PDA

View Full Version : the future of tomb raider

zakker
31st Aug 2008, 19:41
after TRU, i guess eidos shall go to remake TR4 and then with a new engine for TR, lara and Verner team up to fight amanda who try to release seth:p

blonde croft
31st Aug 2008, 19:45
lol new remake lol but if they do make a remake i hope its TR2!

Tomb_Raiderx
31st Aug 2008, 20:23

yeah my guess is that they would go in order.

blonde croft
31st Aug 2008, 20:23
lol mayby!

zakker
4th Sep 2008, 20:17
but TR4 is the richest TR game ever produces, with 35 levels:eek: wow that what i call a game.
imagine 35 levels with new TR engine, that what i am looking for.
TR2 is awsome too but it is a dead end**** , otherwise TR4 opens for a new TR games:cool:

TR_genius
4th Sep 2008, 20:54

Me too lol Ive just finished playing the game, it would be great with a new Lara and betther graphics especially with it being in China in parts of the game with the Great Wall. But too TR4 would be great with all the levels and a good storyline:)

my avalon
4th Sep 2008, 20:57
I would appreciate just having the older TR's available on the 'newer' platforms such as PS3, Wii and Xbox systems. even if the graphics are not improved it would be great to play those again. we no longer have our original systems that those games came out on, and also are not compatible with Vista (at least according to the ones I've read looking into getting the pc versions).

a better idea would be to actually release a compilation of the old games for these systems. :)

TR_genius
5th Sep 2008, 10:03
I would appreciate just having the older TR's available on the 'newer' platforms such as PS3, Wii and Xbox systems. even if the graphics are not improved it would be great to play those again. we no longer have our original systems that those games came out on, and also are not compatible with Vista (at least according to the ones I've read looking into getting the pc versions).

a better idea would be to actually release a compilation of the old games for these systems. :)

Good point, now that the original tomb raider are old, it's harder to buy the games and consoles needed, and I would hate not being able to play on one of the games:mad2:
So I agree on that they should release them on a newer platform for long last fans

RainaAudron
7th Sep 2008, 14:59
but TR4 is the richest TR game ever produces, with 35 levels:eek: wow that what i call a game.
imagine 35 levels with new TR engine, that what i am looking for.
TR2 is awsome too but it is a dead end**** , otherwise TR4 opens for a new TR games:cool:

TR4 may be the longest, but it is not always fun. The first half of the gameplay is great, but after the Desert Railroad it gets very boring for me...I didn´t like the Catacombs, nor the Cairo and Pyramid levels...

Treeble
7th Sep 2008, 15:07
TR4 may be the longest, but it is not always fun. The first half of the gameplay is great, but after the Desert Railroad it gets very boring for me...I didn´t like the Catacombs, nor the Cairo and Pyramid levels...

Couldn't agree more. The dark city levels seemed to go on forever. At least it picked up again for me near the end, the Sphinx and Pyramid levels.

TombLover
7th Sep 2008, 18:03
It seems like the classics are getting pretty rare, ive been trying to find a new TRLR for ages on PS1, in the end i got one though, £2! Bargain! :nut:

zakker
8th Sep 2008, 16:16

well, cairo level where badly designed and the citadel don't reflect reality.
but i like virtual worlds, get lost in the game so TR4 Satisfies my need:p

ihatemilkduds
8th Sep 2008, 16:50
I think it'd be pretty cool if, and maybe this is more realistic, CD would release a game with just a few levels from each of the games between TRI and when they took over.

Just to kind of see what it could look like with next gen. graphics. Maybe have a poll to decide which levels most fans would like to see from each game.

For me, it'd be:

TRII - Wreck of the Maria Doria, maybe Floating Islands and the Dragon, of course.
TRIII - Either London or Nevada.
TRIV - Any of the Alexandria levels. Actually, dodging the bull in Guardian of Semerkhet would be cool, too.
TRV - Submarine levels. Embellish it a little more, though.
TRVI - Definitely the Louvre. The Strahov Fortress was fun.

Just to get a taste of what it's like with the new graphics. A sort of compilation disc.

qwerty
8th Sep 2008, 17:14
i suggest that cd will develop an anniversary game every ten(or 5 for the impatients)years and this way we will be able to play every classic(even aod)with a new engine and graphics.if this doesnt work for u then(cause i hate anniversaries i want fresh games)i suggest that cd will recreate the classics after the launch of the last tr(ever)(in wich lara dies once and for all)

rg_001100
9th Sep 2008, 08:17
It seems like the classics are getting pretty rare

It would be good if they re-released the games, maybe. I don't think they really need to be remade, they stand as great games as they were... (most of them, anyway).

Lara_Super_Fan
9th Sep 2008, 09:53
after TRU, i guess eidos shall go to remake TR4 and then with a new engine for TR, lara and Verner team up to fight amanda who try to release seth:p

What are you on about? They are obviously gonna do a remake of TR2!

And what is this about Amanda releasing SET?:scratch:

Treeble
9th Sep 2008, 11:13
No, they are not.

zakker
9th Sep 2008, 13:13
What are you on about? They are obviously gonna do a remake of TR2!

And what is this about Amanda releasing SET?:scratch:

well, first eidos remake tr4, then a new adventure in which lara and verner team up to face amanda who is trying to re-release set, get it:rasp:

_Tomb_Raider_
9th Sep 2008, 13:51
After TRU CD will continue working on TR9.... But half of CD team will be making TRAOD 1 (remake), 2, 3.

Gr8guy
11th Sep 2008, 05:39
If the make too many remakes, I think new Fans as well as some old Fans may not find the Franchise attractive, so that might be risky.

I think they should make a game that plugs the gap between lat revelation and AOD.

Gr8guy
11th Sep 2008, 05:42
Oh and I hope they dont make a TR where lara actually dies. I was really upset with Last revelation when Lara Supposedly died.

raider741
28th Sep 2008, 12:52
no im sorr y but do you agree that the tomb raiders should be remebered as they were

gwenstefni
29th Sep 2008, 05:16
Core Design boss Adrian Heath-Smith has sensationally revealed details on the future direction of British aristocrat Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider series: "The story in The Angel of Darkness has been really important for us, it's been argued that there's maybe too much story in this game. The reason is that we decided we'd do more than one game from the get go, rather then one new game and then go 'guess what guys, you've got to do another one'."
-------------------
Gwenstefni
Guaranteed ROI (http://www.drivenwide.com)