PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Blood Omen on XP

darkvampire
2nd Sep 2008, 19:42
Hi everyone. im writing because of a problem i have with blood omen 1 on my PC. i have Windows XP and i did the following:

1) i installed Blood Omen from the CD
2) i installed CubanRaul´s patch (Blood Omen 1.2)
3) i installed Vampmaster´s Blood Omen Fix.

there was no problem during intall progress but when i start to play, my computer restarts after Crystal Dinamics presentation. So, i took the CD off the computer and i played without it. it works well, but when i leave the tabern and i kill one of assasins my computer restarts after "¡Vae Victus!".

Can someone save me?? :( im starting to get nervous!!!!!

see you

Darkvampire

Linikratyo
2nd Sep 2008, 19:50
1st WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! :D second:

For me these things worked best on Windows Vista... but I will try to give you ideas for how to solve it....

Did you put on the compability mod??

Did you use the CPUgrabber??

Did you try without the fix??

There was a patch to avoid the CPUgrabber. On these forums, but it will delete the ending credits, though if nothing else works, then this is the best option.... :scratch:

darkvampire
2nd Sep 2008, 21:08
Hi Linikratyo, i didnt put on the compability mod because i thought that just installing Cubanraul´s software was the solution for that problem (in fact, that is what it says). i´ll try that later. if that solves the problem i´ll give you 1000000 dollars :D

i didnt use the CPU grabber because Blood Omen fix was the patch to avoid it. Blood omen fix is the patch you are speaking about in your last paragraph. i don´t believe this is the problem because i tried the game before i had installed the patch but it did not work.

another thing... i have Windows XP, but a friend installed a program to make it look like Vista. Could this be the problem?

Anyway thanks for your interest

see you

Darkvampire

Linikratyo
3rd Sep 2008, 06:49
This would probably be the Vista skin, but I don't think that would make the difference...... You should put the compability mod on however...... ;)

darkvampire
5th Sep 2008, 22:30
yes i did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the problem that made my computer restart was origined by a virus.i removed it so blood omen works perfectly now. thank you for your help.

another thing...

i started the game and everything looks very small, is there a way to zoom the camera????

i say this because when i played the game for the first time it was on my playstation and it looked better. in psx there was a button that zoomed in and out the camera. can i do that in pc???

excuse me for my errors writing but i am from Argentina and there we speak spanish!!!!

(i learned english in an academy like everybody else)

thanks again

Darkvampire

Linikratyo
6th Sep 2008, 06:24
i started the game and everything looks very small, is there a way to zoom the camera????

F5 or F12, those are the configurations for zoom & resolution.... though they might not work with some patches....... :whistle:

excuse me for my errors writing but i am from Argentina and there we speak spanish!!!!

Well, I'm Dutch so I speak Dutch, but I'm on a International School were we get lessons in English..... :D (I get even Spanish lessons from a Argentinian Teacher)

darkvampire
7th Sep 2008, 05:14
hello again, i have problems once more :mad2:

i was playing and i pressed f12 to zoom in the camera or to do something with the screen i learned from the controls submenu in options menu. the game closed and a message apeared displaying an error.

i didnt worry about that because i though that the patches were responsible, but when i started the game again the computer restarted.
so the circle is now complete.... hahaha

raziel is inside my computer :D

well, can someone help me??!!

i tried everything including a lot of antivirus and anti malware but nothing worked.

i think my destiny is not to play this game again hahah

see you

Darkvampire

Linikratyo
7th Sep 2008, 08:09
I think the best thing you can do is to pick the save files and secure them, then reinstall the game on the exact same way as you did before... and then never press F12 again..... ;)

wrace0
7th Sep 2008, 20:08
i was playing and i pressed f12 to zoom in the camera or to do something with the screen i learned from the controls submenu in options menu. the game closed and a message apeared displaying an error.

when you press F12 the game changes resolution to 320x240 with some addition feature(s) which your video-card do(es) not support, - so the game crashes. To avoid this problem, remove the files "PTEMP.TMP" and "knmode.cfg" from the folder "saved", - your game returns to the initial state. If you need to use zoom by pressing F5 (which works only for resolution 320x240), read carefully the file badcards.txt and set the appropriate mask for "anycard" (and remove ; before it) which is consistent with your video-card.
and one more: do not listen Linikratyo - he knows nothing.

