into the levels and probably a bunch of prototype code (The kind you're supposed to throw out once you've got all the features nailed down, though some times release deadlines cause that rule to be bent) to test the various features they plan to put in the game.

At this point, its likely that they'll be at or nearing the 80% of the design concluded stage where theres room for refinement as the necessity is revealed (IE where they conclude a feature will need to be adjusted for one reason or other) and can sit down and start building the character models, levels/environments, props and so on.

They might also have one or two people working on a new bit of hype to feed to the hungry masses, though that might be wishful thinking on my part.

These conclusions are partly based on knowing they have a ready made graphics engine via Crystal Dynamics, which is nice, saves them time spent re-inventing the wheel (Rendering/graphics engine, etc.).

Tracer Tong
19th Apr 2008, 15:35
These conclusions are partly based on knowing they have a ready made graphics engine via Crystal Dynamics, which is nice, saves them time spent re-inventing the wheel (Rendering/graphics engine, etc.).

Rubbish! They're going to do the same job that they (ION Storm) did to Unreal Engine 1. It's a lot of work (it's most of the work after the paper stage is done. Custom UI, mouse interaction, convos, HUD... It sure takes a while)

Larington
19th Apr 2008, 16:26
What I meant is that they don't have to make the graphics engine again FROM SCRATCH, I'd thought that was implicit. The interface, features and gameplay still have to be programmed, obviously.

Joseph Manderley's Corpse
20th Apr 2008, 23:23
All I can say is they BETTER NOT screw this one up.

20th Apr 2008, 23:32
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the picture reminds me of Versa-Life.

Jima B
21st Apr 2008, 10:28
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the picture reminds me of Versa-Life.

That it does...

As for the guy who said this concept of tongs lab isn't accurate....
http://archive.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?/articles/april02/dxbible/snaps/tracertongslab.jpg
I see, in that shot, an enclosed compound, near the canal. Same as in the game :P

Tracer Tong
21st Apr 2008, 21:33
IMHO they put in too much effort drawing the ships... But that game's already done, and very well done for that matter :rasp:

Voltaire
22nd Apr 2008, 14:01
If I'm honest, this concept art seems to be bait for us guys. It gives away so little, but satisfies us enough to believe that this is actually happening.

The time is left unspecified (mech stuff indicates prequel, but there's a certain glossiness about everything, so maybe not) and the pic has a traditional DX mood. You know what I mean? The right amount of clutter, two or three NPCs in a room vents and walkways.

This concept shot is just what the doctor ordered for people waiting for the game, even though there isn't that much substance to go on - I know some people will disagree with that statement, but Eidos are keeping their cards to their chest on this one...

Tracer Tong
22nd Apr 2008, 14:48
If I'm honest, this concept art seems to be bait for us guys. It gives away so little, but satisfies us enough to believe that this is actually happening.

The time is left unspecified (mech stuff indicates prequel, but there's a certain glossiness about everything, so maybe not) and the pic has a traditional DX mood. You know what I mean? The right amount of clutter, two or three NPCs in a room vents and walkways.

This concept shot is just what the doctor ordered for people waiting for the game, even though there isn't that much substance to go on - I know some people will disagree with that statement, but Eidos are keeping their cards to their chest on this one...

That is, if they are smart. The other option (the one that was interpreted by GlobalNode when he reviewed his trailer analysis) is that they're just giving away drawings.

Larington
22nd Apr 2008, 19:35
"This concept shot is just what the doctor ordered for people waiting for the game, even though there isn't that much substance to go on - I know some people will disagree with that statement, but Eidos are keeping their cards to their chest on this one..."

I agree with that completely, its odd how just a little info can go such a long way...

AaronJ
22nd Apr 2008, 22:54
This looks...boring...to be honest. I think thats the perfect word for it. It's bland, we've seen all of these designs before.

rhalibus
23rd Apr 2008, 07:35
I believe the sterile environment might add to the atmosphere--and I can just hear the cool ambient sound effects...:)

Necros
23rd Apr 2008, 13:16
Wow, it is a really nice piece of artwork, I can't wait to see more of Deus Ex 3. :cool:

imported_van_HellSing
23rd Apr 2008, 21:54
Whatever it means, the "title starting with T" tease is gone from the Eidos Montreal site.

