PDA

View Full Version : My art! (Please view and comment!)

tombraidergal
5th Sep 2008, 17:52
hiya, my website has all my art if you'd like to visit it, www.laracroft-art.piczo.com
thanks and make sure you comment on here and on the website! thanks...

LaraCroftRox
5th Sep 2008, 17:54
hiya, my website has all my art if you'd like to visit it, www.laracroft-art.piczo.com

Lovely, but if you want some constructive critisism, maybe try to porportion Lara, and give her a neck. Not complaining, just trying to help. Great work. :D ;)

tombraidergal
5th Sep 2008, 17:58
well yes, i do sometimes draw necks, but i just rdaw curve up staight away as you can see, but some pictures look better don't they, classic legend and aod are my most recent, i did some more but i didnt post them because i didnt want to...

lilhanhan
5th Sep 2008, 18:02
Nice drawings, they're quite good although you could improve on her head and neck, they seem a bit out of proportion when compared to her body...

But don't let that stop you, keep practising and you'll improve in no time! :D

tombraidergal
5th Sep 2008, 18:17
Nice drawings, they're quite good although you could improve on her head and neck, they seem a bit out of proportion when compared to her body...

But don't let that stop you, keep practising and you'll improve in no time! :D

are you looking at art or the other pages too, underworld art and others is improved, so is classic, legend and aod.

Lara_Super_Fan
5th Sep 2008, 18:28
It looks like it was drawn by an 5 year old! It is bad. Sorry, but you told me to comment, and I'm commenting. :(

tombraidergal
5th Sep 2008, 18:36
thanks lara_super_fan... your that one that was on my planning a tr thread and was really nasty, sorry to say this but i h8 you, you couldnt do any better, and i think people said your a 15 year old, well i'm not much younger and i have to say, if that looks like a 5 year olds drawing... i dont know, but, lets see you draw lara croft see how well you do. i always draw like this, and if its a problem, then point out the good stuff and save the 5 year old things to yourself, like it is good, but it could be better, thats what i like to hear, i have done some very good pictures that my friends think look great. and 5 year olds draw pictures with circle bodies, circle heads freaky fingers, and all. i dont draw like a 5 year old!

Dr.Willard
5th Sep 2008, 18:38
That's a blatant insult. I ask for no other member to reply to his post as we'll let the moderators sort this out from here on. ;)

Dukem
5th Sep 2008, 18:39
Your comments weren't very constructive, Lara_Super_Fan. There's no need to insult someone just because you can't appreciate their artwork.

I think they look great, tombraidergal. :) I especially like your drawing of Natla. :D Some of them almost look like charactertures. You definitely have a great style going there. ;) Keep at it! :thumbsup:

lilhanhan
5th Sep 2008, 18:42
I just looked at the classic, AoD work and there is an improvement; just make sure you remember and practice body proportions when drawing a full pictures of Lara and co. ;)

Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT- Dukem, look at the post above you; trust me, you'll only encourage LSF to come back and say more insults...

tombraidergal
5th Sep 2008, 18:42
That's a blatant insult. I ask for no other member to reply to his post as we'll let the moderators sort this out from here on. ;)

from me or him, dont close this thread please! I want people to see my art, i was just making a basic point, but dr willard, thats one of the characters in the previous games isnt it, i looked it up lol. do you like my art or not, i dont mind as long as its not rude.:lol:

LaraCroftRox
5th Sep 2008, 18:45
It looks like it was drawn by an 5 year old! It is bad. Sorry, but you told me to comment, and I'm commenting. :(

I'm sorry, but please have respect for tombraidergal. She must have put a lot of effort into those drawings so give her some credit. They're lovely, so please, if your going to try and say something constructive, do, but dont say something so unnecessary. ****

Dr.Willard
5th Sep 2008, 18:48
from me or him, dont close this thread please! I want people to see my art, i was just making a basic point, but dr willard, thats one of the characters in the previous games isnt it, i looked it up lol. do you like my art or not, i dont mind as long as its not rude.:lol:

They won't delete the thread ;) They have no reason to. I was referring to the other member by the way.

Let's continue the topic of your art :D

blonde croft
5th Sep 2008, 18:49
Tombraidergal you can draw better then most people i know! and myself! and your drawings are beautiful!

Rexie
5th Sep 2008, 18:51
Isn't that's the point of showing your art? to get criticism and get better?

And I am not going to say anything, because I 'insulted' 50 people today. And not to mention, everytime when I tell my opinion, I get yelled at.

lilhanhan
5th Sep 2008, 18:52
Let's continue the topic of your art :D

I agree just ignore LSF...

If a mod does delete their post they'll also delete anybody who quotes it, so it's best to totally ignore it. :)

@ Rexie

Constructive criticism is fine but just finding an excuse to insult someone isn't...LSF has done this before. :(

RinoTheBouncer
5th Sep 2008, 19:27
u did a gr8 job, although they seem a bit cartoonish but that's the most amazing thing 'bout it, they can be perfect if u give them a comedy story, like drawing Lara and the Kraken then then the spiky chandelier falls on the head of the Kraken n says ur lost naughty Kraken then when it falls on it's head it's like Wis wis wis wis wis wis n starts n birds revolve round the Kraken's head, it's gonna be amazing

tombraidergal
6th Sep 2008, 09:42
thanks you guys, i can'y change my drawing style but i can copy drawings really good. everyone of my class mates says so. i know i draw cartoony but i cant seem to change her head shape or her neck and body, its just really difficult, and rhino the bouncer, i am soooo lost in your idea, it sounded enthusiastic and hard to understand but i will try and do that even though i haven't the fogiest what the kraken is, i only have legend and anniversary, hoping for underworld too. my xbxo 360 has gone into spasm...

lilhanhan
6th Sep 2008, 09:51
Drawing "cartoony" isn't a bad thing, it's your style; if you improve it you can be able to master your own unique style...

You could look at some tutorials (there's quite a lot on the web), you could slowly copy their techniques and then make them your own.

Don't give up and keep practising. :D

Singstar90210
6th Sep 2008, 13:20
I love these! You can color drawings a lot better than I can. (My cloth textures are pretty flat if people look at my art! :lol:) There is a real improvement in the AOD drawings. I also like the Natla drawing.

One suggestion - (i'm surprised no one suggested this) You can try drawing the drawings on something special like drawing paper. Your effects will really pop. But if you're comfortable using lined paper that's fine too! :D I tend to draw on there sometimes.

m_gunselman
6th Sep 2008, 13:39
I like the drawings of Lara in the ripped dress and the biker outfit the best. Your style reminds me of one of my friend's drawing style. As people have said, the main suggestion I have is about proportions. You can base proportions of a person on their head size. Most people are 7-8 heads tall, so if you want to make them more realistic, use the end of your pencil or something to determine her head size and then make room for 7-8 head lengths. Then again you may just want to stick with your own style, but I think you should try it out.

brandibuck
6th Sep 2008, 14:50

Looks awesome!!!! to me though:) :)

rabid metro
7th Sep 2008, 07:28
the first comment is based on the assumption that you are self-taught. if that is wrong then please forgive my arrogance ...

1) taking drawing classes can really improve your art. their are many subtle issues that simply get overlooked by "regular" people. it is extremely rare that someone can acquire fine art skills without instruction (and years of practice). so if it is at all possible, participate in an art class to improve your art.
(that's not a criticism ... your drawings are fine).

2) we need to post in the appropriate sub-forum, remember? ...
:cool:

tombraidergal
7th Sep 2008, 09:36
I love these! You can color drawings a lot better than I can. (My cloth textures are pretty flat if people look at my art! :lol:) There is a real improvement in the AOD drawings. I also like the Natla drawing.

One suggestion - (i'm surprised no one suggested this) You can try drawing the drawings on something special like drawing paper. Your effects will really pop. But if you're comfortable using lined paper that's fine too! :D I tend to draw on there sometimes.

Yes, erm, thats because i ran out of plain paper.

the first comment is based on the assumption that you are self-taught. if that is wrong then please forgive my arrogance ...

1) taking drawing classes can really improve your art. their are many subtle issues that simply get overlooked by "regular" people. it is extremely rare that someone can acquire fine art skills without instruction (and years of practice). so if it is at all possible, participate in an art class to improve your art.
(that's not a criticism ... your drawings are fine).

2) we need to post in the appropriate sub-forum, remember? ...
:cool:

yes, i taught my self, i get my techniques from when i used to draw bratz, i tried to change them but i could only change the lips and the size of the head, i do change regularly but then i go back to my original style, i am better at drawing girls than boys and i used to go to art in primary school after school and we only drew jesus stuff so i never learned anything, we have art in high school but i don't really find it hard, i just copy drawings and try my best, also, i learnt you draw the ear from the bottom eyelid to the bottom of your nose. thats somethings i learnt.

TombLover
7th Sep 2008, 13:08
http://i119.piczo.com/view/3/9/o/9/v/s/y/w/h/w/s/9/img/i190938279_22954_3.jpg
^^^^^^
I think thats one is your best! I think that everything about it is great and in proportion!, Great Work!!

TR_genius
8th Sep 2008, 21:04
http://i119.piczo.com/view/3/9/o/9/v/s/y/w/h/w/s/9/img/i190938279_22954_3.jpg
^^^^^^
I think thats one is your best! I think that everything about it is great and in proportion!, Great Work!!

Yh its is lovely that one, well done tombraidergal;)

I should somehow get my tr pics i drew on the forum and see what you all think cos I too would love some feedback. But yeah well done and keep it up:D