PDA

View Full Version : ALCHEMIST Alchemist

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 12:48
I actually played this class for a few thousand damage and it's just the brokest think I ever did do.

1) The grenade launcher is way too generous at hit detection, you can snipe sents out of the air with it at a pretty long range for a slow moving projectile.

2) The grenades explode mid air after a certain range, wai u do dis. The way mortars work in T:A would be more fun imo, there's a timer after you fire that once expired makes the grenade explode on contact. Why do this? Well for one if you're in a tight space and there's a vamp on the roof above you right now you can't do much since the angle you need to fire the launcher is so high that the nade explodes in the sky before it'd hit the rooftop.

3) Massive direct hit damage and terrible aoe damage, if the alc is a support aoe character it should have better aoe ability. Increase aoe damage by a bit and reduce the direct hit damage. Alc shouldn't be able to solo vamps like a Hunter can.

4) Flame vial, just wtf at this. It instantly puts down a guaranteed 300 damage fire, instantly. No other skill that does that much damage has that short of a pre attack delay, well maybe the hunter's rockets but at least you have to aim those. And if you use it when a vamp is trying to melee you you're guaranteed to hit. It's just retardedly bad design. Also the aiming with it is broke, wherever I point my reticle it gets thrown at my feet, makes no sense.

5) I haven't unlocked it but the damaging light bomb is in the same **** the Flame vial is in. Instantaneous 300 damage

Shirokurou
11th Jan 2014, 13:16
And yet I struggle with this class. Not sure how "broken" it is.

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 13:37
It's broke in a bad way, it's easily the worst human class.

The skills and weapons are low skill and spammy, the dps is poor everywhere apart from close range 1v1 fights.

Arykel
11th Jan 2014, 13:48
Well , i think this is only personal opinion?
Alchemist is my fav human class , and i always kill like 10/15 vampires per round , so i don't think is the worst , for me is scout the worst human class.
But you are right about the support thing.

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 13:51
IGN?

cmstache
11th Jan 2014, 14:22
Really? I seem to have no problem capping a 15k avg with a healing alch, god knows how much healing dmg i do.... (483,271 current total) If I actually use a 2nd atk skill i normally break 20k. You just don't know how to use it right. And firewall is 100% avoidable with some basic prediction, provided the auto-aim doesn't suck you into it.

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 17:08
I feel like alchs are the worst to fight, close range they are monsters and you can't really hide from the bouncing nades.

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 17:35
I wouldn't say worst to fight but you can't melee them at all. If you try to melee you get frontloaded damage of 600ish plus their nade launcher.

Killing them with hit and run tactics and being careful on the other hand is incredibly easy since they have no accuracy past right in front of them.

Razaiim
11th Jan 2014, 17:51
I find alchs the easiest class for me to take down personally, just stay off-center from their weapon and you're set. The fire wall isn't like other skills. It is always dropped at your feet, and can be avoided. If I'm in good enough shape then i'll just walk through it, kill the poor girl and heal the damage off. Also I think I've been hit by bola's in mid-air more then alchemist attacks... so sent is definitely the way to go.

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 18:16
I wouldn't say worst to fight but you can't melee them at all. If you try to melee you get frontloaded damage of 600ish plus their nade launcher.

Killing them with hit and run tactics and being careful on the other hand is incredibly easy since they have no accuracy past right in front of them.
I don't know, I just feel like alchs are insane if played coordinated with your group. I can't wait to play this game competitively.

cmstache
12th Jan 2014, 02:54
I don't know, I just feel like alchs are insane if played coordinated with your group. I can't wait to play this game competitively.
They are, but again they definitely have harsher downsides than the other two classes. We've began calling "healing mist" the "Sausage mist" or "smist" for short, since I'm really the only one who uses it with consistency. (almost 500k dmg healed)

jestdoit
12th Jan 2014, 04:23
2) The grenades explode mid air after a certain range, wai u do dis. The way mortars work in T:A would be more fun imo, there's a timer after you fire that once expired makes the grenade explode on contact. Why do this? Well for one if you're in a tight space and there's a vamp on the roof above you right now you can't do much since the angle you need to fire the launcher is so high that the nade explodes in the sky before it'd hit the rooftop.

I wonder about the same thing. Having alchemist weapons without a detonation timer would help them fill their role better (indirect fire, clearing corners/rooftops).

I've been thinking about two alch weapons:

1) Mortar. Only explodes on impact. Slow firing rate and slow reload, but high single projectile damage. Overall lower DPS than the timed bombs, to make up for accuracy/skillshots. You could use it to attack precise locations on rooftops, but it's a bad weapon when vampires get close.

2) Ricochet. Detonates on impact, after bouncing once. Again, no timer. Could be used to rebound off walls, or bounced on the floor to control detonation distance. Standard DPS.

cmstache
12th Jan 2014, 14:10
I think those would both be cool as additional add-ons later. :)