Linikratyo
7th Sep 2008, 20:15
do not listen Linikratyo - he knows nothing.

:eek: I may not know much of technical stuff, but I made sure BO1 runned on my PC and for that I didn't need to change the Resolution settings.... and I probably am more interested and more knowing in the storyline stuff..... :rasp:

wrace0
7th Sep 2008, 20:30
:eek: I may not know much of technical stuff, but I made sure BO1 runned on my PC and for that I didn't need to change the Resolution settings.... and I probably am more interested and more knowing in the storyline stuff..... :rasp:
Yep, I saw your "more knowing in the storyline stuff", - so I can say that your knowledge in the storyline stuff equals your knowledge in the technical stuff... :rasp: :lol:

darkvampire
7th Sep 2008, 23:06
hey guys dont fight because of this stupid problem. im going to try what wrace posted tomorrow, because i dont have time to do it today.
if it works, i own you one.

dont argue because of this... you could end banned from the forums ****

well i hope this to work

see you

Darkvampire

Linikratyo
8th Sep 2008, 19:25
Yep, I saw your "more knowing in the storyline stuff", - so I can say that your knowledge in the storyline stuff equals your knowledge in the technical stuff... :rasp: :lol:

well, I just want to say that I get a Raziel watch..... :cool:

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u345/linikratyo/Watch.jpg

and I have posted more than you though that I have joined later....... :rasp:

darkvampire
8th Sep 2008, 19:43
well, i found trojans in my computer and i deleted them so my computer works well again. i can play the game perfectly but i dont want to make mistakes so im going to write here my graphic card information and you tell me what to do

NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Video BIOS version: 5.44.A2.10.83
IRQ: 16
Bus: AGP 4X
Memory: 256 MB
ForceWare version: 76.45
TV Enconder Type: NVIDIA integrated.

Also color quality is at highest (32 bit)

i hope this to be enought

see you

Darkvampire

(i will put an avatar instead of "see you" in the future):D

wrace0
8th Sep 2008, 20:23
open file "BADCARDS.TXT" and find the string
;ANYCARD #0x1F
remove the semi-colon before it and change 1F on 11:
ANYCARD #0x11
in the game press F12 - if the game does not crashes, so you can use zoom. If the game crashes, remove "knmode.cfg" from the folder "saved" and try the next values - 0x12 and 0x14. If both do not work then your video-card does not support resolution 320x240 and the feature zoom is not available for you. (There is one more mode - 0x18, but in it you will see very small game-window.)
Finally, if your video-card does not support resolution 320x240 to avoid problems in the future (when you press F12) you can set #0x10 for ANYCARD in BADCARDS.TXT.

Linikratyo
8th Sep 2008, 20:32
I still hope you enjoy playing Blood Omen.... ;)

darkvampire
12th Sep 2008, 16:32
im playing blood omen now. i just defeated Malek for the first time but i noticed something in the game. all the enemies seem to be really stupid, the are a bit slow and sometimes when i get near to them they dont attack me. another thing i noticed is for example with any guard of any city if i put into a distance that i can hit them but they cant hit me, they dont come closer to me. i dont remember this to happen in the psx version. do you know if this is a problem??

if it is please tell me how to solve it.

Darkvampire

Linikratyo
12th Sep 2008, 17:19
I think it is just a game bug... I noticed it too, then they are on the exact same spot as you are.... Well, the game is 12 years old, so I can't blame them.... Just a nice tric. After Malek's Bastion you will come across a few gypsies. If you use your disguise then they won't attack you..... :D

Nice avatar BTW... :cool: