PDA

View Full Version : Please, enough of the gender segregation.

Bampire
1st Sep 2008, 21:25
This is a forum meant for all genders, sexuality, skin colour, religion to all get together and enjoy a game that we all love to play. Seeing that Marvel.com forums are somewhat segregated, due to the large male fanbase they made a small forum just for the girls to talk about anything. Though we don't need it.

Please stop making the "Girls only" and "Boys only" threads. I'm sure I'm not the only one getting sick of all this.

Let's just get back to talking in the miscellaneous threads, that we talk in on a daily basis.

(I do apologize for making this thread, but I just wanted to say something.)

Spong
1st Sep 2008, 21:28
The voice of reason people ;)

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 21:29
Ahhahha..... I'll support the cause by burning away my new thread as soon as I get the lighter.....

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 21:35
Job Done..... I have Deleted the "Boys' locker-room" thread......

rg_001100
2nd Sep 2008, 03:05
This is a forum meant for all genders, sexuality, skin colour, religion to all get together and enjoy a game that we all love to play. Seeing that Marvel.com forums are somewhat segregated, due to the large male fanbase they made a small forum just for the girls to talk about anything. Though we don't need it.

Please stop making the "Girls only" and "Boys only" threads. I'm sure I'm not the only one getting sick of all this.

Let's just get back to talking in the miscellaneous threads, that we talk in on a daily basis.

Thank you :D

ihatemilkduds
2nd Sep 2008, 04:20
Much agreed. If there's something being talked about in this forum that even CAN only be for girls or boys. . .theeeeen maybe we shouldn't be talking about it.

Mostly because it doesn't exist. ;)

Tomb_Raiderx
2nd Sep 2008, 04:44
I agree, which is why I regretted posting the topic that I did, and I guess it got deleted, which is good though. But I hope no one that read the topic thinks I'm a lesbian, because I'm straight, but I feel like someone was accusing me of being one.:(

ihatemilkduds
2nd Sep 2008, 07:00
I agree, which is why I regretted posting the topic that I did, and I guess it got deleted, which is good though. But I hope no one that read the topic thinks I'm a lesbian, because I'm straight, but I feel like someone was accusing me of being one.:(

Which is a pretty dumb thing to do. Not your thread, but the fact that someone was accusing you of lesbionic tendencies. As if it's something to be accused of. . .good heavens. It's like the Lesbian Crucible. To the gallows with you!

lilhanhan
2nd Sep 2008, 08:02

Thanks.
Yeah! Someone else who thought they were silly... :D

Job Done..... I have Deleted the "Boys' locker-room" thread......

Glad you've found a font colour everyone can read Lara's.Fan. :D

little miss Ju
2nd Sep 2008, 09:07
OK now your all gonna think Im changing my opinion based on this thread but Im really not lol. I thought people liked them and Ive caused enough trouble as it is on these forums to be the one who has a problem again so I went along with it, but Im glad someone finally said something lol.

Laura Croft
2nd Sep 2008, 13:09
I'm sure I'm not the only one getting sick of all this.

You certainly aren't. :thumbsup:

LaraCroftRox
2nd Sep 2008, 13:13
When did these threads start? I've been gone for about 12 days. :rasp:

lilhanhan
2nd Sep 2008, 13:57
When did these threads start? I've been gone for about 12 days. :rasp:

It happened a few days ago, first there was only one thread named "Girls only" and no one minded or took much notice about it; but another was created, someone joked about creating Boy one and than many of us didn't see the point of the threads what so ever...

So don't worry, you didn't miss much! ;)

Lara's.Fan4life
2nd Sep 2008, 15:25
Glad you've found a font colour everyone can read Lara's.Fan. :D

Thanks.... Its really nice color and grabs attention...... And most importantly it suits all themes...... :D :D

Raindrops Melody
2nd Sep 2008, 15:29

Thank-you!!!!!

josh1122
2nd Sep 2008, 15:31
here here!

*raises glass*

:thumbsup:

Lara_Super_Fan
2nd Sep 2008, 17:20

I totally agree!

Say 'NO' to sexism!

Lara's.Fan4life
2nd Sep 2008, 17:31
I totally agree!

Say 'NO' to sexism!

errrmmm.... Excuse me..... Is being sexy a bad thing...... Oh gosh then I'm a criminal...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ihatemilkduds
2nd Sep 2008, 21:24
errrmmm.... Excuse me..... Is being sexy a bad thing...... Oh gosh then I'm a criminal...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha. Not "sexy". . ."sexism", the discrimination of a person or people based on their gender.

Unless you were just being sarcastic. . .in that regard. . .then :D .

larac_tr
2nd Sep 2008, 22:07
yes. let there be equality and peace!
http://www.freefever.com/graphics/patriotic/images/Peace.jpg

wow, i just noticed i probably look like a hippy right now with my global warming is not cool signature and that peace sign :lol:

ihatemilkduds
3rd Sep 2008, 01:27
Haha, larac_tr. . .you totally do. ;)

larac_tr
3rd Sep 2008, 01:41
no worries people. i can assure you I'm not a hippy. a tree hugger yes, but not a hippy :lol:

Raindrops Melody
3rd Sep 2008, 01:47
uh ha.:rolleyes: ........:lol:

larac_tr
3rd Sep 2008, 01:51
it's true! I'm not a hippy! :whistle: :lol:

ihatemilkduds
3rd Sep 2008, 02:02
Well, there's nothing wrong with hugging a tree here and there. ;)

Spong
3rd Sep 2008, 02:03
Well, there's nothing wrong with hugging a tree here and there. ;)

Unless it's in a lumber yard going through a circular saw :D

larac_tr
3rd Sep 2008, 02:08
i'm not a hippy but i'm a big tree hugger. i own at least 3 shirts that say something about the environment, a binder that says reduce, reuse, recycle, and 2 more folders that say O.P.P.- other people's paper. i love the trees! :lol:

ihatemilkduds
3rd Sep 2008, 03:52
Unless it's in a lumber yard going through a circular saw :D

Well, that goes without saying. At least, I should hope so. :scratch:

Although, to each his own. If it's a love worth being sawed into two halves. . .by all means. . .

By the way. . ."two halves" is kind of redundant, huh? :o

Lara's.Fan4life
3rd Sep 2008, 06:56
Haha. Not "sexy". . ."sexism", the discrimination of a person or people based on their gender.

Unless you were just being sarcastic. . .in that regard. . .then :D .

Hey ofcourse I knew that...... I was just kidding there....... :nut: :nut:

Bampire
5th Sep 2008, 04:55
Thanks guys, for proving my point that I'm not the only one who's getting sick and tired of this B.S. :D

(Sorry if I sound a little rude tonight. I'm just irked at someone in the other forum I talk in, right now.)

ihatemilkduds
5th Sep 2008, 05:07
Hey ofcourse I knew that...... I was just kidding there....... :nut: :nut:

Ok, good. :thumbsup:

Raindrops Melody
5th Sep 2008, 21:36
it's true! I'm not a hippy! :whistle: :lol:

Ah ha:rolleyes: ...:lol:

larac_tr
5th Sep 2008, 22:21
I'm not a hippy!!!! hippies do drugs and wear weird multi colored clothes! those are two things I'm defiantly against. :rasp:

Raindrops Melody
5th Sep 2008, 22:54
Ah hu:rolleyes: ..............................:lol: :lmao:

larac_tr
5th Sep 2008, 23:02
i'm not a hippy!! :lol:

Raindrops Melody
5th Sep 2008, 23:04
Ah hu!!!!!:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lol:

larac_tr
5th Sep 2008, 23:09
i'm not a hippy!! i am not, i am not, i am not!! *starts crying like a baby*

Raindrops Melody
5th Sep 2008, 23:12
aww *pats back*
hippy

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 01:28
I don't know what you said that made people think you were gay but that's besides the point. Are you that insecure that you feel you have to tell people your straight.

I don't feel the need to announce my sexuality in the manner you have so I'll put it like this... If I was accused of fancying a man or a woman I would let them think what the hell they like as I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

By the way to all gay women here don't go near this one she wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with you because she probably thinks your coming on to her or is worried what people might think. She can't see the small fact that the only difference between a straight woman and a gay woman is what you do in the bedroom.

Bampire
6th Sep 2008, 03:08
I don't know what you said that made people think you were gay but that's besides the point. Are you that insecure that you feel you have to tell people your straight.

I don't feel the need to announce my sexuality in the manner you have so I'll put it like this... If I was accused of fancying a man or a woman I would let them think what the hell they like as I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

By the way to all gay women here don't go near this one she wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with you because she probably thinks your coming on to her or is worried what people might think. She can't see the small fact that the only difference between a straight woman and a gay woman is what you do in the bedroom.

I'm sorry, but this topic is simply stating that a great majority of the users don't appreciate topics that are just for male and or females.

I'm sure no one cares about anyone else's gender, skin colour, religion, sexuality. All we care about is the person, and or just a good conversation. I'm sure everyone in this forum (I.E. TR forums) is aware of respecting what others like and dislike. Yes, things do get heated, when it comes to opinions on what's going to happen in TR:U, but that's just how things go. But in the end things work out for everyone.

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 03:26

Hang on. . .when did someone say anything about being gay? Oh, is this about Tomb_Raiderx like. . .four days ago? I didn't get the impression that she was trying to justify herself to anyone. Just making it known that she was straight. Seems like that's fine enough information to have about somebody. She was just expressing her feelings.

And if you honestly were "accused" of fancying someone, it wouldn't be out of line to mention that you were not of that persuasion (if in fact you aren't) so that there is no confusion. It has nothing to do with whether it's anybody's business or not. You obviously don't want someone thinking they've got a chance with you if they don't. It's fair to let it be known then what your sexuality preferences are.

And there are more differences than what goes on in the bedroom. I don't care what anybody says, your sexuality plays a huge part in your life no matter who you are or where you are.

Telling people to stay away from this girl because she'll jump to conclusions is unfounded. Pot calling the kettle on this one.

Bampire
6th Sep 2008, 03:46
What Ihatemilkduds said. :whistle:

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 04:19
What Ihatemilkduds said. :whistle:

:thumbsup:

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 04:32
I was talking about Tomb_Raiderx not you Goar. I was simply responding to her comment.

On the subject of the thread, segregation=pointless and stupid, if you really do only want a woman's/man's opinion they maybe private message them instead of making a whole thread.

Bampire
6th Sep 2008, 04:35
I was talking about Tomb_Raiderx not you Goar. I was simply responding to her comment.

On the subject of the thread, segregation=pointless and stupid, if you really do only want a woman's/man's opinion they maybe private message them instead of making a whole thread.

I love how you responded in such a negative manner, it only makes things better. :rolleyes:

It was simply a misunderstanding, and the best thing to do when making a large post is direct it towards the person, so other people wont misunderstand as well.

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 04:36
I don't expect people to burst their ignorant bubble, I've seen and heard this type before can read between the lines easy.

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 04:39
Well no there isn't that much difference between straight women and gay women if your not ignorant.

Bampire
6th Sep 2008, 04:42
Go cool off for a bit. We don't need negativity in the forums.

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 04:46
I don't expect people to burst their ignorant bubble, I've seen and heard this type before can read between the lines easy.

Well no there isn't that much difference between straight women and gay women if your not ignorant.

Typecasting is never the answer. Merely sweeping it under the rug because you've "seen and heard this type before" is ignorance. I never said there were major differences between straight women and gay women, only that there were differences. And they are not all in the bedroom.

Now this I can agree with. :D

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 04:49
Well to be honest I am cool.. I don't see how stating the facts is negative.... I thought ihatemilkducts was being very negative saying how there is a huge difference between sexualities... Isn't that segregation? Shall we seperate gay and straight women? I've seen plenty a negative in the last few messages but you haven't picked up on it. Am I being to direct?

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 04:50
I need to start typing faster

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 04:58
Well to be honest I am cool.. I don't see how stating the facts is negative.... I thought ihatemilkducts was being very negative saying how there is a huge difference between sexualities... Isn't that segregation? Shall we seperate gay and straight women? I've seen plenty a negative in the last few messages but you haven't picked up on it. Am I being to direct?

So you're saying segregation is due to being aware of our differences?

To ignore differences is just as bad as allowing them to segregate us. We are all different, in so many ways. That should be cause for celebration, not segregation. In essence, gay people and straight people are separate because they are different. Simple as that.

Separation is not segregation. Segregation is forced isolation. Separation is a word for the concept of dissimilarities. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. We are separated somewhat by our differences. Stating that we have these differences is not negative. I honestly don't understand how you could view it that way. And being honest and wary of our differences can only make things better.

I thought it was negative to generalize Tomb_Raiderx's comment and use it as a platform for "not caring what other people think". Because you should care. We're a community; a society and it DOES matter what people think to an extent.

I really think we both agree that segregation is terrible, but I'm having a hard time understanding your way of conveying this.

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 05:09
It's called life experience.. In the exact same way she said it and the response I gave for seeing what is inbetween those lines.

Yes we all have differences but not so vast as to say basically there is a huge canyon to gay/straight women. I'm talking they have the same morals, same dreams, same settling down plan(that's if you get a group of women together like that) I hope you get what I mean I haven't been to bed. The differences would be for instance Thai food or chinese, curry or kebab, Abba or abba no no, the lil things we are all different. Really the bedroom is the only the difference with a group of gay/straight friends, that they could never agree on lol

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 05:15
Maybe it's ignorance that creates difference, because I can't see vast differences only the one I've stated above.

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 05:15
It's called life experience.. In the exact same way she said it and the response I gave for seeing what is inbetween those lines.

Yes we all have differences but not so vast as to say basically there is a huge canyon to gay/straight women. I'm talking they have the same morals, same dreams, same settling down plan(that's if you get a group of women together like that) I hope you get what I mean I haven't been to bed. The differences would be for instance Thai food or chinese, curry or kebab, Abba or abba no no, the lil things we are all different. Really the bedroom is the only the difference with a group of gay/straight friends that they could never agree on lol

This just became a huge mountain of nonsense because a girl wanted to get it across that she wasn't gay. This thread should be closed. I still don't see a problem with her post and I find no ulterior motive in her wording. If you still do, then we part ways in total mutual disagreement.

Once again, though, I feel the need to say that I never once said there were differences large enough to lead you to use the phrase "huge canyon". We're playing with semantics now.

I don't believe life experience gives you the kind of knowledge necessary to properly gauge the true meaning of an online post in a forum about Tomb Raider. And that goes for my interpretation as well. I just feel, from what I know of Tomb_Raiderx so far, you were manipulating her words. So. . .that's that.

And you're not supposed to double-post - forum rules.

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 05:19
Where the hell have I double posted?!

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 05:25
I see what I see and I say how I see it. End of the matter.

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 05:28
:whistle:

Lyra_Croft
6th Sep 2008, 05:48
All I see in you is ignorance... Oh you talk well..I'll give you that but you have failed because of your ignorance to see another point of view... I always try and put myself in another person's shoes, I think it makes for a more well rounded person. Yes I have tried to do that with you and the others.

Do you think that I want the comments I have said about Tomb_Raidenx to be true.. Of course not, I would hate to think that people still thought that.... but I believe my opinion is right.. I can't change that.

Tomb_Raidenx if I have completely mis-read you I am sorry maybe the people I have met have warped my view. I mean this in a positive way.. I still stand by the fact that you should never have to say your sexuality because others are acting like jerks just let em get on with it. You know what you are, the world doesn't need to.

Anyhow good night/good morning/good afternoon.

:D

Bampire
6th Sep 2008, 06:10
Like said, we don't need anymore negativity in these forums.

I've just requested to a moderator to lock this thread.

ihatemilkduds
6th Sep 2008, 06:54
Like said, we don't need anymore negativity in these forums.

I've just requested to a moderator to lock this thread.

Thank you Goar. ;)

tombraider1best
12th Sep 2008, 18:55

TOTALLY yepp i agree

Tomb_Raiderx
12th Sep 2008, 23:01
Thank you Goar. ;)

Thanks for sticking up for me ihatemilkduds:)

LC is Me
12th Sep 2008, 23:30
All I see in you is ignorance... Oh you talk well..I'll give you that but you have failed because of your ignorance to see another point of view... I always try and put myself in another person's shoes, I think it makes for a more well rounded person. Yes I have tried to do that with you and the others.

Do you think that I want the comments I have said about Tomb_Raidenx to be true.. Of course not, I would hate to think that people still thought that.... but I believe my opinion is right.. I can't change that.

Tomb_Raidenx if I have completely mis-read you I am sorry maybe the people I have met have warped my view. I mean this in a positive way.. I still stand by the fact that you should never have to say your sexuality because others are acting like jerks just let em get on with it. You know what you are, the world doesn't need to.

Anyhow good night/good morning/good afternoon.

:D
Ignorance? MilkDuds seems a bit educated on the subject. I don't see how their is any ignorance going around except from your posts. Just chill.

ihatemilkduds
13th Sep 2008, 03:49
Thanks for sticking up for me ihatemilkduds:)

No prob friend. And thank you LC. :D

Bampire
13th Sep 2008, 03:53
Seems like they didn't want to lock the thread. :/

ihatemilkduds
13th Sep 2008, 06:34
Seems like they didn't want to lock the thread. :/

Can't say you didn't try. Thanks Goar.

But, if it starts up again, I won't be the one finishing it. I can learn when to leave well enough alone. :thumbsup: