PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only (OMG)

tombraidergal
1st Sep 2008, 08:40
Do you girls ever feel like geeks waiting for tr games and playing them, its just weird, i can't wait for underworld but sometimes i get called a geek, i'[m not like a girl who'd go shopping 24/7
do you feel fine and not care, i draw pictures of lara croft but when my friend blabbed to a girl in our class she went "You draw pictures of lara croft? Weirdo" i was like "NO! NO! i don't"
do you guys ever feel nerdy or geeky?

Rachie
1st Sep 2008, 08:47
Of course. All the time. I try not to, but I always talk about TR at school, and also these Forums. My friends jokingly (or so they say) call me a nerd, and say I'm in love with Lara.

How degrading. I think of her more as a role model, I guess.

Because of that, I don't metion TR to anyone, other than my friends. And even then I try not to.

It's just life, though. :D

rg_001100
1st Sep 2008, 08:50
Enough with the "Girls only" threads, okay.

do you guys ever feel nerdy or geeky [playing TR]?
This problem applies evenly to both guys and girls. TR isn't something that's "cool" to do, and so by liking it there's always possibility for discrimination, regardless of gender.

iveko
1st Sep 2008, 09:04
Do you girls ever feel like geeks waiting for tr games and playing them, its just weird, i can't wait for underworld but sometimes i get called a geek, i'[m not like a girl who'd go shopping 24/7
do you feel fine and not care, i draw pictures of lara croft but when my friend blabbed to a girl in our class she went "You draw pictures of lara croft? Weirdo" i was like "NO! NO! i don't"

Well I'm also not the kind of girl that goes shopping 24/7;)
Now speaking for myself I have never been called a geek into my face for playing Tomb Raider (or for being interested in computer or cars) but some people do tend to give me weird looks from time to time when I talk about the things I like (Tomb Raider for example). But in the end of the day I don't give a damn what they think about me, my friends accept who I am even if I AM a geek in their eyes :D

Sorry for my bad English but I'm Macedonian :p

P. S. I can't wait for Underworld too

Bampire
1st Sep 2008, 09:15
I draw Lara.

I talk about Lara.

I RANT about Lara.

I even call myself a TR Nerd! Who cares! You like what you like, and if other people don't like it! It's their problem!

lilhanhan
1st Sep 2008, 09:16
What's wrong with being a geek? :cool:

Don't worry and don't care at what they say.

It doesn't matter what your interests are, someone always tries to call you; that's just the way it is, ignore them and do what you like; it's not up to them!

and being a geek's fun! :D

Atlantis3735
1st Sep 2008, 10:06
Hah! I love Tomb Raider with every fibre in my body.
But I'm not a nerd. My friends don't quite understand my love for Tomb Raider but I don't care. They have the occasional joke about Tomb Raider, but that's fine, because things like that don't annoy me.

They even pester me about coming on this forum, they say it's very nerdy.
But I couldn't care less. This forum is part of my love for Tomb Raider.
Everyone can make as many jokes as they like, but Tomb Raider is a part of me and 9 trillion jokes won't change that. :)

TOMB RAIDER FTW :p

Veppie
1st Sep 2008, 10:47
I don't care what people think. My family really doesn't understand why I should get a new computer especially when I tell them the reason (the old one can't play TRU). My dad really doesn't understand why I spend so much money on a computer and TR and other games but it's just my thing. Others might spend it on clothes (same with time, you spend it on what you like)
I bloody live on my own, am independend and I don't care if my dad (who just bought a rolls royce he definitally does not need) calls me a geek or nerd or whatever because a spend moeny (and time) on TR.

My friends on the other hand just ignore me when I'm talking about games, except one, he likes games to, just not TR (poor guy).

Macus
1st Sep 2008, 10:47
I' m so obsessed with it...It became a part of my friend's life:) :) and I don't feel like nerd.
not anyone can be interested and handle this game..and it's unusual for other people couse they have different interests that we can't bear..the thing is that when I'm playing Tomb Raider...I feel kinda less girly...do you know what I mean?I engoy the shooting and the killing...to tell you the truth...I'm better than the guy's that play this game...as they say...I'm so in it...that I can play with my eyes closed;)))
salut!!!!

Tomb-Dude
1st Sep 2008, 11:09
I noticed other guys have said this so i'm posting.
Me my self i don't really talk about games and Tomb Raider out of the house really.
I only talk to people about Tomb Raider if they are interested with Tomb Raider or any sort of game. Friends know I like games but i haven't been called a nerd because i play games. Probably because I don't talk about it all the time :scratch:
But yeah this does go for both guys and girls :p

Rexie
1st Sep 2008, 12:29
I am an ├╝ber tomboy, workmates doesin't care about TR, but they call me a geek for varous reasons-... >=/

qwerty
1st Sep 2008, 12:30
... i was never called nerd or something like that cause we were all raised with lara(my party and i)

MaRyCroft
1st Sep 2008, 12:46
I feel everything but a nerd while playing TR i feel powerfull i feel what she is doin in the game! I don't mind talking about it to other people i like it and nothing they say will change my love for TR! I like shopping and i'm not less girly for that!! There's nothing wrong with having the both sides and Lara is the example of that! She wears dresses and girly stuff only she raids tombs and fires guns and does a lot of gymnastics!!!! She's my virtual idol and i'll never be able to stop playing her games no matter what people call me my friends know i love this they say i'm addicted to it but they support me! And real friends do that they support their friends and don't make jokes about it so keep doing what u love and forget what other people say they're just jeallous because we are smarter and able to do complicated puzzles :D

TwinPistols
1st Sep 2008, 12:56
If you love Tr you aren't a geek/ nerd, your a gamer, wich is different. People are just jealous because they suck playing games and we don't!:p I'm kidding!
My friends (and everybody else) never called me a nerd, they just get annoyed sometimes when I'm talking about TR. But my bestfriends are patient and listen to me even if they get a lil bit annoyed...:o That's what friends are for, right?

i'm not a geek, i'm a tomboy, what can I do?;)

tombraidergal
1st Sep 2008, 12:59
well, sometimes, you tell a friend something like you can't wait for tr underworld, and then they go and slagg you off, act all nice, then you dind out, your gobsmacked, and you dump em for being a cow, well,

josh1122
1st Sep 2008, 13:03
ive never been called a geek or nerd for liking tomb raider or anything like that in general. People like what they like, that simple. if someone else doesn't like it then tough luck :rasp:

little miss Ju
1st Sep 2008, 14:14
Enough with the "Girls only" threads, okay.

This problem applies evenly to both guys and girls. TR isn't something that's "cool" to do, and so by liking it there's always possibility for discrimination, regardless of gender.

Give it a rest rg if she wants to open a thread where she wants only girls to reply she can, plus it doesnt exaclty stop you from looking does it? Jeeze if you have that much of a problem then open a boys only thread, God you have a problem with everything!

And yeah I do feel really geeky sometimes :eek:

spirit815
1st Sep 2008, 14:42
ivoke: by calling yourself macedonian i am led to belive that you come from fyrom and you just fool yourself**** .whatever,i was never called nerd or something like that cause we were all raised with lara(my party and i)

Look pal, I'm Macedonian too and I'm coming from MACEDONIA!!! What led you to believe that me and iveko were coming from fyrom. Do you see anywhere in the word Macedonian a word fyrom??? All I can see is MACEDONIA!

ive never been called a geek or nerd for liking tomb raider or anything like that in general. People like what they like, that simple. if someone else doesn't like it then tough luck :rasp:

Back to the topic, I think that no one should call any one a nerd because they like certain things. That is just difference of tastes if you ask me.

LC is Me
1st Sep 2008, 15:00
YES!

But I love being uber geeky.
:)

Just one of my qualities.

tombraiderlaracroft1
1st Sep 2008, 15:00
I love Tomb Raider but i'm always made fun of for loving it and even my family think that i only love Lara Croft and computor games (which is kinda true). Everyone treats me like a geek but i guess I don't really care Lara will always be my idol and I guess what people say hurts but I supose you just gotta ignore it. I don't see why most of the girls that like Tomb Raider are never in the schools popular group (that aren't actually popular)!:mad2: :( :scratch:

cgtombraider
1st Sep 2008, 15:06
Well I'm not girl but in my high school art class all my art projects are Lara Croft related! Like I'm making a huge 3-D picture of lara croft! It will look so cool!

cgtombraider
1st Sep 2008, 15:09
Also, i am the person in my school who likes Tomb Raider! So have youtube and forums to have people to talk to about it! I always feel like a geek when i am in the game section of a store! lol

Raindrops Melody
1st Sep 2008, 15:11

I am not big on shopping 2.:o :D
& all my friends are on the TR forums!! (I do have one off the forums)

they just get annoyed sometimes when I'm talking about TR. But my bestfriends are patient and listen to me even if they get a lil bit annoyed... That's what friends are for, right?
My mom gets annoyed, but my friend duz not.

Arctic
1st Sep 2008, 15:34
Well, one of my friends used to call me geek. For fun of course. But then I compared it with her obsession with Pirates of the Caribbean, and now I think she understands how I feel about TR. We're actually trying to complete Chronicles togehter :D

Raider126
1st Sep 2008, 15:49
At my school, I am the only one that is really interested in the games, my friends understand why I like it so much as they watched the films and played some of the games. My english teacher gets annoyed with me if I mention Tomb Raider even if I use it as an example of something.

I was making an website, I've stopped now because it was far too hard for me to focas on it 24/7, I am making a magazine now :). Anyway, I was planning this site and at the end of the day in regestration I would get out my note book and write some infomation down, people use to call me a geek then, I would just pretend I was writing about them, then they would be all crazy and they would panic :rasp:

TwinPistols
1st Sep 2008, 15:52
My mom gets annoyed, but my friend duz not.

I annoy my mom a lot too, right now I'm going to annoy her to see if she let me buy a TRU figure oversea.:D ;)

Cosmasia
1st Sep 2008, 16:05
Nope I never feel weird for liking Tomb Raider.
Then again, I've never experienced the immature kid-school situations a lot of people seem to experience.
All the schools I've ever been to in my life I was never bullied, nor was anyone else in my class, and no one was "weird" for having hobbies.

I'm almost 19 now and couldn't care less what a random person has to say about me loving the Tomb Raider games at all. :)

larac_tr
1st Sep 2008, 16:32
i'm a geek and proud of it! :D but not because i play tomb raider, just because i am :lol:
being normal is boring anyways. who cares what other people think? they're the ones missing out on the awesomeness that is tomb raider. :D. i feel kind of bad for them actually. tomb raider fans are some of the nicest people i've ever met (and i mean that guys and girls here on the tomb raider forums. you people are awesome. :) )

franiqueblack
1st Sep 2008, 16:48
I never heard anyone stamping me as a geek for having a huge enthusiast on TR before. maybe it's coz i normally tell 'em to my close friends and my ex-boyfriend but well, you'll never know what they gonna say behind your back. You know what, I don't care!
I don't know what got me but TR seemed to have this sorta attraction that I couldnt resist.
True, that I left the gaming world for like 6-8 years (and totally forgotten about TR!!) but, the MAGIC is just there to hypnotize me! LOL
When I first played the DEMO version of TR:Legend, I got so ecstatic and I couldn't wait to play the FULL version, 'till I purchased the game online...and downloaded it from EIDOS website itself. So, yeah, I had to use my credit card just for the game. :nut:
So, people, it's free world. Play TR and just dont care what they wanna say.

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 18:12
I guess this topic goes for both Boys and girls......

Yeah some people call Lara and her fans weirdos, nerd, geek or something like that cos the themselves know how perfect Lara is and how good she is...... Its really annoying sometimes to her something bad about Lara but a true lara fan would never give up following her......

Whereas its on my experience..... When I tell my friends about Lara and upcoming TRU I just can't stop talking about her..... And they go like "Wow H is in love with laraaahhh croft" and other than my friends say "what a freak, he actually likes and follow a character who doesn't even exist"........ and Then I just simply say " Have you played TR...??? Thats why you can't match me"....... and normal people can't say even a single word about Lara in front of me or else I show the young passionate blood........

ihatemilkduds
1st Sep 2008, 18:29
Please. I am married to a computer science major who plays Hero Quest, Dungeons and Dragons, and had a brief stint with Magic: The Gathering before I had to put a stop to that (bad memories, no offense to the game itself).

I think, by comparison, I'm a little lower on the nerd spectrum, haha.

I love being a nerd. I haven't really heard "geek" used lately. I think we're living in a time (at least here in America) where being a nerd is finally being regarded as a respected position. Even revered! I mean, look at how much money you can make being a nerd? Not to mention nerds usually end up having the kinds of careers that are fun or can really be enjoyed.

It's strange to me that there are still people out there who would poke fun at someone who enjoys playing video games. It's like. . .so archaic to react in that manner.

In all honestly, sometimes it does come from jealousy. People mock what they don't understand and when they see someone who looks a little too happy, they want to knock 'em down a notch so they feel better about themselves.

blonde croft
1st Sep 2008, 18:37
why isn't there a GUYS ONLY thread! lol even though i am female!

toughraid3r37
1st Sep 2008, 18:41
Not even alittle. I don't care what other people think either. Everyone has their own thing and Tomb Raider is one of mine. I love the game <3 ;)

Roodhartje
1st Sep 2008, 18:49
I almost never talk about TR, because I would not that they think I'm a geek...
When my little brother was talking to my boyfriend and he said I was a big fan of TR I got red and sayd it's not true....
But I don't wanna hide that I'm a big fan.... but some people just not understand.. :rolleyes:

spirit815
1st Sep 2008, 18:56
poor fyromish girl.you steal you stole a GREEK name wanting to claim the GREEK LANDS of macedonia and you call yourself macedonian?the word alone is greek! after all you have no rights to call yourself that way,no one gave them to you,ooh and do me a favour,remind me please what was your name in the olympic games:whistle:(no offenece or insult,i have been to fyrom and its nice but...)

Hahaha, who are YOU to tell us how to call ourselves huh? I don't know who have stolen from who, you should reread the history books again. On the Olympic games the name was fyrom because your greek friends will whine and probably boycott the games if it said Macedonia, which it should have!! And please don't taint the topic of this thread by stating ridiculous statements. This is not the place for political debate, here people discuss about Tomb Raider, and you should too!

PAFC7
1st Sep 2008, 19:07
you have to be a bit of a geek to play tomb raider, because u have to be smart play it. (more the older games) the new ones kind of mother you through most of it.
They just call you a geek cuz they cant do it.

PAFC7
1st Sep 2008, 19:11
Why would some people hide that they like TombRaider :scratch: . you have to be comfortable with yourself and what you like :thumbsup: . if people have a problem theyre not your friends:(

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 19:16
why isn't there a GUYS ONLY thread! lol even though i am female!

Yeeaassshhhhh....... There should be one...... But that doesn't really matters now cos this thread has become for both guys and girls......:rolleyes:

blonde croft
1st Sep 2008, 19:18
i no! lol if the title has 'Girls only' boys are only just gonna have a look at it! lol

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 19:41
i no! lol if the title has 'Girls only' boys are only just gonna have a look at it! lol

Hahahahahah...... :lmao: :lmao: ....... Yeah how can we stop our fingers...... and hey girls are incomplete without boys and vice-versa......

If you want to keep boys away from the thread name the thread "The oldies' chat"...... :lol:

skybluetopaz
1st Sep 2008, 19:44
i have never been called a geek/ nerd for liking tomb raider i guess cos its fairly popular where i am and just cos its a video game shouldn't give anyone a reason to think its geeky ( i don't think) different people like different things ;) :cool: :) :D ^^^ lol

skybluetopaz
1st Sep 2008, 20:01
my dad just called me obsessed lol :lol: :D

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 20:03
Yeah sometimes my bro also says that I'm suffering from L.R.O.D i.e Lara Croft Obsession Disorder...... :lol:

lilhanhan
1st Sep 2008, 20:08
My parents were more addicted to TR than me, that's why they don't play it anymore unless I am...

So they don't mind if I'm always talking about TR because sometimes they start the conversations about it! :D

skybluetopaz
1st Sep 2008, 20:13
Yeah sometimes my bro also says that I'm suffering from L.R.O.D i.e Lara Croft Obsession Disorder...... :lol:

lol ^^^. im not too obsessed
*looks left to right*
@ lilhanhan - thats cool my dad and my sis both like TR:D :lol:

blonde croft
1st Sep 2008, 20:15
Hahahahahah...... :lmao: :lmao: ....... Yeah how can we stop our fingers...... and hey girls are incomplete without boys and vice-versa......

If you want to keep boys away from the thread name the thread "The oldies' chat"...... :lol:

LOL or the 'Boyfriend Thread!' lol
i get called obsessed by my friends and family!:( but who gives ****

lilhanhan
1st Sep 2008, 20:15
@ lilhanhan - thats cool my dad and my sis both like TR:D :lol:

Cool!

It's pretty cool to know that some families share the same interest in videogames...it makes a change to the parents who think games are stupid. :D

Lara's.Fan4life
1st Sep 2008, 20:16
Oh you lucky guys..... I'm the only one so passionate about TR in my house.....

My bro likes to play TR sometimes but he just can't keep up with the Lara in the game...... He says "I can't even climb a wall and you are asking me to play"....

Tomb_Raiderx
2nd Sep 2008, 04:18

umm I love to go shopping, but I'm still EXTREMELY excited for TR it's one of my favorite games, so I'm going to be excited and impatient waiting for the game to come out, but I want the demo to come out soon so it can hold me over till the game comes out.:D

Oh I forgot to answer your question....no I don't feel like a geek.:D

LaraDownUnder
2nd Sep 2008, 06:29

Hmm...i dont actually feel like a geek, its just something i love doing...

i have a balance between the 'girly things' and the 'guy things'...sure i love to go shopping and do the whole hair and makeup thing for special occasions...but i also love to just kick back and relax with a good book, or surf the net or play the PS2/3.

So yeah, i dont consider myself a geek :)

Of course. All the time. I try not to, but I always talk about TR at school, and also these Forums. My friends jokingly (or so they say) call me a nerd, and say I'm in love with Lara.

How degrading. I think of her more as a role model, I guess.

Because of that, I don't metion TR to anyone, other than my friends. And even then I try not to.

It's just life, though. :D

Haha!! my friends are like that too Rachie...though i've come to the point where i don't care what anyone else thinks...our year 12 group are pretty tight.

On the whole 'your in love with her thing,' i can relate to!!!
But i have that many 'obsessions' that my friends just accept it...and continue to pay me out (jokingly). :p

tombraidergal
2nd Sep 2008, 06:31
ok, i was bullied at school and none of my friends really counted me as their best, but now i'm at high school and i'm quite popular. :) But, i wonna pass my grade 4 exam for piano and if i do i am going to get tr underworld as a prezzy, but i'll get it anyway coz i'll take money out of my account and buy it!

IvanaKC
2nd Sep 2008, 06:39

I still hide that I'm TR fan because that's not "modern" in our class. I draw picture of Lara Croft and my friends don't know who she is so they say: "That girl has really big boobs."

I'm not popular in my class because I don't smoke and I all grades I have are: A A A A (5 5 5 5).....ya know "nerds" aren't popular. I have only 5-6 really good friends. They never gossip me and they play TRL and TRA :D

rg_001100
2nd Sep 2008, 06:57
Give it a rest rg if she wants to open a thread where she wants only girls to reply she can, plus it doesnt exaclty stop you from looking does it? Jeeze if you have that much of a problem then open a boys only thread, God you have a problem with everything!

I don't see why you're going psycho at me, I'm not the only one who feels this way. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=79818)

I was playing TR(:Legend) on my friend's PSP today in form class... another one of the guys in class came over, looked at it and said something along the lines of "Oh yeah, nice view of her A**". My friend said: "Hey, why would you say such a thing". But it was still enraging :mad: :mad:. I guess it's sad that not all people "get" Tomb Raider, and we're a kind of strange group.

I'd found it pretty embarrasing to talk about TR to my mates, although a couple of my friends know about it, and that it's not just for eye candy. Aside from that, it's still pretty weird, I suppose, to talk about videogames.

ihatemilkduds
2nd Sep 2008, 06:57
I have only 5-6 really good friends. They never gossip me and they play TRL and TRA :D

That's all you really need. ;)

Not to mention you've got us. Not that we can take the place of real flesh-and-blood friends but you know. . .at least we're all crazy about TR.

IvanaKC
2nd Sep 2008, 07:05
That's all you really need. ;)

Not to mention you've got us. Not that we can take the place of real flesh-and-blood friends but you know. . .at least we're all crazy about TR.

I wanted to write that but i forgot. it' not a crime being TR fan. I mean look at Siren: Blood Curse game, in Japan there are so many fans and no one blames them.

ihatemilkduds
2nd Sep 2008, 07:15
I wanted to write that but i forgot. it' not a crime being TR fan. I mean look at Siren: Blood Curse game, in Japan there are so many fans and no one blames them.

I think we're alright. :D

If someone finds fault with our choice in entertainment, then it's not really our responsibility to make them feel better about it. I mean. . .sure. . .if they seem nonthreatening enough ;) why not introduce them to the game? They might find out they've had things backward all along.

Tomb Raider has proven itself to be pretty good at bringing people together. So whether by geek or nerd or gamer or dork, what-have-you. . .wear it proud!

Spong
2nd Sep 2008, 10:05
So when's this thread going to be deleted by the person that made it (tombraidergal)?

It seems the only decent thing to do if the girls want to save face in light of Lara's.Fan4life deleting the "boy's" thread.

Tomb-Dude
2nd Sep 2008, 10:09
Have to agree with you spong, there was even a thread made my Goar about these and to stop making them. This is a forum for where everyone can have a discussion about Tomb Raider. Not just girls or just boys.

lilhanhan
2nd Sep 2008, 11:14
I don't think it should be deleted, maybe just re-named because it seems that everyone as joined in the conversation now... ^.^;

Well, it's just a suggestion...:o

Lo
2nd Sep 2008, 11:58
I think Lara Croft can be quite inspirational. Many folk like to emulate her and develop all her athletic attributes and moves which could be a good thing if done safely!

I think the game is intelligent, largely. The art team are taken on location so that real environments are amply reflected in the games. It's thanks to Lara in TR4 that I want to visit the Valley of the Kings in Luxor.

I totally don't feel like a geek or a nerd. If others think I am then good luck to them. I admit I feel geeky when I play Scrabble but TR? Never! Many of the folks who bad-mouth Tomb Raider have probably never played any of the original games. What is not to like about them? It's a whole adventure from start to finish. Varied locations and the opportunity to create your own levels thanks to the Level Editor.

Most TR games involve a modicum of puzzle-solving which is good for the brain! It's not all mindless violence and bloodshed. It has direction and purpose. Sure, like any game it has it's flaws on occasion but I'd be hard pressed to do any better in truth.

There are few games out there that folk return to time and again but many board members here can happily pick up TR1 again and again, in spite of it's substandard graphics by comparrison. The old-skool games really have stood the test of time.

Have no shame Raiders! Be proud of yourselves for having the ability to play and recognise a fantastic game when you see one! :D

leanna
2nd Sep 2008, 12:59
you have to be a bit of a geek to play tomb raider, because u have to be smart play it. (more the older games) the new ones kind of mother you through most of it.
They just call you a geek cuz they cant do it.

What made you say that? :eek: It's so stupid! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I've played all Tomb Raider games and I'm not a geek!
Being it isn't a condition to play Tomb Raider. Yes, you have to be smart, but being smart doesn't implies being a geek either.

Laura Croft
2nd Sep 2008, 13:02
I guess I am a geek in some ways, but I love it! My friends know I play video games, and that Tomb Raider is my favourite, and they tease me about it sometimes in a humourous way, but never to offend me. They honestly couldn't care less whether I spend my Sunday afternoons in Topshop or playing Tomb Raider. If you have a good bunch of friends then it shouldn't matter.

ihatemilkduds
2nd Sep 2008, 21:26
I don't think it should be deleted, maybe just re-named because it seems that everyone as joined in the conversation now... ^.^;

Well, it's just a suggestion...:o

I agree. Change the thread title. . .because it's not really a girls-only discussion. Anyone can talk about this.

Lara's.Fan4life
3rd Sep 2008, 07:20
Yep..... It really looks embarrassing to post in a girls only thread......

blonde croft
3rd Sep 2008, 07:22
lol! hows the boys locker room? lol

Lara's.Fan4life
3rd Sep 2008, 07:37
Oh sheeeshh..... and you girls also spammed there..... and you were among them...... http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m082.gif

Well but I have deleted that one..... To signify my respect for everyone..... ahhhh......

blonde croft
3rd Sep 2008, 09:54
well you can't blame the girls!
it was Called "Boys Locker room" lol so girls have to come in! :lol:

LaraCroftRox
3rd Sep 2008, 10:08
Why is this gender exclusive? I'm so confused......... :D :D

TwinPistols
3rd Sep 2008, 10:13
Why is this gender exclusive? I'm so confused......... :D :D

Me too!:D :rasp:

MissJess
3rd Sep 2008, 23:38
May I ask what the (OMG) is for? LOL

Lara's.Fan4life
4th Sep 2008, 07:14
@ Miss Jess..... OMG stands for OH My God!!!!..... :eek: :eek:
@ LaraCroftRox...... Its no more there...... This is the only gender based thread left...... A person opened a thread to stop all this so its kinda minimized.......
@ Blonde Croft.... S**T...!!! I knew I should have titled it the Girlfriend thread or maybe something in our code language ....... :scratch: :scratch:

domina
4th Sep 2008, 20:06
I think male TR fans might even have a harder time than girls. Even if a guy likes Tomb Raider for the action, puzzles, gameplay, etc., there's still that stigma of only liking it because Lara has a hot bod. Which leads to suggestions of perversion, loneliness, no girlfriend, etc.

But as a girl, do I find negative reactions when people learn I like Tomb Raider and Lara?

Not really. Maybe when I was in middle school... I do remember one guy trying to say I was a lesbian 'cause I liked to draw her, but I like to draw women in general. And some of my female friends don't get it, but they don't get video games in general.

It's not a problem anymore, however, and I find that men are very supportive of my TR fandom.

patorito croft
4th Sep 2008, 22:13
What made you say that? :eek: It's so stupid! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I've played all Tomb Raider games and I'm not a geek!
Being it isn't a condition to play Tomb Raider. Yes, you have to be smart, but being smart doesn't implies being a geek either.

i agree with you 100%, and its sad to say this but......... for most of the people being intelligent or smart is the same as being a nerd or geek:(
by example, i dont talk about TR to my friends (men) because they say "dude, she's hot!--yes, shes got a nice a**" and i dont like to talk about TR with them
and my other friends (women), well they say: "videogames are for boys and nerds only-- yes, we talk about make-up"
the thing is that any of my friends actually like TR and they used to call me nerd for that and for my A in lots of subjects in school, but it doesnt offend me, and it shouldn't offend anyone of us, we are smart enough to play TR and everybody that calls us like that are just jealous:D
and sorry for being in a "only girls" thread, but everyone is here:D

MissJess
5th Sep 2008, 01:16
@ Miss Jess..... OMG stands for OH My God!!!!..... :eek: :eek:
@ LaraCroftRox...... Its no more there...... This is the only gender based thread left...... A person opened a thread to stop all this so its kinda minimized.......
@ Blonde Croft.... S**T...!!! I knew I should have titled it the Girlfriend thread or maybe something in our code language ....... :scratch: :scratch:

LOL Ya I know what it is Its just kind of random. Girls only (OMG) I dont know...

Larahair
5th Sep 2008, 04:45
No cause it's none of any one's business whether I like tr or not.

Lara's.Fan4life
5th Sep 2008, 07:20
LOL Ya I know what it is Its just kind of random. Girls only (OMG) I dont know...

Emmm ... Now That I don't know.... The creater must be in a great shock.....

LadyLaraCroft12
8th Sep 2008, 20:35
definitly not! most of the other girls are all just like "whatever, it's your life" and the guys are all like "no way! you play videogames like TR?" it's actually pretty funny.

SunsetEclipse
18th Oct 2008, 22:30
I know what you mean, I used to draw Lara in class, and the boys used to say I was a lesbian O_o. I can't help it if she's cool!
I don't care what people think bout me playing games, I am a huge gamer and I am proud, I think its a cool thing I have going for me.
Alot of guys can't believe girls actually game, and a few said I'm cool for doing so :cool:

SunsetEclipse
18th Oct 2008, 22:39
I still hide that I'm TR fan because that's not "modern" in our class. I draw picture of Lara Croft and my friends don't know who she is so they say: "That girl has really big boobs."

I'm not popular in my class because I don't smoke and I all grades I have are: A A A A (5 5 5 5).....ya know "nerds" aren't popular. I have only 5-6 really good friends. They never gossip me and they play TRL and TRA :D

Don't listen to those losers who mock you for doing well in class. I got bullied because I actually got on with work. The ones who are popular and make fun of other for doing better in school end up with pointless, rubbish life's period! After school most of em can't get jobs coz they didn't pass or go to school.
Good for you not smoking too, keep that up, after all Lara doesn't smoke, it's unattractive too ^^

crazyraider-147
18th Oct 2008, 22:57
YOU KNOW WHAT I hate when my freinds insult Tomb Raider like friggen World Of Warcraft is better! They say Lara Croft will be pawned by W.O.W characters and I say at least I don't play it 24/7 like the video game junkies you are. EHHH they really get on my nerves but there my pals I know there just joking... somtimes.

By the way im a boy and posted in the thread anyways.

OoxshlezarxoO
18th Oct 2008, 23:15
i know exactly how you feel, i draw lara croft all the time, i love playing her games, im smart in all subject in school and im always waiting for the new game. and im always on TR fansites, im not girly like that but i wouldnt necessarily call myself a geek or nerd.

1q2q3q4q5q
19th Oct 2008, 00:04
i have never found another person who like tomb raider and only one of my freinds knows i like tomb raider(this freind is like the classic girl shopping etc)
even if everyone at my school new i played tomb raider all the time they probaly wouldn't care and my school is a bit messed up as all the teachers pets and the gamers are the most popular

p.s. im a guy;)

Sina_Croft
19th Oct 2008, 01:07
definitly not! most of the other girls are all just like "whatever, it's your life" and the guys are all like "no way! you play videogames like TR?" it's actually pretty funny.