First the 2027 date on the DX3 teaser, now this... looks like the studio's trademark is going to be premature leaks ;)

Gary_Savage
24th Apr 2008, 00:57
... looks like the studio's trademark is going to be premature leaks ;)

:lol:

serene_chaos
24th Apr 2008, 02:29
I thought the "T" thing was in reference to reviving Thief?

imported_van_HellSing
24th Apr 2008, 06:56
Most of us think so. There aren't many Eidos franchises starting with "T", can't be Tomb Raider as Crystal Dynamics are already working on one and the series doesn't need reviving, Total Overdose is not really that popular, neither is Typing of the Dead ;)

There's also the fact that Stephane d'Astous had a "T" as his facebook icon for a short time, and it just happened to be the "T" from the Thief logo. Of course, he immediately changed it when people noticed :rasp:

DXeXodus
24th Apr 2008, 07:36
I still think that the T is THief 4 and I will be very excited if it is. They did Thief 3 and DX2 at the same time... I see no reason (apart from the lack of awesomeness of both games - T3 was IMHO the better of the 2) that they wouldnt do it again :rolleyes:

jordan_a
24th Apr 2008, 08:22
They did Thief 3 and DX2 at the same time.Let's just hope they don't do that, all right? :D

imported_van_HellSing
24th Apr 2008, 08:23
I just hope they're in contact with Terri Brosius and the rest of the former LGS staff about the canon, it's even more important in Thief than DX imho. Unless they're going with that modernised version there was talk of earlier, that would be easier. I'm actually quite intrigued by that idea, if they managed to pull it off good, I'd have no qualms about that. They got me at "senator Bafford".

Tracer Tong
24th Apr 2008, 11:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm0hVJ0etYo

Finally, the other part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU) of that video where Stephane is interviewed:

gamer0004
24th Apr 2008, 16:38
Rick Roll :scratch:

24th Apr 2008, 18:55
Rick Roll :scratch:

pwn3d

lulzzzz

Tracer Tong
25th Apr 2008, 07:27
A bit late on that one but YAY :lol:

DXeXodus
25th Apr 2008, 08:35
That was cruel

Tracer Tong
25th Apr 2008, 10:19
Sorry, I want that interview as much as you do.

phlebas
2nd May 2008, 01:06
Looks delicious. I hope this is one of their concept arts...

Kind of GiS-ish I think. Which is a good thing!

B0b_P@ge
4th May 2008, 19:22
You wanna play it before 2015? :scratch:

Yes, Deus Ex1 was the greatest - and in my opinion still is- game in my entire life. I've already waited 8 years and I have absolutely no problem to wait for longer :D

rhalibus
4th May 2008, 21:50
Deus Ex took a year just to QA...If DX3 is anything like DX1 then they might not release it 'till 2010...:eek:

Tracer Tong
5th May 2008, 13:14
Deus Ex took a year just to QA...If DX3 is anything like DX1 then they might not release it 'till 2010...:eek:

I wanna play it before 2027... Don't wanna miss the biopolitical votes...:cool:

AaronJ
5th May 2008, 18:04
It will have to be 2009. It will have to be.

Necros
11th May 2008, 15:44
Based on what they've said in interviews, I think DX3 will be out late 2009 or early 2010. I can wait, just let it be a good game. :cool:

Larington
12th May 2008, 19:14
My money is on Fall (Christmas) 2009, with a 30-50% chance of slipping into first public holiday period of 2010 (Easter possibly)... As much as I hate to say it, no developer is perfect, so I couldn't say with a straight face that theres 0 chance of the game getting a delay announcement at some stage in its late development.

gamer0004
12th May 2008, 19:29
I hope they take another 3 months extra when they've completed the game, just to check everything and polish and balance out everything as much as possible.

DXeXodus
14th May 2008, 11:54
I hope they take another 3 months extra when they've completed the game, just to check everything and polish and balance out everything as much as possible.

Most definitely. I'd rather wait longer than get an unpolished game.

As to when it's released I would put my money on christmas 2009. It might be a bit early, but that is over a year and a half away, and they have already been working on it for a while now.

rhalibus
14th May 2008, 23:20

More accurately, we all hope they'll be allowed another 3 months extra by the publishers to polish and balance...:)

Deus Ex was given the time. DX:IW was denied. The rest is history...:rolleyes:

quelvar
19th May 2008, 08:24
whoa!!!

Just looking at that makes me wanna play it:lmao:

guru7892
13th Jun 2008, 04:21
hey for what its worth:
http://barontieri.deviantart.com/art/DX3-Lab-86296926

the guy looks legit but I didn't do any heavy background into the guy. But from his post we can infer that they have the map being worked on or even completed. It's an easy assumption that they have an alpha build and some test maps up. due to the timing its still a little sketchy in regards to dx10 textures but I would put money on yes.

still this is all speculation based on inferances.

logic has failed us before.

Tracer Tong
15th Jun 2008, 08:47
It pretty much seems like he's the one who painted it... Judging by his style and other paintings.

Nice find!

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 03:12
hey for what its worth:
http://barontieri.deviantart.com/art/DX3-Lab-86296926

the guy looks legit but I didn't do any heavy background into the guy. But from his post we can infer that they have the map being worked on or even completed. It's an easy assumption that they have an alpha build and some test maps up. due to the timing its still a little sketchy in regards to dx10 textures but I would put money on yes.

still this is all speculation based on inferances.

logic has failed us before.

IF they made the lab that large, that would mean the building is going to be as large. IF the building is that large, we get a good idea of the size of the level, too. Could we be seeing a level large enough to actually run around in (loved Liberty Island just for this reason -- space).

The big question will be will it all be night time again, too? I see lights, but inside there will be lights on 24/7.

Some much speculation. Sigh.

Necros
30th Jun 2008, 01:47
Nice find guru7892, Thierry Doizon is an employee of Eidos Montreal, so this is legit.

Digerati
23rd Jul 2008, 01:32
IMO this screenshot portrays Deus Ex perfectly. Really looking forward to more!

rhalibus
23rd Jul 2008, 23:48
The big question will be will it all be night time again, too? I see lights, but inside there will be lights on 24/7.

I wouldn't mind an all night DX3--the darkness always seemed part of the covert theme of Deus Ex, even though some of it was probably to reduce memory-hogging background scenery...:)

HouseOfPain
5th Aug 2008, 18:40
I got the "Rene quoted me once" badge. Happy days =)

DXeXodus
7th Aug 2008, 12:16
Something new has popped up on the net regarding this image:

piece of concept art from the new Deus Ex has emerged online, depicting a high tech laboratory.

The lab is fairly non-descript, but there are a few details PC Zone's Will Porter just pointed out to us.

If you look closely, there's an augmentation canister in the background and to the right is a mechanical hand and some legs hanging up. The symbol on the floor also looks familiar, but we can't remember where we've seen it.

The image was posted on the deviant art page of a concept designer known as BaronTiERi.

The artist claims to have worked on Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed. Whilst we can't confirm this, his internet presence is quite extensive. We'd be surprised if this was an elaborate fake.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194767

:scratch:

AaronJ
7th Aug 2008, 15:17
This is where analyzing gets unfair. "LOOK WHAT I POINTED OUT!" says some ******* from a magazine, and he gets the credit.

Larington
7th Aug 2008, 17:06
I see your http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=194767 and raise you a http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/08/06/rumours-of-new-deus-ex-3-artwork-greatly-exaggerated/

jcp28
7th Aug 2008, 22:31
I was hoping it would be something new.....:mad2:

Grey
13th Aug 2008, 08:40
Wow, looks cool. Just cant wait for the release.

raz3r
13th Aug 2008, 17:21
That's really cool :eek: I want to visit studios too :mad2:

Vadim Verenich
13th Aug 2008, 18:47
A new age of Deus Ex 3, yes. Too bad you won't be able to see it. At least, until 01.01.2010

Vadim Verenich
13th Aug 2008, 19:09
Seven art concept shots can be found on a photo Mr.Jordan_A has kindly provided us with. Just look at left upper corner of image that depicts Mr.D'Astous punching the training bag (without gloves!) and try to perform a pixel-hunt.

El_Bel
13th Aug 2008, 19:31
Oh-my-gods you are right!!!

Vadim Verenich
13th Aug 2008, 20:06
Oh-my-gods you are right!!!

As a professional detective, i have a bad habit to ivestigate all available evidence.

René
14th Aug 2008, 12:32
I thought Aaron would've long ago analyzed those, blurry though they may be...

DXeXodus
15th Aug 2008, 03:53
That is strange because the piece of art that we have been talking about is on that wall, so it must be official then :)

AaronJ
15th Aug 2008, 23:13
I thought Aaron would've long ago analyzed those, blurry though they may be...

I'm a fanboy, not a photo specialist.

And if I was to do it, it would probably only be a forum post.

Larington
16th Aug 2008, 08:15
Just went back to that image and had a look, unfortunately theres very little that can be made out partly because of zoom/scaling issues but also because the image has clear signs of having been jpeg'd (Visible around the edges of the word bubbles as distortion in the white segments).

I can see what looks like more environments and a character concept, possibly also some equipment, but with this image quality the equipment could be anything from a belt with various slots for a characters tools to some kind of futuristic vehicle.

Wait, could there be sketches there of how the character concept might have mechanical augmentations built in?

No, no, no, no, no, I must not contribute to the hype train, I must not contribute to the hype train...

I wonder if DX3 will explore the issue of how a mechanically augmented agent might - over the cause of successive modifications - start to lose his/her humanity.

El_Bel
16th Aug 2008, 10:22
About the character in black. I dont know if he is a character at all!! All black with something white on his chest? The legs are only half his body, and he is very slim. I dont know what he/it is. Our best bet is the weapons!! But i cant make anything of them either!!! But by what i saw i think they are a bit futuristic. I hope i am wrong. And I saw a red barrel!! Yes there will be barrels in DX3!!

gamer0004
17th Aug 2008, 17:03
Can't we just send the image to Interpol and let them sharpen the images? They can do that, you know.

Necros
18th Aug 2008, 05:28
Every employee has got his own small toy (nice screensaver)
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4459/dsc0024xe3.jpg
I WANT that screensaver! :mad2: :D René, please, can you guys release that? Like very soon? Pretty Please? :D

About the game itself, I can tell you right now: it looks really really great. First of all, from what I gathered, many issues have been taken into account and it looks the community has played a role in it since their worries are really taken seriously.
Moreover, the early echoes from real players (including fans) are extremely positive.
One last thing, if you're looking for freedom in DX3 you should not be disappointed, it will be a key element.

Concerning the news releases, you need not worry... all in due time and regularly.
That sounds great! :cool: But could you give a hint about when can we expect the next news release? :whistle:

DXeXodus
18th Aug 2008, 05:45
That sounds great! :cool: But could you give a hint about when can we expect the next news release? :whistle:

Sometime between now and the final release date. ;)

Necros
18th Aug 2008, 07:47
Sometime between now and the final release date. ;)
You are evil. :( :lol: And how about that screensaver? http://img200.imagevenue.com/loc532/th_48053_angel_122_532lo.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Aug 2008, 07:49
I love the screen saver.
Perhaps EM will release it as a free download for fans soon. ;) :cool:

René
18th Aug 2008, 13:01
I WANT that screensaver! :mad2: :D René, please, can you guys release that? Like very soon? Pretty Please? :D

We will. Or something similar. Though I cannot say how soon it will be unfortunately.

Things are taking longer than expected, that much is true. But I don't want to say much more right now. Sorry.

René
18th Aug 2008, 13:05
And I saw a red barrel!! Yes there will be barrels in DX3!!

I think barrels and crates are required by any first-person shooting game. I believe John Carmack signed that into law when he created Spear of Destiny, Wolf3D, and Doom...

gamer0004
18th Aug 2008, 14:45
So you know of it?
Really I just can't stand this! Mortals like me know about this game already
<:(
But at least there will be news... And TNM is so far away as well...

Larington
18th Aug 2008, 18:37
A game with the scope and size of DX3 taking longer than expected, even in areas like news releases doesn't surprise me at all, I'm sure anyone with half a brain will know thats a good sign so no worries I think.

jcp28
18th Aug 2008, 21:04
^
Let's hope it's a good sign. There have been plenty of hyped games that have been in development for years that end up disappointing in the end(hint, Daikatana, hint)

DXeXodus
19th Aug 2008, 04:01
I am glad that they are taking their time with this game. So long as that extra time is productive and leads to good content then I am happy.

Necros
19th Aug 2008, 10:34
We will. Or something similar. Though I cannot say how soon it will be unfortunately.
:thumbsup: Good news. :) Though I think you should be able to release it soon because it's not showing anything from the game, it's "just" a cool Deus Ex 3 logo. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Aug 2008, 07:14
^
Yeah, come on Rene... give us that screensaver. :p :D

DXeXodus
22nd Aug 2008, 05:37
I was an Ion Storm forum Moderator during the Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 releases, believe me...it was a very rough place after the games were released.

I can only imagine what that must of been like. It's tough enough being a mod for DX3. :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Aug 2008, 07:09
Best of luck to all of you in Eidos Montreal. As a proud Canadian (Prince Edward Island), I have high hopes that your team will turn this series around. I was an Ion Storm forum Moderator during the Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 releases, believe me...it was a very rough place after the games were released...but I have faith again. :)

I'm very hopeful that your team will be able to pull the Thief series together as well. Not sure if you've heard of us, but I'm a member of The Dark Mod (http://www.thedarkmod.com) team. We're making a Thief inspired mod with the Doom 3 engine. :)

Wow, yeah, that must have been a scary time... lots of gamers on the rampage there, hehe. :eek: :D

OMG, as a member of the Thief Dark Mod team, I humbly bow before you! :)
I have nothing but the utmost praise for the Thief fan mission community.... thanks to people like you, I can still enjoy taffing around.
Long live Garrett and all fan mission makers! :cool:

Necros
22nd Aug 2008, 17:29
I'm very hopeful that your team will be able to pull the Thief series together as well.
Do you mean Thief 3 wasn't good? If you do, I disagree, I loved that one too.

Not sure if you've heard of us, but I'm a member of The Dark Mod (http://www.thedarkmod.com) team. We're making a Thief inspired mod with the Doom 3 engine. :)
Hurry up, will ya'? :rolleyes: :D Just kidding, great to have you here! :) And I really like what you guys are doing, big respect! :thumbsup:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Aug 2008, 22:23
Haha, no need for that. :) We're just happy to give back to the community and help it grow.

I'm sorry, but you guys are truly worshipped, so credit where its due! :p
*throws rose petals at NewHorizon's feet too* :D

Necros
29th Aug 2008, 09:59
It was good, just not 'as good' as what came before...
Hm, I wouldn't say that. :) I loved Thief 3 just as much as I did the first two games. :cool:

DXeXodus
29th Aug 2008, 10:26
The step made between Thief 2 and Thief 3 was one of a much higher quality than the step between DX1 and DX2 IMO.

Noceur
29th Aug 2008, 16:33
The step made between Thief 2 and Thief 3 was one of a much higher quality than the step between DX1 and DX2 IMO.

I certainly agree. With the exception of shoebox levels, missing rope arrows (and lower difficulty, I believe some felt) Thief 3 was very true to its franchise.

ewanlaing
30th Aug 2008, 00:52
To be honest, I preferred Thief 3 to Thief 2, and perhaps even the original. It seemed like they really captured the essence of the series in that third game, even though it was a different developer.
And I did prefer the climbing gloves to rope arrows. Don't hate me!

