PDA

View Full Version : Russian Language

Peterburger
4th Sep 2008, 08:59
Dear Folks at CORE-DESIGN, EIDOS-PC and other Producers,

it seems to me very strange(!!), that the Official Presence of Lara Croft Worldwide doesn't hold up a Russian Version. For people like Me in Central-Europe, where it was not only for a long time a wonderful Tradition to celebrate the Annaul Dates of Freeing from fascism, but still actually also is (You may take for this purpose a further look at my very own Web-Presence about Lara Croft), it is not to be understood(!!), tat You t-r-y to ignore the Russian-speaking Hemisphere. The Game is also being played very succesfully in Russia and Eastern Countries as well. I know this from my very own Experience and from Websites in Russia like www.tombraider.ru.
It is a very uncultural ignorance!
Half of the World sleeps and dreams peacefully in this Language(s) and You are NOT ABLE to publish this site in Russian.
May You live with that FEEDBACK!!
But not long and prosper!!

Mr Croft
4th Sep 2008, 09:16
Well, there are lot of languages that aren't in TR games.
Portuguese, for eg.

GoranAgar
4th Sep 2008, 09:19
The Game is also being played very succesfully in Russia and Eastern Countries as well.
Maybe this is just your perception and the sales do not reflect that?

Mr Croft
4th Sep 2008, 09:22
Maybe this is just your perception and the sales do not reflect that?

Yeah, I agree, GoranAgar.

Spong
4th Sep 2008, 10:39
Hang on, this doesn't sound right to me.

Isn't Peterburger just complaining about this site not being available in Russian?

I don't think he was talking about the games because the games are available in Russian (at least Legend and Anniversary anyway). I know because I spoke to a Russian member on this board at great length about it in PMs last year.

GoranAgar
4th Sep 2008, 11:13
This forum or www.tombraider.com. Or both.

Still ...

Rexie
4th Sep 2008, 12:03
There IS an russian version for the games.
And IF you want an russian TR forum, just search for it or create your own, just google 'create your own forum'

Spong
4th Sep 2008, 12:06
@Goran
Ah right. Gotcha. Cheers for putting me straight ;)

Cosmasia
4th Sep 2008, 15:10
I don't see why you should complain though :scratch:
My language isn't an option either but I'm fine with that. I enjoy typing in English since it's the only way for me to practice my grammar anyway :p don't see it as them trying to ignore your language as much as just already having a good few options.

LaraCroftRox
4th Sep 2008, 15:58
@Goran
Ah right. Gotcha. Cheers for putting me straight ;)

SO many jokes I could make..... ;) :D :lol:

Peterburger
29th Sep 2008, 09:31
Yes, so many Jokes you could make ... - but perhaps you would rather like to finish your life, before making a single joke.
Russian Language is one of the most popular in the World.
English sounds lousy enough, if for example, I see, that one has to write "you" in small letters.
One may understand English, but I do not like it that much, that I would not prefer in each possible moment Russian.
Of Course rather than German. This is the Language of the Lousy ****.
So either Russian or English, Britsh One's.
I prefer Russian.
And why t-h-i-s Website cannot hold up Russian Language, once it is one of the most deciding World-Languages, is for me NOT to be understood. It puts a lousy shine on this Site.
Else there is NOTHING to say!!

Jezyk
29th Sep 2008, 09:50
I think it's enough of nationalism, isn't it?

BTW Petersburger, we don't celebrate "freeing from fascism" anymore in Central Europe. This was a custom during the communist regime.
Oh and we also write "you" in capital letters in Polish (Ty, Twój, Ci, Ciebie, Twoje etc.) and I don't like this custom, I think it's showy.
Stop embarassing your country and Slavic nations in general.

GoranAgar
29th Sep 2008, 10:10
Yes, so many Jokes you could make ...
The joke was not supposed to be about anything you said but about what Spong said. So please cool down.

Was it your goal to insult me personally?

franiqueblack
29th Sep 2008, 11:30
Dear Folks at CORE-DESIGN, EIDOS-PC and other Producers,

it seems to me very strange(!!), that the Official Presence of Lara Croft Worldwide doesn't hold up a Russian Version. For people like Me in Central-Europe, where it was not only for a long time a wonderful Tradition to celebrate the Annaul Dates of Freeing from fascism, but still actually also is (You may take for this purpose a further look at my very own Web-Presence about Lara Croft), it is not to be understood(!!), tat You t-r-y to ignore the Russian-speaking Hemisphere. The Game is also being played very succesfully in Russia and Eastern Countries as well. I know this from my very own Experience and from Websites in Russia like www.tombraider.ru.
It is a very uncultural ignorance!
Half of the World sleeps and dreams peacefully in this Language(s) and You are NOT ABLE to publish this site in Russian.
May You live with that FEEDBACK!!
But not long and prosper!!

I think they will somehow. I remember seeing a full-gameplay footage of TR:Anniversary in Russian (just the subs for that matter :P) it's wirtten контрольная точка ( english: check point). but i'm not sure whether EIDOS ever going to make it entirely in Russian Lang.
relax. EIDOS dont even put it up in Malay / Indonesian language. you're not alone.
:lmao:

Yes, so many Jokes you could make ... - but perhaps you would rather like to finish your life, before making a single joke.
English sounds lousy enough, if for example, I see, that one has to write "you" in small letters.
One may understand English, but I do not like it that much, that I would not prefer in each possible moment Russian.
I prefer Russian.
And why t-h-i-s Website cannot hold up Russian Language, once it is one of the most deciding World-Languages, is for me NOT to be understood. It puts a lousy shine on this Site.

whoah! dude, i know you're proud of being a Russian but really, do u have to go to that extend?
chilll out, dude. not having Russian lang set up does not mean it's been ignored totally.
so stop degrading other countries' native languages, ok?
if you still discontented with this issue, perhaps you'd want to email EIDOS personally and suggest this idea of yours to them. I'm sure they'll think of something.

The joke was not supposed to be about anything you said but about what Spong said. So please cool down.

Was it your goal to insult me personally?

Goran, i think we should just drop this issue.
immaturity does not help. LOL

GoranAgar
29th Sep 2008, 12:01
immaturity does not help. LOL
Maybe you want to rephrase that. If you are saying it like this you are calling me immature. :)

Treeble
29th Sep 2008, 16:15
The thing is, just how many languages are there over this world? It's very logical to assume there are fans of Lara Croft in each and every country, but it's just nonsense to demand Eidos to cover all languages. If they cover one, fans that speak yet another language will come forward and henceforth, this chain would never stop. :/

franiqueblack
29th Sep 2008, 16:42
Maybe you want to rephrase that. If you are saying it like this you are calling me immature. :)

whoops! wasnt pin pointing at cha. :P
nways, let's jz drop it. i thought this whole gaming thing should bring every different ethnicity and culture together.
so, Peterburg, let's not be emotional in here, ok?
cheers!!!

Atlantis3735
29th Sep 2008, 17:11
This thread reads like it could be titled "All on Goran" :p

@ Peterburger
If you feel so strongly about this then make your own forum, but i'm not sure how many people are going to want to stay when you speak so insultingly.

_Love2Raid_
29th Sep 2008, 20:56
@Peterburger: Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, what the hell is wrong with you man? Chill out!

Why the hell would we all start talking in Russian, do you think the whole world spins around you or Russia? And calling English and German lousy languages.........

Like many others said, go make your own forum and invite all your Russian (so called superior) friends. See ya! :mad:

Bampire
30th Sep 2008, 05:00
Think you can hold off on the negativity in here? Peeps.

Rachie
30th Sep 2008, 08:55
I prefer Russian.

This isn't just an attack on Eidos, but the whole English and German-speaking worlds as well.

And that first sentence! :eek:

I'd lay off it Peter, or not many people will be particularly pleasant towards you....