I like that reaction of the boys xD I also play other pc games and go to lanpartys.
People used stared weird at me ( or such ) and now I'm doing a ICT study xD and then you only hear "oh yeah, I don't do lanparty's, just not my thing or they love Wow more or something :P but it's cool xD

xxLara_croftxx
19th Oct 2008, 02:39
lol yes my mom thinks im toooooooooooooooooo into lara croft lol she wonders about me :D :lmao:

LadyLaraCroft12
23rd Oct 2008, 00:03
I love seeing someone's expression when they find out I'm so into videogames, especially when they think i'm some sort of robot-perfect-child who never has a bit of fun ever. i mean, c'mon, it's not that hard to accept.

trjunepearl
23rd Oct 2008, 00:20
Well, I don't neccessarily feel like a geek...but I do talk about TR 24/7 at school, though only with my friends, cuz they totally understand. Only because I got them into liking it, too...even though out of all of us, I'm still considered the one with the most "unhealthy" obsession (lol!). So since I talk casually about it everyday to them, I don't feel weird anymore. I mean, at first, yea i felt like the odd one out. :nut: but now it's a completely normal everyday thing. lol. the only thing that might be the tiniest bit geeky, is that we wrote all over our hands in pen stuff like "26 days 'till TR:U", "zip and alister rule!", and "natla must die!" etc. it's a little odd, but who really cares!! :) lol i am unhumanly obsessed w/ TR and proud of it!

JRod108
23rd Oct 2008, 22:59
Ok im a girl and I make all A's, read Star Wars novels, own over 10 Star Wars videogames, obsessed with Tomb Raider, and I would draw lara if i could (i suck at drawing). I talk about videogames all the time with my friends and I am obsessed with
Halo 3. My friends often call me a dork/nerd/geek, but I really don't care what they think. The only thing that really matters is what you think of yourself.:cool:

IvanaKC
24th Oct 2008, 11:25
My friends just say: WTF is that?

Well, I'm obsessed with TR and CoD.
I love to buy t-shirts and trousers but I go shopping one in 2 months.

William Croft
24th Oct 2008, 17:23
Since other guys are posting i think i'll add something to;

I dont care what people think, I love Tomb Raider and so be it and why would i feel 'nerdy' playing a game I like playing?

JuicyJam
24th Oct 2008, 19:05
I'm a guy also, sorry for ignoring your 'rules'.

I personally think it doesn't matter what others think, you like something why not have it?

However, I do believe your stereotypical comment about girls who go shopping 24/7 is a bit eeek.

croft91
24th Oct 2008, 19:39

No way! I love being the kinda girl I am, I'm different from a lot of girls at skool and a lot of my frends, but I believe in individuality, it's unique, it makes you special. I love being a gaming geek or wotever you wana call it. Ialways play my playstation, I'm addicted to it.
Us girls rock!!! (lol):rasp: :nut: :D

toughraid3r37
24th Oct 2008, 21:01
Lol I thought tomb raider was pretty much a girls game. I love it sooo much. When i look up TRU stuff my dad says: Tomb Raider again? when he loved it for so long. :rasp:

Gracie
26th Oct 2008, 10:38
most ppl think tomb raider is a guy's game, since she is physically more appealing to guys and all. ha i don't know anyone personally that plays TR besides my dad..

tombraiderlaracroft1
26th Oct 2008, 10:53
no one knows that i love lara just my BFF and family. I feel ashamed that i can't tell people it's just that people would soooooooooooooo make fun of me in my skwl.
I guess I just have to let it out slowly like I did with Lil' Chris it took a whole year and 1st half of term to tell people i love Lil' Chris.:nut: :rolleyes: :D :confused:

Boogie
26th Oct 2008, 12:09
Yeah i dont really talk about it much, but when i do its mostly with guys who do thinks its cool! Most of my friends are brainy and nerdy gamers any way so its not mcuh of a problem, (thats not to say we are losers :lol: )

Kami
26th Oct 2008, 20:18
AW i was hoping to find sth nude here :p

blahblahperson
26th Oct 2008, 20:30
no i dont really feel like a geek....cuz most of my guy friends like tomb raider so we "connect" so to speak

diogoandre
26th Oct 2008, 21:00
4 pages of girl talk about TR, the world is a strange place to live in these days :rasp:

I know NO girl that can have a talk with me or my friends about games, girls are like... girls. I believe that there are exceptions, a lot of them, but not in my country.

EDIT: I remember ONE! My cousin, but she doesn't play videogames anymore.