PDA

View Full Version : ALL MAPS Maps with night vision

Syranetic
11th Jan 2014, 19:32
It would be interesting if some maps featured a night setting that created difficulty for the humans to see, requiring use of torches or something environmental that might give them a slight edge (to counter the vampires having a night-vision ability to more easily spot the humans).

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 19:36
Very interesting however gamma and such will always mess things like this up sadly.

Syranetic
11th Jan 2014, 19:44
I can't think of any specific examples off-hand but I have played games where raising the gamma didn't really help and the picture was still fairly obscured.

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 19:54
I can't think of any specific examples off-hand but I have played games where raising the gamma didn't really help and the picture was still fairly obscured.
And you think that is how it will work out in a competitive PVP game?

Syranetic
11th Jan 2014, 20:01
Just because something is difficult doesn't mean it's not possible. Look at the internet-enabled device you're using to type that forum post.

In Crysis 3 multiplayer games for example all you have for example is a camo which shows you as a faint outline and a bow/melee .... vs enemies with guns. The principle is not that much different.

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 20:12
Just because something is difficult doesn't mean it's not possible. Look at the internet-enabled device you're using to type that forum post.

In Crysis 3 multiplayer games for example all you have for example is a camo which shows you as a faint outline and a bow/melee .... vs enemies with guns. The principle is not that much different.Outlining someone and making sure the map is dark enough for people is very different things. As Corey has stated, their team is rather small and that makes it they can't focus on specific features which would just be used on a few maps over implementing more classes, balancing and bug fixing. I would assume this is something they could possibly implement way later but I doubt it is an option now.

cmstache
12th Jan 2014, 02:50
I think night would be cool. Making it more shadowy vs bright. It'd definitely make you rely on those sounds they've invested so much time in. Maybe lights indoors, but dark outside?

hirukaru
12th Jan 2014, 16:12
I think night would be cool. Making it more shadowy vs bright. It'd definitely make you rely on those sounds they've invested so much time in. Maybe lights indoors, but dark outside?

And vampires have better sight outside and less inside cause of the light.
and for the humans the other way around.

That would be fun.

Gamma is indeed a big issue but adjusting this will also make the indoors way lighter. and can blind your eyes.

Kuro1n
12th Jan 2014, 19:20
And vampires have better sight outside and less inside cause of the light.
and for the humans the other way around.

That would be fun.

Gamma is indeed a big issue but adjusting this will also make the indoors way lighter. and can blind your eyes.

Hardly more than it already does, I am currently playing very bright and it just makes it easier.

jestdoit
12th Jan 2014, 20:44
Players will just adjust the gamma/brightness/color curves through driver or calibration software. Professional gaming monitors also let you raise black levels (removing shadows), saturate colors, while capping the glare.

This isn't a sim, it's a potentially competitive 4v4 action team game. Clean visuals and finding targets quickly is important, because the gameplay is about angles and timing, not about playing where's waldo.

Emjay86
5th Apr 2014, 14:06
The only thing here is it would make it too difficulty for the humans.

Its easy enough as it is for the vampires to leap into combat at lightning speeds.

Also have you ever fought as a human in one of the reavers bombs? All you get is spam fire everywhere. Thats what will happen in night time...