Larington
30th Aug 2008, 07:00
Credit where its due, Theif 3 worked very well, it had a good conclusion to the series and was more or less faithful to the previous games. Though I also share some of the contension around the switch from climbing ropes to climbing gloves, I don't think it overtly harmed the game whilst allowing developers to come up with different ways of giving a purpose to a climbing tool without first having to come up with the inclusion of slightly immersion breaking 'climbing point hints' so I think I can see what they were doing with it, whether or not I agree with the decision is moot.

Larington
3rd Sep 2008, 18:14
Heh, theres something I forgot about, I always did think it was nice to see barrel being used as heat source for bums and so on rather than just as conveniently placed explosive fuel barrels <TM>.

gamer0004
3rd Sep 2008, 18:49
I was wondering... Was the artwork leaked or released?

ewanlaing
3rd Sep 2008, 22:58
I think it was released by the artist(e) but i could be wrong.

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Sep 2008, 23:07
It was unofficially released. Basically, the artist put it in his gallery along with the comment that it's for Deus Ex 3. People were not sure at first if he was actually working for Eidos, but it's confirmed now.

LuciusDeBeers
6th Sep 2008, 23:12
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/482/img0028xm7.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0028xm7.jpg)

That is all...for now :D

pewbeng
6th Sep 2008, 23:38
Can't wait.

I just hope they don't just do a 4-sites-feature picking the teaser apart. :D

JerichoMccoy
6th Sep 2008, 23:39

Dude, a month to wait on information!? Are you serious!?! And you just show us ONE PICTURE?!

I wonder if there are any hidden messages in that one as well...

LuciusDeBeers
7th Sep 2008, 00:18

Dude, a month to wait on information!? Are you serious!?! And you just show us ONE PICTURE?!

I wonder if there are any hidden messages in that one as well...

One picture is all there is I'm afraid. It doesn't mention being an exclusive though, possibly meaning there could be info released prior to October.

JerichoMccoy
7th Sep 2008, 00:33
Well, I do see that there are somethings one can figure out from that one picture.

Please take a look at Exhibit A:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4550/deusex3spoilerpq6.jpg

As you can see, my observations are noted but I know there maybe some other things I have missed out.

Like how they say "The conspiracy is revealed" and in the background showcasing naked fetus...

Does that mean DX3 will include nudity, a first for the Deus Ex franchise? More observations with theories of extraordinary proportions will have to be induced...

imported_van_HellSing
7th Sep 2008, 03:53
I've never seen a clothed fetus, you know.

Gizmostuff
7th Sep 2008, 05:17
At least we have a date on the new info. Thx op!

Tracer Tong
7th Sep 2008, 07:34
more info yaaaaay!:nut: :nut: :nut: :D

Larington
7th Sep 2008, 08:15
This has probably already occured to folks but I'll say it anyway, the empty space will almost certainly be taken up by other news-worthy stories, just minus a picture to go along with the headlines.

Looks like I'll buying a PC Gaming mag other than PC Gamer UK this year then.

Stealth edit: Also, this is where we'll find out if any of the entries in the controversial headlines thread are actually true.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Sep 2008, 10:14
I just hope the magazine article actually does reveal much more than we already know, or have guessed upon... :)

Clucky
7th Sep 2008, 12:26
I can not say PC zone is the pinnacle of gaming journalism, I don't have high hopes. But hopefully that'll mean I'm pleasantly surprised on the 9th. :)

Yay for pessimism! :D

jordan_a
7th Sep 2008, 12:36
Please remember to post the scanned pages for those who don't live in the UK.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Sep 2008, 12:39

Might do.... what's it worth? :whistle:

:p :D

jordan_a
7th Sep 2008, 12:40
You want a revelation? :nut:

El_Bel
7th Sep 2008, 13:16
I am holding an Omar hostage. Scanned pages for his life? :rasp:

Absentia
7th Sep 2008, 16:15
I'm so happy I'm English right now. I'm buying that.

René
7th Sep 2008, 17:18
As you can see, my observations are noted but I know there maybe some other things I have missed out.

Like how they say "The conspiracy is revealed" and in the background showcasing naked fetus...

Does that mean DX3 will include nudity, a first for the Deus Ex franchise? More observations with theories of extraordinary proportions will have to be induced...

Awesome analysis! The big question is: why is there empty space on the right-hand side? Very astute observation!

René
7th Sep 2008, 17:20

I don't see that being a problem! You might not even need a UK magazine in the end...

gamer0004
7th Sep 2008, 18:38
I don't see that being a problem! You might not even need a UK magazine in the end...

Oooh Rene's got information for us!!!!

jordan_a
7th Sep 2008, 19:44
I don't see that being a problem! You might not even need a UK magazine in the end...That's more like it!

AaronJ
7th Sep 2008, 20:53
I Am Now In Complete Isolation Until The 9th, When I Have Finished Analyzing Every Aspect.

STOP CAPS BLOCKING ME

jordan_a
7th Sep 2008, 21:01
How can you be more isolated than you already are? ;)

AaronJ
7th Sep 2008, 21:03
Locking windows and doors.

Oh, and I have a promise: If anyone tries to beat me out of the analysis for the new information, I solemnly swear that I will troll you for the rest of your life.

JerichoMccoy
7th Sep 2008, 21:19

Oh, and I have a promise: If anyone tries to beat me out of the analysis for the new information, I solemnly swear that I will troll you for the rest of your life.

Ooo, my private Troll! If I brush your hair or rub your belly button, do you also give good luck?

El_Bel
7th Sep 2008, 21:24

That sounds like a challenge!!!

AaronJ
7th Sep 2008, 22:53
Ooo, my private Troll! If I brush your hair or rub your belly button, do you also give good luck?

No. Bad luck.

That sounds like a challenge!!!

It most certainly is not.

DXeXodus
8th Sep 2008, 03:45
This is the kind of news we have been looking forward to for a long time. We shall finally get our dirty little hands on some new DX3 information..... hopefully. :D

IH-Denton
8th Sep 2008, 13:43
nice photos...
Wish you luck, eidosmotreals, with this project. We was wating Deus Ex 2 throughout four years with the same feelings of rapture. Just do what you do. And do it best. And we will be always wating forward for Deus Ex 3 no matter what.

Frog
8th Sep 2008, 14:34
Sweet!!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Sep 2008, 21:20
Just found this short review about the upcoming magazine:

By Pete Haas: 2008-09-08 11:05:31

Deus Ex 3 Details Coming Soon

About nine months after the teaser trailer hit the interwebz, more information about Deus Ex 3 is about to be revealed. A gaming mag over in Jolly Old England has a story about the highly anticipated sequel in an upcoming issue.

According to a post on NeoGAF forums, the next issue of PC Zone will have a story about the third installment in the conspiracy shooter series. According to the PC Zone advertisement, the issue will hit newsstands on October 9th and presumably subscribers will get their hands on the issue a week or so beforehand. So expect some solid info on the game soon-ish.

The only things really known at this point are that it'll be for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC and it might be a prequel to the other two games. It'll be nice to finally catch a glimpse of a screenshot or two. In case you didn't catch it, here's the teaser trailer again.

For source, click HERE (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Deus-Ex-3-Details-Coming-Soon-12095.html).

So, anyone a UK subscriber? :)

Absentia
8th Sep 2008, 21:31
The only things really known at this point are that it'll be for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC and it might be a prequel to the other two games.

Look away, Aaron...
Bah, hardly a "confirmation" anyway. but yeah, can't wait!

El_Bel
8th Sep 2008, 21:38
it might be a prequel to the other two games.

I might start believing in god..

casT-
8th Sep 2008, 23:25
Well, if there are ghosts involved i would say: Ghosts in their Shells if you know what i mean:)

Im a GITS fan it's true but i love Deus EX too, so no hard feelings.

DXeXodus
9th Sep 2008, 04:13
Thanks for posting that MissD. :thumbsup:
I'm sure there will be information all over the place once the subscribers get their hands on an issue.

Exciting times lie ahead.

J.CDenton
9th Sep 2008, 08:46
News at least! It was about time! Or maybe we're too much in a hurry. So in a few time we'll have a better idea about how DX3 will look like. Can't wait to see that!

pewbeng
9th Sep 2008, 08:56
DAMN YOU, BRAIN!

My mind apparently converted "Oct 9th" to "Sep 9th". Imagine my disappointment checking the forum today.

Awrrhawrr. Shoot me now.

imported_van_HellSing
9th Sep 2008, 08:59
Boom! Headshot!

DXeXodus
9th Sep 2008, 09:26
DAMN YOU, BRAIN!

My mind apparently converted "Oct 9th" to "Sep 9th". Imagine my disappointment checking the forum today.

Awrrhawrr. Shoot me now.

You poor thing. Only 30 more sleeps. :D

*Double Kill*

Romeo
9th Sep 2008, 23:39
I've never seen a clothed fetus, you know.
Saw one at this party once... With flaming penguins.

AaronJ
10th Sep 2008, 17:11
The irony of releasing the news of a Canadian game in a UK magazine.

imported_van_HellSing
10th Sep 2008, 17:33
It's not an "exclusive", other magazines will have the info too.

Augmented Cactuar
10th Sep 2008, 17:36
Also, Steve Butts on IGN PC's podcast hinted at very big news about a new title coming in the next month. *puts on speculation goggles* It could be Deus Ex 3 :)

K^2
10th Sep 2008, 17:48
The irony of releasing the news of a Canadian game in a UK magazine.
Well, Canada is still under Royal Crown of United Kingdoms, so it isn't that odd. Besides, Eidos HQ is located in UK as well. So it all makes some sense.

Unstoppable
10th Sep 2008, 18:31
Someone who lives near PC Zone post as Eidos employee and say you want to check up on the issue that will feature DX. Take some pics in a mini spy camera and proceed toward the exit point.

If anyone gets in your way take them out but choose wisely. Goodluck Agent.

BTW I was jk :p.

AaronJ
10th Sep 2008, 23:54
Well, Canada is still under Royal Crown of United Kingdoms, so it isn't that odd. Besides, Eidos HQ is located in UK as well. So it all makes some sense.

My comment was referring to availability thar.

ewanlaing
11th Sep 2008, 08:14
Hmmm, but Thief 1 and 2 established the essence of the series. ;) I can't agree with you sadly. The world they created in TDS was far more generic looking, it could have been any medieval fantasy world. There was hardly a trace of the steampunk world established in T1 and 2, it was just generic fantasy. I think they just captured more of what you were personally looking for in a game...for me, not so much. I wanted something which updated the visual style of the original games, and retained the complexity and depth.

That's a fair point. I wasn't really looking out for the steampunk aspect so much. There was some of it in the Hammer levels (like the clocktower) but obviously, it wasn't too apparent compared to the previous games.

Red
11th Sep 2008, 11:57
Someone who lives near PC Zone post as Eidos employee and say you want to check up on the issue that will feature DX. Take some pics in a mini spy camera and proceed toward the exit point.

BTW I was jk :p.

Well, actually, It'd be easier just to wait for the October 9th :P

jordan_a
11th Sep 2008, 12:23
Please stick this thread before october! :D

DXeXodus
11th Sep 2008, 12:34
Complete chaos is going to break out in October. Please, guys, just be nice when the information comes out. I don't want more headaches from raving forumites.

gamer0004
11th Sep 2008, 14:22
Complete chaos is going to break out in October. Please, guys, just be nice when the information comes out. I don't want more headaches from raving forumites.

Yet another clue for prequel to IW, sequel to DX! There would be no chaos if it'd just be a preuqel...

Romeo
11th Sep 2008, 15:24

BTW I was NOT jk :p.
OH OH! I have Eidos/Deus Ex 3 Apperal, AND a mini-spy camera! And I could take out a few Brits without a second thought - I'm Irish! I'll do it!

Romeo
11th Sep 2008, 15:26
And I'll sticky this up until Rene or Exodus undo it.

JerichoMccoy
12th Sep 2008, 03:25

...Better pack up the Tylenol.

DXeXodus
12th Sep 2008, 03:48
I have already started sharpening my bayonet. :p

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 06:00
Haha, Exodus, see, I'm prepared. I have some T3's still kicking around. Ain't no headache big enough to stop a pair of those babies. =D

JerichoMccoy
12th Sep 2008, 15:19
If you guys want me to be your personal bodyguard, hey, I can bring over my friend EJ and his dog.

http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ewj4.jpg

Just let me know and I'll prep the Cow Launching Pad.

Larington
12th Sep 2008, 17:23
I suspect this is where we find out its going to be a prequel with universal ammo and no skills system, sending three separate arms of the forum community into outrage, only ending when the mods/admins give up and lock the whole forum.

Just saying in an 'in before the lock' sort of way. :D

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 19:11
If that happened I'd probably light myself on fire and jump off the roof, which would be enough to seriously injure me, but not kill me. Then I'd sue Eidos for leaving me no other options. With all the moneys I made, I'd buy the Deus Ex franchise and make the next one myself.

Or I might just complain hysterically and not buy from Eidos again, but I like my first option better.

general kane
13th Sep 2008, 15:30
wow i cat wait ( he enters his tank and gets to the pc zone headquarters ) dude ur the coolest member in the whole of eidos .:thumbsup:

Dan_Hibiki
13th Sep 2008, 17:21
If that happened I'd probably light myself on fire and jump off the roof, which would be enough to seriously injure me, but not kill me. Then I'd sue Eidos for leaving me no other options. With all the moneys I made, I'd buy the Deus Ex franchise and make the next one myself.

Or I might just complain hysterically and not buy from Eidos again, but I like my first option better.

dude, you've got one hell of a resilience. you've augmented, already?!

and if you've bought it, will you sell the license to Herr Uwe Boll?

jordan_a
13th Sep 2008, 18:42
This magazine will surely confirm what I saw in Montréal and know: this game will rock! ;)

JerichoMccoy
13th Sep 2008, 23:02
This magazine will surely confirm what I saw in Montréal and know: this game will rock! ;)

Just wanting to know if you wanted to be quoted on that because if it does not...

http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/images/nightsuit/nightmare1a.jpg

We will find you...

Bloodwolf806
14th Sep 2008, 03:26
Nice. Can't wait 'till all is revealed.

DXeXodus
15th Sep 2008, 03:42

I believe the same thing. This is going to be the comeback kid of the DX series.

Romeo
16th Sep 2008, 06:22
Just wanting to know if you wanted to be quoted on that because if it does not...

http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/images/nightsuit/nightmare1a.jpg

We will find you...
Man, if you're going to send an assassin, can't you send the hot terminator chick? Or Angelina Jolie?

And no I would not sell the license to Herr Uwe Bell. I would gladly give it to him...

..Kidding.

Romeo
16th Sep 2008, 07:01
I guess it should be mentioned as well that cp[ying the article and posting it here is not only against Eidos rules, but infringement of copyright. Be cool, support the magazine and don't be uncool.

Jerion
16th Sep 2008, 08:38
I guess it should be mentioned as well that cp[ying the article and posting it here is not only against Eidos rules, but infringement of copyright. Be cool, support the magazine and don't be uncool.

But I'm not in the UK! How will I get my precious DX 3 info? :eek:

DXeXodus
16th Sep 2008, 08:57
Someone will post all of it.. then you will copy it and paste it onto your PC... then us diligent mods will be all mod like, but then you have it already. :D

imported_van_HellSing
16th Sep 2008, 11:00
But I'm not in the UK! How will I get my precious DX 3 info? :eek:

PC Zone doesn't have an "exclusive" for the info. It will be in other gaming magazines that get released that month too.

DXeXodus
16th Sep 2008, 12:19
I am guessing that it will also be revealed in some online publications which will can be linked to.

JerichoMccoy
16th Sep 2008, 14:36
Sure it's just an online gaming site...

...led by the Illuminati! You fiends!

Romeo
16th Sep 2008, 16:06
Yes, PC Zone frequently posts important articles on their website. Check there if you're outside the UK (Like myself). If not, I'm sure an insider will tip off IGN.

Augmented Cactuar
16th Sep 2008, 18:01
If not, I'm sure an insider will tip off IGN.

Oh I will ;)

LatwPIAT
16th Sep 2008, 21:20
Hacker Creed: "Information wants to be free."

There are laws against scanning and posting the pages (Rightfully so.) However, there is nothing to prevent people from posting summaries and the alike here.

Romeo
17th Sep 2008, 04:27
Valid point. Or... Or... You could simply go to their site for god's sakes. lol

ThatDeadDude
17th Sep 2008, 11:54
Ooooh... looks like I chose a good time to break a long period of inactivity and see if any news had been forthcoming. Yays...

Romeo
18th Sep 2008, 02:00
22 days, and you'll have what you want.

DXeXodus
18th Sep 2008, 03:49
Possibly even less days if we are lucky.

JerichoMccoy
18th Sep 2008, 13:50
"All I have to ask is one question: Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Romeo
18th Sep 2008, 14:48
Cyber-punk. =P

Still, in a worst case scenario, three weeks isn't too bad to wait.

general kane
18th Sep 2008, 15:37
u know i am curently dead traying to fight the urge to wait , maybe ill to PC ZoNE break into the office and steal them :whistle: .

pewbeng
18th Sep 2008, 17:34
You should. I don't want to encourage that, but.. Well. Go ahead. Please. Really. I BEG YOU.

gamer0004
18th Sep 2008, 17:39
Cyber-punk. =P

Still, in a worst case scenario, three weeks isn't too bad to wait.

It is. I'm in Turkey in three weeks so it will be FOUR WEEKS FOR ME.

MaxxQ1
18th Sep 2008, 20:21
Well, after a quick perusal of the November issue of PC Gamer (just arrived in the mail today), there's nothing in there about DX3, and nothing was mentioned about it being in the next issue either. Not even a vague hint about something special in the next issue.

So, whatever the big to do is, it's not made it into THAT magazine yet.

Bloodwolf806
19th Sep 2008, 01:45
So will news/screens/vids be hitting the Internet about the same time as the mags?

Romeo
19th Sep 2008, 02:18
It is. I'm in Turkey in three weeks so it will be FOUR WEEKS FOR ME.
Yeah, 99.9% of the time, they'll release top articles online at the same time as their paper counterparts. If not, I'll turn a blind eye to a quick summary of the article. But only if they don't post it online.

ThatDeadDude
19th Sep 2008, 12:41
It'll be online somewhere... I've seen scans go online even when the exclusives have gone to magazines in countries whose languages I can't even read...

AaronJ
19th Sep 2008, 17:52
Everybody better post links here right away...

Romeo
19th Sep 2008, 22:37
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/sites/pczone/

Check up October 9th, would be my guess.

general kane
22nd Sep 2008, 15:29
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=product&id=188686

i havent seen that before , anyways the website isnt going to display the preview till the magezine spells out the preview ,

personally i think that GFW should do the preview .

gamer0004
22nd Sep 2008, 16:09
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=product&id=188686

i havent seen that before , anyways the website isnt going to display the preview till the magezine spells out the preview ,

personally i think that GFW should do the preview .

Image is broken...

Romeo
23rd Sep 2008, 17:03
Again, in the worst-case scenario and you check their website and they don't have it listed on the 9th, and you don't live in England, then (AND ONLY THEN) I'll allow someone to summerize it on this thread.