PDA

View Full Version : Anything new?

jd10013
2nd Sep 2008, 18:36
I've kind of slacked off this site lately and don't come by nearly as often as when i first found out about a sequal. But, there never seems to be anything new. What gives? It's been almost, if not more than, a year since DX3 was announced. Why no concept art, or screens, or posts from the team? heck, they haven't even added anything to the website. Is this thing still green, or has it been killed? we don't have another Daikatana here, do we?

I know, that was uncalled for, but I'm just getting a little nervous is all.

Absentia
2nd Sep 2008, 18:43
We just have to be patient. General activity and good discussion is becoming less as time goes on because we've discussed most things already, and now people are bringing up old topics with new opinions (which isnt such a bad thing, but we dont get many new threads now)

We were supposed to have a "summer update" but its almost Autumn now. come on Eidos Montreal!

I'm not so 'nervous' as such in that I don't think that the project is going to be abandoned or something. In fact I believe E.M are hard at work on it, but it really really is time for an update, I gotta say.

Defres
2nd Sep 2008, 19:23
They really need to give us something NEW to chew on and alot of it. now. some people are already starting to fade away because of the lack of news.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Sep 2008, 19:23
LOL, not another thread asking about news. :D

I think I may be psychic. :eek:
I have a very strong feeling that a moderator here is going to lock this thread. :whistle:

Gizmostuff
2nd Sep 2008, 19:34
Don't expect anything until Christmas :rasp:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Sep 2008, 19:41
Yeah, hehe. Christmas 2009... maybe? :D

Gizmostuff
2nd Sep 2008, 20:21
Yeah, hehe. Christmas 2009... maybe? :D

:lol: Yeah, it's a test of how hardcore of a fan you are...any takers?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Sep 2008, 20:25
:lol: Yeah, it's a test of how hardcore of a fan you are...any takers?

Yup. :thumbsup:
I'm here to see DX3 through to its completion. :cool:

Tracer Tong
2nd Sep 2008, 21:42
but nothing new is seen.

I must say I am drifting off of this forum. All of the major topics (and the minor ones) have been discussed and ground to dust. There is nothing more to talk about, therefore there is no point in the existence of this forum as an active one.

René
2nd Sep 2008, 21:46
Don't expect anything until Christmas

It's true that we didn't have a big summer announcement, but a devblog is on the horizon, to be timed with something else. We just wanted to have things synced up as much as possible. It can be tough, but just hang on for a wee bit longer.

Absentia
2nd Sep 2008, 23:09
Ahhhh, René, you always end up reassuring me... And I'm hoping that by "wee" you don't mean "a few months"

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Sep 2008, 23:12
but nothing new is seen.

I must say I am drifting off of this forum. All of the major topics (and the minor ones) have been discussed and ground to dust. There is nothing more to talk about, therefore there is no point in the existence of this forum as an active one.

Sorry, I have to disagree in part.
Sure, there isn't much news coming our way... but we already know (and surely appreciate) that certain matters need to remain undisclosed. ;)

I guess the answer is to think of something new we can talk about ourselves. Seems to be working so far; this forum is far from dead and there definitely still remains a point in its existence.

It's true that we didn't have a big summer announcement, but a devblog is on the horizon, to be timed with something else. We just wanted to have things synced up as much as possible. It can be tough, but just hang on for a wee bit longer.

Excellent, hopefully Tracer T will find enticement enough with this promising message and will not now drift away from the forum. :cool:

Sounds exciting, Rene... especially that 'something else' bit. :D

DXeXodus
3rd Sep 2008, 04:27
I reckon in a few months you will be chewing on some new information. ;)
I am not going to lock this thread because jd10013 is obviously unaware of our recent deluge of threads wanting/demanding news. So sorry MissDenton, your psychic revelation was not real.

Welcome back jd10013. Hang in there. DX3 is still alive and kicking.

iWait
3rd Sep 2008, 04:34
The lack of information is why I'm going back to /b/ for a couple months.
And if anyone wants to know I'm in the process of trolling PsionGuild.

Tsumaru
3rd Sep 2008, 04:42
NOOOOO!!! Not /b/!! I thought Deus Ex players held themselves to a higher standard. =(

Also, what's PsionGuild, why are you trolling it, and why would we care? o_O

Romeo
3rd Sep 2008, 04:43
Yes, I do believe I already whined to Rene about this, and he also reassured me something big was on the horizon, which is enough for me. And because Exodus deemed it fair, I'll let this one go. But we seriously need to stop making these threads.

DXeXodus
3rd Sep 2008, 04:55
Also, what's PsionGuild, why are you trolling it

Ditto.

Yes, I do believe I already whined to Rene about this, and he also reassured me something big was on the horizon, which is enough for me. And because Exodus deemed it fair, I'll let this one go. But we seriously need to stop making these threads.

And yes. Please stop making these threads. From now on these threads get "insta-locked (tm)" yes, I made a new word.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Sep 2008, 16:03
I am not going to lock this thread because jd10013 is obviously unaware of our recent deluge of threads wanting/demanding news. So sorry MissDenton, your psychic revelation was not real.

Damn. :(

*Rips up Eidos job application for upper-management 'Personal Psychic Advisor' position.
Annual salary $500,000 + perks, including a lifetime's supply of home-baked cookies* :D

Romeo
3rd Sep 2008, 18:51
Pfft, that sounds alot like what my girlfriends always get from me. 500K and as many perks as possible, including home-baked cookies. lol

Larington
3rd Sep 2008, 20:51
Re-record not fade away (Bet no one gets that joke)?

Nah, the controversial news thread is keeping me suitably entertained in a keep coming back to it sort of way.

Stopped looking at the vehicle thread ages back though, and a few others that occasionally get brought back from the dead.

jd10013
3rd Sep 2008, 22:52
I reckon in a few months you will be chewing on some new information. ;)

Welcome back jd10013. Hang in there. DX3 is still alive and kicking.

Thank you very much. No, I wasn't really aware as I haven't been here much. Just more or less to see if anything big has been announced. Pop in, pop out.

But it is great to hear that something is coming, and that this game is still being worked on. I don't so much need news as much as conformation that this game is moving along. I, Like so many here, have been waiting a long time for this. And with the way this industry works, with all the studios going under, being bought out, not hearing anything for a prolonged period of time is seldom good.

thanks again for the response.

DXeXodus
4th Sep 2008, 03:58
^^ It's a pity that you plan on "popping out" again. You should stay, kick off your shoes and engage with us in cheerful banter. :D Or trolling. or whatever you kids call it these days.

Romeo
4th Sep 2008, 05:10
Ah whatever, I'll be a swell guy and email you when new information comes out. lol

HouseOfPain
4th Sep 2008, 08:18
I myself have been slacking off on the forums lately, I haven't been on in months. I've made myself a temporary home on the Fallout 3 forums. I need some good Deus Ex 3 news to stimulate me coming back into these forums.

Is Aaron still a "Sequel or Bust" guy or has he changed? :lol:

Tracer Tong
4th Sep 2008, 14:03
Excellent, hopefully Tracer T will find enticement enough with this promising message and will not now drift away from the forum. :cool:

Depends on how long is a 'wee bit' :p

K^2
4th Sep 2008, 15:08
Well, a standard 'wee bit' is somewhat longer than 'just a tad', but it is still shorter than a regular 'bit'. The problem is that 'bit' itself is only strictly defined locally. Following the rules of General Relativity, the 'bit' can dilate near the more massive projects, and is known to slowly approach the length of 'when it's ready' in some regions.

Romeo
5th Sep 2008, 03:30
Oh my god STOP. A wee bit is an Irish term meaning "I'm too F@!&ing drunk to give a more specific quantity."

I should know, I am an Irish, and I do use the term often. But honestly, this thread sucks. lol

Absentia
5th Sep 2008, 10:45
I was pretty sure it was Scottish...my dad says it a lot from growing up there
Agreed, this thread does suck.

jd10013
5th Sep 2008, 20:32
Ah whatever, I'll be a swell guy and email you when new information comes out. lol

I may hold you to that. :D

but seriously, I do check in every week or 10 days. I don't want to miss anything when it is announced. The problem now is, and I'm not criticizing, is that there really isn't anything to discuss. We just don't know anything at this point. We don't know anything about the story, game play, or technical things like what engine it will use or anything. I know its early on, but I remember when bioshock was being developed. We didn't get a whole lot of info over at the TTLG boards, but ken and a couple of the others did give us little nuggets here and there. Was never much, but it did give us something to talk about.

But I guess if the game is as good as we hope it will be, then all will be forgiven. :lmao:

Jerion
5th Sep 2008, 21:46
I may hold you to that. :D

but seriously, I do check in every week or 10 days. I don't want to miss anything when it is announced. The problem now is, and I'm not criticizing, is that there really isn't anything to discuss. We just don't know anything at this point. We don't know anything about the story, game play, or technical things like what engine it will use or anything. I know its early on, but I remember when bioshock was being developed. We didn't get a whole lot of info over at the TTLG boards, but ken and a couple of the others did give us little nuggets here and there. Was never much, but it did give us something to talk about.

But I guess if the game is as good as we hope it will be, then all will be forgiven. :lmao:

Well we have an idea of what engine is being used, we have a couple pics of untextured models...not much though.

And it would be nice to get even a hint of the story.

HouseOfPain
6th Sep 2008, 07:20
Wow I really am a ghost in these threads! Thank you for saying hello everyone! No, it's ok, you don't have to get up! :nut: :rolleyes:

Tracer Tong
6th Sep 2008, 21:01
Wow I really am a ghost in these threads! Thank you for saying hello everyone! No, it's ok, you don't have to get up! :nut: :rolleyes:

I don't think I ever got quoted... Welcome to the ghost in the DX3 club... :cool:

DXeXodus
8th Sep 2008, 04:17
We just don't know anything at this point. We don't know anything about the story, game play, or technical things like what engine it will use or anything

We know exactly what engine it is being produced on. The Tomb-Raider Underworld engine that is being tweaked for DX3 specifically. And It looks like October will be the month to wait for with some promised media releases.

K^2
8th Sep 2008, 05:08
I think it would be more precise to say that both DX3 and TRU engines will be results of tweaking the same base engine. But I guess the difference is pretty much academic.

jcp28
11th Sep 2008, 23:18
Originally Posted byHouseOfPainWow I really am a ghost in these threads! Thank you for saying hello everyone! No, it's ok, you don't have to get up!

I don't think I ever got quoted... Welcome to the ghost in the DX3 club... :cool:

And so am I. I haven't logged on for 2 weeks. Partially, that's because there has been little to talk about. But I also started a new term of college not long after my last log-in, so I've been trying to get back in the swing of things regarding that. I've looked at this site a few times a week in the meantime, but that's about it.